Questions KR game?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Mike Knight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Here's a Knight Rider Game Idea.......

Post by Mike Knight » Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:41 pm

Tell me what you think, and feel free to make your own corrections to my idea...

Title: Knight Rider: Double Vision

System: Game Boy Advance

Story: It's business as usual at the Knight Foundation. Both Michael Knight and KITT are relaxing one peaceful day, when they get a distress message from Devon and Bonnie, who are attending a Technology festival. Suddenly, Devon and Bonnie have been kidnapped! The police report says that it was "A Man in a super-powered T-Top", which points directly to Michael and KITT. Now, Michael and KITT must look for every clue, get information out of every villainous underworld connection, and avoid the police to clear their names, and get Devon and Bonnie back! (The Villains of the game being Garth Knight and KARR, working together!)

Features:

-Full Montion Video & Voice Acting (Yes, the GBA can pull this off. It's a handheld Playstation for god's sake!)

-Choice to play as Micahel and drive KITT anytime(For example, you can choose to infiltrate any villain's hideout silently as Michael, or go blasting through the walls in KITT)

-One, big area to explore, with the ability to return to any place, anytime (Like a Metroid Game)

-Ability to call KITT for help, anytime (As long as your Comlink's power doesn't give out, of your on your own, but, as long as you Comlink works, you can call KITT if you're cornered in a fight, and he'll come driving in, and knock all the enemies over)

-Set in Real-Time! (Ex: When it is night for you, it's night in the game.)

-Since it's not level-by-level, pull into the Knight Industries Semi, still driven and operated by RC3, to save your game, whenever you come across the Semi. (It would be parked on the side of the road)

-Amazing 32-bit graphics! (The best the GBA has to offer!)

-Cameo by the A-Team

-Go anywhere, do anything! (Remember the first GBC Spider-Man game? It's kinda like that, where going one place, or doing one thing will open up a previously unreachable area of LA)

-All of KITT's functions, with lots of power (You still need to recharge your bullets, Laser, and other weapons [heck, just KITT in general] in the Semi, but since the semi comes along sparingly, then it's very hard to destroy KITT, but all of the enemies have weapons that negate your MBS!)

-Opening sequence from TV show (Yes, once again, I know that the GBA could pull it off)

-Able to track vehicles, with traking projectiles

-TV accurate dashboard for KITT

-Two views! Pause, and press L to change you view (While in KITT) to either behind the dahboard, or behind KITT on the outside.

-When controlling Michael, the view is in a 3rd person perspective!

-Actual Knight Rider musical score used!

Controls:

-L Button:
Michael: Call KITT
KITT: when paused: change the perspective
when unpaused: Fire Laser (Which has it's own battery, so it has many more shots)
-R Button:
Michael: Use Comlink to have KITT analyse or open locks.
KITT: Missles
-Start Button:
Pause
-Select Button:
Michael: Choose to use a fist, or tranquilizer gun.
KITT: Once paused, brings up a function screen, and lets you choose from a long list of weapons and functions, choose one, (and I mean a list! Everything from Microjam, to the HTDD, to the tracking scope, and Super-Pursiut Mode) and unpause, then "Select" will activate the selected weapon.
-A Button:
Michael: Jump
KITT: Turbo Boost
-B Button
Michael: Attack
KITT: Fire Machine Guns

Publisher: Davillex

---God, I really wish that the GBA version will be like this!

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Aug 23, 2002 6:13 pm

Sounds great.

BabsBunny
Rookie

Knight Rider game preview

Post by BabsBunny » Fri Aug 23, 2002 10:45 pm

*giggles* yeah Jup, but the antics that ensue as you try breaking into KITT would sure be entertaining! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I am SO getting this game!! I heard you can hear up to 9 hours of 80s music on the radio!!! Besdies, there's always skins! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:23 pm

With regards to the game not letting you play as Michael, I am also disappointed although things can change since its relatively early yet but it did say in the review that it describes the game as a 'racer'! So, this alone tells you it will be an ordinary car game....of course with a lot of differences [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

There are things I aint happy with though:

1. didn't like the dash although i can see why they used it as a basis of viewing your health and resources and it's quite clever but they do need to put more detail on the dash anyway

2. it might have been that the screenshots were quite blurry, but i didn't like the detail of the car too much. all i saw was a black...thing. things like the KNIGHT reg plate, headlights and backlights, exhaust, view of seats from back view etc...all need to be included. didn't see too much of this in the shots, myself.

however, they saw you mainly drive as kitt, but did mention you will play as michael when ejected from the car. this doesn't make sense. you obviously will assume the role of michael all along. just hope they don't forget him in the seat when you decide you want a back view of the car when driving!

that would be quite funny, lol.

Skav

Jayn
Volunteer

Post by Jayn » Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:36 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ThomasFairley:
[QB]There's a new Grand Theft Auto coming out at the end of the year, and according to an article in a magazine, you can drive such cars as KITT, the A Team Van and more: Take a look. [QUOTE]

Hey I was just wandering, is that game comming out on PC? It really looks cool and I really would like to play it..

Jay

ThomasFairley
Volunteer

Post by ThomasFairley » Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:48 am

There's a new Grand Theft Auto coming out at the end of the year, and according to an article in a magazine, you can drive such cars as KITT, the A Team Van and more: Take a look.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Aug 24, 2002 2:32 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Babs Bunny:
<STRONG>*giggles* yeah Jup, but the antics that ensue as you try breaking into KITT would sure be entertaining! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you never tried stealing an Ice Cream Truck in GTA 2. Instead of a horn, the ICT plays that terrible music. Just park the truck in a heavily populated area, let it sit there as lots of walkers pass by, then start playing the music. (Doesn't even need an engine rev.) Those people will run their hearts out TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM YOU. Now that is so incredibly funny to watch. Must be a town full of dieters. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sat Aug 24, 2002 3:37 am

The GBA CAN do FMV and 3D graphics (see batman and V Rally 3)...the major problem is that of memory space. I don't know the precise size of a GBA cartridge but I would guess its about 5mb. compare this with the CD based Playstation which probably has around 700mb. Thats the reason why developers choose to not use FMV and concentrate on the game itself.

Sarfraz

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:04 am

I read in Nintendo Power that a GBA Cartridge can hold like....... 3 copies of the largest games you can think of. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Behemoth
Recruit

Post by Behemoth » Sat Aug 24, 2002 6:17 pm

EuroGamer is your friend
http://www.eurogamer.net/news.php?id=21540

November 8th release date [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Behemoth

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Knight:
<STRONG>I read in Nintendo Power that a GBA Cartridge can hold like....... 3 copies of the largest games you can think of. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once upon a time, RAM & ROM chips were large things. As the years went by, more and more storage space could be contained inside these chips.

But, these days, our technology is becoming so powerful AND tiny that IBM can make these incredibly powerful CPU's that are paper thin and small enough to fit quite a few CPU's on a coin. Also, FlashCard technology is pretty impressive. I have this one FlashCard for my camera that is so small and thin that I am afraid of breaking it by handling it, yet it holds 128 Megabytes of RAM. And (if a GBA cart is as big as I think it is) I bet a dozen or more of these sized FlashCards could be stashed and interconnected inside a GBA cartridge. (128 X 12 = 1,536 megabytes of ROM. WOW!!! With that technology around, why would anyone still need a 1.44 meg floppy?)

The only glitch in this FlashCard technology for GBA carts? That camera card ran over $100. Now, who's going to buy a $100+ game? (Outside of Neo-Geo users.)

dinknight
Volunteer

Post by dinknight » Sun Aug 25, 2002 12:26 am

If KITT were in GTA:VC, he should be allowed to crash into some buildings now won't he?

knightrider_ni
Operative

Knight Rider Computer Game

Post by knightrider_ni » Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:09 pm

driver was a bad game on the GBA because it had a bad development group and shouldn't be seen as an example of the hardware at all(!!), but have a go at V Rally 3 on it, or Ecks V Sever (especially with the lights off and earphones in for the latter one) on the GBA and you'll be blown away! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

at the moment the GBA is the only system worth my money, though i'll probably get the gamecube when the kr appears, but not before then. i dont like the PS2 or XB, not at all, but i do like the GC. just at the mo i'm wanting to spend my cash on getting the GBA kitted out. it being a portable system makes it worth its weight in gold, and a better system for me because i'm not fussed in getting a big tv videogame system as i would never play them. i'm just not interested in them anymore, but the GBA is a completely different kettle of fish, as i'm not restricted to having to play my games on one tv in the one house.

it may be a different game, who knows, but even if its not it'll still rock [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

i think the KR game isn't getting any publicity yet because maybe there's no point yet? who knows what'll happen nearer the time. maybe they know they're release date of october is not going to be met and so they're not trying to hype it up yet so they're not rushed into finishing it. who knows? could be many reasons, but i can see it getting well-advertised [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] especially with it being so popular again, especially in the UK and Europe and with the new movie already being picked up by the press so much.

Behemoth
Recruit

Post by Behemoth » Sun Aug 25, 2002 3:41 pm

Not wishing to sound like a parrot and I really hate repeating myself, but . . . .
http://www.eurogamer.net/news.php?id=21540

The game will be released on November 8th.

Behemoth

Zarate
Volunteer

Post by Zarate » Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:56 pm

Sucks that the game isn't for mac but who knows one of the mac game developers might get the rights to port it

Anyway if u don't have a next gen console buy a gamecube it has better graphics than PS2 and is cheaper granted not the largest gaming library but thats gonna change...xbox sucks and i think anyone with a brain can tell that

Zarate
Volunteer

Post by Zarate » Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:03 pm

The GBA is not a handheld ps1 just because it has the same bits and mhz as the ps1

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:11 pm

To Mike Pajaro,
Don't give up on the Knight Rider game coming to Mac just yet--Aspyr puts a lot of effort into bringing big PC games to the Mac platform, such as Star Trek: Elite Force and most of the Sims titles. We may still see a port of it soon!

P.S. BTW, semi-off topic but I'd love to go for the new dual 1.25 Ghz G4 if I had the money! It'd put all the regular PC users out there to shame!

KRR
Rookie

Post by KRR » Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:33 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KFCreator:
<STRONG>To Mike Pajaro,
Don't give up on the Knight Rider game coming to Mac just yet--Aspyr puts a lot of effort into bringing big PC games to the Mac platform, such as Star Trek: Elite Force and most of the Sims titles. We may still see a port of it soon!

P.S. BTW, semi-off topic but I'd love to go for the new dual 1.25 Ghz G4 if I had the money! It'd put all the regular PC users out there to shame!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Cept for all us PC users who have a 2 Ghz Pentium 4 [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ August 25, 2002: Message edited by: KRR ]

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Sun Aug 25, 2002 10:06 pm

I'm not saying it is. I'm saying that it has the power of a Playstation.

Would you prefur: "It's a handled with half the power of an N64!"?

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Mon Aug 26, 2002 12:34 am

You mean that *nobody* has yet to make a Win-"DOH!*s emulator for Mac, yet? (Not even Bill?)

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Mon Aug 26, 2002 10:42 am

Actually,the newset PowerMacs can outperform even the fastest Pentiums right now when it comes to graphics processing given the PowerPC architecture, the G4 chip, and Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti graphics cards. Not to mention OS X, which is hands-down the most rock-solid, beautiful OS around right now. ;-) Anad yes, there are plenty of PC emulators out there for Mac right now, the best being Connectix's Virtual PC 5 that can run Windows XP just as well as,if not better than,some PC's.

P.S. Just to keep this on-topic, I am planning on having the new Knight 3000 car that I designed run on an Apple-based supercomputer CPU that runs natively on OS X as well as supports all Windows applications too. The best of both worlds!

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:39 pm

And you know why us PC users are remaining so quiet?

Because it is entertaining to watch Apple users blow their own horn about how great everything is, while we PC users go right on ahead doing work as normal.

KFCreator, it's Knight Rider. Do you really think that Wilton Knight and his team would use another company's stuff? If you do, you really are limiting the vehicle. Neither an Apple, nor Windows operating system can handle the multi-function operations that a system like KITT would need.

Now, when you all are done comparing whose is bigger, you can go back to talking about the Computer game.

knightimmortal

[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: knightimmortal ]

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:28 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightimmortal:
<STRONG>KFCreator, it's Knight Rider. Do you really think that Wilton Knight and his team would use another company's stuff? If you do, you really are limiting the vehicle. Neither an Apple, nor Windows operating system can handle the multi-function operations that a system like KITT would need.

Now, when you all are done comparing whose is bigger, you can go back to talking about the Computer game.

knightimmortal</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that most of us already know that KITT's was "biggest" then, and is still "biggest" now. After all, much of Kitt's technology was specially built to be used in Foundation equipment, only. And, if they never share, how in the world could the Apple's and IBM oranges ever get a chance to ever upgrade. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

OK. That's enough of this reality/fantasy blending junk. Time to catch the next stage coach to the mile long rocket that shoots men to the eye of the moon. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Behemoth
Recruit

Post by Behemoth » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:31 pm

Well said, I was getting a bit sick of seeing "Mac's are better than PC's" It's all down to pesonal choice, if you prefer a mac, then more power to you, you go and use your Mac. Just don't moan when the game isn't released on the mac platform.

Behemoth

Redraptor
Stranger

Game pics at ign.com

Post by Redraptor » Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:53 pm

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/368/368599p1.html

Lots of neat pics [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
The game looks nice.