Should KARR come back in the movie?

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KRR
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KRR » Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:19 pm

Maybe mention of KARR should be made in this new film, just so that if a sequel is made (if it even is about KARR) the storyline doesn't sound ludicrous and made up just for money, kinda like "Escape from the Planet of the Apes."

Sequels are made for the further exploration of partnerships and situations created in an original movie. It is safe in a sequel to explore a character's own past fully without reintroducting the character to the audience, as most of the people in the theatre will already know the characters from the first film.

This is why KARR would be best left to a sequel, if there is one, as the upcoming Knight Rider Movie will primarily be about updating the original KR storyline and reintroducing us to the new KITT and Michael Knight, leaving little room for evil twins.

Unless, of course, Larson changes his mind and decides to do a continuation, in which case I'm all for a KARR comeback. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:55 pm

How about this: Make the movie entirely about KARR; don't even have KITT in it. They could tweak the backstory a bit and make a movie about what happened when Wilton first activated KARR.

It wouldn't sell a lot of tickets, but it would be fun to see. I enjoy movies where the "hero" is a villian.

Mike

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:18 pm

Hey, yeah, you wouldn't have to worry about Hasselhoff's involvement then. You'd have a problem with recasting Wilton and Devon, but, hey, it would be worth a shot...

....nahhhhhhh

knightimmortal

SpACatta

Post by SpACatta » Thu Aug 22, 2002 4:19 pm

Just to touch on an older post on this thread, it was the Ferengi in Enterprise. The Romulans weren't introduced in TNG, and were known throughout the original series.

And even though I've seen two episodes of this show, I know exactly what you guys mean. Save KARR for the sequel. I'm not sure that everyone, especially non-KR-fans, would be able to take in the idea of an evil twin of a car.

situ
Volunteer

Post by situ » Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:03 am

Will KITT and Michael be in this movie?
Michael is old and KITT needs much updates to this millenium. Maybe it wuold be easier to redesing KITT than update it. Michael could take Devon's position in FLAG. This is the way I see "futuristic" KITT.

Well I hope that it will be more like the original one

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:25 pm

It has been said that at least KITT will be in the new movie. (for a full rundown...go to: http://www.knightrideronline.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=4 )

Uhhh, don't like your vision of KITT, too futuristic, and the cars weren't supposed to look futuristic, the whole premise was present day, present problems, present car.

knightimmortal

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:36 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Pajaro:
<STRONG>How about this: Make the movie entirely about KARR; don't even have KITT in it. They could tweak the backstory a bit and make a movie about what happened when Wilton first activated KARR.

It wouldn't sell a lot of tickets, but it would be fun to see. I enjoy movies where the "hero" is a villian.

Mike</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now *that* is a freakin' awesome idea...

Rusti

monte
Volunteer

Post by monte » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:02 pm

OH YES, MOST DEFINITELY!!!!

I do believe that KARR should make a
HUGE comeback, maybe for a KR movie sequel,
kinda like (ST2:The Wrath of Khan), on the
contrary, KARR should have KITT as a podna
to outbattle the outta control of crime
in the U.S. and KARR should have a female driver, NOT Shawn McCormick (KR 2000 movie),
anyways, YES YES YES, KARR should return,
on one condition, just as long as his
computer dash differs from KITT's. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]