K.I.T.T. vs K.A.R.R.

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K-A-R-R
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

K.I.T.T. vs K.A.R.R.

Post by K-A-R-R » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:29 pm

Does anyone have the episode K.I.T.T. vs K.A.R.R. on video? If so I would be most grateful if someone could please send me a copy, and if not does anyone know when said episode will be next broadcast? I ask as I am a big fan of Knight Rider and K.A.R.R. is my fave villain.

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:51 pm

ihave it both taped and on my Computer..
u can add me on Msn..
send me a private msg and ill send u my MSN.
regards KOS

Dumbledore
Rookie

Post by Dumbledore » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:06 pm

i dont have it on tape, but i do have it on my computer

Knight_Rider2004
Volunteer

Post by Knight_Rider2004 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:53 pm

I too have it on my computer but it is not very well...

"I am the first in line of a bold new experiment. You may call me KARR"

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:16 am

Well with a bit of luck now the states have the 1st DVD boxset on the way the uk won't be far behind.

Once that happen's it's just a matter of time before season 3 with KItt vs Karr gets released.

If you do want to watch it you could get it on bravo they have listing's of episode's on their web site.

I don't think it's a good idea to talk about having episode's on a computer on asking for copies on the board.

Knight Rider like anything else has copy right and it could refect badly on here I feel.

beside's evry thing come to those who wait and when it does get on DVD the quiality will be A1.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:28 am

I'd have to agree with whet on this one, lets not talk about copies of episodes on ones computer. That is a gray area that could cause some potential problems.

I long for the complete series on DVD so these threads can be reduced ;)

Also, I don't know how easy it is to get one in the UK, but in the states you can get a region free player for like 50 bucks or so. I know someone who exported it to the UK and it works fine. The brand was Cyberhome, perhaps thats a route for you UK fans.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:42 am

Getting A region free DVD here in the Uk is easy and inxespensive.

I have seen them for as little as £30 from online store's.
So as long as your tv is NTSC compatable your ok.

amazon.com is the only site i have seen at the moment that are shipping the DVD to the uk.

Knight_Rider2004
Volunteer

Post by Knight_Rider2004 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:12 pm

I don't get bravo but I long for the season1 DVD in august

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:56 pm

Yes, over here in the UK at least, I have come to find that you can only purchase region free players at online stores only. Not on the highstreet, as it's not allowed.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:24 pm

That's intresting I did not know that you can't get one on the high street Skav.

Any idea the reason for that??

rockykabir
Volunteer

Post by rockykabir » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:36 pm

Skav wrote:Yes, over here in the UK at least, I have come to find that you can only purchase region free players at online stores only. Not on the highstreet, as it's not allowed.

Skav
Are you sure? Virgin were trying to sell me one a couple of weeks back :?
Last edited by rockykabir on Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:17 am

rockykabir, did they actually state that it's multi-region? i only said i personally have come to find it's not allowed, from gathering my own info as everytime i came to talk about it with a salesman at a dvd store, they just smile and prefer to change the subject.

if they do that, i just gathered it's not allowed and also the fact i've never come across a multiregion player on the highstreet.

however, owning a region free player, is generally frowned upon by the film studios because they don't like consumers from, say, UK seeing an american film on dvd while it's in the cinema there.

i suppose they lose money over it as they want you to watch it in the cinema, rent it and then buy it. :roll:

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rockykabir
Volunteer

Post by rockykabir » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:17 am

My cousin wanted to buy a dvd player so we browsed through a couple of shops. We popped into a Virgin megastore and we got into a conversation with a (I have to say, fiiine :D ) store assistant talking about why we didn't want to buy a PS2 as we needed a multiregion dvd player among other things ;) .

She then directed us to some cheap brand multiregion dvd player that also played mp3s. I dunno, maybe policies have changed since then due to the ease in getting region 1 dvds these days :?

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:09 pm

Hmmm, I think its more to with large stores (eg Dixons) not wanting to sell multi-region players...thus staying on side with manufacturers. I bought my multi-region dvd player some five years ago (Toshiba DVD player that has 2 disc drive, still the best quality player I have seen) from an Euronics store. Euronics are an independant but have stores pretty much everywhere. They overtly sell the multi-region specified players, and don't seem to be that fussed about it.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:53 pm

Alot of the times, the feature to view any region is not an advertised one, but rather one accessed through a hidden menu. so perhaps they may not be able to advertise them, but they may actually have them...

if you do some research or maybe even goto dvdrhelp.com and check out their dvd player area, you can find out which players have what features, and if any of them are unadvertised.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:51 pm

The two DVD players (the others a cheap Sumsung for the bedroom) I have don't require any hidden menu fiddling. Simply put the disc in and play. I know alot of players come with region-unlocking (through bizarre video game-cheating style button pressing) but it seems pointless when you could get a region-free player for £10 on top of the players price. £10 for hassle free viewing seems a small price to buy....and that was 5 years ago. Coincidently, the Toshiba player I got and still have cost about £300 ($500?) back then.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"