Good car chases

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Good car chases

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Aug 08, 2002 10:16 pm

I'm helping a friend with an editing project, and I'm looking for KR car chase scenes. Just about every episode has at least one, but are there any that stick out in you mind as being particularly well-edited? I'm not looking for stunts, just good driving footage. (Yes, everyone loves the KARR and Goliath scenes, but I'm hoping people could share some of their more obscure favorites.)

Mike

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Good car chases

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:10 pm

I have a personal soft spot for the car chase scenes in A Nice, Indecent, Little Town, especially the one where the little old lady is leading the cops on a wild goose chase.

I guess I am strange, but I always thought that one was put together fairly nicely.

knightimmortal

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Good car chases

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:23 pm

I personally enjoyed the chase sequence in "Diamonds Aren't a Girl's Best Friend"...the music was incredible, not to mention a picture perfect turbo boost over the stalled cars! I still get goosebumps!

Joe

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Good car chases

Post by jup » Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:37 pm

i've always liked that scene where Michael things he is Michael Long and KITT has to convince him to get in. I know it's not really all that much of a chase...KITT chasing Michael on foot and all, but I still have always liked it and thought of it as well put together.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Good car chases

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:23 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightimmortal:
<STRONG>I have a personal soft spot for the car chase scenes in A Nice, Indecent, Little Town, especially the one where the little old lady is leading the cops on a wild goose chase.
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow... very funny that you mention that. I already grabbed the sequence from the first car chase in that episode (the one around town with the skiing) but didn't think to add the chase with Aunt Martha. I guess it's more evidence that Indecent Town stands out as one of those "obscure favorites."

Mike

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Good car chases

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:57 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Huth:
<STRONG>I personally enjoyed the chase sequence in "Diamonds Aren't a Girl's Best Friend".</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... OK, KITT looks pretty good in that sequence, but I can't say the same for Hasselhoff. He looks downright goofy at the end when he has to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting a truck. Not one of his prouder moments.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Good car chases

Post by Joe Huth » Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:57 pm

I'll definately have to agree with you there, Mike.

Joe

Skav
FLAG Operative

Good car chases

Post by Skav » Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:04 pm

even though the pic is funny, how would you react when there is a big ass truck in your face? lol!!!

but ur right...however, i can pick lots of moments from diff eps where mike has looked goofy.

always did think the part where michael leans back quick when he turbo boosts to be dumb.

Skav

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Good car chases

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:12 pm

Some of the car chase scenes from Custom KITT, (when they are chasing the stolen car), and Deadly Knightshade (chasing the hurse) are pretty decent.

knightimmortal

knightrider_ni
Operative

Good car chases

Post by knightrider_ni » Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:40 am

never liked the chase sequences in n.i.l.t. they were very poorly edited, a horrible big ramp was visible AND a cameraman inside KITT with all of his camera gear at the end of that chase! jesus! that whole episode was very poorly directed and edited i thought, with huge gaping wounds of mistakes visible during chases and stunts - shame, as it coulda been a great episode, and that turbo boost could easily have been the best of the series!

its hard to pick out chase sequences, but the effects they used (both on KITT and in postproduction to get the impact of speed along the highways) were SUPERB in Knight Behind Bars. sends a chill down my spine everytime i see KITT speed along those couple of long roads, all lit up, great SFX going superbly, and the post-effects they added too.

WoW! (to sum it up [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img])

KRAvenger
Rookie

Good car chases

Post by KRAvenger » Sat Aug 10, 2002 10:09 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightimmortal:
<STRONG>Some of the car chase scenes from Custom KITT, (when they are chasing the stolen car), and Deadly Knightshade (chasing the hurse) are pretty decent.

knightimmortal</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, not to be nitpicky or anything, but did You mean to misspell "hearse?" just wondering.

Newcastle knight
Operative

Good car chases

Post by Newcastle knight » Sat Aug 10, 2002 11:53 am

does it have to be Michael behind the wheel ? When Tino takes KITT for a blast in Silent Knight is funny.

and are we sticking to just chasing cars ?? how about helicopters ?!? lol

the chase in hearts of stone is brill, from the moment michael asks KITT if there is a car outside to when he's driving away from a failed attempt to board the chopper, engine growling and all. and also the helicopter encounter in Just My Bill is good too.

scott

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Good car chases

Post by Knight of Sweden » Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:38 pm

well the ones with KARR are always funny and cool.. and as Knightinmortal said the one in CustomKITT is good...

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Good car chases

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:56 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KRAvenger:
<STRONG>

Um, not to be nitpicky or anything, but did You mean to misspell "hearse?" just wondering.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, not to be nitpicky or anything, but do you know that 'you' is not capitalized when used in the middle of a sentence? Just wondering.

KI

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Good car chases

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:55 am

One thing we've learned is that TV has sped up alot over the last 2 decades. The Knight Rider chase scenes have about 42 cuts in a 2 minute sequence. TKR (and other movies) had up to 88.

Just a video geek observation.

Mike

KRAvenger
Rookie

Good car chases

Post by KRAvenger » Sun Aug 11, 2002 11:09 am

Not to be nitpicky or anything, but can I not offer spelling and ggrammar help without being raked over the coals? I would like some clarification on the ruling.I guess you're telling me to mind My own business, fine.

SadArticle
Operative

Good car chases

Post by SadArticle » Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:37 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Newcastle knight:
<STRONG>does it have to be Michael behind the wheel ? When Tino takes KITT for a blast in Silent Knight is funny.

scott</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I liked the Tino scene too. It wasn't exactly a chase, but it played on the power element of Kitt - what would it be like to try and control that car, if the driver wasn't aware of what was under the hood? That's why I liked it anyway. Also, it was Kitt driving away from Michael - it shows how Michael really relies on Kitt. There's a similar scene in 'Custom KITT', when Kitt is 'stolen'.

See why I haven't been posting? It's a dangerous excursion into my brain, when I do! [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Sarah

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Good car chases

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Aug 11, 2002 9:16 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KRAvenger:
<STRONG>Not to be nitpicky or anything, but can I not offer spelling and ggrammar help without being raked over the coals? I would like some clarification on the ruling.I guess you're telling me to mind My own business, fine.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And here is my ruling. Before you try to correct others, you had better make sure that all of your mistakes don't exist, what you dish out, gets dished right back. I will fully admit that I make occasional spelling mistakes. I am not perfect. Nobody is perfect. Sometimes we ask people to try to take a little more care in their work, but if you are going to spend your time picking on every little spelling and grammar mistake, then you are going to be exhausted. If it has an impact on the message, fine. If it is a small mistake, get over it.

knightimmortal

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Good car chases

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Aug 12, 2002 12:58 am

Here's MY ruling. Stop it.

Here's the test people should ask themselves before posting:

Are you pointing out errors to help clarify something on the board for other members? Or are you looking for an excuse to point out someone else's mistake?

First one good. Second one bad.

Mike