Bonnie and April question.

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Chrishayley1
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Chrishayley1 » Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:56 pm

Why does Bonnie appear in season 1, April in season 2, and Bonnie reappears in seasons 3 and 4?
Answers welcommed..

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Sat Apr 13, 2002 7:05 pm

Mostly because Patricia McPherson got fired after the first season. I know someone (Mike, maybe?) had information about it. Apparently she was making a lot of suggestions (including Bonnie and Michael having a relationship) that didn't go over well. I don't know exactly why they brought her back. I don't know if they decided she was more popular or if there was something else going on, but supposedly David Hasselhoff was in favor of her coming back. I don't remember all the details but someone around here has more info. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Apr 13, 2002 8:08 pm

It was more that the Powers-That-Be wanted someone a little "flashier" in the role... Patricia is obviously both very beautiful, but they figured a hot redhead would be better. They figured wrong, and Bonnie came back.

Mike

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Sat Apr 13, 2002 9:39 pm

Ya know, that must've been pretty hard for Patricia to swallow, especially depending on how she found out about her being fired. Perhaps she had suspicions so it wasn't much of a surprise. Yet, she must've known that it was for more of the "eye candy" appeal, and that must've burnt her buns real good - would've mine.

Dilky Way Mark

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Apr 14, 2002 7:14 pm

Yeah, but Patricia's feelings were probably smoothed over a bit by Hasselhoff and Mulhare insisting for her to come back. (Yet more of those little factoids that float around out there.)

knightimmortal

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:28 pm

There were many factors that led to McPherson's firing but here were the reasons Patricia gave:

1) That basically once Cinader died (for those who don't know he was Larson's choice to helm the executive producer's chair) she knew she was in trouble.

2) Robert Foster took over after episode 13(Hearts of Stone) and McPherson says that he never recipricated the good feelings on the set that were there before he arrived.

3) As Mike pointed out they wanted to go with T and A(for those who don't know feel free to ask what it means) and basically Foster hand picked Rebecca Holden.

There is a little bit more of it then just that but that will have to be saved for the Unofficial Guide. Sorry [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Richie http://www.knightriderlegacy.com
Co-Author of Knight Rider Legacy: An Unoffical Guide to the Knight Rider Universe

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Sun Apr 14, 2002 11:15 pm

It's a shame that great talent like Patricia so often gets the snub for mindless bimboes.
Not that I'm calling Holden a bimbo, I don't know her personally, but sheesh, I think Patricia was immensely more able to carry the role, and also, I think she was quite beautiful. What was the episode in which she dressed up in the shiny sequine dress...Knight Sting? I'm not 100% sure, but I know she looked darned good, so I don't see why they needed to look elsewhere for beauty, when she had all they needed(and all I could stand without heart failure). I think she would've looked great in the little midriff-showing outfits and such, instead of April. Whadyall think? I think management made a big boo boo that year.

Darknight

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Mon Apr 15, 2002 6:39 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darknight:
<STRONG>
What was the episode in which she dressed up in the shiny sequine dress...Knight Sting?

Darknight</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny you should mention that. My boyfriend and I were watching Knight Sting a week ago (he's seen a grand total of about 4 episodes in his lifetime) and we were having a good laugh about Bonnie's wardrobe. The hideous sequened jumpsuit in the credits, the horrible gold 'Alica Craven-Hall' dress with shoulder pads fit for a linebacker. But we had to admit that the blue and purple dress is actually back in style. That little shimmery, backless top to the dress would not look out of place in a club these days.

And that's all from knightshade's fashion corner for today. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:20 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Pajaro:
<STRONG>It was more that the Powers-That-Be wanted someone a little "flashier" in the role... Patricia is obviously both very beautiful, but they figured a hot redhead would be better. They figured wrong, and Bonnie came back.

Mike</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't diss redheads.

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:23 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightshade:
<STRONG>

But we had to admit that the blue and purple dress is actually back in style. That little shimmery, backless top to the dress would not look out of place in a club these days.

And that's all from knightshade's fashion corner for today. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought she looked stunning in the latter outfit. And, speaking of back in fashion - the white shirt with black tie 'ensemble' Bonnie wore for the trophy photos in 'Give Me Liberty..' (I have a collection of screenshots courtesy of Knightshade [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] ) has been popping up in shops a lot recently. My mum made a 'been there, done that' confession when I pointed out an example (one of only a few of her admissions that hasn't horrified me), so perhaps Bonnie was high fashion... It was the 80s, after all [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Sarah

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Tue Apr 16, 2002 6:56 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SadArticle:
<STRONG>

so perhaps Bonnie was high fashion... It was the 80s, after all [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Sarah</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And maybe its the 20 year cycle coming around again. ::shutters:: I have seen those one strap shirts (of Flashdance fame) on and off the past couple of years.

-ks

Who vows never to wear shoulder pads. I cut them out in the 80's, I will do the same now. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]