Columbia House DVD Lineup Update :-)

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:18 pm

I think I'd still rather have the episodes legally, and in top quality. If you want crap quality, why spend the money to get a bootleg? You can just record it off TV (or could)

KI

lofer
Rookie

Post by lofer » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:22 pm

For your information, the infamous new Playback "BEST OF KNIGHT RIDER" with 6 episodes, are made for European Markets... In March 2004 (maybe in April), there are planned versions, with the local dubbing for Spain, France, Italy, Germany...
http://www.elcochefantastico.net

... un hombre que no existe en un mundo lleno de peligros ...

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:58 am

the infamous new Playback "BEST OF KNIGHT RIDER" with 6 episodes, are made for European Markets
Infamous? In what sense?

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:48 pm

what is columbia house email address.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:53 pm

Not to sound horrible, but I don't think that you should be emailing columbia house, 86chvs10, only from the standpoint that you have been known to almost spam Davilex, Columbia House would probably tolerate it even less. You are just going to have to be patient.

KI

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:57 pm

i just needed to know. i was just going ask them one question. and it not about knight rider being on every episode.i just going to ask them if they had the dukes of hazzard on every episode because i'm a dukes of hazzard fan to.and willing to buy some.

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:20 pm

Knicks4973 wrote:I bought that VHS tape of TDR and KvK that people are saying is fake.

TDR looks pretty good, KvK's quality is poor, but good enough since there isn't a real version out there.

I hate to say this, but sometimes the only way to get the episodes you want the most is to buy them off of ebay, even if they were taped off of tv.

The quality may be poor, but you at least have the episode.
Not always. Case in point:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2578778185

I am very happy with both the book AND the episodes. I have only ever had the ones on Sci-Fi with all the dang syndicuts. Even after 2 1/2 runs through I was STILL missing eps. I was watching Let It Be Me tonight and I was surprised to find Michael and Stevie singing that song near the end of the ep. It is ALWAYS cut in the Sci-Fi ep. I was only 13 when it aired the first time and now some 20 years later I finally got to see in again - UNCUT.

Joe's vids are the best I have seen in a long time. Sometimes you CAN get a good deal on Ebay. I know I did. Thanks again, Joe for making my Xmas the best and my new year great. (I'm enjoying the book too!)

~Beth C :kittconv2:

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:27 pm

wow!you got it all in that auction.

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:39 pm

86chvs10 wrote:wow!you got it all in that auction.
Yep. And I had NO idea who I was buying from until the invoice came. That auction was put up by Joe Huth himself. I was surprised at first and then relieved as I knew then I had gotten my money's worth and someone with a reputation I could trust.

One of my best ever buys on ebay for 2003. The only other one being this Laptop I'm using right now. :D

BTW anyone that doesn't have that book yet should get it. It's really, REALLY good. :dance:

~Beth C

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:43 pm

man i can't believe you only got all that for $27.00

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:11 am

I've posted CH's email address at the beginning of this topic, but as KI pointed out, please do not bombard them with email. They send an auto-reply message after you email them, and then they require a few business days to send you an actual reply, so please remember this as well.

As for Dukes, I have been waiting for CH to release them on DVD, but currently they only offer them on VHS, so I'll wait, Dukes was my favorite TV show as a kid, until another show came and was instantly awarded that status.

I also wish they would hurry up and release "The Incredible Hulk" on DVD, they also have it on VHS, but why bother, VHS is practically extinct! Sci-Fi recently did a run of a couple of seasons of the Hulk, and it was the first time I had seen it since a kid, I am sure some station has ran them in syndication before, but I had never caught them. I really didn't remember much except for the time there was 2 Hulks fighting each other, but unfortunately Sci-Fi never got that far... The Hulk was also one of my favorites as a kid.

CH does offer, "The A-Team" and "Airwolf" on DVD, which I wasn't into much as a kid, but watching them now is a lot of fun.

It would be SO nice if the companies such as Universal would just release professional DVDs of these series, as we all know CH is not doing the best job of it, cost being the worst factor. This could be the case for "The Incredible Hulk", since Universal has released several of the episodes on DVD after the big movie, so they may be restricting CH from releasing Hulk on DVD.

SH

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:55 pm

Oh my God! You're so lucky! I paid almost $80 for my complete series set! And its all sci-fi channel recorded episodes. Which means its butchered to hell.

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:44 pm

We seem to have the same interests spyhunter. My aol im is scifitvbooks and my email is scifitvbooks@aol.com. Contact me some time. I also like Greatest American Hero.

Richie

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:15 pm

knightvision wrote:I also like Greatest American Hero. Richie
That was another 80's cool show. Oh man, I was addicted to that one too. Gotta love Ralph and that suit!

I wish I could see that one again.

~Beth C

Tony J Case
Recruit

Post by Tony J Case » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:56 pm

I also wish they would hurry up and release "The Incredible Hulk" on DVD, they also have it on VHS, but why bother, VHS is practically extinct!
Ah, not paying attention huh? Universal did release some of the Hulk on DVD. They did a 16 episode box set a couple of months back (a best of, not a season set), all the TV movies made after the series was wrapped, and a disc with the the pilot and the second season opener. Add in the 3 discs from the UK and you've got a pretty healthy selection from the show.

Now 6 Million Dollar Man - now THATs a show I would kill for more of. (above and beyond KR, that is. :)

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:17 pm

I was referring to CH releasing them on DVD, I already stated that Universal has released several of the episodes on DVD, which is probably the reason that CH is not releasing Hulk DVDs. Now we can only hope that Universal will continue to release them...

SH

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:28 pm

on making more of knight rider episodes uncut with regular two episodes.

Knight Newbie
Volunteer

Post by Knight Newbie » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:32 am

I got a quick question regarding the columbia house dvd's to anyone who has them...

Are there any extra's on the dvd itself or it is just the episodes?

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:41 am

The Real Michael Knight, you think the price you paid was high, someone here paid almost 100 for sci fi rips.

a decision that this someone regrettably made.

my advice is don't buy any bootleg versions, no matter how appealing they look.

when you get them, you WILL be disappointed!

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:54 pm

Knight Newbie wrote:I got a quick question regarding the columbia house dvd's to anyone who has them...

Are there any extra's on the dvd itself or it is just the episodes?
There is just some additional text about the show and some of the cast...

Most of the episodes have about a 30 second teaser that plays before the episode as well, but I guess that is considered part of the full uncut episode?

SH

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:01 am

The episode aired with those 30 second teasers but the 30 second rule does not apply to:

Killer Kitt (45 seconds)
Goliath (1 minute)
Silent Knight (45 seconds)

Those I remember off the top of my head....if there are more I forget Joe Huth would probably remember them.

There was NEVER a teaser for Knight of the Drones. As originally aired it did not have one, the episode just went into the introduction after 5 minutes.

So spyhunter dont consider them extras, except in the case of Goliath where that NBC teaser was NOT on the official release, a 30 second one was.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:37 am

The "Silent Knight" teaser was actually 1 minute; the only 45 second one was "Killer KITT". "Return to Cadiz" was a minute long, as was "Knight in Disgrace", "Ring of Fire", and "Mouth of the Snake". All others were 30 seconds. "Knight of the Drones", as Richie said, is the only episode NOT to have a teaser with the original NBC airing; The episode began with a driving montage of Michael and KITT, then goes into Jackson's prison escape. When Jackson is riding in the drone car right after the escape and Halston says "Just sit back, relax, and leave the driving to us", THEN the episode breaks and the theme is shown. When the commercial break is over, then comes the episode credits and the montage of San Francisco.

Joe

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:04 pm

I found something really interesting on ebay. Some guy is selling the complete series of KR on DVD by season. And this cought my eye:

Knight Rider, season 3. UNCUT

Man, I wonder who made it. If its home made the seller sure did an excellent job, I mean it looks really official.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:32 pm

read it on my topic do you believe topic it's all there i've already posted it.

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:52 pm

I think it will be quite interesting to see what they come up with for Volume 16 and when I called earlier this morning they said they can tell me what is on it in about 2 weeks from now.

I know CH is up to about Volume 14 with A-Team and Airwolf, so it looks like they have chosen to release new episodes on DVD rather then VHS.

Richie