SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA Don Peake Exclusive Announcements

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Re: SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA Don Peake Exclusive Announcemen

Post by Pierre » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:01 am

received mine from Perseverance

stevetaxman
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by stevetaxman » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Don just emailed me and he is going to ship mine to me. I hope everyone is able to get theirs, as well.

Chief Oddball
Recruit

Post by Chief Oddball » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:27 pm

Just wanted to follow up here to say that I received my shipment of all four of the new albums direct from Don himself. For anyone who hasn't seen the thread on Facebook, Don's been going through some difficult times and has had other important matters to attend to which have kept him from being as communicative as he'd have liked. He was quite candid with everyone on Facebook. I certainly wish him the best and of course there are no hard feelings at all!

I've only listened to volumes 4 and 7 (vol. 4 quite in depth) so far, but what I've heard is phenomenal. Although some of the tracks suffer a little from audio quality issues -- which sound as if they are due to water damage on the tape stock itself and thus not really preventable -- these are definitely the releases we've been waiting for.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KFCreator » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:03 am

I'm extremely happy to report that I received my order for all 4 volumes from Don today! Even though I offered multiple times to pay for the shipping cost if he would just let me know how much it was, he was kind enough to cover that for me. Hopefully everyone else here who went through the same process will receive their drives any day now.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Black Cat
Recruit

Post by Black Cat » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:17 pm

Vol. 5 is available on Perseverance Records. Just ordered mine as I still haven't gotten response from Don.

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:11 am

Just ordered my Vol. 5. Can't wait to get it!
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

Black Cat
Recruit

Post by Black Cat » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:13 am

Actually I've just watched the Knight Moves episode and it made me realise that I'm quite excited about that one. For some strange reason, the music was mixed somewhat lower in that episode, being almost inaudible in some moments. Also I love the slow, relaxed, stripped-down variation of the main theme at the very end of the episode, which then pretty akwardly fades with the Stu Phillips before-the-end-credits short theme (very bad audio editing there). Actually it was very similar at the end of Hearts of Stone and then we heard the full score on Volume 2. So glad this music is being released!!

Chief Oddball
Recruit

Post by Chief Oddball » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:19 pm

Black Cat wrote:Also I love the slow, relaxed, stripped-down variation of the main theme at the very end of the episode, which then pretty akwardly fades with the Stu Phillips before-the-end-credits short theme (very bad audio editing there). Actually it was very similar at the end of Hearts of Stone and then we heard the full score on Volume 2. So glad this music is being released!!
This particular cue is Q16 on the Knight Moves soundtrack (Don Peake's Volume 5). You are going to love it. There is a whole ending part to this cue which is not heard on the episode (as you said, Stu's outro theme steps on it). Don wrote it all the way up to the end credits -- if you play Q16 over top of the very end of Knight Moves, it syncs up absolutely perfectly -- and it's a shame this wasn't used in the actual show!

dust
Stranger

Post by dust » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:16 am

Hey guys

Got my Flash Drives of Volumes 4 - 7 today. Apologies if this is a really dumb question (it probably is :oops: ) but, what are you supposed to do with them? I was expecting something that literally had a standard USB plug but they don't, despite the fact they're billed as "USB". Do you plug the cards directly into a reader or do you pull out the bit on them that's "raised" and plug that into something? I don't want to break them without checking first.... :)

EDIT: nevermind, have found out it flips up!! :D

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:46 am

dust wrote:Hey guys

Got my Flash Drives of Volumes 4 - 7 today. Apologies if this is a really dumb question (it probably is :oops: ) but, what are you supposed to do with them? I was expecting something that literally had a standard USB plug but they don't, despite the fact they're billed as "USB". Do you plug the cards directly into a reader or do you pull out the bit on them that's "raised" and plug that into something? I don't want to break them without checking first.... :)

EDIT: nevermind, have found out it flips up!! :D
Got them (vols 4-7) myself today and sure it took some head scratching how the USB heads open but thanks to your post I figured it out :) Have already taken a quick listen of all Flash drives and listening Killer KITT scores as I write this, absolutely awesome!! :D