Knight Rider Season 1 on DVD - Out Now! *DISCUSS HERE*

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sith
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Sith » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:58 am

I've been watching the sales rank at Amazon for the KR set, and it peaked at about 250 on friday.

Its currently at 344 at time of writing.

But bear in mind... thats only sales through Amazon. And they include pre-orders in their chart. So a rough estimate... I'd say its floating around the top 200 mark in terms of sales for Region 1.

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:02 pm

If everyone who signed the petition would buy the Dvd then we would definitly be able to get the rest of the seasons on dvd. If I am not mistaken - I believe that there were 10,099 when I signed the petition. But I never had a good memory to begin with so that figure probably isn't even close. However - the main point is that if the people who signed the petiton all bought the dvd then it would almost be a certainty thast they would release the rest of the seasons.

So I am hoping that everyone who signed and is able to will buy the dvd so that they will bring out the rest of the seasons. :idea: C'MON PEOPLE LETS GET TO IT - O.K?

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:30 pm

I have 2 copies personally. I might have to buy a 3rd ive already got some scratches appearing. And ive been SUPER careful. The one copy I plan to keep sealed for years into the future if needed someday.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:25 pm

I don't have money to buy the DVD yet. :( Or I would have had it by now. Low income, unfortunately. :?

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:49 pm

I got mine at last yesterday.

I am impressed with the quiality of the episode's so far.

The extra's are good I like the jack Gill interview, but I think it could have gone on a bit longer than six minutes.

The only thing I was slighly disapointed with is the comentary on the pilot.

There are many times when no one says anything for ages and is is freindly stuff goin on between David and Glen?

I got the impression they don't get on too well.

Maybe it's just me??

But from what I have watched it is overwise a fantastic set!

I have heard that The A team season 2 have been aproved, can't recall where it was, but I am sure Knight Rider season 2 will follow if that is the case!

Right I am going back to watch more :D

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:17 pm

It isn't just you, i noticed the same thing...seems like Larson has a bad chip on his shoulder...especially when David exposed some "trade secrets"....doesn't he think that we all know that now anyway??

But I did enjoy the commentary, nonetheless.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightrules
Volunteer

Post by knightrules » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:44 pm

From a HUGE Knight Rider fan.......I watched the pilot last night with the commentary and was not overly impressed. What bothered me most is how many times David kept saying someone's name and then asking where are they now (then dead silence), he did that a couple of times to the same person. the other thing was how many references he made to Baywatch. Who Cares about Baywatch on a Knight Rider set. I really was longing for more commentary on the series itself. Nonetheless I am thrilled to see KR on DVD and hope the other seasons see production soon. The VHS tapes I have many years ago from USA Network do not compare. Heck I would even take the next 3 seasons without extras just to get em if Universal cries budget blues.

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:08 pm

Once again I will ask this, why is there no promos on tv for it? This would boost sales a lot. Also anyone know any numbers on total sales.
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin:

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:30 pm

SwEeTiNsAnItY wrote: I thought the commentary was hilarious and heartwarming; it did kinda of weird me out how they forgot things you'd think they'd remember but then again, it was a job for them... as for David seeming full of himself, I can kinda excuse him for it; haven't any of you seen pictures of yourselves when you were younger and thought "Man I was skinny" or "I was so cute!"? I dunno, maybe I just expected it from him :P lol.
I agree Totally! David did look so much older on disk 4 when he was interviewed up close! Oh my what a change! Esp since they kept showing clips from the 80's! I think everyone on this website remembered more than David did from the show though! :) I love the set as well. Sweetinsanity- do you have your own KITT car? I would love to, but I have two toddlers! Instead I have a Taurus! When did you first start watching the show since you are only 18? -oppenca

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:34 pm

knightrules wrote:references he made to Baywatch. Who Cares about Baywatch on a Knight Rider set.
Agree totally. "definately Baywatch material" he kept saying... umm no?

Too bad they couldnt have watched it first, then come up with more stuff to say about KNIGHT RIDER. (not Baywatch)
But it was still fun.

dark knights
Stranger

Post by dark knights » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:24 am

i have bought 4 copies of it....i had a buddy tell me that he saw a add somewhere for the entire series on dvd...i hope his info pans out

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:07 pm

watch out for that entire series on DVD I think its just someone putting it from VHS to DVD because no company like Universal has put the entire series on DVD yet, I believe...
I know I got scammed with the Bloopers video on ebay. Its a home made video and a very bad copy at that. The stuff on it is interesting but the quality is so bad its hard to watch.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:50 pm

I found some more glitches.One in particular.The part where in episode Give me liberty or give me death where the reporter is talking to michael before or after the tent scene where the race is explained around that are the scene freezes and skips like 5 min.If not for my Knight Rider colection I wouldnt know whats beeing explained.

Knight Guy
Stranger

Post by Knight Guy » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:20 pm

Knight Racer wrote:I found some more glitches.One in particular.The part where in episode Give me liberty or give me death where the reporter is talking to michael before or after the tent scene where the race is explained around that are the scene freezes and skips like 5 min.If not for my Knight Rider colection I wouldnt know whats beeing explained.
I have just taken a look at my old TV recording from years ago and watched it side by side and I can’t see any bits missing. Is it the scene right at the beginning where Liberty Cox first meets Michael before going in the tent? Or do you mean the your DVD jumps and skips some of the episode?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:58 pm

I'm saying that the scene where there talking about the reason for the race in the tent is skipped about a few min.The dvd Glitch is also a little earlier tooabout a few minutes before Michael enters the tent after meeting the reporter.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:16 am

Knight Racer wrote:I found some more glitches.One in particular.The part where in episode Give me liberty or give me death where the reporter is talking to michael before or after the tent scene where the race is explained around that are the scene freezes and skips like 5 min.If not for my Knight Rider colection I wouldnt know whats beeing explained.
I encountered a some what similar problem, but the glitch that I encountered was from the episode Inside Out...

Have not reached episode Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death yet... not sure if there are any glitches there..

K.I.A.N
Rookie

Post by K.I.A.N » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:52 pm

yay I may be geting one now :lol: :lol:
Fan Of The New Knight Rider!

martymcfly1985
Stranger

Post by martymcfly1985 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:05 pm

My DVD set skips 15 minutes of "Give me liberty or give me death!"

recall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knight224
Operative

Post by Knight224 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:27 pm

I watched every episode on mine... and aside from the slightly abused case from the evil UPS men, everythin was fine! The only issue I had was at first it seemed they tried too hard to make the sound better, to the point it was distracting, but I got used to it.

I don't know if anyone said this yet, but did anyone notice that in Trust Doesn't Rust, when Michael gets back in/on KITT they show Bonnie and the kidnapper guy looking back at Michael in the Trans Am, only someone is on top of KARR! I thought it was kind of funny :D
Knight Rider 2day 2morrow 4ever

Leaving the forum May 3, 2006. (Losing internet connection.) Thanks for all the wonderful memories!!! -- Dropped in Feb 18, 2008 to say 'hi'.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:44 pm

I think everyone who is having issues with their discs should look at them very carefully. I had issues with the disc and noticed that I had a print on the surface, cleaning it allowed the disc to play properly. I'm not saying that there isn't a chance that some of your discs are flawed, no production is perfect. But because they are double sided discs, they get alot more abuse quicker cause you don't have that printed side to grab easily.

If you think they are damaged, try bring them back to your point of purchase and exchange them.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:56 pm

martymcfly1985 wrote:My DVD set skips 15 minutes of "Give me liberty or give me death!"

recall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine too!!! It skips when I play the episode in my PS2... But it did not skip when I played that episode using my normal DVD player...

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re:

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:12 am

Got my DVD set and popped in the Knight Rider 2000 disk. Played the movie and noticed that the quality of the movie completely sucks! I thought it was going to be digitally remastered??? Not that I care for KR 2000 much, but if I'm paying that much money to own the first season I expect good quality! I was one of the few that got suckered on eBay by a misleading description of Knight Rider 2000 on DVD. It was a homemade DVD with the movie in VHS quality and with partial commercials burnt onto a recordable DVD. But I bid on it to get the Bloopers disc, which I felt could have been incorporated into the official DVD release. Maybe in the later seasons? The official copy of Knight Rider 2000 is better than my VHS copy though at least but I just think it's sub-par for a DVD.

As for the episodes, they're pretty good quality, though not perfect as you can see little pops and quirks here and there on the screen, but I'm just nitpicking. Even still the quality is pretty good. Watched the pilot episode and realized Glen Larson is hilarious! It's all sarcastic banter going on, the way I took it was that they weren't fighting. But yes it did kind of suck that they didn't have much interesting information to comment on during the movie as directors do on other DVDs for other movies.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

trooper TK-WHA??
Rookie

Post by trooper TK-WHA?? » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:54 am

After watching all the episodes I finally set down to watching the pilot with the commentary to see what all the brouhaha was about.Yes,it is a lot of sarcastic banter.It also seems David is being a little more enthusiastic than Larsen expected,but that's just how David is.Look at previous interviews over the years.I do agree maybe they should have watched it once before recording the commentary so that we could've been spared so many wowIcompletelyforgotaboutthat moments.By the way,if anyone thought David was being a little full of himself,that's nothing.He was just having fun with it.Try listening to interviews/commentaries by William Shatner on any of the Star Trek theatrical directors edition dvd's.Makes David seem shy and introverted by comparison.
If only I had a nickel for every time someone cut me off on the parkway and wished for a Turbo-Boost or Micro-jammer...

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:12 pm

I don't think Universal cared much for remastering KR2000, remember, it was a bonus feature..their main target was the season itself.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:38 pm

Still ONCE AGAIN, WHY ARE THERE NO PROMOS ON TV FOR IT. ANY ONE HAVE ANY ANSWERS OR CARE TO COMMENT.
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin: