More Music Changes On The DVDs

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jeremy223
Rookie

More Music Changes On The DVDs

Post by jeremy223 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:46 pm

I popped in a random disc from season 2 of the latest DVD release from Mill Creek. I chose to watch White Line Warriors and I could not believe my ears. They have removed the song "Crumblin' Down". We still hear a few seconds of it during the actual robbery scene, but that's it.

Now this is not only annoying having more music replaced, but the episode no longer makes any sense. Michael realized the song was the communication key because it was playing when he met the racers and the robbery happened at the same time. Now when he meets the racers, a different song is playing so how does he make that connection. It also doesn't make any sense that if they can play a few seconds of the song, why couldn't they have kept the whole thing. I suppose they could claim fair use for a few seconds, but having two different songs during the robbery screws up the episode.

I always thought this was one song they couldn't replace because its an important plot point. Makes me wonder what other songs are missing on this newest DVD set. Can someone check the blu ray version of this episode and see if it was changed too?

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: More Music Changes On The DVDs

Post by Assasinge » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:40 pm

This is depressing to hear.

jeremy223
Rookie

Re: More Music Changes On The DVDs

Post by jeremy223 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:51 pm

John Mellencamp must have wanted too much money. I believe "Hurts So Good" was only on the original release of season 1 from 2004. No other DVD release of season 1 has had that song and now "Crumblin' Down" has disappeared from the latest DVD set.