My visit (sort of) to Revolution Studios

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Mar 20, 2002 5:50 pm

I stopped by Revolution Studios today and dropped off a wine, bread, and cheese gift basket with a card that said "We're all looking forward to seeing Knight Rider on the big screen. Best Wishes for the new project."

I gave it to someone from development and told him to share it with his group. He seemed a little confused by the basket at first, but I think he genuinely appreciated it.

Mike www.newKnightRider.com

[ March 21, 2002: Message edited by: Michael Pajaro ]

Annubis
Stranger

Post by Annubis » Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:43 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Pajaro:
<STRONG>I stopped by Revolution Studios today and dropped off a wine, bread, and cheese gift basket with a card that said "We're all looking forward to seeing Knight Rider on the big screen. Best Wishes for the new project."

I gave it to someone from development and told it to share it with his group. He seemed a little confused by the basket at first, but I think he genuinely appreciated it.

Mike www.newKnightRider.com</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

O.K. Isn't that going a little too far? I think if I were that guy, I would go, 'STALKER!' Then scream like a girl and run out shouting 'THE GERBILS COMING'
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Wed Mar 20, 2002 8:00 pm

Ever heard the rumor not to believe everything you hear? When Glen told us the news he was writing the script I sent him a piece of Knight Rider history but I didn't think wine, cheese and roses were acceptable.

You should have brough them one of your KITT cars from your collection!

Richie

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Mar 20, 2002 8:10 pm

We are a greedy bunch.

We want somebody to make a Knight Rider movie for us.

But they better tell us what's going on. Now.
And KITT MUST be a black Trans Am.
And Hasselhoff needs to be in it.
And they have to keep the music.
And demand after demand after demand.

So instead of all the usual "gimme gimme gimme" attitude that we have fun chatting about on the board, I thought it would be a nice gesture to say, "hey, you know what? thanks for doing this. We're behind you."

If that makes me a stalker or somehow inappropriate, so be it.

Mike http://www.newknightrider.com

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Wed Mar 20, 2002 8:16 pm

Actually I thought your idea was cute Mike. I just think you are jumping the gun a bit. You are the one who has taught us not to believe everything we hear and to be patient.

I am just afraid of what the image of Knight Rider will now be. Just remember how bad the Charlie's Angels movie was and my concerns are justified.

The only solace I have is that Larson is writing it and he is actually listening to Joe and I [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] when we suggested he go back to his roots.

Richie

[ March 20, 2002: Message edited by: knightvision ]

Annubis
Stranger

Post by Annubis » Wed Mar 20, 2002 8:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Pajaro:
<STRONG>We are a greedy bunch.

So instead of all the usual "gimme gimme gimme" attitude that we have fun chatting about on the board, I thought it would be a nice gesture to say, "hey, you know what? thanks for doing this. We're behind you."

Mike http://www.newknightrider.com</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one! May the Gerbil be with you.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Wed Mar 20, 2002 10:13 pm

hehe I could make it really easy on them from my point of view. "No new Knight Rider, please for the love of god!" I'm sorry but I just don't see this as a great idea. Even if Larson is involved or Hasselhoff plays Michael Knight (I'm sorry I just don't think he is a good actor) or they keep the theme song the same... its gonna turn into a joke. Super Knight Rider 3000 huh? I at least hope Hasselhoff was trying to be funny when he said that.

Knight Rider was awesome for what it was, it has a perfect image in my head and many others. Why blow this all? Knight Rider was never aimed at Teeny Boppers. It was aimed for everyone. Hasselhoff was for the women, and KITT was for the kids/adolescent adults just learning/waiting to drive, and Bonnie and Hasselhoffs hot woman of the week was for us guys. Ok so Knight Rider 2000 wasn't best the wrap up movie, but still why fix something that's no broken? Just leave it alone for what it was. I mean unless you got some killer script (from the sounds of it, its being rushed together by Larson) why chance it? Worst of all, suddenly its going to the kids? I guess I'm alone in thinking the Fast and The Furious was a bit dual and not as much of as an adrenalin rush as they advertised it to be. Or maybe I'm just not into rice burners. I don't know. I just hope they do this right. Charlie's Angels may have mad a box office hit, but the movie was quit dumb. (Bill murry claims he never even read the script, and while he may have been cracking a joke, I can believe it!!) Don't even make me bring up the Brady Bunch movies, they made another lame joke out of a tv show that was already a joke.

*Ken crosses his fingers and only hopes*
[img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Mar 20, 2002 10:44 pm

Again, I think we're blowing things out of proportion.

For starters, Knight Rider WAS a show targeting young boys. Yes, it also appealed to women and older guys, but the scripts were written at a level that would best appeal to teen boys. That doesn't say anything about the quality of show, that's just the way it was.

There is NOTHING that says this is going to be a kiddie movie. I don't want them to make a movie that will play well in the Springfield Retirement Castle. It should appeal to the 'action-oriented youthful demo". People are obsessing over the very flippant "Fast & Furious" comment... that was just an example.

Mike

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 20, 2002 10:44 pm

<STRONG>We are a greedy bunch.

Mike http://www.newknightrider.com</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They make the money, and we are greedy? Hmm, interesting concept.

Inappropriate? No. Strange. Very.

Let's just hope that what they come out with isn't a total joke.

Oh, and I think the huge problem is that teen boys of the 80's and teen boys of the 00's are two drastically different types. The show that was created then to appeal to the youth of the time, is so drastically different today, that it causes feelings of discomfort.

knightimmortal

"We are human, we are entitled to complain. It is in our nature, if you don't like it, become a dog." --Some famous guy whose name eludes me at this point.

[ March 20, 2002: Message edited by: knightimmortal ]

KRAvenger
Rookie

Post by KRAvenger » Wed Mar 20, 2002 11:38 pm

<STRONG>Again, I think we're blowing things out of proportion.

For starters, Knight Rider WAS a show targeting young boys. Yes, it also appealed to women and older guys, but the scripts were written at a level that would best appeal to teen boys. That doesn't say anything about the quality of show, that's just the way it was.

There is NOTHING that says this is going to be a kiddie movie. I don't want them to make a movie that will play well in the Springfield Retirement Castle. It should appeal to the 'action-oriented youthful demo". People are obsessing over the very flippant "Fast & Furious" comment... that was just an example.

Mike</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sure hope so- I'll be "Fast and Furious" if They make yet another "Racing episode" that plagued the show in it's second season.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:22 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KRAvenger:
<STRONG>

I sure hope so- I'll be "Fast and Furious" if They make yet another "Racing episode" that plagued the show in it's second season.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha ha! Good one KRA!

Mike

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:28 am

Oh come on the racing episodes were not that bad! I'll admit they did to many of that type of episode, but KITT was a car and well some of my favorite KR episdoes have to do with racing like Knights of the Fast Lane and Give Me Libery...

Richie