Knight Rider watch face for LG Smartwatch

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

arbroath_smokie
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knight Rider watch face for LG Smartwatch

Post by arbroath_smokie » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:14 pm

Might buy an LG smartwatch now after seeing this.

Watch face comes up 20 secs into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_pYvy-21cs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider watch face for LG Smartwatch

Post by KFCreator » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:09 am

That's pretty freakin' awesome! LOL
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Mojo75
Stranger

Post by Mojo75 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:13 am

I want one!!!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:17 pm

I was debating buying one for the past few months.I did a lot of research into the LG G watch and the Samsung Gear Live.

The gear Live has a metal faceplate which gives it a bit more style than basic black G watch.The gear live has 100 milla amp less battery life than the G watch.If you use the navigation app for 20 minutes prepare to lose more than half of your battery power for the day.The G watch and the gear live both can hrdly be viewed in daylight out doors even at brightest settings,although the Gear Live is slightly higher rez than the G watch..The gear live has a pulse rate monitor.G watch doesn't.Neither of the 2 watches can be used to make phone calls through the watch itself but the older generation galaxy gear 1 and 2 both can make phone calls.The galaxy gear 2 watch uses the tizen operating system so you can't get the knight rider comn link watch on it since its only for google wear operating system in the gear live watch and g watch so far.

There are also new watches that were just released i believe a month ago at conventions.The tizen OS on the new Samsung gear S watch will be able to make phone calls by the new micro sim card slot on the watch itself.They might be charging for data plans for it similar to makign portable devices allow you to get online.Like a phone plan for your watch.There's also a new LG roundface watch coming out to compete with the motorola 360watch.

I've also heard that Google met with the CEO of Samsung and tried to bully them into only producing watches with the new google wear os.They didn't liek that which is why the new Samsung Gear S watch is using Tizen OS.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:07 am

Know what came to my mind first?

'Not since the '80s have kids been able to sneak tiny video games into the classroom and 'probably' get away with playing them.'

http://youtu.be/jXNk5yhNlHo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For one moment in time, these things were all over the place.

I wonder how often one must recharge this micro color touch screen?

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kitt_24 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:37 am

That is awesome i want one :mrgreen:
If they make a new movie that watch would be perfect.

-Kevin

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:27 pm

jup wrote:I wonder how often one must recharge this micro color touch screen?
You need to charge it once a day for 3 hours. If you hardly ever use it to just check the time you might be able to get 2 days out of it . Also keep in mind that all of these watches require bluetooth and your gps which will wear down your phone battery as well if you leave it on all day.

A Google wear os watch uses less battery power than a tizen os watch. Tizen os gets most of its data from the watch while Google wear rely more on the phone to relay most of the info.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:56 am

Knight Racer wrote:You need to charge it once a day for 3 hours.
Must have an amazing little battery, inside, to require three hours. I still remember those old RC car battery packs being ready to go in under 15 minutes with a hyper charger. Still, we've got a long way to go for the kind of battery packs that KITT ran on.

(In the novels, KARR's fatal explosion over the cliff came from such a battery pack going nuclear over a lack of maintenance.)

...on second thought, today's batteries are a bit safer. :lol: Though, I think I'll stick with my watch. Runs over 10 years between 'recharges'.

On a side thought: Does this watch also do audio? Imagine how cool that would be with the KR face as it quotes KITT lines. :D

arbroath_smokie
Stranger

Post by arbroath_smokie » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:52 pm

Dont know about audio but u can speak to these android wear watches which is cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoT8ZZrF-jM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:47 pm

The ones that have a speaker system that i know of are the samsung gear 1,gear 2,gear 2 neo instead of a camera comes with a remote control unit.The LG G watch doesn't have a speaker system which is one reason you can't make or take calls on it.The Samsung gear live also has that issue.The next generation Samsung Gear S will have a micro sim card slot where you can put in your sim card directly into the watch.If you have a note 2 you are familiar with the micro sim card.I believe they will be replacing regular sized sim cards pretty soon.The samsung gear S will be able to make phone calls but it will have the Tizen OS which means you can't get the knight rider watch face as its made for the google wear OS.The round faced watches are the motorola 360 and the next generation LG G watch R.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:26 am

To think, the future notions that we grew up with are all becoming a reality. Cars WILL drive themselves. Watches that can do two way communications. Yet, KARR's boasting about intelligent speech being his easiest function is our tech's hardest accomplishment. The tech can talk...but, it can't hold a good conversation.

jessicah
Stranger

Post by jessicah » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:09 pm

I didn't care for the LG Smartwatch. Mine had a lot of glitches and even the replacement wasn't that great. I tried the samsung gear s3 and wow! It does everything the LG smartwatch wishes it could do! Anyone else have a good experience with the gear s3?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:11 pm

I love my gear s3.I designed these watch faces using Nick Nugents artwork. Animation is hard work when you're doing it 1 frame at a time.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19941

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:52 am

Knight Racer wrote:Animation is hard work when you're doing it 1 frame at a time.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19941
How relevant is this quote, considering I just watched Peter Gabriel's Steam music video?