The Hoff confirms KR is coming back to TV soon!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

The Hoff confirms KR is coming back to TV soon!

Post by Assasinge » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:35 am

KR 2017 may not be canned after all, as the Hoff recently confirmed that the series is coming back for a full blown reboot, right here!: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun ... eboot/amp/

Awesome right?

The only issues currently being faced are legal issues...shame.

A TMZ article (I know I know, just bear with it) here which shows the Hoff's webcam confirmation of the hopefully-hitting-tv-soon reboot:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tmz.com/ ... laxy-cameo

More sources: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... Rider.html

ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: The Hoff confirms KR is coming back to TV soon!

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:07 am

Assasinge, I'm not sure how to break this to you but the Hoff has been promoting KR coming back to tv for many many years. It only happened in 08 and since then he's still be saying the same thing for many years since then too.When I heard kr08 2 hour movie coming out I said don't get your hopes up. Wait until you see actual proof.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:42 am

Knight Racer wrote:Assasinge, I'm not sure how to break this to you but the Hoff has been promoting KR coming back to tv for many many years. It only happened in 08 and since then he's still be saying the same thing for many years since then too.When I heard kr08 2 hour movie coming out I said don't get your hopes up. Wait until you see actual proof.
*?$#.

*waddles away*

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:38 am

The YouTube video where he's talking about it.

https://youtu.be/CRLFgli23PY

Don't get me wrong nothing would be better that to see David play Michael Knight in a new series and true to the original. Only he can do it right. I hope it happens but I'm not holding my breath with him getting the rights from Universal. He tried to purchase tbe rights at a table with them once and they refused. They are usually, excuse my langiage here but a$$holes when it came to selling anything they could still make money off of. Glen wanted to make a movie and universal decides to make. A new series they got into a dispute and didn't want to give Glen any credit for the original but they worked it oit and put it in the credits.

J D Rider
Recruit

Post by J D Rider » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:01 am

What about the Knight Rider Heroes teaser trailer on Youtube? Is that going to be a new movie or show?

Han
Rookie

Post by Han » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:05 am

J D Rider wrote:What about the Knight Rider Heroes teaser trailer on Youtube? Is that going to be a new movie or show?
I think we can pretty much forget that

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:03 pm

Eeppp...Assasinge. That link needed a NSFW tag pasted upon it.

While the article was safe enough, the site obviously caters to the adult side of life with nude women all posing and a slightly censored naked guy. (I suspect the page rotates such click bait, though.)

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Oh. I was lucky enough to get AdBlock before they made people start paying for it. I didn't see the crap on the Sun or Daily Fail links.
They may have AdBlock and not see what's showing on the sidebar. It's fun to look in your URL tab and see how many ads its blocking (sometimes it gets close to 200)
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:38 pm

jup wrote:Eeppp...Assasinge. That link needed a NSFW tag pasted upon it.

While the article was safe enough, the site obviously caters to the adult side of life with nude women all posing and a slightly censored naked guy. (I suspect the page rotates such click bait, though.)
Wait, really? Well I didn't get any nude ads or anything when I was reading the article so, I guess it does rotate. And you got unlucky. Sorry lol

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:46 pm

I just hope

1.it's a reboot/continuation from the scent of roses series finale.
2.kitt is still black and an all American muscle car.

Michael knight son is driving the new kitt
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:58 pm

james olden wrote:I just hope

1.it's a reboot/continuation from the scent of roses series finale.
2.kitt is still black and an all American muscle car.

Michael knight son is driving the new kitt
Pretty sure it's confirmed that KITT is KITT, as in, he's :kittside:
Rstein, the supercomputer on wheels.

J D Rider
Recruit

Post by J D Rider » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:04 pm

Where did you see it confirmed at? I certainly hope they keep him as the same Trans Am. In my opinion, the original KITT is so iconic and timeless. He should always remain a 3rd gen Trans Am. Think about this: you wouldn't make a Back to the Future 4 without the DeLorean. You wouldn't see any other Dukes of Hazzard car than the '69 Charger. KITT is not like the constantly changing Batmobile. He shouldn't change. He's KITT. :kitt2: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :D

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:34 am

J D Rider wrote:Where did you see it confirmed at? I certainly hope they keep him as the same Trans Am. In my opinion, the original KITT is so iconic and timeless. He should always remain a 3rd gen Trans Am. Think about this: you wouldn't make a Back to the Future 4 without the DeLorean. You wouldn't see any other Dukes of Hazzard car than the '69 Charger. KITT is not like the constantly changing Batmobile. He shouldn't change. He's KITT. :kitt2: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :D
seems to imply KITT is the T-A as he used to be.
Rstein, the supercomputer on wheels.

TheSlythe
Volunteer

Post by TheSlythe » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:44 am

I wont hold my breath.
As much as I love Hoff, he does get a bit worked up over nothing when it comes to KR.
Two years ago he was going on about Heroes, last year it was the Justin Lin/Machinima collaboration and now its this.
From what I can gather, James Gunn told Hoff he would be interested in making a new series, if they could aquire the rights. This is the exact situation it has been for years.
I would like to see a new series, that is a direct followup to OKR, with Hoff as the mentor, still driving OG kitt, with a new KnightRider man/car team, but the series also needs to acknowledge the failed FLAG/Knight Industries projects (series) over the years.
I wouldnt mind Justin coming back as Michaels son, but would prefer if he only had a cameo to explain why him and Sarah have to go into hiding.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:52 pm

WittgenTT5/Rstein wrote:
J D Rider wrote:Where did you see it confirmed at? I certainly hope they keep him as the same Trans Am. In my opinion, the original KITT is so iconic and timeless. He should always remain a 3rd gen Trans Am. Think about this: you wouldn't make a Back to the Future 4 without the DeLorean. You wouldn't see any other Dukes of Hazzard car than the '69 Charger. KITT is not like the constantly changing Batmobile. He shouldn't change. He's KITT. :kitt2: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :D
seems to imply KITT is the T-A as he used to be.
Knight Rider Heroes is not a confirmation of a tv series.

J D Rider
Recruit

Post by J D Rider » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:10 pm

I was thrilled when I saw that teaser. It has the original KITT and Hasselhoff in it- exactly what we want. I've been concerned though because that teaser was posted back in December of 2015...so I guess about 1.5 years ago. Since then, we've seen no developments about that particular project. I've been following the Knight Rider Heroes instagram account and the website (subscribed for updates, too). Haven't seen any and the instagram account seems to be a ghost town. So I hope they didn't cancel the project or something. Or maybe they're just working on it at a snail's pace and it's going to still come out down the road. That's what I'm hoping. The concept and everything about Knight Rider Heroes looks awesome. But then several months after the Heroes teaser, the Machinima news came out. Not sure if those are 2 separate projects or one in the same. It would seem that they're unrelated. And now there's the James Gunn news, which sounds cool too since Hasselhoff is directly involved. So these may be 3 separate projects. If they are 3 separate projects, then Heroes is the only one that's essentially confirmed they're using KITT, the original Trans Am. Hopefully KITT will be the original car in the other projects, too. All of the failed reboots or continuations of the show have one thing in common-- the absence of the original KITT Trans Am. Maybe that's why all of them inevitably didn't work out. Had Knight Rider 2000 or the 2008 show used the Trans Am, maybe it would have garnered a much bigger crowd of viewers.

jeremy223
Rookie

Post by jeremy223 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:37 pm

Knight Rider Heroes was just a merchandise plug to sell leather jackets. http://www.krheroes.com/home-1/

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:37 pm

Sorry to bust your guys bubble but...as jeremy says, it was just a way to sell merchandise.

J D Rider
Recruit

Post by J D Rider » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:58 pm

That's a big bummer... thanks for the info, guys. Well, we still have stock in the Machinima project and James Gunn prospect. We'll see what happens... but was looking forward to Heroes in particular because of the original KITT and Hasselhoff. Too bad :|

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:08 pm

Don't know about the Machinima project, but if you google KR Reboot all that comes out are articles like the ones I linked in the first post on this thread lol.

J D Rider
Recruit

Post by J D Rider » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Yeah, here's the link about the Machinima project:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/knight-rid ... ustin-lin/

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:19 pm

Shoot, that's from last October. Lol

Han
Rookie

Post by Han » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:50 am

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:07 pm

Doesn't universal own both the movie and TV series rights since knight rider was a movie originally in 1982 and the 2 hour movie before the TV series in 2008. At that time the mustang movie was a movie not a 2 hour pilot TV series until that was green lit like 6 months down the line I think.

Han
Rookie

Post by Han » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:50 pm

I don't think they do now, afaik the original was not a movie, but a pilot episode, thats how it was aired/sold. Also, licenses aren't forever