What filmed scenes were cut in syndication?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What filmed scenes were cut in syndication?

Post by KFCreator » Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:04 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before but what filmed scenes were cut out from "Knight Rider" in syndication? I heard/read that a chase scene was cut from "Knight of the Juggernaut" and I think I even saw this scene used in E! Entertainment's profile of David Hasselhoff but I'm not positive. Just got me to wondering what other scenes had been cut besides ones we all pretty much know such as the one in "KITT vs KARR" where KARR asks to be painted and I know of a couple that were clipped in "Goliath." Thanks to the Knight Rider DVD version of "Knight of the Phoenix" I got to see some cut scenes too! But what else do we know was clipped? Anyone have a list?
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:42 pm

I don't know what scenes were cut. I haven't even seen all of them myself. But I'm going to ask what did they show on KNIGHT OF THE PHOENIX I obviously did not see the two times I saw it on Sci-Fi?

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:01 am

There's no list currently compiled, but each episode is missing an average of 4-5 minutes; the two hour movies are missing about 10. There's a missing turbo boost in "Knight of the Chameleon" and "Knight Flight to Freedom", KARR telling John that he wants to change his appearance in "KITT vs KARR", KITT thwarting a car salesman's attempts to sell a girl a lemon in "A Good Knight's Work". My favorite? A montage driving scene from "No Big Thing" - they play a pretty cool version of the KR theme. The list goes on and on.

Joe

knightdogg
Rookie

Post by knightdogg » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:06 am

Hmm cut scenes where do I begin.

In Knight of the Juggernaut, there is a scene where Michael and KITT are ambused on a freeway and have to turbo boost over a semi to escape.

In A Knight in Shining Armor, the reverse turbo boost out the cave has been editted out.

In Goliath Returns, at the beginning there is a scene where Michael and KITT are racing toward a cliff to test KITT's new parachute which malfunctions.

In Knightmares, there is a scene where Michael Knight appears at his old police station where he claims to be Michael Long. There is also a scene where April is seen driving KITT (the only time in the series) to the police station where Michael is.

In Knight of the Phoenix, the ending scene where KITT is being towed in to be repaired and Devon telling Michael that he broke KITT. There is also a scene after Michael and KITT escape from Comtron where they knock into a security vehicle and cause an explosion.

In Knight of the Drones, the long driving scene at the beginning of the episode has been editted out. The chase scene where Michael and KITT are chasing the drone that broke CJ out of jail has been shortened. There is also a scene in the second part of the episode where Michael and Devon look over KITT's new functions.

In Goliath, there is a scene where Garth is looking at a tape of Michael and KITT in action. There is also a scene at the end where Michael is leaving the casio where he thinks he will be able to cash in his winnings.

In Killer KITT, there is a scene where Michael is picked up by the semi after KITT crashes him into that food stand.

In Let It Be Me, there is a scene at the end of the episode where Michael and Stevie return to the concert hall to sing some more.

In Knights of the Fast Lane, there is a scene where Michael teaches KITT how to play football where a touchdown is scored and Michael makes the extra point the only way he knows how, by turbo boosting thru the goal posts.

These are the scenes that I remember off the top of my head but the list goes on and on.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:07 pm

I sure hope that if they release Knight Rider in season boxsets next year (as has been reported), that all the episodes are included in their entirety. I'd love to see all the scenes that I've missed over the years of syndication!
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:10 pm

Joe Huth wrote:There's no list currently compiled, but each episode is missing an average of 4-5 minutes; the two hour movies are missing about 10. There's a missing turbo boost in "Knight of the Chameleon" and "Knight Flight to Freedom", KARR telling John that he wants to change his appearance in "KITT vs KARR", KITT thwarting a car salesman's attempts to sell a girl a lemon in "A Good Knight's Work". My favorite? A montage driving scene from "No Big Thing" - they play a pretty cool version of the KR theme. The list goes on and on.

Joe

Hum... That sene from KITT vs. KARR wasn't cut off TheNewVR. Where I watch Knight Rider... :D Also at the end they had a close up of KARR's\s "remains" and you see some of the circuits are sitll working and beeping... :shock: But you would need a whole new car...

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:13 pm

I remember hearing that in Junkyard Dog there as a scene in the beginning where Michael was talking to KITT about getting a new paintjob, and KITT reminds Michael that he is happy with his black painted MBS.

Its such a shame to see networks cutting scenes.

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:12 pm

Sure glad Bravo dont cut their episodes. the only thing they snip is excessive violence, so like the pilot was on today and the only thing tinkered with was when tanya shot michael long, as she raised the gun it went all slow motion of him getting shot and falling on the bonnet of the trans am, and that was it.

Scott

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:52 pm

The Real Michael Knight wrote:I remember hearing that in Junkyard Dog there as a scene in the beginning where Michael was talking to KITT about getting a new paintjob, and KITT reminds Michael that he is happy with his black painted MBS.
Well I've seen the full version of that episode... There was no such scene.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:04 pm

Ah, then it must have just been in the script and cut from the final production.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:46 pm

knightdogg wrote:In Knights of the Fast Lane, there is a scene where Michael teaches KITT how to play football where a touchdown is scored and Michael makes the extra point the only way he knows how, by turbo boosting thru the goal posts.
I have seen that part! It wasn't cut On TheNewVR. Maybe TheNewVR doesn't cut, becasue it comes to a full hour with commericals! I have seen most of these "deleted scenes". That part was the best, Bonnie was like "NOOOOOO!" and Devon was like "NO! NO! NO!" and the players were like "AHAHAHAHAH!" And MK was like "YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" And then he jumps, and the show ends! Ya! :D

Benjamin Knight

The Real Michael Knight
Operative

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:07 am

That sounds like a hilarious scene. I think I may recall seeing it when KR aired on USA ten years ago. Shame Sci-Fi channel cut that out. I hate networks that butcher shows.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:34 pm

It is a very funny ending, I have never heard MK yell for such a long period of time... Did they cut all the sences where KITT plays football?? There is two.... First he drives into the field and gets the ball in the opened sunroot, then makes the plays run, then passes with the eject feature to a player. And at the end they play and score, then KITT does the big turbo boost!

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:38 pm

I've just received copies of the US sci fi broadcasts of KR and am shocked at the amount of trimmings the episodes have.

I've only watched one season 4 episode so far but even in that, the SPM montage of the "wings" popping out of KITT have been trimmed. You just see Michael press the SPM button and then the car speeds along.

Goliath has received some quite major cuts too.

Compared to our UK versions, I feel sorry for those that have to put up with such cuts.

I mean, why even cut stupid things like that SPM montage out?

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:43 am

I just don't understand the whole idea of cutting episodes. You have a show 'coming out of the factory' and thats time. Put it in a time slot that will allow you to broadcast it and get your commercials right. So stupid.

They probably cannibalized the Soul Sourvivor scene where April says KITT was cannibalized.

Luckily Star TV Middle East who recently brought Knight Rider, are showing full episodes.