Question about the Knight Rider Movie

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sat Oct 19, 2002 10:28 am

Of course Michael wouldn't let that happen, BUT he didn't know. Neither did Devon.

Devon: "How dare you dismantle that car without first discussing it with me!"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beth C:
<STRONG>KITT was dismantled and sold for parts. (ICK- the HORROR of it!) First off, I don't think MICHAEL would let that happen. EVEN IF he walked away, I'm pretty sure he would keep tabs on his buddy and put a MAJOR stop into anyone trying to tear the car apart. (would you sit by and LET someone disect YOUR best friend?? </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:29 pm

Ahh, yes, but that would still be like giving a multi-million dollar tank to a civilian. Nice in theory, never going to happen. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by March2875:
<STRONG>I didn't hate the Knight 4000. What I hated was Kitt being dismantled. Kitt should have been given to Michael if no longer needed. Afterall Kitt was designed to protect Michael and nobody else. Need proof here it is Devon and Michaels discussion during Knight of the Phoenix episode on the subject word for word. ("You mean this car can just take off go for gas or a carwash just like that Huh?") ("U Huh.") ("That would be terrific if I happened to be working under it.") (" Oh it wouldn't harm you I assure you its primary function is the preservation of human life, your life.") ("By me you mean anybody driving this thing.") ("No No No I mean you, you specifically, You Michael Arthur Long")</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

KRR
Rookie

Post by KRR » Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by March2875:
<STRONG>...Afterall Kitt was designed to protect Michael and nobody else...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was designed to protect all human life, but my guess is that he could always be reprogrammed to protect other pilots specifically- for example Charlie from "Knight in Disgrace."

[ October 19, 2002: Message edited by: KRR ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:51 pm

You mean Charles no, no no...Chuck Wallyburton...FBI. (And yeah, they would have been able to program him, or that was the general intent.) *chuckles*

knightimmortal

KRR
Rookie

Post by KRR » Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:18 pm

Although Chuck did spend time being shot through the sunroof... maybe when FLAG reprogrammed Kitt to protect his new pilot they forgot to include really annoying people... [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:24 pm

Or they hadn't reprogrammed him yet, since Devon already knew that Michael would be back.

If they had excluded really annoying people, then Shawn would have been history in KR2K. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] (Not to mention Maddock.)

knightimmortal

KRR
Rookie

Post by KRR » Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:35 pm

We might not have had to watch April for half as long as we did [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Here is a professional artist's rendering of what would have happened had Kitt not had to protect annoying people such as April.

Vega
Stranger

Post by Vega » Sun Oct 20, 2002 2:10 am

I agree, David must play the part of Michael Knight, and William Daniels must be Kitt. If anyone else tries to reprise the roles it would spell doom for the movie. But I don’t think going back to the ‘80’s will work now. David is twenty years older, it is time for him to be the mentor. Fortunately, in the movies today, an actor does not have to be young to be a hero. The script could easily have Michael in the thick of things along side his student. I see a scenario where Michael finds himself in need of help and must turn to the same brash headstrong young man he himself was when he first met Devon. Together, Michael, Kitt and the new operative could “Champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in the world of criminals who operate above the law.”

Vega

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:13 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KRR:
<STRONG>We might not have had to watch April for half as long as we did [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Here is a professional artist's rendering of what would have happened had Kitt not had to protect annoying people such as April.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL!! Very nice! Very nice indeed. Now if only we could have an entire fan fic based on that....LOL!

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:28 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightimmortal:
<STRONG>Ahh, yes, but that would still be like giving a multi-million dollar tank to a civilian. Nice in theory, never going to happen. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, but they could just de-activate KITT's weapon systems. Leave the phone, TV's, and KITT. Maybe even let Michael have Turbo Boost.....

Personally, It's kind of a toss up. I would actually like to see a relaunch, on TV. (You know, new guy playing Michael, Bonnie, Devon, etc.)

Movie-wise, I want Michael in KITT, kickin villain butt! I really don't want to see Michael reduced to leader. Then, if he isn't the active fighter-- it just wouldn't be the same to me....

Knight Ryda1
Volunteer

Post by Knight Ryda1 » Sun Oct 20, 2002 4:45 pm

My idea, is Michael mentors the new guy, to do be the crime fighter, then when the new guy goes off and gets in trouble, michael knight and kitt come back to life to save the day. Cause one man can make a difference...

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sun Oct 20, 2002 7:13 pm

While Laura is correct in that giving Kitt to Michael would be like giving a tank to a civilian, and in reality would never happen. The reason I feel Michael should have been given Kitt is because we've all grown to love Kitt more like a human and not a car. Therefore to us you can't simply dismantle Kitt. Despite Kitt being switched to the newer car in KR2000 I don't see it being possible to switch Kitt's CPU into a car that far in the future. So I feel for this reason a newer car that wasn't Kitt would need to be made for the field.

[ October 20, 2002: Message edited by: March2875 ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Oct 20, 2002 7:38 pm

Um, hate to do this, but considering that the CPU is a separate entity from the car, he can be put in a new car, sort of like an upgrade. That part was extremely possible. Now the Chevy....that was pushing it.

And even though that we all thought that KITT was humanlike, he was still an AI, and still the property of Knight Industries. If you took out any of his defensive systems, they would still be letting the greatest scientific discovery ever get away from them, and run the risk of it potentially falling into the wrong hands. The dismantling thing was Maddock's pompous idiocy, proof that the man was a few tacos short of a combo, but FLAG keeping KITT, not that far fetched.

knightimmortal

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Sun Oct 20, 2002 7:55 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightimmortal:
<STRONG>Um, hate to do this, but considering that the CPU is a separate entity from the car, he can be put in a new car, sort of like an upgrade. That part was extremely possible. Now the Chevy....that was pushing it.

And even though that we all thought that KITT was humanlike, he was still an AI, and still the property of Knight Industries. If you took out any of his defensive systems, they would still be letting the greatest scientific discovery ever get away from them, and run the risk of it potentially falling into the wrong hands. The dismantling thing was Maddock's pompous idiocy, proof that the man was a few tacos short of a combo, but FLAG keeping KITT, not that far fetched.

knightimmortal</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... interesting..

'Cause I'm working on a fanfic where the movie never takes place, FLAG is destroyed and Michael DOES get to keep KITT...

Call it Alternate Universe...

Is it really that far-fetched that if something did happen to disband FLAG that Michael would end up with the car??

I can't stand to see those two apart...

[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Oct 20, 2002 7:59 pm

It's not that far fetched, if FLAG was disbanded, and if Knight Industries lost its control. I am just saying that it is not far fetched if Michael didn't get KITT.

Not to mention, the majority of the fan fic in this universe is alternate universe, so write and be free!

knightimmortal

Spenser
Stranger

Post by Spenser » Sun Oct 20, 2002 8:02 pm

Nothing should change. Michael Knight (Hasselhoff) and Kitt (Daniels) should be fighting crime together. It would not be the same if they bring in someone else or Knight being a mentor. Keep KR the way it is. As for his age, with todays technology. There is other actors older than he is doing action movies, so I don't buy in he's to old.
Look at one of the 2000 Movies where the girl had Kitt and Micheal and the girl was sort of working together. Personally that movie was a flop just because it was not made the way the series was made.

Keep KR the way it is

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Oct 20, 2002 8:08 pm

Actually, the movie wasn't a flop, it was one of the highest rated movies of the week not only the first time it aired, but in airings afterward. It was meant to go to series, but without Hasselhoff lingering around, it didn't make it.

knightimmortal

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:41 pm

Let me explain a few things about computers to you. It is hard to put computer components into a place where there are no computer components. You actually have to install support systems and alter a source to put a computer in. In a vehicle, you have to virtually rebuild or reinforce the electrical system to support the computer's power, you have to cut out places, and set places so that it doesn't shake the computer, because that can crash it.

In a vehicle that is already set up to handle a computer, none of the alterations need to be made, and since seemingly the Knight vehicles were made with removable CPU's, it would be easier, and actually possible to implant the CPU in. It's done all the time with computers. It is the reason why you can run programs from older computers in the newer ones. In some cases, vice versa. So taking KITT's CPU and putting him in a new car is called an upgrade for KITT. It is just taking his CPU and putting it in a new case.

Just because KITT is human-like does not mean that he is human. He can be transplanted easier into a new car, than an old car.

knightimmortal

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:20 am

I disagree it was far more possible to install Kitt into an older car than a newer one. Its not that the CPU couldn't be switched but that it wouldn't and shouldn't be compatible with a newer computer. While in the 57 Chevy There were no computer involved to start with.

SWerni
Rookie

Ok in fact of rumors about the new movie..

Post by SWerni » Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:28 pm

.. someone told about the possibility that a Honda should become K.I.T.T. in the Movie and so this picture was created by our board Member CapN

He is a famous Picture creator :D

Hope you like it and laugh with us, too

THIS IS JUST A FANFIC POSTER FROM A GERMAN FAN ;)

Enjoy it

YOurs Sandra

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:39 pm

cool picture ! is that the new NSX ?? nice car. im into modified cars and everything but being a Knight Rider fan, i still think KITT should remain something American, then again, anything that can get away with having a big red light in front and still look awesome deserves a shot.

i know the new generation TA's can pull it off very well, just not sure if Revolution will go for it saying as its not being produced anymore.

i see this maybe getting into another debate about which car to use, argh !

Jackie Chan as michael knight...hmmm, could work..lol

Scott

SWerni
Rookie

Post by SWerni » Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:45 pm

I think so, too.. it would be better if K.I.T.T. stay an american car :)

Jackie was added in cause of the Japanese Car.. we all had a good laught at it

Sandra

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:06 pm

i think KITT should stay a pontiac. i wouldn't mind it being a 99 trans am.

and i would kill myself if jackie chan ever played michael knight.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:14 pm

HAHAHA!! Ok the imagery of Jackie Chan ordering KITT around and telling him what to do is priceless.

Awesome poster btw. Im assuming that car is the concept NSX. Interesting car to choose as KITT. Lol, nice find Swerni. Gave me a heck of a laugh.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:18 pm

We all have "Fast and the Furious" to thank for stuff like this :evil: . What's next a "Smokey and the Bandit" remake with an Accord as 'Trigger!'
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!