1/18 Die Cast KITT Coming In December

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Dave Knight » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:03 pm

i got mine as well the scanner effect is pretty darn cool. and as for you kywolverine708 the 69 charger which the general lee is based on is a BIGGER car than the 82-92 firebird/trans am which kitt is based on :wink:
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:20 pm

Dec 16, 2004
8:20 A.M. BROOKLYN, NY, US OUT FOR DELIVERY
3:00 A.M. BROOKLYN, NY, US OUT FOR DELIVERY

I just hope it comes okay. It hasn't come yet and I am waiting anxiously. :? Nice to see that fellow KRO'ers have recieved their model from this guy. :D
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:40 pm

Anyone here know how many batteries it takes to get the scanner to work?

What type or batteries do I need for the car?

Are the batteries included?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:45 pm

The car requires 4 - LR44 size batteries which ARE included with the car.

KNIGHTBOY
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHTBOY » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:10 pm

Hi all, I'm new here and just got the car myself from diecastmuscle. I have to say I'm really impressed overall, but the front end really bugs me. It hardly slopes down at all, and is way too short and high! The car looks good from above, but from ground level it's kinda goofy.

I haven't heard anyone complain about how soft all the edges are either (like there's way too many layers of thick paint). Especially the front nose. Oh well, it's still the coolest KITT model that's ever been produced. I'm happy. :)

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:01 pm

Mine just came 5minutes ago. When I went to sign for it I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Im so happy! :D :D 8)
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:36 pm

Mine just arrived as well. I can say I'm a happy customer. I left the guy positive feedback. It's a shame that other people on the board were having problems with this seller (diecastmart), but I'm happy to say my item arrived on the scheduled date and is in great condition. It's very different actually having the model in person as opposed to looking at the countless pictures posted by other members. The lighting effect isn't quite 100% accurate with its flow but I don't care! It's still pretty damn cool and is very satisfying and is damn close to accuracy. Hopefully my K.A.R.R. won't be too much longer!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KNIGHTBOY
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHTBOY » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:50 pm

I've seen people's suggestions for fixing the fog lights and hubcaps, but what about the seats? Can they just be unscrewed and glued down further back? And then what do you do about the passenger ejection seat?

Somehow, with the seats so far forward, it makes the car look shorter than it really is.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:54 pm

Im not a big fan of the scanner as well. But It's pretty damn good. :!: The Ejector seat is awesome. The wheels are so cool. Now I just got to buy KARR!
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:14 pm

KNIGHTBOY wrote:Hi all, I'm new here and just got the car myself from diecastmuscle. I have to say I'm really impressed overall, but the front end really bugs me. It hardly slopes down at all, and is way too short and high! The car looks good from above, but from ground level it's kinda goofy.
If you look back in this thread a little bit, I've pointed this out as well. It doesn't look quite right from a side view, you are correct, but I personally believe the reason the nose was trimmed shorter on the bottom was to provide better access to the grappling hook underneath. Think of how much more difficult it would be to grab it from underneath if the nose was leveled with the rest of the car. With the nose as short as it is, you don't necessarily have to lift the car up to get it out.

I used the ejector seat once and it worked pretty cool. The interior parts are fragile and I think should be barely used if at all. I am leaving the ejector seat and grappling hook the hell alone and I strongly recommend all of you do the same. In fact I'm not even going to try out the hook even once. It may be tempting to try these different features out, but they are very fragile and the more they are used, the more likely they are to break. Handle with care!!

The only modifications I'm doing to this car are probably the exact same that HondaSiR did by painting the rims, fender vents and possibly adding turn signal blackouts. Modifications or no modifications, I think this model is pretty damn awesome! :D As for the paint job, I'm very happy with it. The shinier the better. It gives it more of the Molecular Bonded Shell look!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:36 pm

a note about the t-tops, they can be held on, just apply a bit of pressure by finger to clip them into place in the slots on the car...it does work.

the grappling hook, i am surprised this was broke by someone, u can feel the tension right away, which tells you to stop :D

it does go in on it's own...i only got maybe a quarter, if that, out though.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KNIGHTBOY
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHTBOY » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:44 pm

Lost Knight wrote: If you look back in this thread a little bit, I've pointed this out as well. It doesn't look quite right from a side view, you are correct, but I personally believe the reason the nose was trimmed shorter on the bottom was to provide better access to the grappling hook underneath.
I sure HOPE that's not the reason they changed it. If it's just an error on the part of the artist, I can accept it, but the way the nose hung really low in the front is what made the car look so badass to begin with.

Oh well. I do have one of those old 1:16 Firebird kits which I can modify into a more accurate KITT... someday. :)

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:34 pm

WoooHooo!! It appears that everybody (well, almost everybody if I'm mistaken) has gotten their KITTs! And we're still a good week away from Christmas...this is good!

Now handle your models with care everyone, don't be too excited. Don't drop it! If you're all gonna do some modifications, do it carefully, with planning. Paint the rims with patience and care. If you get paint on surfaces that you don't want painted, just get a small needle, wrap some cotton on it, dip in thinner and wipe it off. Don't get thinner on the tires, that's a no-no.

Modifications or no modifications, the model looks great. Not perfect, but cool enough. Of all Knight Rider KITT toys, this is perhaps the best of them all. :D

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:21 am

I haven't got one yet. I'm waiting until after Christmas to do it.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:27 am

KNIGHTBOY wrote:I've seen people's suggestions for fixing the fog lights and hubcaps, but what about the seats? Can they just be unscrewed and glued down further back? And then what do you do about the passenger ejection seat?
It's not a good idea to try and remove the driver's seat, it will leave an ugly scar on the floor. You will need to refinish and repaint the floor surface if you decide to move the seat back. And the passenger ejection seat? That would be impossible to relocate IMHO.
CB2001 wrote:I haven't got one yet. I'm waiting until after Christmas to do it.
Hang in there CB2001, sooner or later, the stores would probably have them in stock. I would expect that by the end of December or early January, everybody would have their copy.
KNIGHTBOY wrote:I do have one of those old 1:16 Firebird kits which I can modify into a more accurate KITT... someday. :)
Check out some pics of my 1982 1:24 scale Monogram Trans Am. If you build your Firebird as a stock model, this is probably what it will look like (although mine is a hard-top)

kywolverine708
Recruit

Post by kywolverine708 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:21 am

Lost Knight wrote:
KNIGHTBOY wrote:Hi all, I'm new here and just got the car myself from diecastmuscle. I have to say I'm really impressed overall, but the front end really bugs me. It hardly slopes down at all, and is way too short and high! The car looks good from above, but from ground level it's kinda goofy.
If you look back in this thread a little bit, I've pointed this out as well. It doesn't look quite right from a side view, you are correct, but I personally believe the reason the nose was trimmed shorter on the bottom was to provide better access to the grappling hook underneath. Think of how much more difficult it would be to grab it from underneath if the nose was leveled with the rest of the car. With the nose as short as it is, you don't necessarily have to lift the car up to get it out.

I used the ejector seat once and it worked pretty cool. The interior parts are fragile and I think should be barely used if at all. I am leaving the ejector seat and grappling hook the hell alone and I strongly recommend all of you do the same. In fact I'm not even going to try out the hook even once. It may be tempting to try these different features out, but they are very fragile and the more they are used, the more likely they are to break. Handle with care!!

The only modifications I'm doing to this car are probably the exact same that HondaSiR did by painting the rims, fender vents and possibly adding turn signal blackouts. Modifications or no modifications, I think this model is pretty damn awesome! :D As for the paint job, I'm very happy with it. The shinier the better. It gives it more of the Molecular Bonded Shell look!
I took your advice before you gave it, when I got mine monday, i just took the ttops out. I dont trust the interior it does look fragile and the grappling hook and ejector seat mean nothing to me. I just wished they made the ttops where they would snap into place, but i guess that would be something else to break LOL.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:58 am

like i said, they do go into place, just apply a bit of finger pressure to put the tops into the little slots provided on the roof section.

they do stick as long as you do this.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kywolverine708
Recruit

Post by kywolverine708 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:25 am

Skav wrote:like i said, they do go into place, just apply a bit of finger pressure to put the tops into the little slots provided on the roof section.

they do stick as long as you do this.
Thanks skave, Ill try it when I get home.

KNIGHTBOY
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHTBOY » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:39 pm

HondaSiR wrote:
KNIGHTBOY wrote: I do have one of those old 1:16 Firebird kits which I can modify into a more accurate KITT... someday. :)
Check out some pics of my 1982 1:24 scale Monogram Trans Am. If you build your Firebird as a stock model, this is probably what it will look like (although mine is a hard-top)
Thanks for the pix! Yeah the 1:18 model is a hard-top too unfortunately (despite what the box says!), but all I should have to do is cut it off and make a clear mold of it. And the dashboard should be quite a challenge too. But it'll have to wait til I finish my 1:18 movie-accurate Hot Rod first.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:33 pm

I just got mine today.It has so many cool features but there is one everyone forgot to mention.It has the power to turn you back into a 6 year old who watched the show for ages and never bought any knight rider toys.I love it.The t tops wont fasten enough so i tried the line of tape that looked weird so i left it alone.The grappling hook has like 2 lengths 1 jumble goes realy quickly back the other i never tried going that far and won't.I loved the scanner and interior.I'm going to hide something in the trunk no one will ever find.I'm almost positive one of the realy old multi pausible small figurines can fit in there unfortunatly my mom threw all my toys out years back.I tried the ejection seat but it kept pushing forward.I did get mine with accelerator clutch and brake.I love it so much.I have to get one of those plastic cases so it doesnt accumulate more dust.The thing attracts dust particles more then a vaccum.I think I'll use an aresol can to get most of it off before i get the plastic case.I unscrewed kitt from the stand and kept it off.He will remain in his box until further notice.The whole time at work I was thinking kitts waiting on my desk at home.It gave me a great insentive to rush home from work.

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Got it!

Post by corlando52 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:27 pm

Well, I got my KITT today! I ordered it from Diecastmusclecars.com. I called them last Friday, they shipped it Monday and here it is on Friday. What a great business!
I love this. The paint job on mine is beautiful. Yes, the nose isn't right, but close enough for the price. The only modification I might try is making the turn signal covers. I'm going to cut them out of windshield tint. It's really thin and will stick on without damaging the original finish.

Chris

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:54 pm

KNIGHTBOY wrote:Thanks for the pix! Yeah the 1:18 model is a hard-top too unfortunately (despite what the box says!), but all I should have to do is cut it off and make a clear mold of it. And the dashboard should be quite a challenge too. But it'll have to wait til I finish my 1:18 movie-accurate Hot Rod first.
Yeah, I always wondered about those MPC 1:16 scale models. The box shows an actual t-top car but the model is actually a hardtop. I have plans on bidding for a 1:16 Revell Firebird, this one is pretty accurate with the t-tops and the trunk does open (the headlights even pop out!). However, they rarely come up on ebay in sealed condition and command prices from $70.00 to $100.00. ***Sigh*** Oh well...

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:33 pm

HondaSIR wrote:
CB2001 wrote:I haven't got one yet. I'm waiting until after Christmas to do it.
Hang in there CB2001, sooner or later, the stores would probably have them in stock. I would expect that by the end of December or early January, everybody would have their copy.
I hope so. I waited for the 1/24 scale KITT to appear in stores down here. I didn't have much luck.

HondaSIR wrote:Check out some pics of my 1982 1:24 scale Monogram Trans Am. If you build your Firebird as a stock model, this is probably what it will look like (although mine is a hard-top)

Those are some pretty good pics, better yet, a pretty good model. Is that one of the older Monogram models or is that a rerelease? I've been wondering if AMT/ERTL or Revell Monogram had plans on releasing any of the '82-'85 Trans-Am models. Better yet, that's a pretty good question I should ask one of those car model magazines I buy.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:35 pm

To MrPayner and everone else who have the Aoshima 1:18 KITT, can u guys confirm if the Aoshima version has the Pontiac/"arrowhead" logo in the center of each hubcap?

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:40 pm

I got mine this week too. Very cool!! Kitt looks neat by my 1/18 herbie

Knight Girl