Story Plot Poll for the Movie

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Story Plots: What would you like to see in the Movie

4) Without Michael
7%
1) Michael Knight
41%
2) Michael Knight and Team
28%
3) Father and Son
17%
none, got my own Story
7%

Total votes: 46

SWerni
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Story Plot Poll for the Movie

Post by SWerni » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:08 pm

HI together

now .. I am starting in order of the "real" Michael Knight this Poll. I met David on Thursday and we talked about the Movie, and what the fans want to see so here are 4 story Plots choose your Favorite and if noone is the right for you so feel free to write your Proposal, but not much more then 2 sentence please ;)

So now here they are (using those four Plots don´t mean, that this are the one for the movie ;)) I used to title them for easier use:

1) Michael Knight

Michael Knight back to the Foundation as Driver of K.I.T.T., after the realised it won´t work without him

The Foundation recruits some young people for the FlAG and Michael should train them

3) Father and Son

Michael and his Son investigating the murder of his Wife and Mother, Michael takes Devons Place and the Son goes for the action

4) Without Michael

New Driver, short Cameo of Michael

So thats all ...

DG SWerni

JL
Operative

Re: Story Plot Poll for the Movie

Post by JL » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:05 pm

SWerni wrote:1) Michael Knight

Michael Knight back to the Foundation as Driver of K.I.T.T., after the realised it won´t work without him
This is probably the best one. Maybe have it start out where Michael's the head of the FLAG program after Devon's death. He's trying to find a new operative when the guy gets killed. Meanwhile some sort of crime takes place that even the cops can't solve, and Michael has to put himself back into action. Maybe bring in a subplot with Michael having a midlife crisis related to his new desk job.

The Foundation recruits some young people for the FlAG and Michael should train them
Blecch! There's no "team" in "one man can make a difference".
3) Father and Son

Michael and his Son investigating the murder of his Wife and Mother, Michael takes Devons Place and the Son goes for the action
WTF??? Okay, so the only time we know Michael's been married was in "The Scent of Roses." And she's dead. And that was 1986. So if you assume that Michael got married again sometime after that point, and the movie is released and takes place in the year 2005, that means that at most -- and this is making the huge leap that Michael got over Stevie, found a new girlfriend/soulmate, married her, and had a kid with her (though the last two don't necessarily have to be in that order ;)) -- at most, this kid is 19. Michael's kid or not, the multi-billion dollar Knight Foundation isn't going to make a teenager their field operative for the FLAG program. It's more unbelievable than a talking car that can leap 40 feet into the air! :roll:
4) Without Michael

A KR movie without Michael? While DH is still alive? No way, Jose. That movie won't be getting my $8.00.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:10 pm

Hmm. I have my own story. What does everyone think of this:

In 1991 a dangerous mission goes wrong...Devon is killed my a mistake Michael made during a mission which involed him and Devon going undercover (now this would work because Edward Mulhare is dead). Without a leader, the foundation starts to crumble. Michael blames himself for Devon's death, Michael sinks into a deep depression and starts drinking. Everyone from the foundation is fired-including Michael and Bonnie. And KITT is deactivated and put into storage. Now in present day, Michael Knight lives in LA as an outcast...He has no past...No family...He does not exist...He is nothing and no one...One night while sitting in a dark ally Michael finally hits rock bottom..He ponders to commit suicide...Michael hears a scream...He looks up, and remembers all those times he used to help people...Michael comes to his senses and goes to see whats going on...He see's a women whom Michael knows...Its Bonnie Barstow backed into a corner and two thugs are almost upon her...Micahel dashes in to save the day. After he chases off the thugs Bonnie comes up to Micahel to thank him..He looks like crud, she doesn't even recognize him..But he recognizes her. "Bonnie..its me..Michael Knight" he says to her. Bonnie nearly gasps and is agast to see what Michael has become..He has degraded into the point where he no longer a functional human being. Bonnie takes Michael in and helps him realize his purpose (note, she's not married). She tells him that she now works for the US government in the defense department. He asks what happened to the foundation, or the remnents of it. He finds out that private mega corp. has decided to finally buy out everything that was left of the Knight foundation, and surprisingly they've reactivated it. A glimmer of hope shines in Michael's eye. He decides to pay a visit to the "neo Knight Foundation". The owners are shocked at his arrival. But are extremely pleased. It turns out that they've also reactivated KITT but have not been able to find a suitable compaion for him..They tell him KITT has always been asking about Michael Knight. And so the owners have been trying to track Michael down. But have not been able to find him. Until now. Michael (with a little help from Bonnie)decides to overcome his pain that has haunted him for over a decade and reunite with KITT. But KITT has a new look this time. KITT's CPU has been fully upgraded and placed in a 2002 Pontiac Trans-Am. KITT is now the: "Knight Industries Three Thousand". Together him and Michael take on assignments to bring justice to the innocent. However as the movie progresses we find that the new foundation is not all that it seems...Aparently the new owners have given KITT a secret programming that only becomes active when they tap into KITT's CPU...And now they've been secretly using KITT (along with a hired assassin) when Michael is asleep in his room at the foundation, to commit secret acts of crime. to eliminate their competitors, and anyone who they consider a threat.Once the job is done. KITT's memory is wiped clean and is restored to his origninal programming so that Micahel cannot find out whats really been going on. And soon after rival corperations soon begin to fold up and are being bought out by the one that now owns the Knight Foundation. Aparently this corperation wants a total monopoly on the world...One day when Bonnie is on vacation from her new career, she decides to pay a visit to Michael and KITT. For old times sake she decides to give him a checkup. But while checking KITT's systems she finds out what the new owners have been secretly using KITT for...She rushes off to tell Michael...Michael finds out and the two of them decide they must do something to stop this...Michael hating greedy power hungry people is more than happy to go along with a secret plan that Bonnie has devised...But before it can be carried out, the corperate goons find find out about the two's little plot against them. They take Bonnie hostage and use KITT to try to kill Michael. KITT has trouble obeying this directive...He is in conflict with his programming and what he has become, as an individual. KITT's overloads his CPU and short circuits it. This caueses his primary directives to be wiped clean from his memory. And now with Michael and KITT together again, they rush off to rescue Bonnie before its too late. The two of them reach Bonnie and her captors, a strugle insues and Bonnie is stabbed in the stomach...Michael is enraged..And literally goes berserk. He manages to kill the corperate scum. He rushes over to Bonnie..She's bleeding badly..He cradles her in his arms...She takes her hand and gently caresses his cheek with it..We see that she's crying...She tells Michael the only reason she never married was because inside she was waiting for him..She thought he would maybe one day try to find her..But he never came for her...She loves him..She wanted to tell him that for so long...The two share a deep kiss before Bonnie finally can no longer hold on..Her hands fall from Michael slowly..and she goes limp..She's dead...Michael screams in angst and agony...Why does life always seem to be out to get him...Why? He turns to KITT..who is silent...and in the faintest whisper says.."I'm sorry Michael...In my own way, I loved Bonnie too.."..At Bonnie's funeral Michael almost thinks of giving up...He goes over to her coffin and tells Bonnie that "You would want me to carry on..To help the innocent...You would want me to live on...As the Knight Rider..I will not let your death be in vein Bonnie...". He plants a kiss on his fingertips and places is fingers on her coffin...a goodbye gesture. Michael goes to KITT and tells him, "Its time for our next mission buddy." And we see the two of them drive off into the dangerous world...The world..of the Knight Rider...

Well I know this story may seem filled with tragedy, but I'm sure the audience will be able to connect with the strong emotion. Michael falls because he blames himself for an innocent death..But its the women he loves and longs for that redeems him..And keeps him going. What does everyone here think of my movie idea?

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:03 pm

WTF??? Okay, so the only time we know Michael's been married was in "The Scent of Roses." And she's dead. And that was 1986. So if you assume that Michael got married again sometime after that point, and the movie is released and takes place in the year 2005, that means that at most -- and this is making the huge leap that Michael got over Stevie, found a new girlfriend/soulmate, married her, and had a kid with her (though the last two don't necessarily have to be in that order ) -- at most, this kid is 19. Michael's kid or not, the multi-billion dollar Knight Foundation isn't going to make a teenager their field operative for the FLAG program. It's more unbelievable than a talking car that can leap 40 feet into the air!
Oh there's a way Michael can have a son and have him be the new driver for FLAG. I've thought up a rough draft of it and it's not as complex as you may think.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:16 pm

That's a very good idea for a story TRMK. I wish they did something like that for KNIGHT RIDER 2000. But I don't know if I'd exactly go with the idea of killing Bonnie off. They would only do something like that if Patricia McPherson never wanted to return for a KR project again.

But that is a touchy way to do the story. I'm just saying if that happened, then that would be eliminating two characters from the show. I was bothered enough when they got rid of Devon. That only makes sense cause Edward Mulhare did not live too much longer to do any more KR projects.

Since Mrs. McPherson is no longer acting, that would have been a way to say her character would never appear in any later KR stories. Right now it is a question of whether Michael should return or not. I hope he does, and he should be played by the one and only.......David Hasselhoff.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:26 pm

I really hope there's a movie...as for now I'll try to not worry about this one and just transfix on the FF7 movie until this is a definate.

And you guys seem to be ignoring the "not above two sentance" rule. Hey SWerni, how do you know him?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

sofchance
Rookie

Post by sofchance » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:00 am

I was actually expecting a remake of the original story - sort of like "Knight of the Phoenix" only with new actors and updated...well, everything updated. DH and PM could have cameo roles, but the whole spirit of the KR story is that Michael Knight is supposed to be a cool young cop who drives a brand new car. I like DH as much as anyone, but he's getting up there in terms of age...and yes, he has said that he could keep playing MK, as the actors for James Bond have aged as well...but that doesn't fit with my image for MK.

The second movie could be a remake of TDR/KVK with KARR being stolen and then turning on the Foundation.

The third movie could be a remake of Goliath/GReturns with Garth Knight escaping from prison and using KITT's shell to create the massive semi.

There are plenty of ideas floating around...it's just up to the producers and writer to come up with something that both old fans and new audiences could identify with.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:08 am

How bout a fourth movie remaking KNIGHT OF THE DRONES and maybe a fifth movie remaking KNIGHT OF THE JUGGERNAUT? Or is that asking for too much?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:11 am

I voted "without Michael" only because it was the closest to what I was thinking. I don't like the "team" idea, I'm definitely a supporter of one man, one car. Father/son seems too cliche.

For my personal viewing pleasure, I would love to see Michael and KITT together again just like old times. But from a box office standpoint, I think it has a better chance of being a hit if they brought in a new 20-something driver. I'd like to see Hasselhoff make more than just a cameo appearance; he shouldn't be the main star, but he could play an important supporting role, still as Michael Knight.

Hasselhoff gets an unfair reputation at times; he gets made fun of a lot in the U.S. but he really does know how to deliver what people want. He might find a script that would really work well with him as the main lead, or he might stand back a bit and let someone else get behind the wheel. I think there should be a new driver, but I trust Hasselhoff that he knows best. (and if he screws it up we will.... um.. . just go back to our old DVDs I guess.)
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:17 am

EdwardKnoxII wrote:Oh there's a way Michael can have a son and have him be the new driver for FLAG. I've thought up a rough draft of it and it's not as complex as you may think.
Well, given how many women he hooked up with over the years, yeah, I guess there could be a way. ;)

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:28 am

I honestly forsee something like sofchance has described happening.

When I first pondered the possibilities of a KR movies as a young man in the early 90s I had always envisioned the first film as a remake of KotP with newer actors. I imagine the story could be greatly fleshed out and maybe with a little forshadowing about KARR to help set up a possible sequel. It worked with the first Superman with General Zod and his buds being locked in the Phantom zone paving the way for Superman II.

Heck maybe the whole flick could begin with Wilton pulling the plug on KARR and going from there :)
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:54 pm

I think the story should be a fresh one. Most of us (at least I do) have a desire to explore what happens later in the KR universe, not watch a remake of the original. If they did a remake of the original, they would cast new actors and there would be a new KITT, and the actors wouldn't be the same as the original. Also KITT would probably be a ricer of some kind. I can see a remake turning into The Fast and the Furious really quick. At least with a new story we have to stick with the fact that KITT was TransAm and have the some of the same characters, and introducing new ones. Redefining the original characters would be drastic.

Well that is my two cents.

Oh and the Father/Son idea. I like idea the best, but with one little difference (based on some of my fan ficts). FLAG is facing shut-down and a new heir to the Knight fortune is discovered, and he jumpstarts the program and reassembles KITT into the body of a 3rd Gen Trans-Am, just the way he was, with a few minor tech advancements included, but who looks the same on the interior and exterior. (With all the replica complanies around now and the depriciating value of the 3rd gen TA, Revolution Studios and DH could really easily afford to make a few new KITT cars, and ones that actually had working gauges!) Anyway, Michael comes back to help with the problem that has arisin (my fanfic is too far fetched for the movie, so a new problem would be inserted) and the whole time KITT, as a side-plot, keeps thinking that the new heir looks alot like Michael, and shares many facial characteristics. Well they realize with the guy's age, and knowing Michael's face is not his own, but looks like someone elses, they figure out the guys father really is.... and after that the new guy strives to help FLAG as much as he can because of what his real father tried doing.

Oh well, I just thought that would be a great sub-plot to a movie, but it may not work to well since it would require the already versed KR fan base to watch it to get it. And we all now that the movie companies would use the story that can get the most people to come watch it. Oh well, we can all dream, can't we?

-Steve

SWerni
Rookie

Post by SWerni » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:47 pm

Hope you will keep going on to support this poll...

Just a short reminder

Yours Sandra

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:52 am

Just a nudge. Swerni will be meeting with David again soon, so it would be good to get those last minute suggestions and votes in!

Not sure which option I fall under. I would like Michael to be there, but not with a team, perhaps one other. My thoughts is that the movie could start out with the new lead in the role with the new or old KITT at his side, during the course of events he realizes that he has to team up with Michael in order to get the job done. In the end it takes both of them to save the day. I'm not sure if Michael would be working as head of the foundation, or had left and is off somewhere else, or if it's even a resuce situation, where michael has been kidnapped. It would be good to have Michael throughout the story, and the "left the foundation" idea has already been used, I don't think it would make sense to repeat it.

d_osborn
Operative

Post by d_osborn » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:58 pm

i highly doubt that if a KR movie were to be made, that it would be a continuation of the series. i'd be more than willing to bet that it would be a re-start of some kind....

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Knight Rider 2

Post by KARR Engineer » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:21 pm

I do have my own story, but I voted for Michael Knight, because my story could be a BIT too, umm, weird.
I called it 'Knight Rider 2', because it is somewhat of a continuation of the original story.

Not shown, but mentioned, TKR died in the crash of SkyOne and the vehicles didn't survive because they did NOT have the MBS. Michael is called back from retirement and is promoted head of FLAG and finds a 11/12 year old boy who wants to fight crime and is a car and computer maniac, and the boy said he will work for the Foundation for free. Just like Wilton chose Michael, Michael chose Jan (pronounced Yan) because he felt that he could be the 'man to make a difference', just like he was in the eighties. Jan becomes Michael's assistant and through the series, they develop a friendship. Jan oversees KITT's reconstruction - KITT returns in the shape of the beloved Knight 2000, with the same old 1 TV dash and a modified SPM (no moving nose, the roof part does not anymore act as a EBS spoiler, instead, the little front 'winglets' are made to little popping out rocket boosters for the EBS). The Knight 4000 was given a KITT-like microprocessor called KIFT. The Knight 4000 still has the red paint job, but this time has a green scanner. In the first episode (the movie being the pilot) KIFT gets a new dash, KITT dash inspired, but a little bit more futuristic (but VERY similar). KIFT has a different character than KITT - action-looking but sensitive and responsible and playful. KIFT gets the voice of Dante, but lower and slower. Before reconstructing KITT, Michael had Knight Industries make a car for Jan. A silver 1982 Corvette with a blue scanner, KIST gets the voice of Peter Cullen, but a bit less robot-ish. KIST has his dash different to the others because of the interior setout of the Corvette. KIST is responsibe, loyal and totally dedicated. About functions - both KIFT and KIST have all the functions seen in the Knight 2000 in the original series.
The FLAG building is placed in Los Angeles (Seattle? No way) and the original FLAG logo is back. The building holds a main garage, a tech lab for maintaining the cars, Michael's office, Jan's little room and more. The FLAG building is connected with the Knight Industries building.
Shawn retired when TKR was created. KIFT is Michael's second car.
The series has 4 seasons, just like the original and is as much action-packed and is a LOT better than KR 2000 and TKR.
1st Season Premiere/Pilot - The Movie

2nd Season Priemiere - KIST is destroyed and a new Knight 6000 is made from a new Trans Am, with SPM and Twirl Turbo Boost and more.

3rd Season Priemiere - 'Double Return' Garth Knight escapes from prison (survived 'Goliath Returns', Adrianne didn't) and he has KARR's CPU put in a Pontiac Fiero with a scanner, but can't do anything except Auto Cruise. Jan and KIST lure KARR into Knight Industries telling him that if he stays with Garth he will be destroyed and if he joins the Foundation, he will be rebuilt. While KARR's new body (silver 82 TA, just like KITT with all KITT's functions and KARR's KvK voice because Jan likes it) is built for Jan's second car, KIST and Jan face their greatest challengo to date - Goliath Mark III, a all-new Goliath, with greater power from a modified turbine engine.

4th Season Priemiere - After discovering that a person made replicas of the TKR vehicles and put computers in them to rob banks, KIST and KIFT follow it. The person goes into a helicopter that is too far to Micro Jam. KIFT and KIST follow it to mountains. KIFT plans to Turbo Boost to the other side, but the helicopter fires a rocket and blows up a part of the rock mountain/canyon and KIFT falls down. The helicopter fires more rockets at him and KIFT's body is mucked up. He is rebuilt with SPM.

3rd/4th season episode - 'A Very Knight Christmas' This is a no-mission episode with the Foundation Christmas Ball on the 24th. Bonnie, April and RCIII are back and while Michael is busy with some guests, Jan takes them to the Main Garage and they are amused by the cars. Bonnie is shocked when she deduces that the KITT-like silver car with a yellow scanner is KARR. Becky also comes with them and KITT takes her for a 5 minute ride.

Do You like my idea? Tell me, I would be happy to know. Oh, yes. I would play Jan - myself.

Knight Newbie
Volunteer

The Kr Movie Plot

Post by Knight Newbie » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:11 am

Here is a general run-down of the plot I think would be most logical, based on the origional show and the (horrible) movie.

After Devon's Death Michael has taken up Devon's duties at the foundation, and is in the hunt for a new "man who does not exist"
to drive the new knight indrustries 2004 eventually played by collin farell.
Collin starts bustin the bad guys in the crime organization but can't manage
to get the head honcho and gets caught.
Well then Michael and hopefully the origional kitt kick off the the cobbwebs
and go save the day...... using lots of spm and turbo boosts, and other glorious corny special effects.

The End...

An origional script written by Knight Newbie
(If anyone meets David, tell him i want to do lunch.....)

knightphoenix
Rookie

Post by knightphoenix » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:33 pm

I believe that Michael returning to FLAG after it has been destroyed may be the way to go. Have the Jennifer Knight and board of directors killed, the headquaters attacked, and the KITT(THE KNIGHT 4000) of Knight 2000 movie destroyed(I never liked the new car, Red ugh!!!). Michael would inherit the Knight fortune and return to rebuild FLAG and KITT's surving CPU would be installed in the new KNIGHT INDUSTRIES TEN THOUSAND( a BLACK 2005 MUSTANG GT). A new driver would be recruited and they would go after the guys who attacked the Foundation!!
KITT would also have weapons systems and a new cloaking shield( kind of like the car in the last James Bond film).
What do you think!!

knightphoenix
Rookie

Post by knightphoenix » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:52 pm

P.s. I would bring on Cameron Mathison from All my Children( ryan) to play the new reqruite Jason Conners, a undercover FBI agent who was working undercover at the Ramseus sindicate and witnessed the destruction of the Foundation, he gets discovered and sindicate blows up his home killing his fiancee and nearly killing him. HE is saved my Michael's new wife, Dr. Maggie Knight and given a new identity, Jason Knight. If yo want to see the new 2005 mustang, go to the Ford Motor company web page, its awesome and perfect for a new KITT!!!

comets78
Rookie

Post by comets78 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:10 pm

swerni how do u know david and are u for real give us some proof:)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:40 pm

I think this is all the proof you need:

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:30 pm

"...In my dreams, come the images from my youth. Deceit with the pen and the back stabbing of the word from those I held in friendship. Their slithering ways stole from my soul.

In my hour of darkness, I always hear the gallop off in the distance. As it draws near, I see the literary knight in shinning armor. His ride, eyes of red. Under his helmet, he wears the face of my son. In his hand, a lance of justice. My slimy thievians run at his very presence, planning their retaliatory actions.

Then, it all goes awry. My son dismounts to tell of his latest conquests. My daughter looms in the distance, blind of my pain. The steed threatens to trample my existence. All of cold heart; without soul. I build an empire; strong, but thin. It's roots; harvesting termites. And it's walls, knowing not how to shelter it's builder from time.

My evening draws near as my dreams scatter upon the winds. Will no one come forth? Will no one heed my plea? Is the world really so cold as to forget the name Knight?"
- Wilton Knight - Diaries of an Old Foundation.

davbell
Stranger

Re: Story Plot Poll for the Movie

Post by davbell » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:59 am

Why do a movie? I would like to see another knight rider series on tv with michael knight and team. The first series from the 80's was great and I enjoy watching the reruns of it on tv.
SWerni wrote:HI together

now .. I am starting in order of the "real" Michael Knight this Poll. I met David on Thursday and we talked about the Movie, and what the fans want to see so here are 4 story Plots choose your Favorite and if noone is the right for you so feel free to write your Proposal, but not much more then 2 sentence please ;)

So now here they are (using those four Plots don´t mean, that this are the one for the movie ;)) I used to title them for easier use:

1) Michael Knight

3) Father and Son

4) Without Michael

So thats all ...

DG SWerni

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:04 am

I think by the team thing I had meant the close friends he and KITT had during the original show, as in Bonnie and RC3, but heck, Michael and KITT could teach younger FLAG members how to be tough on crime---and have a wacky sense of humor at the same time! Just a thought.........

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:57 am

Incredible. I know that I would like to see your idea fleshed out on the big screen. Though, there are several idea chanages I'd like to contribute.

1) Those random thugs that Michael rescues Bonnie from. They should be from this new owner of FLAG. Reason? The people committing the crimes suspect thata Bonnie, knowing KITT too well, has discovered part of their tampering and seeks to eliminate her before she can complete the puzzle and threaten their operaation. As she turns out to be far more of a hand full then they first thought she'd be. We only learn who the thugs work for as the plot reveals it's dark side.

2) Killing Bonnie off like KR 2000 did to Devin. No. Let's not go there. How about if poor Bonnie slips into a coma from her injuries...and never comes out of it as the movie ends? A sort of plot line left dangling for any future movies to work with. (Plus, a reference to David's early days of acting.)

3) KOTP was so great because it wasn't just cut and dry, single track plot. It had so much more going on in it. Your plot, when fully fleshed out, almost requires a few sub-plots to add flavor to the core story.

If my reply has typos or reads oddly, I was using a DreamCaast to ttype this and the thing has a refresh rate of so many letters every 6-10 seconds. At least, it buffers faster then that. But...
The Real Michael Knight wrote:Hmm. I have my own story. What does everyone think of this:

In 1991 a dangerous mission goes wrong...Devon is killed my a mistake Michael made during a mission which involed him and Devon going undercover (now this would work because Edward Mulhare is dead). Without a leader, the foundation starts to crumble. Michael blames himself for Devon's death, Michael sinks into a deep depression and starts drinking. Everyone from the foundation is fired-including Michael and Bonnie. And KITT is deactivated and put into storage. Now in present day, Michael Knight lives in LA as an outcast...He has no past...No family...He does not exist...He is nothing and no one...One night while sitting in a dark ally Michael finally hits rock bottom..He ponders to commit suicide...Michael hears a scream...He looks up, and remembers all those times he used to help people...Michael comes to his senses and goes to see whats going on...He see's a women whom Michael knows...Its Bonnie Barstow backed into a corner and two thugs are almost upon her...Micahel dashes in to save the day. After he chases off the thugs Bonnie comes up to Micahel to thank him..He looks like crud, she doesn't even recognize him..But he recognizes her. "Bonnie..its me..Michael Knight" he says to her. Bonnie nearly gasps and is agast to see what Michael has become..He has degraded into the point where he no longer a functional human being. Bonnie takes Michael in and helps him realize his purpose (note, she's not married). She tells him that she now works for the US government in the defense department. He asks what happened to the foundation, or the remnents of it. He finds out that private mega corp. has decided to finally buy out everything that was left of the Knight foundation, and surprisingly they've reactivated it. A glimmer of hope shines in Michael's eye. He decides to pay a visit to the "neo Knight Foundation". The owners are shocked at his arrival. But are extremely pleased. It turns out that they've also reactivated KITT but have not been able to find a suitable compaion for him..They tell him KITT has always been asking about Michael Knight. And so the owners have been trying to track Michael down. But have not been able to find him. Until now. Michael (with a little help from Bonnie)decides to overcome his pain that has haunted him for over a decade and reunite with KITT. But KITT has a new look this time. KITT's CPU has been fully upgraded and placed in a 2002 Pontiac Trans-Am. KITT is now the: "Knight Industries Three Thousand". Together him and Michael take on assignments to bring justice to the innocent. However as the movie progresses we find that the new foundation is not all that it seems...Aparently the new owners have given KITT a secret programming that only becomes active when they tap into KITT's CPU...And now they've been secretly using KITT (along with a hired assassin) when Michael is asleep in his room at the foundation, to commit secret acts of crime. to eliminate their competitors, and anyone who they consider a threat.Once the job is done. KITT's memory is wiped clean and is restored to his origninal programming so that Micahel cannot find out whats really been going on. And soon after rival corperations soon begin to fold up and are being bought out by the one that now owns the Knight Foundation. Aparently this corperation wants a total monopoly on the world...One day when Bonnie is on vacation from her new career, she decides to pay a visit to Michael and KITT. For old times sake she decides to give him a checkup. But while checking KITT's systems she finds out what the new owners have been secretly using KITT for...She rushes off to tell Michael...Michael finds out and the two of them decide they must do something to stop this...Michael hating greedy power hungry people is more than happy to go along with a secret plan that Bonnie has devised...But before it can be carried out, the corperate goons find find out about the two's little plot against them. They take Bonnie hostage and use KITT to try to kill Michael. KITT has trouble obeying this directive...He is in conflict with his programming and what he has become, as an individual. KITT's overloads his CPU and short circuits it. This caueses his primary directives to be wiped clean from his memory. And now with Michael and KITT together again, they rush off to rescue Bonnie before its too late. The two of them reach Bonnie and her captors, a strugle insues and Bonnie is stabbed in the stomach...Michael is enraged..And literally goes berserk. He manages to kill the corperate scum. He rushes over to Bonnie..She's bleeding badly..He cradles her in his arms...She takes her hand and gently caresses his cheek with it..We see that she's crying...She tells Michael the only reason she never married was because inside she was waiting for him..She thought he would maybe one day try to find her..But he never came for her...She loves him..She wanted to tell him that for so long...The two share a deep kiss before Bonnie finally can no longer hold on..Her hands fall from Michael slowly..and she goes limp..She's dead...Michael screams in angst and agony...Why does life always seem to be out to get him...Why? He turns to KITT..who is silent...and in the faintest whisper says.."I'm sorry Michael...In my own way, I loved Bonnie too.."..At Bonnie's funeral Michael almost thinks of giving up...He goes over to her coffin and tells Bonnie that "You would want me to carry on..To help the innocent...You would want me to live on...As the Knight Rider..I will not let your death be in vein Bonnie...". He plants a kiss on his fingertips and places is fingers on her coffin...a goodbye gesture. Michael goes to KITT and tells him, "Its time for our next mission buddy." And we see the two of them drive off into the dangerous world...The world..of the Knight Rider...

Well I know this story may seem filled with tragedy, but I'm sure the audience will be able to connect with the strong emotion. Michael falls because he blames himself for an innocent death..But its the women he loves and longs for that redeems him..And keeps him going. What does everyone here think of my movie idea?