Knight Rider the Game on Windows 10

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knight Rider the Game on Windows 10

Post by Assasinge » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:43 pm

So I'm having a real annoyin' issue here, trying to get Knight Rider the Game 1 & 2 to run on my Windows 10 desktop and it doesn't work. I heard something about Mircosof stripping support of SecuROM games or something, Any way to get this sucker to run?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider the Game on Windows 10

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:05 pm

Did. You try right. Clicking and switching compatability mode?

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Have no idea what you said there but I did change compatibility modes to Windows XP Service Pack 2 and 3 and still wouldn't launch, or judt crashed.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:52 pm

The game can run on W10, if you use some additional software and an older 4:3 monitor. Like most games from Windows XP days, the game is not compatible with newer DirectX versions and the widescreen displays that are used in newer systems.

The software, you can get here: http://dege.freeweb.hu/ . The monitor you will have to find on your own. Get them both and the game should work. Same with the second game.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:21 pm

Lexicon wrote:The game can run on W10, if you use some additional software and an older 4:3 monitor. Like most games from Windows XP days, the game is not compatible with newer DirectX versions and the widescreen displays that are used in newer systems.

The software, you can get here: http://dege.freeweb.hu/ . The monitor you will have to find on your own. Get them both and the game should work. Same with the second game.
It's alrifht I downgraded to Windows 7 so it works fine now. Thanks for the help though.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:00 am

I was pondering if there would be software issues concerning Win 10 and older stuff. After all, I heard the other day that RockStar actually patched their GTA...4 game for the first time in over six years to run on Windows 10.