Question about the Knight Rider Movie

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider movie is a go!

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:11 am

New procedure: Update the site, then come tell us, so we can come see!

Don't make me pout again.... [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

BlazeFox
Rookie

Post by BlazeFox » Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:05 pm

Wow! The same guys that did Fast and the Furious? I was wrong about assuming it'd be another made for TV flop. AJ?,oh tell him Chris Morrow said "hiyaz." I guess I'm still gunna go to the Nats since its in August but, July is gunna be AnthroCon.BillyCoyote, DamonCanine, Lonely Cheetah and myself plan to room together. First, Billy picks up Damon, then on the way here they spend the night at my house(my mom has no prob she really likes Billy). Then after that the 3 of us head out to pick up our other roomies. As much as I'd think I'll lose my spark for KR I just can't. I dream KR. And this movie is going to be a really big thing. Hopefully the plots will be very good. And it will start a big rise for KR merchandise,Video/PC Games, spin-offs.

[ March 21, 2002: Message edited by: BlazeFox ]

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:14 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlazeFox:
<STRONG>Wow! The same guys that did Fast and the Furious? I was wrong about assuming it'd be another made for TV flop</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This isn't directed specifically at you Blaze, but people are not reading the articles correctly.

The new Knight Rider Movie is NOT being made by the people who did The Fast and the Furious. That movie was simply mentioned as appealing to the same demographic that Knight Rider would appeal to.

Be careful looking too far into things and making up facts that simply aren't there.

Mike

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:33 pm

Agreed, it is bad enough that the articles are fairly cryptic as it is, creating more things about them is only going to lead to problems. Not to mention, the media outlets will do that for us in no time at all.

knightimmortal

BlazeFox
Rookie

Post by BlazeFox » Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:06 pm

Oh, sorry then I guess I just read the wrong thing. But somewhere I did see that maybe I misunderstood. It is atleast going to be a FILM right? as in to be played in a THEATRE or am I just misunderstanding again? I tend to do that in my own wishfulness. Sorry about editing my post over I've been correcting my punctuation to look better for you all.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:14 pm

You're absolutely right about that part Blaze. As it stands now, Knight Rider will be made into a feature film, meaning you'll have to go to a theater and pay 10 bucks to go see it. I'm sure it will be worth it.

The one disclaimer is that movie productions get closed down all the time over creative differences, going over budget, etc. so there is no absolute guarantee the movie will be completed. But as it stands right now, all systems are go!

Mike

BlazeFox
Rookie

Post by BlazeFox » Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:23 pm

$10? HA! its usually no more than $5 at Ashland Cinnemark to see a movie. But if KR came out in theatres and they charged $30!! to see it you know damn well I would pay every cent to do so.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu Mar 21, 2002 11:49 pm

i put up two more articles about the movie on my site... http://www.dhasselhoff.net

*hope she didn't make KI pout* [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Fri Mar 22, 2002 6:18 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by msKEN:
<STRONG>LOL @ Knightrider_ni

I guess I should have read ALL the post before responding. You and I are in the same boat here as far as Charlies Angles and 80's remakes going. They all end up being jokes or to damn confusiing. Anyone see both Mission Impossable movies? They are the ones that started it all. I have this gut feeling this is gonna be all one big joke compaired to the 80's Knight Rider we grew up with. You guys at this forum seemingly know more about Knight Rider then Hasselhoff did or does.
[img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is exactly the point i wanted to bring up too, which i think i will in a new thread, but i have to say that i'm real glad to see that people on this board actually want a proper movie instead of something which is all effects and no plot. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] just goes to show that us fans of 80s show expect that lil' bit more [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

70Formula
Stranger

Post by 70Formula » Sat Mar 23, 2002 4:33 am

So the IMPORTANT thing here, I feel, is this: What will KITT be?? Will they hop up the old 80's Trans-am? (Which, except for being real cool in the TV shows, was not very 'cool' in real life...the 80's were very bad years for american cars...) OR will they techno-out a brand new Trans Am? (Possibilities are endless!)
Haha, I'd dig it if they used an older Bird somehow, but I don't expect that [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] At any rate, KITT better have the original light bar across the hood! Does anybody have any info about the car??
Also, a bit of firebird-pride thrown in: Notice that both FLAG and the Bandit chose Pontiac for their speed machine...not the Firebird's corporate counterpart!! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

shadow knight
Stranger

Post by shadow knight » Sat Mar 23, 2002 7:46 am

The possibilities are endless with the knight rider movie with a decent budget could do lot's of things.But questions are there .The car question is obvious but other questions are what type of movie will this be Action adventure \scifi / thriller suspense.I'd assume action and what rating do we want here pg .Will there be special effects .Eg CGI for turbo boosts like the jump in gone in 60 seconds.I realise to early to tell but excitement is rife with Impatience.And It's great that the knight rider movie is getting world wide publicity does this prove that kr still lives out there in the hearts of thousands. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Sat Mar 23, 2002 8:32 pm

As it stands now, Knight Rider will be made into a feature film, meaning you'll have to go to a theater and pay 10 bucks to go see it. I'm sure it will be worth it.-Mike

I don't doubt it would be worth it, but where I am it is $8.50 for a night show and $6 during the day(which in my case I would see it at its first premiere anyways)so how do you get $10?(Manhattan charges $10 for its show but that is high)

Richie

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Mar 23, 2002 8:47 pm

Well, it is $9.50 here in Taos, so that is pretty close to $10.00, and that is before the goodies. *sigh*

knightimmortal

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Sat Mar 23, 2002 9:04 pm

geeze, expensive tickets ya'll got there.. I've been able to pay $11 for two night show tickets or $10 for two tickets for a day show.. of course the night show was at student price.. heehee.. nice to have a cheap college id..

Image ~ Kitzira - A wasting time again

Sheedy
Volunteer

Post by Sheedy » Sun Mar 24, 2002 2:15 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 70Formula:
<STRONG>
Also, a bit of firebird-pride thrown in: Notice that both FLAG and the Bandit chose Pontiac for their speed machine...not the Firebird's corporate counterpart!! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That Bandit knew how to do some mk moves !

KRAvenger
Rookie

Post by KRAvenger » Sun Mar 24, 2002 10:07 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightvision:
<STRONG>As it stands now, Knight Rider will be made into a feature film, meaning you'll have to go to a theater and pay 10 bucks to go see it. I'm sure it will be worth it.-Mike

I don't doubt it would be worth it, but where I am it is $8.50 for a night show and $6 during the day(which in my case I would see it at its first premiere anyways)so how do you get $10?(Manhattan charges $10 for its show but that is high)

Richie</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is at least two Years away, and who knows what the price of a movie ticket will be by then?

dragonhawk
Stranger

Post by dragonhawk » Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:33 pm

out of curiosity... would anyone know how someone could send info to these wonderful "movie" people for knight rider... let's just say if someone did a knight 3000 (custom) conversion and just wanted to show those people what can be done... anyone know what to do there?
just wonderin... thanks!

Meccy
Recruit

Post by Meccy » Sun Mar 24, 2002 2:41 pm

One things for sure film will be absolutly quality

March2875
FLAG Recruit

KR picked up by Respectable Movie webbase

Post by March2875 » Sun Mar 24, 2002 7:25 pm

Many of you have talked about IMDB movie database being a movie site based on rumors. Well we now have a respectable movie site behind us. IGN Filmforce. I just found a KR section on their site. Here is the webaddress. http://filmforce.ign.com/moremovies/objects/479710.html

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Sun Mar 24, 2002 7:48 pm

Oh the indignity. That cheesy pic of Hasselhoff giving the thumbs up -- will it never die. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Oh well, nice catch, March.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:12 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dragonhawk:
<STRONG>out of curiosity... would anyone know how someone could send info to these wonderful "movie" people for knight rider... let's just say if someone did a knight 3000 (custom) conversion and just wanted to show those people what can be done... anyone know what to do there?
just wonderin... thanks!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm getting a strange sense of deja vu, somehow.

But, in many cases, legalities prevent studios from necessarily even looking at fan submissions of any type, through the fear that if in any way their future ideas resemble the fans, and the fan decides to sue, they would much rather avoid the lawsuit. And rarely do they buy up the rights for the fan submission because 1) they don't want to spend any more money than they have to. 2) They don't want to deal with the fan's complaints if they have to modify the submission in any way, shape or form to conform to their story lines.

Otherwise, you'll likely have to talk to Revolution Studios, which that info is more in Mike Pajaro's department for the telling if he chooses.

knightimmortal

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:42 am

At least they state right up front about the rumor and unconfirmed information. IMDB used to be the ultimate source for movie info, but they did drop the ball on this one.

Though I do have one problem with their article that says that KITT used to turbo boost 50 feet into the air on voice command. That is the one thing that he nor KARR ever seemed to do: they made sure to get the human to press the button, even if it meant forcing them into it. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Still, a nice find. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:56 am

An interesting add on to this little saga: IMDB hasn't changed their information yet.

knightimmortal

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:08 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
As long as Hasselhoff doesn't sing, it's all good.
LMAO! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:50 am

Ive followed IGN Filmforce regularly for over a year. This KR info just appeared within the last day or two. Prior to that they never mentioned it.

Another piece of interesting information you can get from this site is an idea of how long movies take. For instance The Superman Lives 5 movie. It has been in the script writing stage now for more than a couple years. Warner Bros keeps throwing out the scripts and hiring new writers. So KR could be a long ways away or it could come together quickly and be out next year like Larson predicts according to Richie.