1/18 Die Cast KITT Coming In December

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by imranbecks » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:45 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
imranbecks wrote:I'm really not happy abt the license plates for KITT especially after finding out that Aoshima got theirs done correctly :cry: ... Damn.. And to think now that the sticker on mine is peeling off.... Better make that double sided tape handy then :wink:

Hmmm for those with the Ertl K.I.T.T. I wonder....would it be possible to save a picture of KITT's licence plate on the computer, shrink it down to the size of the model's sticker, then print it out in color? Then neatly cut it out and tape or glue it onto the current sticker for more accuracy?
I was thinking the exact same thing... But I don think it is possible as shrinking it wld make the image blur after printing..

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:53 pm

Thats what I thought and why I asked....making the image that small I wasn't sure if it would be blurred or pixelated.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:03 am

Maybe someone ought to give it a try....

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:00 am

HondaSiR wrote:MrPayner: Thanks for the pic...it appears that Aoshima didn't even go to great lengths to stamp their logo anywhere on the model. It's exactly the same with the ERTL...even the blue serial number is identical!
No problemo.. i couldn't even see that blue serial number until it came up in the photos!

Imran sent me an email an commented about the red RX-8 in the background.. I therefore now have pics of all my other models in Yahoo! Photos [click linky below] ;) On a side note, I recently got to test drive a Mazda RX-8.. It was beautiful! I am currently now saving for one. :D

AP

kywolverine708
Recruit

Post by kywolverine708 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:54 am

pewter 02ws6

I have had my preorder with http://www.diescastmuscle.com since 08/20/2004, he just changed the site listing for the car. Which tells me they have them in stock I have already sent them an Email and plan on calling them today. To see when they will ship me the car. Cause all of you are getting me worried about even if i will recieve it LOL :D

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:09 am

the reg plate's innacurate shade of blue is not worth bothering about, IMO.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:59 am

imranbecks wrote:
You planning on getting the model?
Thanks a lot for the quick reply Imranbecks. Yeah, I've already ordered the ERTL off eBay and am now waiting for delivery. I took advantage of that link that someone posted which had the $25 buy it now option. Should be here soon :D

aznblitz
Volunteer

Hey got a quick question.....

Post by aznblitz » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:24 am

Has anyone recieved the knight rider diecast yet from an online ebay seller??? The reason im asking is i am located in Toronto Canada and i was going to be visiting my relitives down in Ohio this year for christmas and i wanted to purchase the item off of ebay and then go pick it up down in the states....

So the question here is do the people on ebay really have the item in stock? and ready to ship?

i cant wait any longer lolz

greenpoison
Volunteer

Re: Hey got a quick question.....

Post by greenpoison » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:16 pm

aznblitz wrote:Has anyone recieved the knight rider diecast yet from an online ebay seller??? The reason im asking is i am located in Toronto Canada and i was going to be visiting my relitives down in Ohio this year for christmas and i wanted to purchase the item off of ebay and then go pick it up down in the states....

So the question here is do the people on ebay really have the item in stock? and ready to ship?

i cant wait any longer lolz
Hi, think they have them, because i have received finally my Aoshima KARR today from a ebay reseller (from Singapore). :D :D :D Now i am awaiting my KITT :roll: Maybe he would come to the end of this week :roll: I hope so!

MischievousJoe
Recruit

Post by MischievousJoe » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:06 pm

I recieved both KITT and Christine a half hour ago from DiecastDirect.com! :D :D :D

My only qualm with KITT is the T-Tops. They're too loose. They should just snap into place and stay there, but one little touch of them and they come off.

P.S. I just noticed that Joyride's site finally updated to include KITT and Christine. With Christine it says "Buy It Now". With KITT it merely says "Available in November"

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:57 pm

kywolverine708 wrote:pewter 02ws6

I have had my preorder with http://www.diescastmuscle.com since 08/20/2004, he just changed the site listing for the car. Which tells me they have them in stock I have already sent them an Email and plan on calling them today. To see when they will ship me the car. Cause all of you are getting me worried about even if i will recieve it LOL :D
don't worry,as soon as they have them in it will be shipped out instantly and you'll receive a UPS tracking # in your email.don't get confused as it will show that it is from "MTR Enterprises".
i can't stress it enough how great this place is to deal with.they don't screw around! you order and they will get it to you ASAP. if you receive your item and there is flaw from the factory,you give them a call to let them know.you send the product back and they will have a new one to your door within days plus reimburse you of the shipping fees to send the item back to them. all with no hassle!!! whatever you do, DO NOT ORDER FROM http://www.diecastcars.tv . i ordered 2 cars from them on 11/23 and paid by paypal as there is no waiting to confirm the order with the credit card company. it is now 12/10 and i still don't have my fuggin cars. :x
after 3 days they said there was an error with my order and i had to resend it. it still has been 2 weeks since i replaced my order and still no cars. i am also waiting to hear back from them after sending a semi nasty email. this just all falls back to http://www.diecastmuscle.com . these guys have their chit together and have convinced me never to try and save a few $$$ again by going elsewhere. they may not be the cheapest for certain cars but overall, their prices are still competitive if not better than most online retailers.

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:05 am

the guy who is selling the kitts for 24.99 on ebay has tons of em with the buy it now price mentioned above he charges 10 buck shipping and they will arrive a week after payment is recived. i sent payment via paypay on the 6th and i will be recieving my KITT on the 13th.

24.99 KITTs on Ebay :wink:
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

kywolverine708
Recruit

Post by kywolverine708 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:17 am

I just got an email from DIECASTMUSCLECARS.COM, they said they had shipped my car wednesday. That is cool i cant wait to see this in my hands all of your pics look great. Pics are one thing seeing close up is another.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:15 am

just made a private deal with someone who was selling it on ebay and got it for JUST 19.50!!!!! :)
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:44 am

I bought the car on ebay with buy it now and I think the guy has email problems.I emailed him once asking if you recieved my previous emails he said what did the say?I t took me 2 days to get that.

Anyone else recieveing the same treatment from him?

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:46 am

Skav wrote:just made a private deal with someone who was selling it on ebay and got it for JUST 19.50!!!!! :)
What do you mean? You're going to send him money without the bidding process? How will you know he will send you the car after receiving your money? I'd be careful Skav...ebay won't help you recover your payment in case the seller runs out on you.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:51 am

Knight Racer wrote:I bought the car on ebay with buy it now and I think the guy has email problems.I emailed him once asking if you recieved my previous emails he said what did the say?I t took me 2 days to get that.

Anyone else recieveing the same treatment from him?
What is the seller's name? My email account is from Yahoo, and in my two years of buyings things from ebay, no seller has ever said that he didn't receive my mails. Sounds like a shady seller we have here, be careful everyone. As a precaution, email the seller first before bidding or using the buy-it-now option.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:51 am

HondaSir, yeah I did that. the guy has a reputable feedback record so i put my trust in him with this private sale.

ebay is based on trust as a whole anyway, even though this has nothing to do with the actual site.

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:43 am

i decided to buy one for 24.99 on ebay by buy it now hoping to receive it sooner than my preorder. i paid instantly by paypal a week ago and i received a tracking # a day later. when i go to check the shipping detail,it's telling me that the billing information was received but the package actually hasn't been sent or picked up by UPS. this just pisses me off. don't say it will be shipped within 24 hours after payment is received if you are not going to ship it. it also gets me that the guy will automatically gives you a tracking # to make it look like he is living up to his word but in reality it is a computer generated tracking # which can be obtained before anyone actually ships the product. maybe i am just too spoiled by my dealings with other retailers that get things done immeadiately.

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:58 am

Skav wrote:HondaSir, yeah I did that. the guy has a reputable feedback record so i put my trust in him with this private sale.

ebay is based on trust as a whole anyway, even though this has nothing to do with the actual site.
skav,i agree with you on this one. although you don't have a leg to stand on through ebay,you can pay by paypal and they will back you if the person doesn't follow through on their half of a deal. i don't have faith in ebay for helping thier customers anyways. i am currently having a problem with a guy trying to get more money out of me for an auction. i won an item for $19.01 the seller then tells me i must send him $58 because there ws a reserve that he had listed in the shipping details in the auction listing when there was none set through ebay. well it has been over a month and about 20 emails to ebay and i still have yet to hear from them telling me what they plan to do about this matter.
i have saved probably well over $1000 by purchasing things from ebay members through "non auction" i usually catch something that is a rare item that the seller doesn't have a clue what it is actually worth judging by the way they have it listed. i email them asking if they would end the auction early for a set price and they usually agree.plus it saves them from paying the ebay listing and final value fees. i can't say it is the right thing to do but i have more a lot more money in my pocket from doing so.
i always review the sellers feedback before doing this.if their feedback is less than 98% and under 100 total feedbacks, i wait and bid on the auction instead of trying to save a few bucks. the risk of getting hosed is always there reguardless if it is through ebay or not. you just have to be smart about how you go about buying.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:47 am

Well good luck guys. I hope that your "under the table" dealings in ebay will have positive results. As for me, I really don't mind paying the extra money when going through the auction process. It buys peace of mind. While I agree that ebay is based on trust between strangers, it is also a breeding ground for greed. But I am sure that honest sellers still outweigh the dishonest ones.

Damn, if the model hadn't been hard to locate, then none of us would have bought it online. The market should be flooded with it by now and found in every toy store around the world. What is happening? Why is it so darn hard to find the model?

greenpoison
Volunteer

Post by greenpoison » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:55 am

To all Aoshima KITT & KARR diecast owner's!!!
Today i had a good idea how to take the white GoodYear lettering away! At first i have take a simple rubber and tried to rub this letters away... and it works! :)
But it wasn't easy... it took about 30 minutes for 2 tires :?
Then i had a much better idea... i have looked inside the wheels and there was no lettering on there! So i have tried to turn the tires around,
it was a little bit tricky but this was the best result! :D :D :D
I would post some pics, but i don't know how :roll:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:16 pm

greenpoison, how did you manage to turn the tyres around?

i take it the wheels are joined to the main body by a thin plastic piece...would be pretty easy to tear the wheel off.

so i'm amazed you managed it. :D

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:21 pm

Has anyone order Kitt from http://www.modelcarsdirect.co.uk ???

Money was taken for mine last Saturday, I e mailed them they said

"We exspected stock any day now"

It is friday now and still no Kitt :cry:

I am getting a bit worried now seeing as money has been taken for it!

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Thanks!

Post by corlando52 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:14 pm

this online retailer now has them in stock
http://www.diecastmusclecars.com/
I want to offer a big THANK YOU! To Pewter for turning me on to this link. They DO indeed have the KITTs and are receiving another shipment. They are shipping mine to me on Monday.
YAY!
:kittspin: