Stu Phillips KR soundtrack

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

litefoot
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Stu Phillips KR soundtrack

Post by litefoot » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:45 am

Does anyone have FIlm Score Monthly's Stu Phillips Knight Rider CD from 2005? I have acquired one and I want to make sure it isn't a bootleg.

Can someone upload a close up of the ring on the playing side of the disc, so I can check that it matches mine? Thank you :)

tharpdevenport
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Stu Phillips KR soundtrack

Post by tharpdevenport » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:08 pm

I have it, but I can't.

Beware though -- there are bootlegs appearing on eBay:
http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p ... &archive=0
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

litefoot
Volunteer

Post by litefoot » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:01 am

Justin I presume? Litefoot from FSM and MainTitles here.

I am well aware of that thread - I have already posted in it. I am the other FSM user Ryan refers to in the initial post - it was him who let me know it was on ebay.

When I first saw that ebay listing I immediately thought 'bootleg'. The FSM Knight Rider CD was released in June 2005 and is long out of print. Only 3000 copies were made. It fetches high prices on the second hand market. Yet here is an ebay seller in the UK who claims to have at least 25 copies of the CD and is selling them for £24.99 each.

I looked very closely at the pictures so that I could compare them to photos of the original set. The artwork on the front and back was a complete match. I figured it was worth a shot as the seller offered a refund if I wasn't happy.

It arrived in the post and I examined it very closely - particularly the playing side of the disc. I have a friend who bought this set close to the original release date and she sent me photos of her CD. They matched mine completely. The liner notes and inserts were also a match.

I even emailed photos of my copy to Lukas Kendall, who released the 2005 CD, to check. He confirmed the text on his CD matched the text on mine.

If you have a copy yourself, you can compare it to photos of my copy on Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/39408774@ ... 8270460592

So as far as I'm concerned this is the genuine article.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:21 pm

Received my copy in February 2006 and everything matches to the details in your pics.

litefoot
Volunteer

Post by litefoot » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:49 pm

KITTfan wrote:Received my copy in February 2006 and everything matches to the details in your pics.
Thanks KITTfan.

It's a mystery where these have come from. Sitting in a UK warehouse somewhere for over a decade?

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:31 pm

Yeah, it's Justin Boggan. I didn't even think to connect you as the same person. :-)
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

litefoot
Volunteer

Post by litefoot » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:44 pm

tharpdevenport wrote:Yeah, it's Justin Boggan. I didn't even think to connect you as the same person. :-)
I realised some years back on the Intrada forum that you and Justin were one and the same. You do get about :)

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Not as much as I used to. From a small number of bans, to abandoning places (like jwfan.com -- no thanks), and to even one ceasing to exist (the IMDb forums), I probably post with any kind of regularity at maybe half a dozen sites now.

I hope one of these days we get a proper KR set from a label, like we are "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" next month.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:56 am

litefoot wrote:
KITTfan wrote:Received my copy in February 2006 and everything matches to the details in your pics.
Thanks KITTfan.

It's a mystery where these have come from. Sitting in a UK warehouse somewhere for over a decade?
To be 100% accurate, there's only one difference, my copy never had that sticker which says:

Code: Select all

Contains the 
BMI AWARD WINNING (1,000,000 "ring tones")
"Knight Rider" theme
Everything else is the same.

Sounds a bit sad that some of these CD's have been sitting in some warehouse over 10 years instead of being listened by Knight Rider fans. It's excellent release and I'm really glad it was released back in 2005 and managed to get a copy of it :)
Have bought also Don Peake's Knight Rider CD's and those few last ones which came as a USB memory stick format. Glad to have them as well.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:07 pm

litefoot, I have the FSM release and can vouch that all of the photos you uploaded match the one I ordered directly from them (except that mine was able to be ordered autographed by Stu) when it originally came out, right down to the ringtone sticker on the front. :-)
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

litefoot
Volunteer

Post by litefoot » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Thanks gents. :)