KITT Function Game

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightRider2000
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT Function Game

Post by KnightRider2000 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:59 pm

Hey I got a cool game too. Someone name's a situation, than another person name's KITT function to use. For example: "Very narrow alley in front of KITT" Then someone would answer "Ski Mode". Okay let me start one:

KITT is going down a steep hill so steep that he can't stop before he falls off a cliff at the bottom.

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:12 pm

Use the parachute.
Knight Industries Defence One

KnightRider2000
Operative

KITT Functions

Post by KnightRider2000 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:16 pm

Ummmmmmmmm, the parchute can work (depending on the height of the cliff), so i guess that 's right. I was looking more "Reverse Turbo Thrusters" as seen in the episode when KITT and Michael go under cover as trained operatives to prevent the assination of those diplomats. However yours was good and could work. Anyone got any other situations?

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:19 pm

Parachute could catch on stuff and rip. Besides, I think the parachute wasn't located in the trunk area.

How about the rear grapling hook, instead?

I like this game a whole lot more then that almost mindless "name a KR word w/back-to-back letters" game. This one makes a person think. So, do we name another situation, once it's generally agreed that the former one has been solved? (Trying to avoid throwing too many situations into the ring at once, of course.)

KnightRider2000
Operative

Game

Post by KnightRider2000 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:25 pm

After you answer one then name a new situation.

-KnightRider2000

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:30 pm

Um... Kitt finds himself in Goliath speeding down some highway.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:42 pm

kido wrote:Um... Kitt finds himself in Goliath speeding down some highway.
Inside Goliath, eh...

Can't bash through any of the walls. That terrible MBS insures that. Plus, no room for Turbo Boost.

Laser's useless.

I suppose MicroJam is an option. But, what could KITT do? (I'm guessing that the keypad on Goliath's rear door is protected...erm...probably not. OK, then...)

KITT uses MicroJam to unlock the keypad AND physically open the locking bars from the outside. The motion swings open Goliath's rear doors, allowing KITT to escape.

And, since there is no mention of Michael, I will say that KITT retreats to safe ground, NOT facing down that mechanical brute.

I can think of two other possibilities. One, KITT takes control of Goliath's basic controls with the MicroLock. But, what purpose would that serve? And, two is that KITT communicates with the Foundation. But, again, what does FLAG have that can counter Goliath without KITT's assistance? Perhaps, a combo of the two???

Any other opinions on this situation?

KnightRider2000
Operative

KITT Functions

Post by KnightRider2000 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:44 pm

Now, now have we forgotten our pilot episode already? "Nobody survives a head-on-collision with a semi, no one". KITT turbo boosted right over him. Another thing that they can do is shoot the laser at Golith's rockets, the don't have a MBS (or else they never would explode). But turbo boost would work the best.

-KnightRider2000

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:13 pm

The catch word is 'in' rather then 'in front of'. KITT can't hit the rockets, nor turbo boost anywhere from inside of Goliath.

I had to read that line a couple times to see where KITT was at, too.

KnightRider2000
Operative

KITT inside Goliath

Post by KnightRider2000 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:37 pm

Oh, he's inside? That's easy then. The door is electronic he can microjam it and open it form the inside. Then just turbo boost and the doors should fling open.

-KnightRider2000

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:09 pm

All good,now for the next situation.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:50 pm

KITT Finds Him Self Needing To Get To A Place 5 Minute Away at top speed (SPM and all) and he needs to get there in 3. There is no better way to go. How does he do it?

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:22 am

Turbo Boost of course! Plus, the rocket boosters could prove useful.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:17 pm

For this to work, we'll have to say that the destination is not in a direct sight of line, KITT is inside a city gridmap landscape and there are "shortcuts" available.

I'd say that (taking the old video game, San Francisco Rush, into thought) KITT drives the unplanned, vehicular route, by turbo boost jumping through every alley way (with obstacles), pathway AND rooftop he can squeeze through/reach while doing 300+ MPH (Good thing he's a computer with tons of sensory devices to see everything that's around to avoid.) to arrive at this destination that would take 5 minutes to reach via the normal road grid.

I suppose if the road grid were nothing but blocks of road pavement between empty dirt lots, KITT could just off-road at 300+ MPH. (Like he did in the desert to outspeed a jet in flight.)

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:28 pm

KARR Engineer wrote:Turbo Boost of course! Plus, the rocket boosters could prove useful.
Sorry, KARR E. (SPM and all) implies that both the Turbo Boost (for forward motion) and the rocket boosters are already going at 110% capacity. Which is why I mentioned the fact that for this to work, the destination can't be in a straight line. Because, if it is, even the powerful KITT can't break that law of physics.

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:27 pm

B. Knight said there is no better way to go. There is no way for KITT doing it himself. He could be attached by a metal string to a jetliner taking off the same way.
This one is hard, but kind of impossible.
Next: KITT and Michael are on a mission on a beach. It is very dangerous there. Where does KITT tell Michael to lay down?

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:54 pm

in the back seat :P

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:34 pm

He uploads himself using a wireless data connection, leaving his car shell behind. (That would be one incredible amount of bandwidth to transfer all of KITT's programming in 3 minutes!)
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KnightRider2000
Operative

KITT Funtcion

Post by KnightRider2000 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:49 pm

I got an answer for that one. Michael quickly modifys KITT to be Ram Jet like in "Goliath". Along with the SPM fins out, the car will go flying.

-KnightRider2000

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:10 pm

But KITT hates flying. :P

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:42 pm

KARR Engineer wrote:Next: KITT and Michael are on a mission on a beach. It is very dangerous there. Where does KITT tell Michael to lay down?
Since KITT is already there, I'd say KITT tells Michael to just drop and duck while KITT turbos in between the path of danger and Michael, flinging the best door open upon applying the brakes.

As for the other answers, I'm lost.

I think Mike is answering the "locked inside Goliath" scenario.

And, I think KR2000 & kido are answering the original situation with KITT going off a cliff. In reply, I sort of doubt KITT's 'wings' are wide enough to be stable for that kind of air flight. KITT would soar for so many seconds before sucumbing to gravity and plummeting like a boulder.

Alright, I'll try for a situation...

Garthe Knight has managed to return from his acident relatively unharmed. While he doesn't have the benefit of Goliath or a vehicle coated with the MBS, he has devised a counter weapon for KITT's MBS. (Using the MBS base formula knowledge to work with.) He also has managed to wrangle up a small army of mercenaries for hire and has equipped them with this unique weapon...plus some heavy armory to attack KITT/Michael with, once the protection is gone. The diversion that lures Michael and KITT into the trap is a staged bank robbery of a major vault inside a city grid of sky scrapers. Garthe has his army planted both inside various rooms and all over the place, including various vehicles. Michael drives right into the center of the trap, unaware of anything but the staged actions inside the bank. What does Michael and KITT do from here? (I think I just wrote a novel over a situation.)

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:22 pm

Your answer is a way, but I thought of something else. With Your answer Michael could have less time to get into KITT. I have a way with even less time needed to get into KITT.

KnightRider2000
Operative

KITT Functions

Post by KnightRider2000 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:50 pm

I didn't mean KITT flies, but he just goes faster like in "Goliath", and i'm talking about KITT getting to a place that it too far away. Okay, now let's move onto another one, an easier one:

Michael get into KITT and see's a bomb on the passenger side with 5 seconds left on the clock before it explodes. What does KITT do?

jup
FLAG Operative

Re: KITT Functions

Post by jup » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:06 pm

KnightRider2000 wrote:Michael get into KITT and see's a bomb on the passenger side with 5 seconds left on the clock before it explodes. What does KITT do?
T-Top right open/Passenger seat eject. (If I understand what you mean. What the devil is a bomb doing inside KITT to begin with???)

Nexus
Recruit

Post by Nexus » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:10 pm

Eject the passenger seat...but how did the bomb get there in the first place?

Edit: Gah, jup beat me! :o