2005: Knight Rider predictions

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

2005: Knight Rider predictions

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:14 pm

Will 2005 be another great year for Knight Rider? What do you think will happen with the franchise? The stars? The merchandise? Any predictions (practical or wild) you want to share?

I predict that a new studio will sign on with the Knight Rider movie by April, and will announce a summer 2006 release date.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:00 pm

If they sign Paul Walker and David for the movie I'll be happy. And they way I look at it is if the General Lee doesn't get messed with in the new "Dukes" movie then why does Kitt need to. If it isn't broke don't fix it and Kitt is not broken, they messed him up in Knight Rider 2000, so leave him alone for the new movie.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:52 pm

EXACTLY! This is what I have been saying all along. I loved the '82 Pontiac Firebird! That model car is as much KITT as the Hoff is Michael! You might as well get someone else to play Michael. KITT is a TransAm, you can't make him anything else or he isn't KITT! Heck, I can't see a old Firebird without thinking of KITT!
"Knight Rider 2008 - A brain-rotting flight into the mind-numbing world of a poor excuse for a television show...that should not exist!"

FIGHT the quest for Season 2 - spare us the trash!!

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:29 am

i agree with KOPP

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:43 am

Thank you!
"Knight Rider 2008 - A brain-rotting flight into the mind-numbing world of a poor excuse for a television show...that should not exist!"

FIGHT the quest for Season 2 - spare us the trash!!

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:49 am

ReddawgKnight wrote:i agree with KOPP
Me 2 :!:

hamish_macbeth
Volunteer

Post by hamish_macbeth » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:42 pm

i 3rd that -black the only colour for a trans am :D

Reissuleipa
Rookie

Post by Reissuleipa » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:16 pm

Couldn't agree more with you guys!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:57 pm

Sticking with predictions for the year:

We've heard the season 2 boxset will come out around March. I predict season 3 will have a shorter release time and will be out before Christmas 2005.

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:37 am

universal have come to realise just how phenominally popular kr is (not an exaggeration folks by the way!) these days, i predict an increase in official collector's merchandise. not just anything and everything no, they wouldn't do that for a twenty year old show, but the adult collector market... i can definitely see universal taking more advantage of that, and happy days i say! :D :D :D
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:22 pm

I'm not as confident as Mike that a studio will definitely take the job this year, but I do believe we'll know for sure whether the movie is going to be put into production before the year is up. That's my rather conservative prediction.

DK

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:02 am

Darknight wrote:I'm not as confident as Mike that a studio will definitely take the job this year, but I do believe we'll know for sure whether the movie is going to be put into production before the year is up.
I sort of think of those events as being the same thing. The movie can't go into production unless a studio steps forward and takes the job. I'm not saying the movie will be MADE this year, simply that it will move to the next step.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:06 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:Sticking with predictions for the year:

We've heard the season 2 boxset will come out around March. I predict season 3 will have a shorter release time and will be out before Christmas 2005.
Yeah i totally agree.Season 2 in March probably and End of 2005 Season 3.Universal should be please to release the seasons out because will make a chunck of money off making these dvd releases for Knight Rider.

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:30 pm

I made the distinction because I'm not sure any studio will actually take it up.
You made the prediction that a studio will take on Knight Rider this year.
I just think we'll know one way or the other this year, but I have no idea which way it will go.

DK

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:47 pm

Newbie, first post, so bear with me:

I'd love to see Season 2 released on DVD this year (March sounds really cool), and I'd REALLY like to see some info on the movie.

Collector merchandise would also be cool. I'd like a season 1-spec KITT, a season 3-spec KITT (with the new cooler dashboard), a season 4-spec KITT that actually transforms into SPM and a 2-tone silver and black season 3-spec KARR, all preferably at 1/18 scale diecast.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:49 pm

Hello Paul, welcome to the boards! I hope you enjoy posting here.

Regarding the 1:18 KITT that you mentioned, its already released to the public. You can find them in ebay or other online stores. Your local hobby store may also carry them (such as Wal-Mart, Toys-R-Us, etc.).

A transforming SPM KITT may not be feasible for a toy manufacturer such as ERTL. The production cost would definitely be staggering. But a fixed SPM may ba a possibility.

A 1:18 KARR replica is also in the market, made by Aoshima but originating from ERTL molds. It is available in ebay only with a very high asking bid price but its rarity really justifies its price. On the other hand, ERTL will also be manufacturing KARR but this will be several months down the road. Check out the other topic threads in this message board regarding the ERTL/Aoshima KITTs and KARRs.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:50 pm

I hope 2005 will mean no bad news will be publicly reported about David Hasselhoff; he's been thruogh too much already!
I hope for the best in 2005, and hopefully the second season DVD will feature some good stuff, including another commentary by D. Hasselhoff and Glen Larson. One can only hope....
I've been a "Knight Rider" fan since 1983....

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:57 am

I say two more seasons on DVD, probably another music CD release. Hopefully not another Davilex video game. :) And some progress on the movie would be nice. Maybe a rerelease of the Kenner car, but that's just wishful thinking.

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:49 am

Lyn wrote:I hope 2005 will mean no bad news will be publicly reported about David Hasselhoff; he's been thruogh too much already!
I hope for the best in 2005, and hopefully the second season DVD will feature some good stuff, including another commentary by D. Hasselhoff and Glen Larson. One can only hope....
I've been a "Knight Rider" fan since 1983....
i agree with you on that one lyn, david has had a terrible time in the last few years, but the end of 2004 saw him on a high i personally think. let's hope that continues for him, he deserves it! :)
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:18 pm

Speaking of likes for 2005 and KR, I'd like to see Patricia MacPherson win her fight to save Ballona and declare an interest in playing a large role in the new movie. Continuing on, I'd also like to see a KR game for Gamecube, and a re-release of KR lunchboxes...I'd be the envy of everyone at the university :lol:

Keep it light, keep it real, keep it KR...

DK

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:41 am

Darknight wrote:...I'd also like to see a KR game for Gamecube...
as a very proud owner of a gamecube i have to say that even if one of the davilex games was released on my beloved console, and even though nintendo and knight rider are my two top passions (hence the name lol!) i still wouldn't buy it. i'd refuse to give any money to davilex for producing such a lazy waste of the kr licence. :(

so even if it did come out (and i can't see it, it hasn't sold well) the only way my two hobbies will come together for me will be the continuing sposorship of kr by nintendo :D

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:46 am

Slightly OT, but do you find the steering controls on Mario Kart: Double Dash just a bit touchy?

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:26 am

i love the controls on MK:DD, took a while to get used to i have to say and it still all depends on which kart you go for, which one uv practiced the most on i guess. my personal fave is DK's kart, with DK and red koopa trooper lol! once you get the hang of the slide controls for the corner boosts the extra depth it gives the game is brilliant!

here matey, iv added you to my msn list if ya ever wana chat ninty :D

Riggers
Volunteer

Post by Riggers » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:20 pm

knightendo wrote:i love the controls on MK:DD, took a while to get used to i have to say and it still all depends on which kart you go for, which one uv practiced the most on i guess. my personal fave is DK's kart, with DK and red koopa trooper lol!
No way, Toad all the way! :D

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:04 pm

Riggers wrote:
knightendo wrote:i love the controls on MK:DD, took a while to get used to i have to say and it still all depends on which kart you go for, which one uv practiced the most on i guess. my personal fave is DK's kart, with DK and red koopa trooper lol!
No way, Toad all the way! :D
well, he does have the best sound effect when u go beserk wih his weapon lol!