Fanfiction Recommendations?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITTen
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Fanfiction Recommendations?

Post by KITTen » Tue May 07, 2013 9:01 pm

I've been scrolling through the KR archive on FFN, and I've noticed that many of the stories there get responses over here. That being said, what are some of your favorite fics out there? Are there any out there to avoid?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Fanfiction Recommendations?

Post by Knight Racer » Tue May 07, 2013 10:07 pm

I used to love printing out fan fics on fridays at the library and reading them over the weekend.At that point I didn't have a computer at home.They had this 30 min session at the library with 10 page max printout limit.I usually went over their limit and once went as far as 65 pages.There's an excellent fan fic titled Soul Survivor by Elfin thats about 200 pages.I printed it out in multiple library sessions.It took kitt's out of body experience to a whole new level with an entirely new storyline where kitt was badly damaged and had to be transported in just his cpu in a rented car to be salvaged.Kitt was dying.

Another great fan fic from the 90's was knight rider rusted trust about F.L.A.G. being brought back in the 96,karr salvaged and reborn in a new 96 trans am by a programmer.

I also highly recomend Knight Rider 98/Legends about karr being brought back online with his memory wiped clean,another new operative,Michael and kitt coming back in new 98 trans ams.They had 3-4 fictional episodes.I contacted the author on facebook recently and he lost the originals.He think one hardcopy might be lodged in a desk draw at his parents home.He was happy to hear someone liked their fan fics so much a decade ago.

I have rusted trust and knight rider legends if anyone's interested ing etting it emailed to them just pm me your e-mail addresses.

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Wed May 08, 2013 4:39 am

I personally recommend Goliath Forever. It's a fictional KR2000 episode where the invisible main enemy recreates Garthe's mind in another body and gives him Goliath in the shape of an advanced militairy tank. The writer brings back Michael and Bonnie in order to fight Goliath and Garthe. There are some things bugging me but overall it's a neat fanfic. :good:

Multiple fan fiction stories have been the source of the storyline of the Knight Rider fan game. I'm curious how many details of those you'll find back in the game!
'Playing a video game where circles eat blobs is hardly getting into computers.'

-KITT, Soul Survivor

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Wed May 08, 2013 9:10 am

Not to toot my own horn, but I have a series of KR fanfics on FFN. They start with Knight Fall.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Wed May 08, 2013 10:21 am

Knight Racer wrote:I also highly recomend Knight Rider 98/Legends about karr being brought back online with his memory wiped clean,another new operative,Michael and kitt coming back in new 98 trans ams.They had 3-4 fictional episodes.I contacted the author on facebook recently and he lost the originals.He think one hardcopy might be lodged in a desk draw at his parents home.He was happy to hear someone liked their fan fics so much a decade ago.

I have rusted trust and knight rider legends if anyone's interested ing etting it emailed to them just pm me your e-mail addresses.
I loved this fanfic series. From what I remember, he ended it on a cliffhanger and never finished it didn't he? The last thing I remember was
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Garth had managed to infiltrate FLAG and the last episode ended with Garth loading KARR into the trailer of a newly restored Goliath.
Am I correct in this, or was there a later episode that I just never found?

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:48 pm

were can i find that guy the guy from KR 98?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm

There was one more episode past that where...

SPOILER ALERT::::
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
A new vehicle 4 door sedan drove up to the mansion and spoke to Devon about kitt's been backed up to a mainframe after being compacted in the crusher.The phoenix council was able to salvage him
The author used to end each chapter with a fake copyright with his full name: Christopher J. Brielmaier

I found him on facebook and reunited him with his old fan fic a few years back.I wish he would have finished it because it was in my opinion thee best KR fan fic up at the time.

KITTen
Volunteer

Post by KITTen » Thu May 09, 2013 6:09 pm

Sounds cool! Anybody got links, or should I fire up my search program?

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun May 12, 2013 12:42 am

Greetings! I happen to be the writer of Goliath Forever and I thank you for your comments Deveo. It was all part of my old KR2K series that has been removed mainly because of how awful a writer I really was :)

Lot's of stuff to choose from on FFN - my personal favorite is Knight Rider: The Beginning - an amazing story about Wilton Knight and Devon's origins and showing Tanya Walker's infiltration.

Rusted Trust was the very first Knight Rider fan fiction to ever be published - though elfin's Soul Survivor often gets that credit as her's is the oldest fic still available. I agree with Knight Racer, quite groundbreaking and definitely explores Michael and KITT's relationship - not my cup of tea personally, it takes things too far and is the first fic to explore the "slash" relationship between the two. JMHO.

Knight Rider Legends came shortly thereafter by another novice writer like myself, but also the first attempt at Knight Rider in modern days (it was originally titled Knight Rider 1998). That writer, Chris Brielmaier took things a step further and actually registered some of his original characters and ideas with the US copyright office... Edit: KRL was the first attempt at an "episodic" approach to a series of fan fiction as opposed to one-offs.

Between then and now there were a handful of gems, a lot of misguided attempts (mine included), but all unique and creative in their own right as authors explored their zone of comfort and their passion.

FFN lately has seen a lot of KR2008 stories.

Before any of us (including myself who has been dying to read Rusted Trust again) email Knight Racer, I would like to ask for a weekend long moratorium. Let's give the courtesy to Chris Brielmaier (Legends) and M9J14C7 (Rusted Trust to voice any concerns they have of sharing their material which has long since vanished from the web. It has not been abandoned in place, it was physically removed, so let's respect their right, give them until Monday to respond, and then we can share for the greater good. Fair?

On a somber note - it is quite sad that the glory days of KR Fic are behind us... for awhile in the early 2000's, there had to have been hundreds of websites with everyone's own stories, and two collective sites have come and gone - Knight Writers Online, and Knight Rider Collective which were able to link to many different stories. Sadly the fandom was irreparably damaged due to drama which I will not go into. It will never be on the level it was a decade ago, but it's great seeing new stories and new writers on FFN.

For my own shameless plug, for the last seven years I've been tinkering with a Knight Rider origin/reboot story - the first, in fact, to attempt to reboot/reimage the franchise. One of the edits is on FFN (Eclipse of the Knight) but I urge you to wait until I begin uploading the final cut, which I feel should be sooner than later.

I really hope a lot more people become inspired once again to write :)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun May 12, 2013 2:58 am

Scott, I used to print your fan fiction as well off your old site in the 90's.i liked your work. I used to read fan fics on the weekends as well as some interesting ones on knight writers online. I loved TKR 2 which was about a second team. Leader was a designer of kro who witnessed the killing of innocent people during the test run and was shut down.

I know I have legends as a set of notepads but not rusted trusted might have to hire someone to scan my 3 binders full of fan fics. I think tkr2 had its own.

I was inspired to write my own called knight of the falcon in a what if world where Michael was teamed with Karr, Kitts the evil twin that eventually Tanya Walker drives . Devonshire a holographic AI system. Manny twists and turns.

MrSmith
Operative

Post by MrSmith » Sun May 12, 2013 7:50 pm

Something to consider

there was some Knight Rider books written back in the day, more detailed stories from episodes,

I haven't read them personally but it might be something to look into getting them from ebay

I've seen them on there from time to time but never bought any myself yet.

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Mon May 13, 2013 8:39 am

I have all of them. I think there were 3 or 4. They weren't too bad.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon May 13, 2013 1:30 pm

I bought the 3 known books phoenix, trust doesn't rust, hearts of stone. I found a rare one that's mouth of the snake under a different title. I found one online that's go loath but a different title in book for. Interesting fact, the book has Garth under a different name altogether.

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Wed May 15, 2013 3:48 am

There's an in-progress work that tells the story of how Knight Industries came to be, Wilton Knight and Devon, as well as more, that is surprisingly in depth and detailed. And it introduces a new "character" that ads some amusement to the story, particularly with Devon.
We all know the story of Michael Knight, but very little is really known about Wilton Knight, the one who started it all, except through second-hand stories and comments throughout the show. This is his story.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5904241/1/K ... -Beginning" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

greelywinger
Rookie

Post by greelywinger » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:42 pm

My fave KR fanfic at the moment is...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1024672/1/White-Bird" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Darryl
"I'd like my songs to be durable to the ear and exciting to the mind" Marc Bolan

knight 9420
Stranger

Post by knight 9420 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:55 pm

hi i have read the KR legends but i'm missing "knight falls" i really enjoyed that how can get it back and how do i find it thanks :dash4:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:59 pm

I have knight fall.What's your email address?

Knightphoenix1
Recruit

Post by Knightphoenix1 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:18 pm

I've read a fan fic years ago and really liked it. I myself have writen two movie scripts and am in the process of writing a fan fiction based on Knight Rider called The Texas Knight Rider, based on my nickname. Its a story I based on a true story about my Ex-Wifes sister that went missing in 2006. I use the Knight 2000 personality in a 2012 Camaro SS with t-tops of course. I don't know if anyone would be interested to read it once its done but if so PM me your email and ill send you a copy.

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:02 pm

the guy that made KR98 what was there names again i can't remember and what is his Facebook link?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Already tried that about a year ago.I contacted him and let him know how great kr98/legends was.He said he hasn't thought about in years.In fact,the last place he had it was a hardcopy stuffed into the draws of his desk at his parents home.I emailed him a copy of his fanifc.He has no intention of continuing the fanfic.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:36 am

I am rather surprised that here at KRO, there's never been a library section that could hold all of these wonderful KR fan fictions. Sure, once upon a time, space was very limited. But, it seems that so much can come and go, due to the passing of web sites or poorly maintained databases. Because, in a way, these stories are as much apart of our unique culture as anything else.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:48 am

I've got soul survivor by elfin which was about 500 pages.Knight Rider legends was a few notepads I saved.I'm still looking for the softcopy version of rusted trust.I have hardcopys of tkr 2,rusted trust,and about 2 huge binders worth of others from knight writers online I used to print at the library for reading over the weekends as a kid.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:41 pm

too bad theres no fan fiction on the timeline events before t.k.r. and right after t.o.s. it could really shed light on what went wrong with martin jantzen and k.r.o.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:18 pm

There is a fan fiction called TKR2 which deals with a second team of drivers and cars.The leader was directly involved with the begining phases of Kro and Kro is one of the villians in that storyline.He made a few episodes with it and one of them with Michael Knight with kitt reuniting with Jenny.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:09 pm

james olden wrote:too bad theres no fan fiction on the timeline events before t.k.r. and right after t.o.s. it could really shed light on what went wrong with martin jantzen and k.r.o.
James - why don't you write for us?! I bet a lot of people would love to read it