The missing bullet

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The missing bullet

Post by Skav » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:02 pm

Hey

we all know Michael was shot in the head and that the bullet was deflected by the metal plate in his head, causing the bullet to come back out of his face but my question is, was the actual bullet recovered?

I know this was out in the middle of the desert but if anyone had found this, it might have spelt trouble for Michael and FLAG in general.

There is no mention about the bullet that hit Michael or any other forensic evidence.

Skav

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

The missing bullet

Post by knightshade » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:04 pm

To the best of my knowledge it was never mentioned (I don't think there was any note of it in the novel either). Prime breeding ground for fanfic ideas though. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

The missing bullet

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:12 pm

Actually, I believe it was stated that the bullet went in, hit the plate, and shattered, coming back out through his face, so all that would have really been left was fragments of the bullet.

knightimmortal

Skav
FLAG Operative

The missing bullet

Post by Skav » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:21 pm

I honestly don't remember them saying the bullet shattered and i just watched the pilot before I wrote my post. The doc, when examining the x ray, was saying the bullet was deflected by the plate and just came back out through his face.

I trust that Wilton had people out there to clear up everything but this is good grounds for topic [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Skav

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

The missing bullet

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:22 pm

Sorry to step into your topic.

knightimmortal

Skav
FLAG Operative

The missing bullet

Post by Skav » Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:18 pm

What do you mean? I enjoy listening to your 'Sherlock Holmes' reasoning.

Skav

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

The missing bullet

Post by knightshade » Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:29 pm

It was very good reasoning knightimmortal and it sounded fully pausible to me, so ::whips cape around shoulder:: "Off to the Knight Rider Archives to look it up!" Dun-da-da.

And here is what was said in the pilot. There's no guarantee that it wasn't mentioned in a different ep, but as far as the pilot goes, the bullet's whereabouts is still a mystery.

KNIGHT
Then how did he survive?

MILES
The man has a metal plate in his
forehead. Military surgery, I'd
suspect. It deflected the bullet
away from a dead center hit in his
brain and back out through his face.
We'll never know what he looked like.

Or where the bullet went.

Okay, I made that last sentence up. Sorry, I'm a bit loopy tonight.

[ August 12, 2002: Message edited by: knightshade ]

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

The missing bullet

Post by knightshade » Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:33 pm

Which, now that I look at it, begs the question, how could they not know what he looked like? They had been watching him trying to decide if he was 'The One.' You probably already have it, knightimmortal, but if not, how's that for a nitpick?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

The missing bullet

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:52 pm

This reminds me of how in Knightmares, Michael is so impressed that KITT's analyzer can identify where an expensive wallet was purchased; in reality, KITT just looked at the card inside.

The Foundation could have just looked in Michael's wallet. And even if Michael was working undercover, he probably would still have a fake ID with a photo.

Mike

Skav
FLAG Operative

The missing bullet

Post by Skav » Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:52 pm

I don't think they got as far as starting to watch him but rather they went through police and government files looking for a suitable partner for KITT and picked Michael Arthur Long as the 'one man that will make a difference'.

But, a file should contain a photo at least so it's still quite a nitpick.

Maybe they were, at that point, GOING TO follow him to see how he is on his regular job, after all, devon kept questioning how he would handle being the 'lone crusader' so nobody probably knew how he acted in his lifestyle before he was shot.

It was up to Mike to prove he was 'the one'!

Skav

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

The missing bullet

Post by knightshade » Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:24 pm

Hmm, I thought at some point they did say they have been watching him (or his career or something), but I could be wrong. But if I am wrong, they just happened to have really, really, good timing in arriving in the desert just in time to save him. I think they had to have been keeping tabs on him in some way in order for that to make sense. Since they got to him first, they couldn't have heard it over a police scanner. They must have known there was something wrong and to know where he was, they would have had to have been following him. And, if Wilton was in the helo (deathly ill as he was), then they knew it was a dire situation. So I think they were watching him.

But, as you say, Skav, even if they weren't, they still would have run across a picture of him in one of his files or as a last resort, his DL. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

WhiteBird
Rookie

The missing bullet

Post by WhiteBird » Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:26 am

I agree, they would have needed to be watching Michael in order for the emergency hellicopter (spelling ?) to make sense.
A lot of things in this series are a little vague as we all know. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Dreamchild
Volunteer

The missing bullet

Post by Dreamchild » Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:49 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightshade:
<STRONG>

KNIGHT
Then how did he survive?

MILES
The man has a metal plate in his
forehead. Military surgery, I'd
suspect. It deflected the bullet
away from a dead center hit in his
brain and back out through his face.
We'll never know what he looked like.

</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look who makes the statement - it's the doctor. This could quite easily mean that the foundation knew perfectly well what Michael originaly looked like, but Wilton didn't tell the doctor that because he wanted Michael's face completely reconstructed. That's my theory anyway.

Calum

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

The missing bullet

Post by knightshade » Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:49 pm

I think you've got a point, Callum. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] I didn't think about that. If the FLAG project was a little, oh, classified (as it might have been in the early days due to the Defense Department involvement) and then just kept quiet to protect the future operative *and* Wilton's technology, then the Doctor might not have known that tehy were keeping an eye on Michael. Although, he was in the helicopter with Wilton, so he would have known at least something. Or maybe he just didn't think about the fact that Wilton and company had seen what Michael looked like. Although, he gets lack of imagination points for saying that and not thinking that the man might have a driver's license. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

The missing bullet

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:52 pm

You know you all are nitpicking that comment a little too deeply. He simply meant that his face was so destroyed that we would never know what we would look like. It was a comment meant for dramaticism, and most likely meant that there wasn't enough left of his face to identify him without outside means. (ID, etc.)

knightimmortal

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

The missing bullet

Post by knightshade » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:38 pm

You're probably right. But it's an original topic that hasn't been discussed before.
I was just having fun. And the writers could have found a more precise way to be dramatic. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ August 13, 2002: Message edited by: knightshade ]

Skav
FLAG Operative

The missing bullet

Post by Skav » Wed Aug 14, 2002 12:33 am

i dunno wot ur talking about cos i can only see 2 pics in this thread. and i got confused too cos they both look quite the same cept the front fog lights are placed in diff areas and the hood is raised. that's all, really.

Skav

Skav
FLAG Operative

The missing bullet

Post by Skav » Wed Aug 14, 2002 12:36 am

er, oh damn....i completely posted the above in the wrong thread! lol!!! it was meant for the 'presenting the k3000' thread. disregard the above. hehe.

what i WAS gonna say in THIS thread(and i realise which one this is this time) is that given the fact that he was a Foundation doctor, i doubt Wilton would keep any secret from the doctor. well, how could he? any given secret that he kept from him, MIGHT have not saved Michael's life so i think Wilton would do everything in his power to keep him alive.

Skav

ManWhoDoesNotExsist
Volunteer

The missing bullet

Post by ManWhoDoesNotExsist » Thu Aug 15, 2002 8:15 pm

when the doctor said 'we'll never know what he looked like' i think he was referring to his own skills as a surgeon,

michael knight NEEDED a new face otherwise people would know that the body buried as michael long was fake, the finger prints were also altered deliberately for this reason
on another note though, michael long had brown eyes and our knight had blue, not sure how that was achieved on a permanent basis (mk didnt wear contact lenses, they dont give 100% vision 100% of the time which would be a liability in his line of work)

Skav
FLAG Operative

The missing bullet

Post by Skav » Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:38 am

r u sure there was a colour difference in the eyes? seems to me that the only colour was brown on both couterparts.

Skav

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

The missing bullet

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:43 am

There is a drastic color difference. David Hasselhoff has blue eyes. But Larry Anderson did seem to have brown eyes. But there is very little doubt that Hasselhoff has blue eyes.

knightimmortal

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

The missing bullet

Post by Knight2000 » Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:06 am

If you all recall, the bullet came out through Michael's face. This could have completely ripped out his eyes or something. The eyes would have to be replaced with new ones. Probably chose blue deliberately.

Skav
FLAG Operative

The missing bullet

Post by Skav » Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:15 am

isn't the eyes connected to the brain? i thought the metal plate was meant to have protected the brain from the impact of the bullet? so if the eyes were shot out, then i think he would have died instantly.

Skav

situ
Volunteer

The missing bullet

Post by situ » Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 am

I thought that the plate was in Michael Long's face because he had an injury in nam.
And needed the plate to suport the bone. The bullet could hit the plate in his forehead and then finaly stop to the bone? Does anyone know what was the gun that Tanya used?

situ
Volunteer

The missing bullet

Post by situ » Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:38 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightshade:
<STRONG>I think you've got a point, Callum. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] I didn't think about that. If the FLAG project was a little, oh, classified (as it might have been in the early days due to the Defense Department involvement) and then just kept quiet to protect the future operative *and* Wilton's technology, then the Doctor might not have known that tehy were keeping an eye on Michael. Although, he was in the helicopter with Wilton, so he would have known at least something. Or maybe he just didn't think about the fact that Wilton and company had seen what Michael looked like. Although, he gets lack of imagination points for saying that and not thinking that the man might have a driver's license. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does KITT have a driver's license [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]