About Justin -- For all board members with an interest in th

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JustinMacri
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by JustinMacri » Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:42 am

Hi,

I see your point and i am sorry. I am just wondering about the game and stuff. And when i ment to Laura about when i made the topic about the Knight Rider intro Dessert. I sazw the reply and i thoght it was a funny joke. I was not laughing at you guys. I wish There was a news letter i can sign up for updates on the game. I am yes 21 years old omost 22 on November 5th of this year. I am not mentel retared i am sorry i am a pest. I am just wondering on the game and when i ment about thinng's like KITT fliped over in the game i was just wondering. see in my head or somthing i just wanted to know. I would never be mean to friends i make. In my program i am in i am a good person i have a job at Tower Records in Nanuet NY and i am a graet funny guy offline. I can be cool and stuff and well i just wanted to say sorry ok.

Justin

dinknight
Volunteer

Post by dinknight » Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:08 am

I still agree with Scott.

[ October 18, 2002: Message edited by: DinKnight ]

Matrixra
Stranger

Post by Matrixra » Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:54 am

I have installed UltimateBB onto my site, but I have also used it before on a company website. I know for a fact that a board of this size, Justins posts do not take up that much space. Some people are so nasty. Not everyone in this place is going to get on. Me, I like Justins posts, sometimes I write so fast I fall over myself typing! Threads targeting 1 person should not be allowed. I have only been on this board for a few days and I really do not like what I have seen so far.
I am very disappointed. Oh and I love the way you all kiss the owners ass all the time, how low can you get!

dinknight
Volunteer

Post by dinknight » Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:08 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matrixra:
<STRONG>Me, I like Justins posts, sometimes I write so fast I fall over myself typing! Threads targeting 1 person should not be allowed. I have only been on this board for a few days and I really do not like what I have seen so far.
I am very disappointed. Oh and I love the way you all kiss the owners ass all the time, how low can you get!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly, you yourself have stated that you have been on this board for a few days, so the in-depth of your knowledge of the whole situation can be questioned. Also, if i'm not mistaken, this situation has been going on for 1-month plus. So, why don't you read up the other posts in the other threads before coming to a simplistic conclusion?

And no, we don't kiss the owner's ass here.

Dreamchild
Volunteer

Post by Dreamchild » Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:18 am

Usually, I avoid this kind of thread like the plague, but I feel have to post because some posts have been annoying me, and they're not Justin's.

Ok Justin, you really need to use a spell checker on your posts, and a grammar checker wouldn't do any harm,because it can be really hard to work out what you're saying and that can be a bit annoying. So type your posts in a Word Processor.

The posts really annoying me have been the ones jumping on Justin. Quite simply, it ain't helpful. Now, I can understand you wanting to say something if he's totally incomprehensible but 'shut up' won't help make it clearer, or get Justin to be clearer the next time. Also, if you're trying to make someone to go away - then there's something wrong with this community.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott Kirkessner:
<STRONG>But we have only a certain amount of board space and with Justin's mindless useless psycho-babble that makes no damn sense, there just shouldn't be tolerance for it.
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, there is only a certain amount of space - and posting an insult to an incomprehensible post will just take up more space.

Calum

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:09 pm

Let me see now, we all say Justin's posts are completely useless, and do nothing but take up board space.... Oh, so an entire thread about "oh here are justin's posts, lets all make fun of them now" is extremely important right? That really pertains to Knight Rider...

Who are we to judge what kind of person Justin is? Who are we to say that Justin has no idea what he is talking about? Yes, his posts can be very confusing at times. And that means what? That he's uneducated? That he's 6 years old? Give me a break. Tell me one person who thinks that the way a person talks on a message board reflects on this person's life offline and i'll show you an ignorant and shallow human being.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:17 pm

Scott has said everything i wanted to say on the matter

K.I.T.T

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:39 pm

Thank you [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K.I.T.T:
<STRONG>Scott has said everything i wanted to say on the matter

K.I.T.T</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:06 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matrixra:
<STRONG>I have installed UltimateBB onto my site, but I have also used it before on a company website. I know for a fact that a board of this size, Justins posts do not take up that much space. Some people are so nasty. Not everyone in this place is going to get on. Me, I like Justins posts, sometimes I write so fast I fall over myself typing! Threads targeting 1 person should not be allowed. I have only been on this board for a few days and I really do not like what I have seen so far.
I am very disappointed. Oh and I love the way you all kiss the owners ass all the time, how low can you get!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, for starters, you have been here to post all of about four messages. Three of them have been to tell us how mean we are, and one of them was to advertise your own website. This does not reflect well for you. You haven't been here long, even if you claim that you are a lurker, you are showing that you are not, and have no clue about the actual situation here. So, if you do not like us 'kissing the owner's ass', the owner, who basically shells out money that he sees nothing back on just because of his love of the show, and his genuine affection for the community, then you can just leave. That comment was an attack, uncalled for, and basically lowers itself into the same range as you are accusing the rest of the board members about their attitudes towards Justin.

As for your knowledge about how much each message takes up? Use common sense. For every Justin message, there will be three others trying to figure out what he had asked, followed by the fact that there will be many others that follow through thinking that Justin was the first to ask it, primarily by newbies, when it has been answered by one post, plus at least 13 followups before. It's simple math done for a very busy board. I don't care if you have installed it, how many messages does it get per day? Where do you have it installed? How many features do you have activated? How many years has it been around?

Drop the attitude, and at least try to post on something a whole lot more constructive than your own site, and bashing us for how mean we are, and how we 'kiss the owner's ass'. Maybe if you learned a little respect and a little manners along with a few others, we could take your words seriously. Not to mention, you haven't even been around long enough to tell us how to run things around here.

You broke my established rules, I will bend mine to answer this underhanded, extremely insulting, and low attack.

knightimmortal

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:33 pm

Well said KI! If there is one thing I hate, it is people who don't know the whole story butting in.

We are not mean nor cold on this board... just intolerant of useless things.

-Scott

[ October 18, 2002: Message edited by: Scott Kirkessner ]

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:41 pm

For those of you with the delusion that I insulted a fellow board member, please do one of the following:

A) Please understand that I was merely cracking a joke at the expense of this board member. He is not offended, and neither should you be. Please move on and save the drama for yo mama...

B) Please accept my deepest and sincerest apologies for the jokes. I will do my best to keep myself in line from here on in... I hope that I can continue to make friends here and not enemies...

SH

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:45 pm

SpyHunter, you did not insult anyone, period.

You cracked a joke, and jokes are great resources to lighten up tension. Look in your post, almost everyone thought your top 15 was funny as hell, I sure did.

No apologies are necessary... simple as that. You brought a very important subject to light.

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpyHunter:
<STRONG>For those of you with the delusion that I insulted a fellow board member, please do one of the following:

A) Please understand that I was merely cracking a joke at the expense of this board member. He is not offended, and neither should you be. Please move on and save the drama for yo mama...

B) Please accept my deepest and sincerest apologies for the jokes. I will do my best to keep myself in line from here on in... I hope that I can continue to make friends here and not enemies...

SH</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:52 pm

Thank you, Scott! And I know, I just wanted to cover all of my bases...

SH

Digitalmovment
Volunteer

Post by Digitalmovment » Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:02 pm

Well I just spent an hour going over the board just searching for some of Justin’s posts. I do agree they are more then a little fumbled and at best hard to understand. I don't see the damage he is causing the board and have no problems with him.

I do however take offence to creating a thread to discuss one member. In my opinion board moderators should keep the members in line and if not take care of business.
Democracy is great but not at the cost of one persons worth on the board. Make general rules of the board and adhere to them.

As far as people speculating about Justin’s Schooling or mental deficiencies, you are despicable. One should not be judged on one aspect of there life and graded by it.

But hey that’s just one mans opinion.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:18 pm

To Justin

After reading all these posts, i'm starting to feel quiet guilty over prusuming your age is 7, and then saying that its possible you had something like Dyslexia. I feel like despite my saying that i try never to judge a book by its cover, i've done just that with you.

So i would like to appologise to you, and I can only hope that my two previous posts have caused you no offense.

Sorry Justin

From Matthew

[ October 18, 2002: Message edited by: Matthew ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:18 pm

Take offense all you want, this was a plan to hear proper arguments about Justin without the snipes that plagued other threads. We are not a dictatorship around here, nor do we ever plan to become one.

knightimmortal

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:41 pm

Of course not KI, no one is implying this board should be run as a dictatorship. But when someone has a gripe against another member, it should be discussed like an adult, like you did by starting this thread. You gave all of us an oppurtunity to discuss this matter and i respect you for that.

But, then again, a moderator has to know when things get out of hand. I am not telling you how to do your job, but when posts such as "your posts are not important, we dont need them!" start showing up, or insulting names, yes someone needs to step in and take care of the matter.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:47 pm

Actually, you are telling me how to do my job, and considering that Scott and others have presented their side in a whole lot more adult manner than before, even with using the words 'useless posts'. It is their point of view, just as you have been able to display your own point of view in a thread that isn't spreading out to others. Take a look at the other threads, how many flying insults do you see today as compared to yesterday after giving everybody a chance to speak their minds in this singular thread? And of course, some people decided to take the childish way out by attacking others anyway in a rather childish and insulting manner. Many have decided to throw out attacks to moderators, and the board, when they were specifically asked not to do that. So guess what, don't tell me how or where to do my job until you can step back, and look at the much larger picture here. I know that anytime I do anything, nobody is going to agree with it. I have accepted that, but I truly do work for the bigger picture, on and off the scene.

knightimmortal

[ October 18, 2002: Message edited by: knightimmortal ]

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:53 pm

To the supposed lurker who claims to say we 'kiss the owner's ass' No we do not! You have no idea at what an excellent job he does upkeeping this board. Everytime the board went down, he fixed it RIGHT AWAY! He didn't wait a few days or a week. No!!! He fixed it within an hour or two. BTW: Our board has had at least 3 senior moments within the past year.. Why? you ask. Becuase we ran out of space.

So don't post about something you claim to know when you really don't.

Nick

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:33 pm

Ok ok i see your all point on your veiw with me and i am sorry. I had no idea the board is like one big hard drive. And well wirh KARR and Laura AKA KnightMmortal i have no probloms with them. OK i know on here i been a pest and asking a lot about the game i was just wondering about it and Laura has explained to me to wait and see i know what she is telling me. I do not mean to act like a jerk and you all thinking i am mentaly ill or somthing. I am a really nice guy and well i am sorry for all of this.

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:00 pm

I don't think your'e mentally retarded Justin. I hope no one else here does as well. I'm happy that you have understood the situation, and we can all put this behind us.

Knight452
Operative

Post by Knight452 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:40 pm

Has anyone heard of "Ispell" ?

It's a program that works like MS spell check just like on the documents you type on.

I Got this from "The Screen Savers" on Tech TV
IEspell
It Works [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ October 18, 2002: Message edited by: Knight452 ]

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:54 pm

We're not against Justin. We would just like for him to try making his posts a little more coherent. That's all. It's not a disrespectful request at all, nor offensive. To say that he can't do any better is actually to disrespect him. We believe that he can post just as fluently as anyone else, or if not, he can learn. I hope I haven't spoken out of turn or misrepresented anyone's opinion.

Darknight

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:08 am

Thank you all for your input, and views. We are working on a solution on this matter after taking your views into perspective, and will work with Justin to come up with an agreeable conclusion to this situation. As promised, I will shut this message down now.

knightimmortal