Greets from one of the Actors

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

1Actor
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Greets from one of the Actors

Post by 1Actor » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:50 pm

Hi folks

I had the part of the police officer who offers Michael & KITT a "jump" in the 1991 MOV, (Knight Rider 2000).

Stumbled across this site while looking for a DVD copy for my demo reel. (VHS quality is just terrible!)

Anyway, I have great memories of that particular shoot. Everyone was kind, and inclusive. I later directed a music video with Rebbecca Holden, (who of course was not in this MOV.).

I'd be glad to answer any questions.
Wish I had some publicity stills... but after a "day player" kind of actor leaves the set, well, the publicity department often forgets to send them any promised photos. (A natural occurrence in the biz.)

"Police Officer"

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:18 pm

adam 2525?

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1Actor
Volunteer

Post by 1Actor » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:29 pm

LOL yes I guess that was my designation wasn't it?!
I had a separate locker room scene as well.
Also, another scene that found the cutting room floor.
Boy, did I play the "jumper" scene broadly or what? Let the character come across a bit too dense methinks. <grin>
David and I had some good out-takes messin' around out there.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:43 pm

i am interested in the outtakes and the scene that got cut. mind sharing?

KITT
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:25 pm

Cool. I didn't know that. Who did you get to meet - obviously David Hasselhoff, but did you get to meet Edward Mulhare and William Daniels? Did ya ever get to sit in either the (converted) Chevvy or the Knight 4000?

Anyway, I have great memories of that particular shoot. Everyone was kind, and inclusive. I later directed a music video with Rebbecca Holden
<drools>...Rebecca Holden....

If you've got any stuff, I mean ANYTHING, please lemme know. 8)

BTW what's a 'MOV'?

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:39 pm

i figured it was like the extension .mov.. or movie.. perhaps a movie clip.. or scene *shrug*

KITT

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:11 pm

Hey there, Welcome to the board! I'll have to rewatch the movie now to spot you, as it has been awhile! What else have you been up to, if you don't mind sharing?

I think we are all interested in seeing outakes, if you have them! However I think he is trying to say that they exist somewhere, just aren't in his possession. Probably a little flub or craziness that happened at the end of a take.

I'm thinking it was just short for Movie *shrug*

1Actor
Volunteer

Post by 1Actor » Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:19 pm

My bad, Shoulda typed MOW = Movie Of the Week.

Spent good time with Mulhare, a truly charming fella who loved to learn about technology.

David and I had one take blown, when the assistant director was reading KITT's lines off screen and messed them up.

I said: "Hmmm, your car stutters in more ways than one."
Without missing a beat David looked at the dash and said:
"Happens every time I use unleaded."

We all cracked up.

The music video I directed with Rebbecca was for her song "License To Steal." Don't know the rules about pics & links here... if it's ok...
Here's a pic from the night shoot we did for the video at a marina outside of Nashville.

Now the following is (hopefully!) by no means a true cross-section of my career... :lol:
I did throw up some old pics for friends:HERE

MKnightRider82
Rookie

Post by MKnightRider82 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:35 pm

Nice to hear from someone who actually appeared in a KR work. I have Knight Rider 2000 on tape, so maybe I could watch it sometime and try to spot you out. I wouldn't ask you too much questions cause you're just someone who makes small appearances in scenes. But it must be great being someone who has actually met people like David Hasselhoff, Edward Mulhare, and even William Daniels. Or at least been around them.

By the way, when does that photo of Rebecca Holden date back to?

1Actor
Volunteer

Post by 1Actor » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:57 pm

^ Indeed MK, I usually just make "small appearances." but have been fortunate to have done so in over 20 mov's and features. (Enough to be vested with SAG for retirement thank God!)
(There are no small parts... only small actors.)
But yes, I meant that I was happy to discuss the shoot I was on, not the series itself, as you folks know more than even the series regulars I'm sure.

I've been fortunate really, having had the chance to interact with actors and directors from Oliver Stone to Martha Raye. Quite a wide range of talents and personalities.
Having also worked in broadcast news for some years, I mostly teach and consult now, but will get back to screen work in a year or two.

The shoot with RH was before the film if memory serves... late 80's.
I was directing mostly C&W music vids and shows.
I have the tape somewhere at the studio. I'll look it up. There are more stills somewhere, I'll try to find them as well.
Last edited by 1Actor on Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:58 pm

1Actor wrote: I said: "Hmmm, your car stutters in more ways than one."
Without missing a beat David looked at the dash and said:
"Happens every time I use unleaded."

We all cracked up.
LOL thats a good one!

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:26 pm

Well thats awesome. Did you meet anyone else from the movie other than Dave, Edward, and William?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:41 pm

Here's the jump-start KITT scene from KR2000, featuring our new resident Police Officer:

http://www.knightridermovie.com/mpegs/kr2000jump.mov

About 1.8 meg, a little over 2 minutes.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:14 am

That's really cool. Like a lot of people here I haven't seen the movie in awhile and will have to watch it again to find you. But that's really cool.

People on the board have expressed that the movie was somewhat less than what some had hoped for with the KR movie. Were Hasslehoff and Mulhare and friends happy to be doing somethign Knight Rider again? Or just going along with it?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KI2000PA
Volunteer

1Actor

Post by KI2000PA » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:00 am

I believe the scene that 1Actor is referring to in which he appeared is well, I'll quote part of one of the many scenes he is in I bet this is one such sequence: (Adam2525: "Haven't seen one of these in a long time, oh man she is a beaut!" Michael: Yeah everywhere but under the hood, appreciate a jump? Adam 2525 right on schedule." KITT: I'll say one thing for the police, they're consistent and dependable, unlike some people I know." Michael: "Don't start on me KITT."

Is this the correct one 1Actor? And if I got the dialogue between you and David incorrect I apologize

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:26 am

that's the guy.. if you read the thread, i already asked that same question..

KITT

Nexus
Recruit

Post by Nexus » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:50 am

"It's uh, KITT...from Radio Shack."

That brought a big silly grin to my face. :D I haven't seen that movie in years!

Glad you're on the board, 1Actor!

1Actor
Volunteer

Post by 1Actor » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:21 am

There's another scene in the locker room where the "bad guys" get wind that someone is on to them. Now that was an example of a "quicky" shoot. We did it in just a couple of takes, did the close-ups and barely had time to say hi to each other.

Anyway... thanks for the .mov version of the scene, you saved me some dubbing!

I'm going to make an audio mp3 file for you folks giving an anecdote or two and I'll link it here. Hope to get it done sometime next week for ya.

In the meantime... It came back to me just how unselfish Hasseloff was while we shot the outdoor stuff, encouraging the director to take time with my reverses (close ups) and standing off cam giving me the lines. Most stars have someone else to that.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:48 am

The KITT from Radio Shack... That was one heck of a cover ;) lol... I think I still wanna see the movie...

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:27 pm

Greetings, I just wanted to say welcome to our community!

I received your email on my site and I am delighted that you contacted me and contacted our community.

I would defintiely love to have a feature with you on my website and I will talk to you very soon!

Welcome! I cannot say how awesome it is to have an actor from the fandom with us!
-scott
1Actor wrote:There's another scene in the locker room where the "bad guys" get wind that someone is on to them. Now that was an example of a "quicky" shoot. We did it in just a couple of takes, did the close-ups and barely had time to say hi to each other.

Anyway... thanks for the .mov version of the scene, you saved me some dubbing!

I'm going to make an audio mp3 file for you folks giving an anecdote or two and I'll link it here. Hope to get it done sometime next week for ya.

In the meantime... It came back to me just how unselfish Hasseloff was while we shot the outdoor stuff, encouraging the director to take time with my reverses (close ups) and standing off cam giving me the lines. Most stars have someone else to that.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:50 pm

LOL, that's like my favorite part in the whole movie..

"It's a... KITT from radio shack.."

KITT

kitt.pl
Recruit

i have a question about KITT and dashbord in Chevy 57

Post by kitt.pl » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:51 pm

Hi My name is Michael and i am from Poland, Sorry form my english but i am still learnig

William Daniels was there and talk KITT lines??????????

That eletronics dashboard was in chevy 57 ?????????

Did you see Knight 4000.What was in inside the car?????

What`s happened with the cars (knight 4000 and chevy 57 after shooting)

Maybe you have some pics of KNIGHT 4000?????????

Have you ever been at Universal Studios?????

Best Regards
Michael from poland

That scen with you was cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:33 pm

Were Hasslehoff and Mulhare happy to be doing something Knight Rider again? Or were they just going along with it?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

1Actor
Volunteer

Post by 1Actor » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:47 pm

Thanks Scott, it's great to find such an enthusiastic community.
Ya know, I guess I should change my login name to Adam 2525, that would seem more apropos ... I'll leave it to you folks, let me know if I should remain 1Actor, or take up Adam2525 as my nom de plume?!

KITT: Yea, that line is in the shooting script, but was not in the original draft. As production moves along, pages come and go from the script, replacement pages are different colors. Can't remember which color (how many versions into rewrites,) but apparently that bit of dialog was added after shooting began.

kitt.pl: You're English is better than some of my neighbors! <grin>
No, I didn't get to meet Daniels, he recorded all of his lines in the studio, and didn't have to come to the sets.

As to the dash, I remember they had some screens and lights mounted, but they were props only. The video was added in post production.

There were two Chevy's as well... the one we worked with was the "action" car and was not as detailed as the other car... or maybe they added to the action car later. I wasn't around for that.

I didn't get time with the 4000 unfortunately... and I think the Chevy has been used in many other movies, just not with it's Knight Rider paraphernalia!

I been privileged to work on sound-stages at Universal, but strangely, have never taken the tour. That's something I hope to do next year!
My best greetings to you & yours in Poland Michael. A friend of mine made a movie over there a few years back and really enjoyed the country.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:15 pm

Adam 2525 sounds like it could be a good handle, but I see nothing wrong with 1Actor. Just let me know and I can switch that for you without you having to reregister.

Another question, what was the overall experience like? Was there a wrap party at the end? Any crew/cast T-Shirt given out to those (they are often common on shoots)? How long did the shoot last? Was there any time to bond with your fellow police officers, and if so speak to any of them still? I'm guessing not since you played a clean cop and not one of the dirty evil ones.