Hasselhoff talks about potential KnightrRider reboot

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hasselhoff talks about potential KnightrRider reboot

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:36 am

https://youtu.be/_BagjNgpTrs

Not really him but some new info about him trying to buy the rights.

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Hasselhoff talks about potential KnightrRider reboot

Post by Kitt_24 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:39 pm

I hope he uses a 82-92 trans am thats only real kitt. If he uses any other car it will suck. Hoff bring back the knight 2000 trans am. All he needs to do is up date the technology in kitt.
:kitt: :kittside: :kitt2:

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:31 am

This is big. After all, look what he had done to a failing little NBC series called BayWatch. From a sausage fest flop on the verge of cancellation to a standing icon of 80's/90's television history. I wonder if he considers himself worthy of filling Edward's shoes or maybe be more like the founding father to FLAG? Certainly, he wouldn't try and be the action star.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:31 pm

Just please no Paul feig as director lol. (He'll try to make a Michelle knight instead of a Michael knight, then probley use a pink or purple 1985 Cadillac for kitt. It would be a more worse disaster than knight rider 2010 movie.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:34 pm

I doubt a potential reboot is going to happen. If anything, most people are going to look behind their shoulders and see three failed reboots.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:45 am

I think it's more than three failed reboots. It's knight rider 2000 which was supposed to be a movie of the week expected to be 5-7 movies a year according to an interview with David. A recreation with the movie knight rider 2010. Another TVsseries in 97 Team Knight Rider. Another recreation of the original with knight rider 08.im glad to know they at least keep trying to breathe new life into the franchise but with the creator Glen Larson dead, I doubt we will ever see a movie or another TV series. David has been talking about bringing it back in movie form, cartoons, comics for decades though.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:49 am

David has been talking about bringing it back in movie form, cartoons, comics for decades though.

If I remember correctly, didn't he kind of nag Glen during the show for a movie or something? Anyway, yeah with the way things are looking today it' hard to see a reboot happening, and if a reboot were to happen I'm not sure how successful it would be. Maybe if they hadn't killed of Devon in KR 2000 and kept the Trans Am it might've faired much better (I now hate the actor who played Maddock). We still have the KR Heroes thing though, but we have no idea what it really is yet.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:13 am

I think at this point, especially after Glen Larson's passing, Hasselhoff is the only one who would truly know how to best capture the magic of the original series.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:01 pm

Call me killjoy, but after the whole KR Heroes thing I've lost all hope there is. Talk about making a difference.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:22 am

These days, you can never truly rule out anything. After all, a show that made fun of old movies called Mystery Science Three Thousand just cleared an incredibly hurdle with a fund raiser and they're pumped to make a whole new season.

Even on the lowest end of things, that GTA 5 sandbox game is good enough to make watchable preview material for staged stories. (And if RockStar tried, they could really have something going for setting up the scenes.)