J.J. Abrams can save Knight Rider

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: J.J. Abrams can save Knight Rider

Post by kitt34 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:59 pm

And the reason I Choose the new corvette stingray in the new movie, because it was more high tech, faster, sleeker and stronger and more state of the art
sure it will not replace the trans-am, but we need more high tech crime fighting abilities

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Kitt_24 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:42 pm

kitt34 wrote:And the reason I Choose the new corvette stingray in the new movie, because it was more high tech, faster, sleeker and stronger and more state of the art
sure it will not replace the trans-am, but we need more high tech crime fighting abilities
You want the vette to be kitt cause its probably your favorite car, like me the mustang my favorite car thats why i want it to be kitt.
How about the Ford GT way faster and stronger then the corvette.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Kitt_24 wrote:
kitt34 wrote:And the reason I Choose the new corvette stingray in the new movie, because it was more high tech, faster, sleeker and stronger and more state of the art
You want the vette to be kitt cause its probably your favorite car, like me the mustang my favorite car thats why i want it to be kitt.

I Don't think so.

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:38 pm

KITTs lines were unique in that they were sleek but not weak. He had angles but they were not harsh, and subtle curves that did not interfere with his overall masculine look. The asymmetrical hood bulge also had the effect of making KITT appear as a gentleman with hair parted to one side. This specific combination of characteristics is unique to the 3rd gen Trans Ams. As much as I appreciate other vehicles including Corvettes, Mustangs, and more exotic vehicles, they fall short on the whole appearance package when compared to KITT. He doesn't have to be a Trans Am, but he does need to have the core aspects of his identity represented in any future version.

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kitt_24 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:27 am

kitt34 wrote:
Kitt_24 wrote:

I Don't think so.
lol

I found kitt and his new driver : )

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Last pic has me wondering when WalMart began offering models and car rentals.

No offense intended of course.

Kn1ghtboy
Rookie

Post by Kn1ghtboy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:37 am

kitt34 wrote:J.J. Abrams did a great job on the star trek reboot, because he kept it more original and less on CGI (although some is nice).
Kept it more original....really!! Glad we're not in a trek forum, you'd been banned by now! It was an alternate universe. The only thing original was Leonard Nimoy! CGI was the entire movie besides the acting & a few sets!

Box office: $258 million in a 21 week run. Production Budget: $150 million. It made 158 million in 5 months in the US
Not a great job by CBS studios eyes!

Into Darkness: $229 million in a 17 week run. Production budget: $190 million. In made $30 million in 4 months in the US...CBS studios isn't letting JJ Abrams attempt to do Trek 3. New team, new director, new writers for a 2018 release.

As a Romulan would say...less words more facts! Speculations is more of a klingon than a true warrior!

Again more proof...2016 Ford GT has more horsepower 662 Supercharged V8 than a Z51 V8 engine that corvette currently is offering in a 2015 model..Internet research. It's public!!

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:54 am

Boys, what does horsepower for the stock vehicle have to do with anything? The 1982 1/2 Trans Am was not the fastest car on the block by any measure. KITT was not the "worlds greatest car" because of Pontiac's Crossfire V8 in their production vehicles.

We need a vehicle that conveys KITTs character with its appearance.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:01 pm

Kn1ghtboy wrote:
kitt34 wrote:J.J. Abrams did a great job on the star trek reboot, because he kept it more original and less on CGI (although some is nice).
Kept it more original....really!! Glad we're not in a trek forum, you'd been banned by now! It was an alternate universe. The only thing original was Leonard Nimoy! CGI was the entire movie besides the acting & a few sets!
I wouldn't have gone for the ban button for someone having their own opinion. Although, it really does say something when MAD, whom usually parodies TV and movies by mixing and tweaking the material to make comedy...merely had to use the Beyond Darkness plot, straight up and told through others eyes.

My #1 gripe was...Kahn...teleports...to...Klingon home world. To that, I say, 'Game over, man! Game over!' No more star ships. No more home security. Why take forever to get there via Warp when you just need co-ordinance? Hate another race? Teleport a few hundred mega bombs and eradicate the known worlds of your foe. The Genie of Doom is out of the bottle. Yea. I heard that Khan was a super genius and the only one whom could pull it off. But, that's like saying a mere 1-2-3-4-5 password can secure Sony from being hacked by all the evil of the world. Just give that Genie enough time and the whole Universe would be lifeless. I felt that Trek often ran a fine line of trying to keep limitations that kept the glue working and J.J.'s version was careless.

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kitt_24 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:18 pm

Darknight wrote:Boys, what does horsepower for the stock vehicle have to do with anything? The 1982 1/2 Trans Am was not the fastest car on the block by any measure. KITT was not the "worlds greatest car" because of Pontiac's Crossfire V8 in their production vehicles.

We need a vehicle that conveys KITTs character with its appearance.
I agree with you. I became a trans am fan because of kitt/knight rider. I was not a fan of the mustangs until it became kitt it grew on me over time. Now what ever car becomes the next kitt i know i will like it.

aussie muscle
Recruit

Post by aussie muscle » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:25 pm

Kitt_24 wrote:Just because you don't like the mustang that it should not be kitt. The mustang is not a terrible car and the camaro & corvette is not a terrible. Just me i like the mustang as kitt. But nothing will replace the third gen trans am kitt.
it's supposed to be a futuristic car, not a retro 60s throwback that the mustang was specifically designed to be. While the Firebird was a marketing push itself, the car complemented the look and setting of the show. it'd be like doing star trek with them using current day mobile phones, it just wouldn't fit.
Kitt_24 wrote:Stay with the original kitt
at least it would blend in this time around, since the firebird isn't a new car. (still looks it, though)

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:48 pm

Lively debate on what car should be used but I think the Camaro would be a good option as well.

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:51 pm

The new Bonnie or Sarah? Either that or KITT's arrived in Hazzard County and that's Daisy.

Image[/quote]

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:00 am

David Whiteheart wrote:The new Bonnie or Sarah? Either that or KITT's arrived in Hazzard County and that's Daisy.
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. :lol:

Robster
Recruit

Post by Robster » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:18 am

Actually,new Trek movie is supposed to be out in 2016,in time for the 50th anniversary.

And on the whole KITT thing.....I still think they should keep the original and just update him a little. I enjoyed the one season the revival had,and it seemed it was finding it's feet just as it got cancelled,as WAY too many US shows do.

J-R!

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:08 am

Robster wrote:And on the whole KITT thing.....I still think they should keep the original and just update him a little. I enjoyed the one season the revival had,and it seemed it was finding it's feet just as it got cancelled,as WAY too many US shows do.

J-R!
The series was very expensive to make. Just the ratings weren't there to justify it's expense. We can only guess and scrounge for plot clues as to what the second season might have had in store. I simply had to be a fan, as the '08 series was working with a variety of things that I would have done, had I been writing that once planned fan fiction fifth season series. A slicker, armed, simpler looking and shape shifting three thousand...plus a few other things like a bigger tech support team.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:39 pm

It doesn't matter to me WHO does it, or WHAT car they use, although I have my preference. As long as its a good movie. Everybody has their own personal opinions. People gotta be respectful of others opinions even if they dont agree. As for me, I just want a good movie.
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

buckolaci
Recruit

Post by buckolaci » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 pm

We can argue about it back and forth but the fact remains that if they ever bring Knight Rider back again either on the big screen or in a TV show format, KITT is NOT going to be an 82 Trans Am. Get real guys. First of all the only reason they would ever bring the show back is to make money and to make money they're gonna need ratings. Half of todays younger demographic don't even know what a Pontiac is and nobody is going to tune into a show where a guy drives a 30+ year old car. The 1982 Trans Am was a cool car...in 1982. Second of all, Hollywood loves free cars and Detroit loves product-placement advertisement. Do you think Universal paid for all those Trans Ams they destroyed in the 80s. Or have you noticed how every car in the 2008 Reboot was a Ford?
Reality is this: if they ever bring the show back, the new KITT is going to be either the latest Mustang, Camaro or something brand new that the audience can recognize (and buy Lol). Personally I'm pretty open minded, so I can even imagine KITT being a late-model Audi, Jaguar F-type or a Maserati Granturismo. Why not? The heart and soul of KITT is much bigger than any particular car brand.
One man can make a difference

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:07 am

I saw The Hoff last night in London as he was promoting his new Iphone video game. The KR movie was talked about and he confirmed that they are going to turn it into like a "22 Jump Street" type movie. He went on to say that because it will be called "Knight Rider" people will go and see it but that it will not BE Knight Rider. He confirmed that the studio does not want him involved. He finished by stating "I'm sure it will be great. But it won't be Knight Rider."

So there you go. We don't have much to look forward to unless you want our beloved show making fun of.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:18 pm

22 Jump Street style movie (Which was a comedy made out of a TV drama, or so I've heard) and they were hassling The Hoff about avoiding? Uh, oh...

olivermoran123
Stranger

Post by olivermoran123 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:27 am

The knight Rider 2008 series was horrible, I did not like it. The car was bad, stories were, well there wasn't much! Towards the end it got stupid, KARR transforming into a robot! THATS NOT KNIGHT RIDER!!! They should of kept the series simple. Original Trans AM Kitt. They could of explained that Devon had died, for some reason and had David Hasselhoff in the role devon had and some young 20yr old ( That can act ) driving KITT. they should have even had The Original Semi Truck. The series should of carried on from the original with Michael in charge. As for this Knight Rider Movie, Uh oh! If its not a Knight Rider Movie, why are they calling it Knight Rider?? Is it to ensure more people in the Cinema? Gonna be a lot of upset fans I'm afraid.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:37 am

olivermoran123 wrote:The knight Rider 2008 series was horrible, I did not like it. The car was bad...
Funny. I was just looking over this page and realizing that the KIT3T had the plot device of being any kind of car/truck that it wanted to be. Which is just as flexible a tech excuse as having a Transformer's Bumblebee open up a scanning ray and turning from a classic that people mocked into a modern, sleek vehicle. If the stock three thousand was stupid, it had the mechanic to become any and all of our fantasy dream cars at will...risking that one person will rave and another dis until the next change and repeating the arguments.

KnightRiderKITT1982
Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKITT1982 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:04 am

The only reason why J.J won't be doing Knight Rider is because Knight Rider is not as massive as either Star Trek or Star Wars.

aussie muscle
Recruit

Post by aussie muscle » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:50 am

kitt34 wrote:and J.J. Abrams did a great job on the star trek reboot,
That's a separate debate, suffice to say i don't agree with you.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:15 am

KnightRiderKITT1982 wrote:The only reason why J.J won't be doing Knight Rider is because Knight Rider is not as massive as either Star Trek or Star Wars.
Point taken:

Star Wars has never needed a reboot and not only retains it's fandom from the 70's forth, but is continuing on into a promised forty years ahead of us...WITHOUT a reboot in sight.

Star Trek has spawned multiple TV shows and movies, with only the most recent movie sequence even being a dodgy, strange reboot via an alternate dimension/time warp...or something. (I'm not completely sure what Leonard is even doing in J.J. Trek, quite honestly.)

Knight Rider has had sequel attempt after sequel attempt after sequel attempt. None can show the same promise as either Star franchises...with exception to Star Trek: animated or Star Wars Christmas special.

HOWEVER:

There are countless numbers of shows throughout the years that have never seen any kind of sequel or reboot. Maybe it didn't get the engine warmed up enough to see eye to eye with Battlestar Galactica's sequel-ish/reboot-ish deal that wasn't quite sure if it was rebooting or updating from the original show/movies collection. (I've read that BSG was run in movie theaters of the day. But, it was also a TV show in other parts of the world. Yet, kept running to spawn a sequel show that kind of...did I mention that I don't know why Leonard was in J.J....never mind.) I mean, it most certainly felt like a reboot...that swayed over to showing the original robots and Vipers like it never really knew if it was rebooting the world or going for something mind boggling.

Usually, only the creme of the crop even got a chance at a sequel. And KR saw demand for not one or two or even three, but four of the darned things. That's nothing to scoff at.