Knight Rider GPS

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TurboBoostMan
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knight Rider GPS

Post by TurboBoostMan » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:17 am

Anybody know where I can buy the Knight Rider GPS? I cant find it ANYWHERE in a store or online.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: Knight Rider GPS

Post by jup » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:45 am

The ONLY time that I have ever laid eyes upon this was back in 2007 (or was it 08?) when the whole gang came out to Comic Con for the premier preview of NBC's last KR series. Neil brought it along and it was interesting. I can imagine it sold very poorly, as the market for such a thing must have been very limiting. Still, it was more then just a screen with some extra graphics. It actually had red LED's on both sides of the screen and, if memory serves, had a 'kind of' William Daniels voice to it. But, the graphics were pretty much standard GPS over being something unique...like a camera sweeping over a paper map.

Then, there was the whole problem with epilepsy over those red LED's that strobed to the voice...That could prove to be a fatal flaw to some.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:03 am

Alright. I am officiall amused at all the accessories you can buy for your Knight Rider GPS in e-Bay. But, nobody is even listing the actual product? And, if you can't buy it in e-Bay...and yet, they still have a healthy supply of Tengen's Tetris to this day in there! A game that I have only seen three copies of in real life. (The one in a rental place/the one showcased at a game shop/the one cart I own.) But, no GPS units for the KR special. Go figure.

genlee01kitt2k
Stranger

Post by genlee01kitt2k » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:36 pm

Get a Garmin or Tom Tom and download the William Daniels Kitt voice if you can't get the Knight Rider Mio GPS. But I have both.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:13 am

Since its been discontinued i'd imagine it would be difficult for you to download updated maps for it even if you could get your hands on one.

kleist
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by kleist » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:40 pm

I bought one in August on ebay from a guy in Florida for about $250.00 on a bid. At that time there were a few more for sale

Ravagedhobo
Recruit

Post by Ravagedhobo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:59 am

I have one that I bought back when it first came out, it's really cool but unfortunately they are becoming more and more out of date as new roads are being put in.