Knight Rider 2 - New Screenshots!

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sith
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider 2 - New Screenshots!

Post by Sith » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:39 am

The folks at Davilex have sent us through some nice new images. ;)

Look how shiny KITT is... hehe
Last edited by Sith on Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:24 am

Wow :shock: nice! Only a couple nitpicks:

1. KITT is TOO shiny. :) Especially after all that 'work' he has to do in the game.

2. The back rocket launchers or whatever they are, looks like they are bigger than his trunk.

3. The tire treads on the ground/floor don't line up when he's in ski mode.

4. The underside isn't rendered properly. Needs more 3D detail I would think.

5. Sometimes KITT seems a bit short and stout, when he's actually quite long and lean looking.

6. Scenes aren't anti-aliased much. Probably due to the 3D engine used and the fact that if it were anti-aliased, you'd need more computing power to render/play it smoothly.

Even at that, I can't wait for the game to come out. Looks like some interesting puzzles and scenes are included.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:25 am

The second screen shot is not showing up though.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:37 am

FuzzieDice wrote:The second screen shot is not showing up though.
Tis now ;)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:22 pm

yeah, i'm not impressed with the car either. they've worked too hard on making kitt look like a mirror instead of a black shiny car.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:29 pm

KITT NEEDS TO BE MORE TRANS AM LOOKING AND LESS SHINY AND MORE HARDCORE!
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:47 pm

Those pics realy awesome.And about kitts shine,I love it I appsalutley love it.Its just as shiney as on knight rider even better.I just hope they take off the ground effects from kitt and fix the rear tail lights.I do realize the pics are showing it from the previous game model and may not be used in the new one.Also I saw the clip from Michael Pajaros site which gives you and idea of the new game but i did notice the dash was unchanges hopey get to that.Figured they have to have added soemthing for weapon systems gauges and meters.But I think it would look realy look good if they would take the entiire heads up display and put it right into the dash.Like the map that was on the bottom right on the dash should be in the monitor area.The time meter in the dash as well as any weapons systems and about everything else.All in the dash.I want to see some pics from the video clips if we will see some actual video of Michael Knight Devon Miles Bonnie Barstowe walking around in the semi not just the cars.I thought we would see what happened in the opening theme in the video clips later in the game.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:56 pm

looks action packed, should be fun! When's it supposed to come out again?

The only thing that bugs me is the same reflection problem they had in the first game is still there. Look at the second picture, at KITT's back bumper. Instead of there being a reflection of what's behind him, it's somehow showing that sign that's in front of him!!
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

CAKnight
Volunteer

Post by CAKnight » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:05 pm

The reason why KITT is so shiny could be attributed to the possibility that the game's resolution settings were set to maximum. If the settings were lowered, KITT wouldn't have such a luster appearance.

Meccy
Recruit

Post by Meccy » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:36 pm

Hi everyone,

Just thought I`d throw in two penneth about the ne Knight Rider game : -

I think that it doesn`t really matter if they have made KITT look a bit shiny if anything its an improvment on the original dull look he had in the first one anyway.

Secondly I think we need to b looking beyond the Kitts texture and look at what extra bits the game has to offer this time round, as I`m sure you`ll all agree you`d rather be firing rockets and lasers from Kitt than debaiting how shiny he is (I know I would)!!!

Goldwings
Rookie

Post by Goldwings » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:24 pm

:shock: OMG its beautiful! Personally I like KITT's luster, he's so pretty. ^^

So what platform is this game for? PC or console? Any word on the release date? :)

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:33 am

It looks to me like davilex made the game more challenging.Like you can see K.I.T.T in the images up there doing more harder ski mode levels and ski modeing with out touching The red censors.

Karan
Recruit

Post by Karan » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:02 pm

well theyve definitely made some good improvements. the front end of the car looks awesome.

cant say the same thing about the rear however.WHY arent the tail-lights blacked out???????!
and since this is probably the part we're goign to be seeing the most while driving I sure hope they correct it. I mean they did a great job on the nose so why cant they black out the tail lights either? (unless its at night time and KITT has his tail lights on)
But in the day times you shouldnt be able to see the taillights

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:15 pm

All I can say is I want to see some dahboard shots.Hopefully they have the map on the screen monitor.more gages and meters for the rocket,plasma,and laser as well as spm.I want to be able to press and NOT hold on it down for the spm to work.I also want the EBS system.the tail lights should be blacked out.I have video clips of what the game was going to look like before it was tweaked by us.I liked it.Kitt had a greyishg look blacked out windows and tail lights.I loved it.With the combination of the ground effects it kinda gave kitt a macho more improved computerized look.I just want the dash to look better the map in the dash not just the meters like the last game.I would realy like to see the button mods for turbo boost,ski mode,lower console for spm mode the overhead console to show in vid clips the PA system and other things like the video phone.AND please make sure we see Michaels hands pushing all the buttons.I dont think it would slow down the game at all to see the hands and leather jacket to push everything.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:50 pm

In the video on Michael Majaro's site there is a sense where K.I.T.T is going over a bridge and showing K.I.T.T's dashboard there but i didn't see much.Just the mph speeding up.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:08 pm

The scene you are refering to from Michael Pajaro's site is probably footage from the last game.I see nothing on Missile,Laser,or Plasma.Theres is a pic on his site that shows tanks that represent something Below his mbs meter that now reads energy.He's battling a chopper in the pic.I have it if you want to see it.

dark knights
Stranger

Post by dark knights » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:19 am

game looks like alot of fun cannot wait for it to come out

K.I.A.N
Rookie

Post by K.I.A.N » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:49 pm

AHHHH KITTs shiny it burns. I dont think I will be getting it I didn't like the first game I coulding get off the first level.
Fan Of The New Knight Rider!

knightrider2004
Operative

Post by knightrider2004 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:34 pm

it looks fun but ditch the stupid shine KITT was gloss black not like a silver mirror black and the bowling ball hub caps never shined at all!
Michael wouldnt one woman be sufficient?

-K.I.T.T., Trust Doesent Rust

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:30 am

looks Awful to me :evil:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:44 am

I noticed that you haven't posted one pic of the dash.Could it be that this time there will be no dash view?Heaven forbid!No one has said anything about it in the interviews.I'm getting scared.

Also I'm guessing the developers and designers must have watched certain episodes for research such as knight of the phoenix,trust doesnt rust,kitt vs karr and goliath rturns and goliath.In kitt vs karr we see the laser beeing shot from the scanner as well as the episode trust doesnt rust.Why do we need a gun poping out to shoot a laser?Just shoot it from the scanner.Or the plasma rifle as well.Even the missile I wouldnt mind comming out of the scanner.I'll just count the new weapons systems as adjustments a new cybernetic technician made to kitt.Or maybe Bonnie seeing as how we had to ram and hump everything to death in the other game saw we need bigger guns this time.I'll just think of the new games as the time of the 90's or present.The other game did have a kr feel to it since no weapons were used.I know its davilexes rule not to use weapons.I guess they finaly came to thier senses.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:27 pm

There is a cockpit view, but all we have seen of it so far is pretty much identical to KR1.

Whether that has changed since May, I don't know.

Toni Nummela
Knight of Finland

Post by Toni Nummela » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:37 pm

I made some enhancements to KITT in three of the pictures. The overall color, turbo cast rims (wheels), hubcaps and rear lights, those lower front lights, scanner and license plate needed IMHO some work to be done.

Here are the results of couple of hours work:

Maybe KITT went almost too black in the second pic... Whoops. What do you think?

knightrider2004
Operative

Post by knightrider2004 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:07 pm

i think that looks great better and not 2 shiny
Michael wouldnt one woman be sufficient?

-K.I.T.T., Trust Doesent Rust

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:51 pm

Kitt looks a bit wide as wll too.
Knight Industries Defence One