1/18 Die Cast KITT Coming In December

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DanielB
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KB Toys

Post by DanielB » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:23 am

corlando52 wrote:I spoke to someone at the local KB Toys where they also have the General Lee and Monkeemobile. He says they don't get advanced notice of what's on the truck. He's getting a shipment today, but doesn't know if KITT's on it. I'll check back.

Chris
Chris,

According to their website, Exoticar have a branch in NYC. Maybe worth checking it out?

EXOTICAR MODEL GALLERY, New York City, NY
Exoticar Model Gallery
280 Park Avenue & 48th Street
New York, NY 10017
212-573-9537

Store Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 10am - 7pm
Sunday 12pm - 5pm

HTH

Dan

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:28 am

DanielB wrote:
imranbecks wrote:This is all for the release of the ERTL model.... What about Aoshima????? :cry:
Sorry, don't know anything about it. My order is for the ERTL version.
I really hope Aoshima's will be released soon too... I hope by next week... hmmm...

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:04 am

MischievousJoe wrote:
PBH wrote:That's the 1:24 plastic model kit by AMT/Ertl.
That's what I was thinking, even tho the paint job is spotty at best; The car looks good otherwise. :)
Actually, its a 1982 1/25 scale MPC model kit (1st release). It has the front fender vents that is not found on the 2002 AMT/ERTL kit. The owner did a nice job of assembling it, specially the tires, rims and scanner (it has a lighting effect, or the pic could have been enhanced somewhat). He also modified the dashboard so that it doesn't protrude too much towards the passenger compartment (a design flaw of all MPC and AMT/ERTL model kits). It would look nicer if the modeller also somewhat tinted the t-top covers dark black. But all in all, a good job just the same.

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

GPL

Post by corlando52 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:40 pm

Dan,
GPL never responded. So far, no one seems to definately have it. I would think they would make a big deal of it, with a "NOW IN STOCK" type of notification. So, sceptic that I am, I don't think they've been shipped from Ertl yet.

Chris

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:20 pm

It's just another item of stock to a retailer. They wouldn't make any extra provisions for an item like this I doubt. In my experience, only special and limited edition models get treated differently, if at all. This doesn't fit either description...

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Superman

Post by corlando52 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:29 pm

Dan,
OK, well, I've been dealing a lot with Superman items (check out my website at http://www.geocities.com\corlando52 and click on the link at the bottom "My Superman Room") and most of the dealers will announce when an item is in, especially if it's been anticipated for a long time. This way, if they are the first to have it, news spreads and they sell out before anyone else has a chance. But this may be unique to the Superman collectors community.
Bottom line...no one has seen KITT yet...

:cry:

Chris

kywolverine708
Recruit

Take it for what it is worth

Post by kywolverine708 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:19 am

I emailed diecastmusclecars.com who I have had a preorder for the 1/18 K.I.T.T. from since august. He sent me an email today stating that ertl has not released a update of when it will come out the last thing he heard from them was December. He stated he hopes it's before Christmas.
:( :(

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Re: Superman

Post by sarfraz » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:37 am

corlando52 wrote:Dan,
OK, well, I've been dealing a lot with Superman items (check out my website at http://www.geocities.com\corlando52 and click on the link at the bottom "My Superman Room") and most of the dealers will announce when an item is in, especially if it's been anticipated for a long time. This way, if they are the first to have it, news spreads and they sell out before anyone else has a chance. But this may be unique to the Superman collectors community.
Bottom line...no one has seen KITT yet...

:cry:

Chris
...I know what you mean. Hasbro and Takara keep most of the Transformer fans well informed of up-coming releases well before the general public. The problem with KR products like this ERTL car is its a one off. ERTL know theres a demand but its never going to anywhere near as popular as Transformers or Star Wars, which consist of a range of products. Usually though, dealers do tend to highlight KR products when they come in. GPL have links for the KR ERTL car on rotation on the front page but hlj.com has yet to advertise any KR cars.....though they always sell out of them!

btw, thats a massive superman collection. I've got a pile of Batman stuff but no nice display cabinets to put them in :(

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:19 am

The only products you will find a retailer like GPL making an extra fuss over will be eagerly awaited road/sports car releases, signed items, and F1 and Bike Champion's models. I'd be amazed if KITT were treated any differently to the General Lee or Bandit models.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:51 am

Hehe...The ERTL/Aoshima KITT may not be as popular as the Transformers or Star Wars...but that's the beauty of it. Imagine...there will only be a handful of us guys in the world who will become proud owners of the 1/18 KITT. The scarcer the better in the long run...gives us better bragging rights and higher resale value (if you intend to sell it later...I certainly won't sell mine :) )

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:11 pm

Yeah GPL make more fuss on signed cars, but there does seem to be more talk about this KR car from them (reading the GPL catalogue) than say Ecto-1 or the General Lee. I do expect GPL to have a signed version sometime in the near future, they already have signed Corgi KR sets.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

MischievousJoe
Recruit

Post by MischievousJoe » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:52 pm

You know what's interesting? Everyone who's carrying the 1:18 KITT for Pre-Order slates a November release. Everyone but Entertainmentearth.com, they have their release date for January! This is driving me nutso!

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Thanks

Post by corlando52 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:14 pm

btw, thats a massive superman collection. I've got a pile of Batman stuff but no nice display cabinets to put them in
Thanks! I bought the first two curios, ran out of room, and built the other 2. My wife says if I ask for a Knight Rider room, she's kicking me out!

:D
Chris

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:40 pm

All I'm waiting for is for someone to post those wonderful words "I now have it & it doesn't have amber lenses!!!"
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Yes

Post by corlando52 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:54 pm

I think we all are!!!

chris

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:35 am

Found another photo - once again, no lettering on the tyres, but orange fog lights. This website says that it's due on the 29th Nov, which is what my mate at ModelZone told me yesterday.

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:16 am

That last photo was the exact same photo as the very first one that we ever saw. Note the TRANS AM logos. They simple photo-shopped the photo a bit.

All other recent photos are likely prototype photos that Ertl released to vendors to promote the release. Just look at all the photos. They all have white backgrounds & are all taken from good angles. How many hobby shops do you know have a photo studio?

Plus,
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:15 am

You make a good point, so I guess there's still hope for white lenses on the ERTL version. Whatever the case - we should know by this time next week.

Btw, GPL have their own photo studio, and looking through the rest of the photos on Exoticar, the KR pic they have is consistent with everything else on their website. Photos like that aren't hard to take - afew spot lights and a large sheet of paper is all that's nessesary. I take alot of pics of my own models using the same methods.

DiggiDiDuck
Recruit

New Pics!

Post by DiggiDiDuck » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:10 pm

Today I have found some new Pics!

here is the link:

http://www.carhall.com.tw/subindex.asp? ... D%E8%BB%8A

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:38 pm

Wow! Best pics yet - that looks stunning! Superb.

Excellent find - thanks for posting! :)

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:02 pm

LMAO..... :lol:

They put ejector seats in it.

How cool is that. Now if they would model the
nose properly. The bottom lip is way to small.
Looks like someones conversion was used as
a basis for the model. Still cool though. I want one.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

MischievousJoe
Recruit

Post by MischievousJoe » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:57 pm

*drools* I don't care about the amber fog lights, I just want the car already! :D

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:14 pm

This has just been posted on KR UK forums - looks stunning. Really cannot wait to get my hands on this!

KITT on eBay

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:47 pm

DanielB wrote:This has just been posted on KR UK forums - looks stunning. Really cannot wait to get my hands on this!

KITT on eBay
wow,looks like the final deal in that auction.that is the first i have seen one pictured with the box,stand and packing straps which makes me believe they went with the amber lights in the end. this will easily be taken care of when i get my hands on it.i'm sitting here like a little kid on christmas eve waiting for this thing to arrive at my door :twisted:

MischievousJoe
Recruit

Post by MischievousJoe » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:58 pm

So why doesn't Joyride's site list KITT among their other Entertainment vehicles yet?!