Should KARR come back in the movie?

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Karr84
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Karr84 » Sat Aug 17, 2002 4:36 pm

Let's get a poll. Who thinks KARR should make a triumphant return in the new movie?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Aug 17, 2002 4:56 pm

No.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:30 pm

As much as I love him, no.

Knightimmortal

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:40 pm

I third that. its already been done twice.

scott

nawdle88
Recruit

Post by nawdle88 » Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:06 pm

No.

Karr84
Volunteer

Post by Karr84 » Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:26 pm

I hate you guys! LOL

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:32 pm

Sorry. Maybe if there is a second movie, it would work out nicely, but in the beginning, it most likely wouldn't.

knightimmortal

KRR
Rookie

Post by KRR » Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:35 pm

No.

The film is said to be going along the lines of a remake, and not a continuation from where the other films left off, so that means that the major aspect of the film is probably going to be the introduction of the car and his driver, just like the Pilot.

So it will probably take the whole film for a new audience to get used to the idea of a futuristic car in action, just as the Pilot helped us get used to KITT.

The introduction of an evil twin automobile (or reintroduction for KR:TOS fans) would probably just push the film over the edge of believeability; since it took the original audience one or two episodes to get used to the idea of KARR, so will it take another film for the newer audiences, which is why this would be best left for a sequel, if there is one.

Renegade
Stranger

Post by Renegade » Sat Aug 17, 2002 8:42 pm

I lost a lot of interest in that new 'enterprise' series. One on episode they had Romulans plunder the ship. Of course backtrack 15 years to the TNG series and the supposedly first time Romulans are encountered are by Picard and friends.

Really dumb how they are trying to improve a series by including old villians. Who's next, the borg and "Q"? in the 22nd century?

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:03 am

My answer reflects the other posts in this poll...No.

KARR is, after all, more of a sequel kind of enemy. Not a pilot type.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Renegade:
<STRONG>I lost a lot of interest in that new 'enterprise' series. One on episode they had Romulans plunder the ship. Of course backtrack 15 years to the TNG series and the supposedly first time Romulans are encountered are by Picard and friends.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't Enterprise about one of the ships that came before the original series? (I haven't really seen much of that show. Doesn't run in my area.) And, seeing as how Balance of Power in TOS was about the Romulans testing the boundries of the Treaty...AND THAT WAS BASED OFF OF OLD NEWS ABOUT THE FEDERATION/ROMULAN COLD WAR...I believe that Enterprise has perfect right to use Romulans as the bad guys.

But, are they sticking to the rule that during those battles, none of the ships had visual communications ability, thus neither side knew what the other side's people looked like?

libolt
Volunteer

Post by libolt » Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:29 am

Isn't Enterprise about one of the ships that came before the original series? (I haven't really seen much of that show. Doesn't run in my area.) And, seeing as how Balance of Power in TOS was about the Romulans testing the boundries of the Treaty...AND THAT WAS BASED OFF OF OLD NEWS ABOUT THE FEDERATION/ROMULAN COLD WAR...I believe that Enterprise has perfect right to use Romulans as the bad guys.

But, are they sticking to the rule that during those battles, none of the ships had visual communications ability, thus neither side knew what the other side's people looked like?[/QB][/QUOTE]

Just to clarify something as this thread goes more OT (Yes I'm an Enterprise Fan), I believe Renegade was referring to the Ferengi, not the Romulans. The Ferengi first appeared in TNG and their appearance in Enterprise has caused some fans to be upset.

Anyways I'll stop there.

Mike

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:57 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by libolt:
<STRONG>Just to clarify something as this thread goes more OT (Yes I'm an Enterprise Fan), I believe Renegade was referring to the Ferengi, not the Romulans. The Ferengi first appeared in TNG and their appearance in Enterprise has caused some fans to be upset.

Mike</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah....now THAT is a bad mistake on their part. While there were a ton of different races in the Trek universe, (Many from the original TV show and/or the movies were never seen in the newer series.) Ferengi were most certainly NOT suppose to be known about before TNG. (Never mind the Roswell bit.)

Ummmm.....back to some sort of topic...

How about my Knight Rider/Star Trek short fan fiction? (I don't know...)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:01 am

No!! the ending of K V K left great to the imagination but to see him, resurrected, no.

Same with Garthe. Am i the only one that think the 'goliath' eps were overrated? LOL.

Skav

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:24 am

IF the new movie is going to be a remake instead of a continuation then...I'd say all bets are off about what COULD HAVE happened with KARR. After all, with a remake, they can just pave right over the former and renew it in a newer image.

In a way, it's kind of sad to think that the new movie will just refresh from the start like that...I'm hoping that this renewal idea hasn't been set in stone, just yet.

KRR
Rookie

Post by KRR » Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:16 am

If the new movie is going to be a continuation and not a remake, from what point do you think it should start off? Voo Doo Knight? (God, NO!) Knight Rider 2000?

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KRR:
<STRONG>If the new movie is going to be a continuation...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I say at whatever time point they want it to.

David doesn't look like he used to and Devon is no longer possible. Even KITT will probably have to look radically different. So, I highly doubt they will pick up from Voo Doo...or any portion of the ficticious fifth season. After 2000 or 2010 would make far more sense. (Even if they ignore the movies that used those years in the title. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

Dreamchild
Volunteer

Post by Dreamchild » Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:29 am

Hmmm, personally I think bringing Karr back could work - if it is a continuation. If it's a remake then I agree it would be a bad idea to bring him back. However if they take up on the original storyline then an established bad guy might just work. The oft quoted example in threads of this ilk is the Star Trek movies and specifically Khan. They brought him back for the second film and -here's the crucial bit - managed to do it with little reference back to the original episode so that non-fans could follow it easily, yet enough continuity that fans could recognise the character. It's also worth remembering that it was The Wrath of Khan that launched the movie series into an ongoing franchise properly. The first film was nicknamed 'the motionless picture' due to it's slowness and non-fans really just didn't get it.
Simply? I think that Larson could pull it off.

Calum

(Knight Rider AND Star Trek in one post - this I like [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:15 am

i think that a KARR aperance in the Movie would be really great b/c there are no grearter shows then those with KARR in...
w00t 4 KARR!!

Karr84
Volunteer

Post by Karr84 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:57 am

Thank you, Knight of Sweeden! I agree,100%!

Renegade
Stranger

Post by Renegade » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:47 pm

Whoops, my error about 8 messages above. I meant Ferragi plundering the Enterprise ship, instead of Romulans.

I don't know when the romulans were first encountered but ferragi were supposedly met by Picard in like, season 2.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:39 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Renegade:
<STRONG>I don't know when the romulans were first encountered but ferragi were supposedly met by Picard in like, season 2.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Season 2??? You sure?

I'm not. But, the whole look of that episode screams season 1. Maybe, even amongst the first half-dozen episodes.

Then again, I suppose Picard stayed on the ship while the initial conflicts were made down on the planet's surface. And, due to the lack of power, no communications were made...

[ August 20, 2002: Message edited by: jup ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:46 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jup:
<STRONG>

Season 2??? You sure?

I'm not. But, the whole look of that episode screams season 1. Maybe, even amongst the first half-dozen episodes.

Then again, I suppose Picard stayed on the ship while the initial conflicts were made down on the planet's surface. And, due to the lack of power, no communications were made...

[ August 20, 2002: Message edited by: jup ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure it was season 1. Riker didn't have fur on his face.

We have sorta steered way off the topic here, huh?

Still no for KARR in the movie, as much as I hate saying it. Not this movie.

KI

[ August 20, 2002: Message edited by: knightimmortal ]

Knightwinger
Stranger

Post by Knightwinger » Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:58 pm

Certainly YES!! KARR must return, he is the Best!!!

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:09 pm

i think i have said before but i think it would be a bad move generally.
Im not totally against having KARR reborn again..just hope its not in this movie..though i've been thinking if in some way KITT was to be destroyed again!...and they have KARR in pieces at FLAG maybe they could rebuild KITT as a 80's T/A just how we love him...ahh hell im just holding on hopes that KITT would be back in the T/A again lol

K.I.T.T [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jayn
Volunteer

Post by Jayn » Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:47 pm

Well I don't think it's a bad idea myself, I mean wasn't KARR the original prototype of KITT? If they are going to make this movie like another introduction then they should include KARR. They can have them bild KARR then when they realize what the've done they would build another car to go after him.
What do you think? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Jay