The missing bullet

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Amianda
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The missing bullet

Post by Amianda » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:06 pm

Hmm, well about the eyes thing...it seems a bit far fetched for Michael's eyes to be completely replaced; after all, with the technology showcased in the series they would have probably been some kind of mechanical or robotic eyes. This detail in and of itself is a nitpick i guess.

I can imagine how they could change blue to brown, but not the other way around. See, I have one blue eye and one brown eye naturally. My brown eye actually has brownish streaks across a blue background, causing a sort of hazel green effect. The ophthalmologist told me that the reason my eye has brown streaks in it is because there is a freckle in the iris very close to the pupil that defracts the light when it enters my eye, causing the color differential.

If Michael's surgeon were to scar a tiny portion of the iris using a precise laser, possibly the effect would be the same. But as I said, we're talking about doing the opposite, subtracting color or pigmentation instead of adding it...

--Amianda
A Different Perspective

SadArticle
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The missing bullet

Post by SadArticle » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:45 pm

I can remember suggesting that a change of eye colour would explain why Michael Knight's driving licence said 'brown' for his eye colour (when his eyes are obviously blue), but never thought about how that could be achieved. Hmmm [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] Perhaps they transplanted the irises from the cadaver that Wilton Knight arranged to be stolen from the medical school (Knight of the Phoenix again)? It's possible - why do you think people can donate their corneas after death? Gross, but another theory [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

And does Kitt have a driver's licence? This has been touched on before too (I'm amazed we managed to hit on a new one with the eye-colour issue [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) No, I'm thinking - that's why it's 'against Foundation rules' for Kitt to drive the Knight 2000, even though it's his own body!

Sarah