Download Knight Rider Game Video clip at gamespot

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:14 pm

I've got good news and bad news for everyone.The good news is aparently gamespot has videoclips for the game knight rider about 9 of them to downlaod.The extremely sad news is that there not free.You have to be a member.I wanted to watch at least one of the clips but the cheap bums won't let us even watch one.the link to the page is:
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/media/0,11100,562167,00.html

anyone here have an account they would be willing to let us use for us poor monatarily chalenged kr fans?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:32 pm

Wow!

I signed up and ttok a look at the movies... they re-rendered the openning credits, complete with KITT driving towards the camera in the desert and the SPM transformation at the end.

Michael doesn't look great, but they have a digital Devon & bonnie which are very well done. I may have to go get me a PS2 just for this game!

Mike

kittgirl
Volunteer

Post by kittgirl » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:09 am

Oh shoot, requires credit card info... damn, can't see movieclips, caus don't own a credit card... [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:23 am

I was able to stream the first video clip for free, and I must say, the new intro looks bitchin'... The reflections off of KITT's windows as he is pulling into the semi are especially dazzling.

It is sad to see however that they misplaced the scanner on the SPM transformation at the end. They leave it in the same location under the hood, instead of up on the extending nose where it's supposed to be... Tisk, Tisk...

But who's complaining? This game looks to be just what we need to hold us over until the movie!

SH

Mikko L
Rookie

Post by Mikko L » Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:01 am

Here's the straight link if u have problems with the page:
(There's a few commercials at the beginning)

Knight Rider Clip

BabsBunny
Rookie

Post by BabsBunny » Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:49 am

There's no picture showing up, only sound! How do I retcify that?

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:39 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Babs Bunny:
<STRONG>There's no picture showing up, only sound! How do I retcify that?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i had exactly the same problem babs, but i actually figured it out, a world first, lol

i noticed in the address it says speed=300, so that must be for peeps with broadband, but im just on 56k, so i changed that and it works ! the picture isnt great but u get an idea, the car looks shockingly real !
http://perl.gamespot.com/perl/stream1.asx?speed=56&path=krps21.asx&first

scott

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:35 pm

OMG! thanks so much for the links guys. Ive been trying to get that one video to work for weeks but unsucessfully. The game looks unbelievably impressive in the videos. Lets hope its just as good in real time.

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:44 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Babs Bunny:
<STRONG>Ooooooooh! I SO want that game!!!!

Michael doesn't look too bad. Devon looks like a Sim. *giggles*

Funny though..I've asked all the game shops around here when they'll be carrying it. None of them know about it! It WILL be released in the States, right?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Babs, the release date says November 2002 (Europe). Hopefully, this means that the game will be released here in the states one to two months after that. Hehe, you lucky ones over there in the UK better not brag!! LOL

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:25 pm

what do you mean one to two months?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:50 pm

On the average, the UK gets things one to two months after us. And when the UK and Europe gets it first, it takes one to two months to get to us.

knightimmortal

BabsBunny
Rookie

Post by BabsBunny » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:06 am

Ooooooooh! I SO want that game!!!!

Michael doesn't look too bad. Devon looks like a Sim. *giggles*

Funny though..I've asked all the game shops around here when they'll be carrying it. None of them know about it! It WILL be released in the States, right?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:44 am

Nobody sign up to gamespot!!!I just got a membership and tried to get access to the clips and it said no such email/password is in our records.So i went to the forgot password section and it said no such email exists in the system..Now here is where everyone thinks i made a mistake with the password or email when signing up as in a spelling mistake well here is proof that that did not happen.I hit the print screen button on the keyboard which allows you to take a pic of your entire screen area.I made sure my email was perfectly spelled.I then went to contact and i got an automated email responce which told me that the're having problems with netscape and internet explorer browsers.They said reduce the security settings to medium and i did and it still didnt work.i emailed them saying if i did not get a responce within 24 hours i will withold payment on the card.So i will post anything if i get a responce.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:56 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Newcastle knight:
<STRONG>

the car looks shockingly real !

scott</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG!!!!!!!! WOW the desert clip is so real...ok now im so looking forward to this!!!...just hope the game play is just as good!!..Michael and Devon look a little ill *lol* but can't wait!!...Thanks Newcastle for the link!

K.I.T.T

[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:00 am

anyone here see all the kr clips and i know i wont be able to so please describe in detail what is in each clip.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:31 am

Or give us ways to see them for free.

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knight Racer:
<STRONG>anyone here see all the kr clips and i know i wont be able to so please describe in detail what is in each clip.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:24 pm

Sweet intro. Wish I could see the rest of the clips. Michael looks ok. I think he needs more hair. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I thought Devon looked ok. He kind of reminds me of the Devon impostor in KOTJ. At first I thought the hood was scrunched and the scanner was a little up too high, but I think it is because I am not used to these 3D polygonal graphics.

Though I can't wait. Would be neat to get the game as a birthday present at the end of October.

Nick

[ September 11, 2002: Message edited by: krfan1 ]

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:08 am

Scott there is a way to do this.The people who saw the clips can take the windiws video audio shortcuts put them in a folder and then make a zip out of the folder.then someone will have to upload it and make it a download on there site.That might work considering the shortcut doesnt lead to a password screen.And theres another problem.The streaming shortcuts are made for dsl or cable broadband conection.I should know i had it up until aol plus decided lets play G-d and pick someone to torture by diconnecting within a few minutes and he will have to go complain and we reconnect him in a bout a week.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu Sep 12, 2002 5:16 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Newcastle knight:
<STRONG>

i had exactly the same problem babs, but i actually figured it out, a world first, lol

i noticed in the address it says speed=300, so that must be for peeps with broadband, but im just on 56k, so i changed that and it works ! the picture isnt great but u get an idea, the car looks shockingly real !

scott</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for that Scott. I buffered the entire clip to play it smoothly though.

I do feel that I need to stress this is only a FMV (full motion video). Rarely do FMV show the graphic capability of the game or the most important aspect, gameplay.

I wonder why the other platform versions have been put on hold, be that the X-box, Gamecube or GBA?

Sarfraz

kittgirl
Volunteer

Post by kittgirl » Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:18 am

OH WOW! Thanks for the clips! Now I've gotta get that game!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:34 am

Did anyone here view all the clips if so what browser did they use and also what version?I'm thinking of maybe using a different credit car seeing that the card wasnt charged the first time.Maybe that was why I couldnt gain acess.Anyway for the next week no dsl for me so i would have to do what everyone else of 56k is doig by resizing the clips.

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Fri Sep 13, 2002 10:52 pm

okay i have broadband why when i click on the link i only get sound. i can play the 56k clip without it being choppy, but i want to see the bigger less pixelly clip [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:59 am

Dave -- I tried running the broadband clip using media player and had some problems, but with Real Player it worked fine. You might want to try that.

Also, about the game graphics, Sarfraz is right about the FMV. The FMV video uses pre-rendered CG graphcs. Rarely does an FMV ever use real-time graphics. Hopefully the graphics shouldn't be all that different though.

[ September 14, 2002: Message edited by: Centaurus17 ]

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sat Sep 14, 2002 2:30 pm

actully i forgot my media player was configured for dial up only. i went to tools, options, performance and selected the DSL/Cable 768kbps speed and hit apply. when i tried the link again it worked. so all of you out there who have DSL or higher should do this. Great clip by the way [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]