KNIGHT RIDER ON TV

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

KNIGHT RIDER ON TV

Post by krrdr2010 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:04 pm

I just noticed recently that Knight Rider is no longer airing on Cozi TV. I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT IN THE SLIGHTEST!!!! Knight Rider turns 35 in September, and the Only Place I can see it is El Rey Network. THAT IS NOT RIGHT IN ANY SENSE OF THE WORLD!!! I mean, Come on Me-TV, Syfy Channel Cozi TV....Somebody give this show the Respect it Deserves!!!

DJGM
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KNIGHT RIDER ON TV

Post by DJGM » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Probably worth mentioning here that Knight Rider recently returned to TV here in the UK, curiously on the free-to-air military
based information and entertainment channel Forces TV (Sky 264, Virgin Media 277, Freesat 165 & Freeview/YouView 96)
on Tuesdays and Wednesday at 10pm. Not sure if they'll ever show the ill-fated 2008-09 reboot/revival ... I doubt it!

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:44 am

Woah...Cozi TV dropped KR?? The hell?

Is there a reason they said anywhere or they just straight up dropped it? Aw man, what am I gonna watch on Sundays now? I've already seen all 5 seasons of Miami Vice...

David
Rookie

Post by David » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Viewers in the UK can currently watch series 1 at 5pm every weeknight on 5Spike.

Just started this week, Deadly Manoeuvres was on tonight.

http://www.channel5.com/show/knight-rider/

They also show The A-Team at 3pm.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:30 pm

I seem to recall, when Channel 5 had the rights to Knight Rider back in the late 90's, they only ever showed season 1-3
and Knight of The Juggernaut, but not the rest of season 4 ... not sure why they never showed the other S4 episodes.
Even then it was mainly shown on Saturday mornings, as part of their kids programming strand called Milkshake.

They eventually got the rights to Knight Rider 2008/9 which they first showed on 5STAR, then on the main Channel 5.

ForcesTV seems to showing versions that ITV had in the 80's, without the "cold open" before the main title sequence.

David
Rookie

Post by David » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:22 pm

Tonight's episode was supposed to have been A Plush Ride - instead, they showed The Scent of Roses. Bit jarring to suddenly be thrust into series 4 in the midst of the first series!

It reminded me how weird the writing for that ep is, especially for what was intended as a series finale - Michael's attempted 'goodbye' to KITT is underwhelming to say the least and he and Bonnie don't even get a final one one-on-one scene, which feels like a total jip given the chemistry and history between the two characters.

The budget cuts are also painfully evident in some of the stunts and even the way the stuff in the Michael and Stevie montage is shot.

Will be glad to get back to S1 again next week!

nickeeg
Volunteer

Post by nickeeg » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:19 pm

DJGM wrote:...
ForcesTV seems to showing versions that ITV had in the 80's, without the "cold open" before the main title sequence.
They are not the same source that ITV used, as the episode "Give Me Liberty...Or Give Me Death" features the same music substitution as the Blu-Ray release. That was a recent change so I would guess these are more recent transfers.
I wish they were the ITV versions though, as we may have been lucky enough to get stereo soundtracks for Season 4!

nickeeg
Volunteer

Post by nickeeg » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:24 pm

Just to add, I assume yo mean the SpikeTV showings rather than Forces TV
I have just checked that broadcast, and interestingly, it has the pre-credits teaser AND..........a stereo soundtrack!
It's only a minor detail, but Season 4 has never been released in stereo before, so this is a good opportunity to get some recordings if you need them