Beware of BK Automotive

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Girl
Operative

Beware of BK Automotive

Post by Knight Girl » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:53 pm

I would like to take a little time and tell the good folks here to be AWARE of BK Automotive in Houston Texas . They are a company that builds Star cars and Kitt is their most popular conversion.They have been dishonest and have taken advantage of innocent customers especially foreign ones. One member here was taken advantage of big time. He paid up front in full for a nice looking Kitt and it has been one year later and BK has not even finished the car.I personally went to BK Automotive and has seen the car. It looks like it belongs in a junkyard. Please, if you are thinking about getting a company to do a Kitt conversion for you Think twice before you decide BK Automotive. Most likely you will lose your money and end up with no or junkyard looking car. I want this word to spread so other innocent people will not get taken advantage of.

Knight Girl

Knight Girl
Last edited by Knight Girl on Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:14 pm

I have no direct info on BK Auto, but some people at Knight Registries had good things to say about them:

http://knightregistries.com/ipw-web/bul ... automotive

Also some bad as well...
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:31 pm

I do not know if he ripped anyone else off but I do know for a fact he ripped off this one customer's money and hasn't done a darn thing to the car in a year(ok..maybe the interior) I have photos to prove it. It just makes me mad that someone spends money for a dream car and it becomes a nightmare. I just want to make people aware that did happen.

Knight Girl

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:35 pm

Can you post the pics here Knight Girl? So that we'll all know the car's condition so that we may judge BK Automotive accordingly. And just how much did the owner spend for his car? I'm sure a lot of members here (specially those who have plans on making a KITT replica) would like to know the details. And did BK Automotive offer any explanation regarding this transaction?

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:50 pm

Let me ask permission first from the customer but I'm sure it will be no problem. Maybe he can come here(he is a member) and tell his story. I don't want to disclose any info without talking to him first. I will post tomorrow the pics if he agrees.

Knight Girl

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:21 am

Sounds good, Knight Girl. It is better if he himself tells his story. And perhaps if BK Automotive were to respond to the allegations, so much the better.

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:28 am

Knight Girl, How much did he pay BK to build the car?

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:01 am

I have to dissagree with this thread, Knights Of England use BK as a main supplier, not every company is perfect... but i think its a little wrong to go on a rampage like that.

Nick

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:12 am

Well, Now that Rob Louisell has been given the OFFICIAL license from Universal to produce Knight Rider parts, BK won't be supplying anybody with anything Knight Rider related. All US conversion companies were issued "cease and desist" orders by Universal. If Universal finds that they are still producing parts, the WILL prosecute them! They are also within their legal rights to go in with federal marshals and take their molds. I have heard that they are not playing around. It may take a little while to get everybody, but the hammer is going to drop.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:59 am

I can't really argue against this thread. Someone had an experience, and wants to warn the people so that they don't have a similiar mistake. There is nothing wrong with that. However this is also someone elses car that we are talking about, and someone who "supposedly" (cause I don't know the person personally) purchased a car and got ripped off. If that person wants to come here and voice their opinion, it should be in their rights to do so.

The individual who's car this is contacted me privately recently about this, and he understandably fears that if he publicly talks bad about the company that he will never see the car. Perhaps we should leave the posting of pictures and testimonials to him, because I don't want this to affect his replica order, anymore than has been done. But what is someone to do in this case? Just sit in a corner quietly and hope that he sees a return on his financial investment? It doesn't seem right..

As you can see, this is one persons unfortunate experience with them. If you read this thread and the other one linked, you'll see others who have had pleasurable experiences with them. I don't know the people at BK, for all I know this is an isolated incident, but it isn't my place to censor peoples calm warnings. The purpose of this thread is one of caution not rampage.

Other companies have reached agreements with Universal and are proceeding with business as usual, so don't count out BK or any of the other conversion companies just yet.

K.I.T.T 82
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T 82 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:09 pm

Hello Everybody,
I'm the buyer of this car... I will write the story later. Neps, you can keep the post, it's too late now, the seller knows, and doesn't want to cooperate... For Information the car was paid $13.000. But the value is about $1000, because nothing was done on the car...
The car is really in bad condition, and the seller NEVER send me any picture of the car in 1 year of wait.

For $13,000 I was suppose to get a nice Kitt (minus the dashboard), and now the seller keeps wanting money to complete it. I paid him all up front.
And he said it would be completed in 4 weeks and now it is more than one year later.

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:33 pm

This post was never intended as a rampage. I'm just trying to help a friend out that was ripped off and I don't want to see that happening to other folks. Maybe it hasn't happened to others but I don't want it happening again. He can tell his story and let ya'll be the judge. Again, I am only trying to protect others who might want to buy.

Knight Girl

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:17 pm

Hi KITT82,

Did you receive any receipts for the work that is to be carried out on your KITT conversion? If so, then i would threaten legal action against this company.

Blatantly ignoring your correspondance to them for anything longer than a couple of months is quite un-acceptable for any business.

So my advice would be to research and investigate the paths that you can take to threaten legal action. I would thoroughly take a look at the policies relating to "fair trading" within the United States and also France, there has to be a clause in there that will help your case. Once you have collected all the facts [and i do hope that you have kept at least a hard copy of the emails that you have sent to BK Automotive], threaten them with legal action and be persistant about it!!. I've always said that "Persistance pays off..".

Best of luck from me, and i hope everyone who reads about your dilema.

Regards
Adam

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:02 am

Well take alook at this,I guess he's looking for another victim :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 47595&rd=1
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

knightrider2004
Operative

Post by knightrider2004 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:52 am

his starsky torino is incorrect another reason not 2 buy from him.
Michael wouldnt one woman be sufficient?

-K.I.T.T., Trust Doesent Rust

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:59 am

the guy's feedback isn't that great either. the negs he has seem reputable too from other dealers.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TashaKnight
Rookie

Post by TashaKnight » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:14 pm

I am also an A-Team fan, and last I remembered the van was black with a red stripe, not gray&black with a red stripe

From his feedback quotes:

Good Communications and Fast Payer! AAA+++++THANKS
Seller detectivebrent.com ( 99Feedback score is 50 to 99) Oct-20-04 12:28 2491562726
Follow-up by detectivebrent.com: This guy's check bounced!! Offers lame excuses!! Do NOT deal with!! Oct-29-04 07:40
Reply by bkautomotive: We made good on the check, things beyond our control. He was paid, email verify. Dec-08-04 19:06

Fast payment, great communication, fast and friendly emails.
Seller partsunlimited ( 6130Feedback score is 5,000 to 9,999) Oct-18-04 14:09 Private
Follow-up by partsunlimited: NEG THERE BUSINESS CHECK BOUNCED AND THEY REFUSE TO MAKE GOOD ON IT Oct-28-04 12:06
Reply by bkautomotive: He was paid. I have money order reciepts to prove it. We never recieved the part Nov-09-04 09:16

Very prompt and courteous buyer, great to deal with,!
Seller partsunlimited ( 6130Feedback score is 5,000 to 9,999) Oct-18-04 14:09 Private
Follow-up by partsunlimited: NEVER PAID FOR THIS ITEM DO NOT TRUST SHOULD BE 2 NEGS Oct-28-04 12:09
Reply by bkautomotive: He was paid. I have money order reciepts to prove it. We never recieved the part Nov-09-04 09:17

Never Received Dash Pad ,Nothing Like Getting Your Chain Pulled For Month's.
Buyer bendervision
( 135Feedback score is 100 to 499) May-04-04 21:31 2454017574
Reply by bkautomotive: It was sent with 2 other parts. I have tracking number. the package was refused. Nov-30-04 19:02
his guy did not send payment and i waited a month and a half on my Cadillac
Seller carnetauctions ( 795Feedback score is 500 to 999) Dec-10-02 09:50

SOLD ME GLUED UP, TAPED UP, CUT UP JUNK! HE SAID THE PARTS WERE MINT LIKE NEW
Buyer spins ( 182Feedback score is 100 to 499) Oct-26-02 14:21 1855104382
Reply by bkautomotive: Part was new. Underside was repaired, but not able to be seen, READ AUCTION!! Dec-03-04 21:03

Nothing but lies , gave him every chance in the world . JUST CAN`T TRUST HIM .
Seller giantdevils ( 245Feedback score is 100 to 499) Sep-21-02 20:29 1845915421

told me part was new + never used as it was NOT- gives no refund BEWARE
Buyer aramair ( 31Feedback score is 10 to 49) Aug-21-02 07:36 1845392936
Reply by bkautomotive: He misread the description, could have returned item for refund. Dec-03-04 21:03

Seller refused to sell the at the aution price. The seller demaned $100.00 more
Buyer sheryre ( 93Feedback score is 50 to 99) Jul-28-02
07:33 1843260145
Reply by bkautomotive: He asked me to deliver, I said yes for $100. Deadbeat bidder. BEWARE!! Dec-03-04 21:02

I have noticed that most of his replies are in Dec......
Last edited by TashaKnight on Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:30 pm

[quote="TashaKnight"]I am also an A-Team fan, and last I remembered the van was black with a red stripe, not gray&black with a red stripe
quote]
actually, you are wrong on this one. the a-team van was black on the bottom and charcoal/dark sliver on anything above the red stripe. :wink:

TashaKnight
Rookie

Post by TashaKnight » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:54 pm

pewter 02ws6 wrote:
TashaKnight wrote:I am also an A-Team fan, and last I remembered the van was black with a red stripe, not gray&black with a red stripe
quote]
actually, you are wrong on this one. the a-team van was black on the bottom and charcoal/dark sliver on anything above the red stripe. :wink:
http://www.ateamshrine.co.uk/gallery/image16.jpg
http://www.ateamshrine.co.uk/gallery/image40.jpg
http://www.ateamshrine.co.uk/gallery/image70.jpg
http://www.ateamshrine.co.uk/gallery/image12.jpg

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:41 pm

TashaKnight wrote:
pewter 02ws6 wrote:
TashaKnight wrote:I am also an A-Team fan, and last I remembered the van was black with a red stripe, not gray&black with a red stripe
quote]
http://www.ateamshrine.co.uk/gallery/image16.jpg
http://www.ateamshrine.co.uk/gallery/image40.jpg
http://www.ateamshrine.co.uk/gallery/image70.jpg
http://www.ateamshrine.co.uk/gallery/image12.jpg
Yeap,

Looks black and dark gray to me. It has always been two
toned with the red breaking up the colors. Maybe your TV
was a bit dark to notice when it was on. The color in TV's
now a days is far superior than the 80's.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

GB
Recruit

Post by GB » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:43 pm

I agree with Pewter and KnightDriver, the van was black and gray above the red stripe, in fact you can see that in the last link you posted.
Guillaume - Pontiac Trans AM 1984

TashaKnight
Rookie

Post by TashaKnight » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:01 pm

How about we just agree to disagree on this one...

EDIT: Hmmm. To spite me seeing it as black, yes you are right acording to this site: http://www.geocities.com/phogenstein/Van-Info.html
The main color is semi-gloss black-bottom, semi-gloss dark gun metal grey metal flake top with red striping.

K.I.T.T 82
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T 82 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:59 am

I'm really happy you both agree with your color trouble :?
But that was not my first trouble :roll:
I think I will release my story soon. I'm still waiting a little, and you'll see, that BK Automotive is a real thief... for foreign customers

TashaKnight
Rookie

Post by TashaKnight » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:55 am

I have noticed that. That is why I went thru his feedback to see what was said. I am so sorry that this has happened to you.

K.I.T.T 82
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T 82 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:54 am

You can check the pictures, here is the link:
http://knightriderta.monsite.wanadoo.fr/page1.html

The car is not drivable, has no title, and has the incorrect 15" rims, I should have the 15" knight rider rims...and paid for that.
Last edited by K.I.T.T 82 on Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.