1:18 scale diecast (no KR... yet.)

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight 'n' Day
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

1:18 scale diecast (no KR... yet.)

Post by Knight 'n' Day » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:14 am

Just a heads up for anyone who might be interested:

Ertl has recently updated their product release catalog for the American Muscle Entertainment series. Ecto-1 from "Ghostbusters" and the Deathmobile from "Animal House" are to be released sometime this month. Diecastmuscle.com is also reporting that the Family Truckster from "National Lampoon's Vacation" is to be released in May. With 2 releases from 2 very popular movies in the same month, one can only hope that KITT isn't too far off.

modelmaker
Volunteer

1/18th scale K.I.T.T

Post by modelmaker » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:11 am

Well i dont know if this is accurate or not as they use a pic of the 1/24th model however it does say due jan 2004 check it out anyway
http://www.americanmusclemodels.co.uk/am2.html
:kittspin:

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:12 am

I collect 1/18th scale model cars, and here is my idea for 2 Knight Rider sets:

KNIGHT RIDER
Knight of The Phoenix KITT
TDR KARR
SPM KITT
Convertible KITT
Knight 4000
KvK KARR
Goliath 1
Goliath 2
Dante
Domino
Beast
Kat
Plato
Combo Vehicle
Knight Alpha (only available in the full set)
Full set also contains a computer CD with information about these cars.

DEVON MILES CAR COLLECTION
Devon's cars (I can't remeber them all) with the red Mercedes from Soul Survivor and the full set contains the KITT TV-Set and a computer CD with all the cars and a little video clip of each.

It is VERY important that the Knight Rider models are very detailed. I think the best company to make those is AutoArt.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:57 am

I'm bad with scales, since you probably have one near by, how long is 1/18 usually in inches or centimeters?

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:42 am

This is an approximation but I'd say about between 10-15 cm across and about 8 cm width ways.

Of course, I could be way out.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:48 pm

I forgot about the Semies!

KOTP Semi
1st Season semi (up until HoS)
2nd Season semi

1/18 models: 25cm x 15cm normally.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Re: 1/18th scale K.I.T.T

Post by sarfraz » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:32 pm

modelmaker wrote:Well i dont know if this is accurate or not as they use a pic of the 1/24th model however it does say due jan 2004 check it out anyway
http://www.americanmusclemodels.co.uk/am2.html
:kittspin:

If it is Jan 2004 I would have expected some concrete info by now (pics, specs, exact release date, dash info?). Atleast we have pictures of the Aoshima 1/43 scale cars but we haven't heard anything from ERTL.

Oh, I have the Aoshima 1/32 scale truck and thats big. 1/18 will be some serious chunk of metal.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Knight 'n' Day
Recruit

Post by Knight 'n' Day » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:32 pm

1:18 scale means that every 18" on the full size item is 1" on the replica. The size of the model would depend on how large KITT was in real life. For example, I'm 6' tall. A 1:18 scale model of me (not that you'd want one) would be 4" tall.

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............

Post by sheltonw3 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:36 am

its more than likely to be a 1st season only kitt!...which means I'll have to buy a few and construct a 3/4th season dash and the nose will probably be solid which means no foglights!...I had a pow wow with the people at ertl 2 months back and I got on there case about detailing and what me and YOU the consumer "LOOKS" for in a fully detailed model and I have redone over one dozen kitts into 3/4th season already and its just amazing how they throw the car out there and all you get is a true first season kitt which is great but no 2nd,3rd or 4th season kitt ,not even a spm kitt or convetible kitt ,but how ever if the new car is all diecast you can get bold and strip it down and primer it up for the junkyard dog look!
or the serious trans am model collectors such as my self might even buy 5 or 6 and paint them different and as we all know those cars will run about $35.00 or $45.00 U.S. dollars!....so I guess I'll just buy 2 at a time and make one into K.A.R.R. which means I might end up with atleast a dozen or so!
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:13 pm

I can understand companies not wanting to make expensive 1/18 scale variants of KITT, but then again I don't. Its relatively cheap to remould the KITT mould for season 3 and 4 cars. I doubt we will ever see SPM kITTbut like I've said before, Aoshima may make it in 1/43 scale as they tend to make variants (like their back to the future line). I think that may entirely depend on how well the soon to be released KITT and KARR sell.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Knight Industries 3000
Operative

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:43 am

At the time the TV show introduced KITT's Super Pursuit Mode, Kenner's M.A.S.K. toy line was popular. Since Kenner also made the Knight 2000 Voice Car and other Knight Rider toys, I had hoped that they would have made a "M.A.S.K." version of KITT that would convert from "regular mode" to Super Pursuit Mode. Alas, they never did.