I need opinions!!!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K.I.T.T Fan
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

I need opinions!!!

Post by K.I.T.T Fan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:39 pm

Which Kitt is the better one to buy? The Joy Ride Kitt or the Hot wheels Elite 1/18 Kitt?

DanielB
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: I need opinions!!!

Post by DanielB » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:13 pm

You've asked this question several times already. There are comparison photographs from several members on this forum, and lots of discussions about it, which I have linked you to in another thread - the Hot Wheel Elite model is superior in every area.

K.I.T.T Fan
Recruit

Post by K.I.T.T Fan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:14 pm

Thanks

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:02 pm

Hotwheels Elite is much more detailed and up to date, for example the door hinges are realistic while they are done with "doglegs" in ERTL Joyride model which was released in 2004. At the time it was nice model and the first 1/18 KITT & KARR model so if you find a good deal, it is nice addition to any Knight Rider collection but if you want the best currently available 1/18 model of KITT, Hotwheels is the one to get.
Of course Hotwheels KITT is more expensive to what ERTL used to cost but so are other models too these days.
For example I just ordered recently released Minichamps 1/43 VW Golf Mk1 diecast model and with shipping it costs over 50 Euros. It seems gone are the days when I could get new Minichamps model with less than 40 Euros shipping included :(

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:49 pm

The Joyride doesn't have the colored in spokes which someone on this board actually took a sharpie to and I think it turned out ver well.The rear trunk is tinted on the joyride but I do like the accurate size of the hweels to the hot wheels elite.The Joyride comes with amber 3rd lights on the sides instead of only 2 lights per side or a 3rd white light.The shape of the left isde of the dash is more round at the top than the joyride which has a more accurate dash shape.

joyride is the upclose dash shot.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:09 pm

More pics of my joyride kitt:

I was lucky enough to find a Buffy The Vampire Slayer Xander lego toy that fit the loot of Michael Knight and could fit perfectly into my joyride kitt.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BTVS-COMPLETE-B ... 4acb259a84" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

davidmikky
Stranger

Post by davidmikky » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:33 am

Hot Wheel Elite model is superior in every area.
.......Em Crazy..........

Stevie mark
Stranger

Post by Stevie mark » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Both models have really good features...HW kitt has a great nose and rear bumper and really is what the car would have looked like had it had a real turbo boost system and turbine engine....the absence of fog lights in the nose and the oversized tires looks a little odd to me but it is what it is.....HW kitt has a great interior but the pop up seats will challenge your senses as to why something so high in price should be such a pain in the butt!Im constructing a life size model of the knight 2000 and use the Ertyl as a real-life guide because of the true tire size and fog lite features.......however,those turbo boost rocket really got my attention......and that turbine?...I'm just say in'.....

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:45 pm

I think it's simply impressive to see ANY KITT scaled models coming out in this day and age, period. And, not just one, but two. Never mind that they went the route of such a loving level of detail.

Stevie mark
Stranger

Post by Stevie mark » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:39 am

You are absolutely right.......I have become so rapped up in this Kitt project that I've forgotten some of the realistics of this......what really puzzles me is why so many people are drawn to this car and become so involved in the detail of it......the same seems to go along with the robot B-9,and R2D2......maybe humans were assisted by artificial intelligent beings in the past in other solar systems before we were planted here on earth.....