Knight Rider 2008: Did It Suck?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Yes
41%
No
45%
Undecided
14%

Total votes: 29

moviefan2k4
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by moviefan2k4 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:26 am

I really tried to like the reboot, but the stories were terrible. The raunch factor was insane from the beginning of the telefilm, and just got worse in the series. Don't even get me started on KARR being a Transformer ripoff. :(

Skav
FLAG Operative

Re: Knight Rider 2008: Did It Suck?

Post by Skav » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:43 pm

I agree on the lack of original storylines, most of them seemed to be a rip off of movies such as The Terminator, The Hulk, Mission Impossible 2 etc. However, I did enjoy it when it was around and think it was the best attempt at bringing KR back. The last few episodes were good when they got rid of Graiman and the others but it was too late by that point.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

moviefan2k4
Volunteer

Post by moviefan2k4 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:03 pm

Skav wrote:I agree on the lack of original storylines, most of them seemed to be a rip off of movies such as The Terminator, The Hulk, Mission Impossible 2 etc. However, I did enjoy it when it was around and think it was the best attempt at bringing KR back. The last few episodes were good when they got rid of Graiman and the others but it was too late by that point.
I actually liked Bruce Davison as Graiman, but my main complaint about the series was the raunch factor. It was very lightly implied that Michael was a womanizer in the original series, but the 2008 version put that aspect front and center. Don't even get me started on Carrie Rivai being a lesbian, either. :evil:

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:24 pm

The KR tv franchise has ran out of gas with this one, horribly idiotic script ,wasted talents and the final climatic sequence is one of the most confusing errors in tv history

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:37 pm

I liked the series.They really tried to capture the mechanical side of a talking supercomputer car as ki2t was in season one.Perhaps he would have been more humanlinke in season 2 if it happened.I think they tried to capture the buddy buddy feeling that David advised the TKR producers in 97 and how he gave the same advice to Bruening for the 2 hour movie.It had its moments.I've watched the 80's ke episodes about a dozen times each.The 2008 series I watched during its first run and when it was released on dvd but I was very happy to see the show given a second chance to go more in the direction of one man and one car rather than the TKR fiasco.

2knight
Rookie

Post by 2knight » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:50 am

I had mixed feelings about the 2008 series, but overall I liked it. I liked KI3T and Mike and thought they were a good mix. The other characters kind of grew on me. I liked how KI3T's personality was evolving kind of the way a real computer would. I feel some of the elements - notably transforming into other vehicles - were a bit over the top and would have preferred more realistic transformations. The story lines could have been better, but toward the end they were starting to work toward this and I would have liked to see where they went with things in a 2nd season.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:08 am

I feel that the show had real potential. It had vision. It had the budget and the time slot. It could have been something worth remembering. What it really needed was some professional retooling. Because, there is a difference between a gourmet chef and a McD's fry cook. Both will feed you. Both well earn their level of income. But, when this show had one true chance to bring in an audience and wow the majority, wouldn't you want the best chef...or writing staff...that money could buy? They certainly cooked with way too much cheese and seemed to have studied the Baywatch side of David more then the one man that was making a difference.

Besides, Knight Rider already has a sucky reboot. It was called KR 2000. That one can be defended for having brought together David, Edwards, Willaim and even James Doohan. But, I have never liked that attempt from day 1.

KnightGTP
Recruit

Post by KnightGTP » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:19 pm

I just rewatched most the series. I tried watching it when it was on but it was so bad I couldn't keep up with it. After a 2nd viewing I can yes.. Its pretty terrible.

The Bad
-Acting from everyone besides Mike. He did a decent job. Everyone else was so bad.
-Ripping off any idea they could from countless movies.
-No soul in car or the show. It didn't have "it".
-Hated the idea of a giant team working on Kitt.
-Karr was a god damn transformer
-Kitt was so boring. His personalty and his interior was just blah. A glob with red?
-Kitt needed more of his old elements. Update the voice box, gull wing, ANYTHING! It was like a different car with the same title of the show we used to love.
-Ford everything

The good
-The theme song was good. Like they took an old thing that people loved and just updated. This how the whole show should of been. Keep the same vibes that made the old one so good.
-Mike Tracer actor Justin whatever was a good cast.
-That one time the Hoff was in an eps.
-Mustang was an ok choice.. meh
-When the team got trashed and it was more just Mike and the car.

I can't think of anything else that was really good about it. Just watch the old ones on Netflix and forgot this ever happened.
1998 Pontiac GTP

scatpack
Operative

Post by scatpack » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:03 pm

it sucked

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:58 am

It wasn't terrible, but it certainly left a lot to be desired.

The TV Movie in 2008 was far greater than the series - it set up a lot of potential that was seemingly just thrown away and forgotten with the series itself.

olivermoran123
Stranger

Post by olivermoran123 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:09 pm

I have mixed feelings on KR 2008. It felt rushed to me, the stories were also poor compared to the 80s series. It should of had known actors in it instead of unknown and a lot of it was far fetched like a transformer KARR which in real terms it would of beaten KITT who was only a little car compared to a giant robot. I also feel it didn't have enough references back to the original series and i also disliked the fact it was a big team looking after KITT other than one woman and the boss. 2008 was ok, but didm't feel special and was un believable in the cars ability to do do stuff. Not enough of the originals KITTs features were saved. The stories in 1982 were much better and well thought out and written, these stories feel as though they were written on the toilet. As KR fans we should of got a lot better and we didn't. Perhaps the problem was KR 1982 was just too good. The Hoff was out-standing, the car was just amazing, and the stories were interesting and easy to follow. I have both the 1982 box set of KR and the 2008 version on DVD, I bet you can't guess what one gets watched the most!! :D

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:12 pm

All post original KR attempts have been pathetic to say the least. KR2000 was bad but at least the acting was far better and it did not rely on skin, raunch and two adults acting like love sick teenagers, yuck! None of the characters had any depth to them, they seemed like drones just going through the motions and the plots were beyond pitiful. So yeah KR 2008 sucked and I hope there are no more attempts to bring KR back to the small or big screen, I don't think I can take it anymore.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Playing Devil's Advocate...

For starters, I think "raunchy" is the wrong word for KR08. If you want to call it "titilating" or "gratuitous", fine, but raunch is a bit much. And here's something to keep in mind- KR82 tried pushing boundaries of its own: Michael basically spent a week art the Playboy Mansion. His fiance was framed as a hooker. Adrianne seduced a high school boy to get him to steal the Knight 2000. And who can forget April's top in "Return to Cadiz"?

Here's the ad for "Knight of a Thousand Devils":

They were using Playboy magazine to promote the show. And not relying on the articles.

All of this, and keep in mind that KR82 had a younger target audience than KR08. (Objective test: how many kids appear on screen in each series?) A lot of these things may seem tame today, but let's not pretend that KR82 was a sweet innocent show.

As for the acting and plots - I know we all look fondly upon the original series, but the writing wasn't exactly Shakespeare. Especially in the early episodes, which is really the best comparison to KR08 which only had 1 season. The plots and characters of the original show were very generic and cliche. We enjoyed them, but they weren't great. If anything, the problem with KR08 is that they made the plots too complicated.

KR08 had a solid foundation, and on many occasions I think they really captured the fun and excitement, or "heart", of the original show. On many occasions, they screwed up. BIG time. But did it suck? Absolutely not.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

lphill01
Operative

Post by lphill01 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:33 pm

I don't think it sucked, however there was considerable room for improvement. KR2008 was the best chance to revive the franchise. I would've preferred if they would've stuck more to the format they had in the pilot movie, and I really think the show was getting much better after FLAG was reinstated and they cut ties to the FBI. The things that bothered me were how much emphesis they put on Mike's classified past as well as KARR's existance through most of the season, only to blurt it out in Knight to King's Pawn. I think Knight to King's Pawn deserved a 2 part episode alot more than the episode before it, and KARR as a transformer sucked. One of the things that made the original series rock was the random side interactions that KITT had with outside people and animals, as well as his personallity toward Micheal. While 08 was developing this back into the story line (the car thieves at Sonny's, Mattie, etc) it was unfortunately too late in the season, and most fans had already made up their minds by then. The other thing is KITT's design. This would've presented a real challenge to do any differantly in modern times. While I wished they could've made more modifications from stock, the point was that with where modern tech is, there was no reason for KITT to look like Darth Vader's bathroom with everything being digital projections and voice commanded. I do still think the GT500KR was a good choice given what cars were available at the time. Had the Camaro or Trans Am been released, there's a good chance it would've been used. But I'm happy they stuck with an American pony car. If I would've changed anything on the exterior, I would've probably shaved the badges and stripes.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:08 am

"Sucks" and "Raunchy" is kinda strong words. I would rather say misguided. It tried to hit so many different things it was kinda jumbled up. Both the TV movie and TV series had a lot of issues. and even they didn't match up well. They put some adult level scenes that really didn't help the storylines at all. It just didn't seem parallel to the original series. Micheal Knight would've never abandon his child. Jennifer Knight was over Knight Industries in Season Four. The TV Movie Attack mode was cool, the TV Series Attack mode is "Slammin Sammy's" inspired, but simply too much :( .

Too many main actors....But the choice of the 500KR Mustang was the best choice for the KI3T. The other FORD Vehicles were just not good at all. Bruening was perfect as Micheal Knight II. They should've gotten better writers. KARR simply wasn't up to par and had no NANO's... Mike Knight fakes death THEN go and sees his friends on later episodes. :?

KI3T was ok, especially after Knight to Kings Pawn.....which should've been a TWO PART EPISODE being it was hyped up with commercials. No commercialing, no toy KI3Ts, no lunchboxes, no Big Wheels, nothin. But it could've stayed for another season..or returned later on like VIPER..but Chuck stayed.....
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

JJohnson
Rookie

Post by JJohnson » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:10 am

2knight wrote:I had mixed feelings about the 2008 series, but overall I liked it. I liked KI3T and Mike and thought they were a good mix. The other characters kind of grew on me. I liked how KI3T's personality was evolving kind of the way a real computer would. I feel some of the elements - notably transforming into other vehicles - were a bit over the top and would have preferred more realistic transformations. The story lines could have been better, but toward the end they were starting to work toward this and I would have liked to see where they went with things in a 2nd season.
Overall I liked it better than TKR and Knight Rider 2000 for being a sequel to the original series. I would've certainly done other things differently - the female FBI agent and Graiman would've been gone, have one single boss character, have different techs in the main hanger - perhaps a Scottish girl similar to Amy Pond to the nerdy Rory-like character we already got. Maybe get rid of the transformations of KITT and restrict it to something a bit more do-able, like electrochromatic glass that can darken, and color changing shell, and external displays like we saw, and add a very visible VU-meter voicebox, and maybe one or two more actual displays in the dash to harken back to KITT. I really enjoyed the later episodes over the earlier episodes, as they seemed to be more in the direction and feel of the original series of a loner and his car out doing good.

JJohnson
Rookie

Post by JJohnson » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:42 am

KnightGTP wrote:I just rewatched most the series. I tried watching it when it was on but it was so bad I couldn't keep up with it. After a 2nd viewing I can yes.. Its pretty terrible.

The Bad
-Acting from everyone besides Mike. He did a decent job. Everyone else was so bad.
-Ripping off any idea they could from countless movies.
-No soul in car or the show. It didn't have "it".
-Hated the idea of a giant team working on Kitt.
-Karr was a god damn transformer
-Kitt was so boring. His personalty and his interior was just blah. A glob with red?
-Kitt needed more of his old elements. Update the voice box, gull wing, ANYTHING! It was like a different car with the same title of the show we used to love.
-Ford everything

The good
-The theme song was good. Like they took an old thing that people loved and just updated. This how the whole show should of been. Keep the same vibes that made the old one so good.
-Mike Tracer actor Justin whatever was a good cast.
-That one time the Hoff was in an eps.
-Mustang was an ok choice.. meh
-When the team got trashed and it was more just Mike and the car.

I can't think of anything else that was really good about it. Just watch the old ones on Netflix and forgot this ever happened.
I see your point. I'd say:

Good:
-Kitt could color change. It makes sense as a technological upgrade
-Kitt had HUD technology, which makes a lot of sense
-Michael had an earwig instead of a watch.
-Sarah Graiman. She had potential as a character.
-Michael was cast well and could fight well.
-theme song had cues to the original, just not enough

Bad:
-not enough visual cues to the original series in the new car, such as more prominent voicebox/VU-meter, some extra blinky displays, perhaps function pods, tach meter and RPM meter, just updated stylings
-Dr Graiman, Carrie Ravai, Alex Torres. Just give us a Devon Miles equivalent
-Zoe and Billy. They were a bit meh in characterization.
-Mike's military background wasn't utilized enough in storylines
-too dark. It didn't capture the 'spirit' of the original show.
-Mike wasn't very charismatic in a lot of scenes like David Hasselhoff was.
-Compare David's character and his relationship to Bonnie, Devon, and April vs. Justin's character and his relationship to Graiman, Sarah, Zoe, Billy, Alex, and Carrie. Too many characters to worry about. I find myself wishing Justin's Mike could've had a Michael/Bonnie kind of brother/sister relationship with Sarah, or perhaps Zoe.
-Too many hidden agendas on the part of Alex and Carrie.
-Too much open sexuality. In the original, it was implied he was a lady's man, here it was thrown in our faces. Different broadcast standards perhaps, but it could've been handled differently.
-KARR was brought back badly - A Transformer? His CPU was left on the sand where he exploded a second time. Someone could've found it, reverse-engineered it, and constructed a new KARR. That would've made more sense.

Suggestions:
-use an aerial drone like VIPER had for visual recording/surveillance, and for pinning a geotagger on someone so KITT can track him. Lots of situations in the original series where something like that would've been helpful.
-KITT had all his abilities from the '08 series except vehicle changing. He can go into an off-road mode with altered suspension and bigger tires (like Viper), super pursuit mode, and attack mode, and color change skin and rotating license plates.
-complete reboot of this continuity with a Devon Miles analog, mention Dr. Graiman in passing and Sarah Graiman in passing and perhaps as a guest star. Replace Zoe and Billy with two new characters: a Charlotte Montgomery (Scottish auto tech-wizard, the Bonnie/April of this series), and Billy, the computer research wiz who finds and hacks into things. The two would have a vaguely similar relationship to Zoe/Billy that would grow into a friendship, but nothing more, and Charlotte would act like his big sister. Mike would flirt with Charlotte but treat her like a sister, like Michael/Bonnie would in the original.
-Anthony Head could be the new "Devon Miles" (need a new name).
-find inspiration in the original series' episodes for story ideas without ripping them off exactly.
-keep the crew small - Michael, his techs, and "Devon." Everyone else would be guest stars, including Sarah Graiman.
-Michael gets a new face and name to Michael Knight, and the original Michael Knight is still his dad, but with an actual character from the original series as his mom, making a return appearance at some point.
-KITT might still be a Mustang, but all black with one scanner. He can keep a 'super pursuit mode' and perhaps an attack mode, but both are separate purpose.
-KARR can return, but only because someone found his CPU unit and repaired it and restored it into a vehicle, and not as a Transformer.

Just a few ideas.

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:14 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:Playing Devil's Advocate...

For starters, I think "raunchy" is the wrong word for KR08. If you want to call it "titilating" or "gratuitous", fine, but raunch is a bit much. And here's something to keep in mind- KR82 tried pushing boundaries of its own: Michael basically spent a week art the Playboy Mansion. His fiance was framed as a hooker. Adrianne seduced a high school boy to get him to steal the Knight 2000. And who can forget April's top in "Return to Cadiz"?

Here's the ad for "Knight of a Thousand Devils":

They were using Playboy magazine to promote the show. And not relying on the articles.

All of this, and keep in mind that KR82 had a younger target audience than KR08. (Objective test: how many kids appear on screen in each series?) A lot of these things may seem tame today, but let's not pretend that KR82 was a sweet innocent show.

As for the acting and plots - I know we all look fondly upon the original series, but the writing wasn't exactly Shakespeare. Especially in the early episodes, which is really the best comparison to KR08 which only had 1 season. The plots and characters of the original show were very generic and cliche. We enjoyed them, but they weren't great. If anything, the problem with KR08 is that they made the plots too complicated.

KR08 had a solid foundation, and on many occasions I think they really captured the fun and excitement, or "heart", of the original show. On many occasions, they screwed up. BIG time. But did it suck? Absolutely not.
I guess "raunchy" is a relative term that has different meanings for different people. For me things like, multiple sexual partners, promiscuous behaviour, characters stripping down to their underwear and huddling while naked all in a show about a talking car seem raunchy. I know that all television shows are like this now but it all seems very moronic and totally contrived. Nobody ever said that the original was all ponies and rainbows however the new show beats it hands down when it comes to using sexuality to keep the attention of the audience.

The ad you used as an example is from the fourth season, by then KR was all but dead and buried so they became desperate and resorted to the lowest common denominator. KR08 was already scraping the bottom of the barrel from the beginning, it's not like they started without all the breasts and butts and then went to it later on.

Lastly, sure KR had cheesy writing and worn out themes like the "evil twin" but the main characters were somewhat believable and the acting was better then a bunch of duds going through the motions to get a paycheck. The original had mediocre writing, acting and themes but in the end it was fun and never took itself too seriously and that is what the true charm of it was. KR08 was not fun and tried too hard to be cool, then add the forced sexuality and you have a recipe for failure, the rest is history.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:21 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:Playing Devil's Advocate...

For starters, I think "raunchy" is the wrong word for KR08.
Raunchy:
1. Earthy and sexually explicit. (A raunchy novel)
2. Suggestive of or tending to moral looseness.
3. [US] Thickly covered with ingrained dirt or soot.

In the opening pilot, KITT was set on fire. So, KITT had to drive across the Earth as co-stars became suggestive of some moral looseness, almost to the point of being sexually explicit, by removing almost all of their clothes. And...I wouldn't be surprised if all that fire was creating a bit of soot upon KITT's exterior, right along with some dirt.

Erm...yea. I'd say that KR2008 came right out of the starting gate with the word Raunchy attached to it.

Quite honestly, I didn't even mean to compare the show with that word. But, I looked it up in my PC's dictionary program and the descriptions fit to the T.

OutRider
Volunteer

Post by OutRider » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:13 pm

They missed what KR was about by a long shot. They threw too much money at it and too much technology. It was too fake and overly sexual. I actually feel almost the same way about the original yet in its day it was much more logically possible to do all of the things that were done. When I saw KITT turn entirely into a truck for absolutely no reason, it destroyed the show. The spirit of the show died right there.
OUTRIDR- pursuing the creation of the fastest replica

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Is it just me or did it seem that the show was intended just for FAILING? Like it was made just for the heck of it? No endorsements, no toys, no lunchboxes, no Big Wheels, no real connections to the 08 show....besides watching the show. Comparing it to the Original Show, with all it had....even counting the Chinese knockoffs toys. What really was the intentions and expected results for the show, honestly???? Just seems so MISGUIDED. Like a social experiment for its fans...
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:03 pm

KNIGHT RIDER:2008 DID NOT SUCK IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM!!!! IT ROCKED!!! IN MY OPINION, KNIGHT RIDER:2008 WAS THE BEST SHOW NBC HAS HAD IN PRIME TIME IN A LONG TIME!!! KR:2008 was the Most Recent show that I had watched on there(Whch shows you how far NBC has fallen). :good: :good: :good: :good:

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:20 pm

I Saw this version and I Said let's hope this is the end of the KR TV Franchise for real, the original will always be a classic, the rest are just trash.

arizonagirl11
Volunteer

Post by arizonagirl11 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:17 am

I did not like it myself. Here are my reasons.

First, it seemed to be one big commercial for Ford, which I felt was lame.
Second, the Mustang was not changed enough to become KITT. The scanner was simply placed in a slot that is already existing in the stock Shelby. Okay, fine. But inside the car, KITT's voice modulator being a snowglobe like contraption? People used to enter KITT and be like "wow, this is an awesome dash!" Like John did upon seeing KARR's dash. Now, they enter KITT and say "what is that snowglobe thing on your dash?" It turns KITT into this awesome vehicle, into a real lame one.
Third, KITT's character I did not like. In one episode, Mike had KITT turboboost at an angle, and KITT screached "like a girl", literally screaming in fear. Is that really something KITT would do? Then Mike makes fun of him for it. Intentions was probably to have more "human like interactions" between Mike and KITT, but it was in your face forced, and very poorly done.
Kitt and Mike's relationship, was not good, and we did not see it grow like we did with Michael and KITT in the original. At least, in my opinion. Even in the episode when KITT was all mangled, Mike was more worried about flirting with a girl, then KITT's welfare.
The action of the show, was, in my opinion, poor. They tried to highlight KITT's abilities way too much, which really brought things down for me. When KITT is being shot at, is it REALLY necessary to show a slow motion of bullets hitting KITT, penetrating, then bouncing up, and the hole being instantly repaired? Lets not forget the little introduction to the turbo boost ability every time KITT turbo boosted. IN the original, it was action. In this one, it was grand standing. Show KITT getting away from a shooter. We get it. He's bullet proof!
I HATED the episode with KARR. Part of what made KARR so exciting, is that he is the identical twin to KITT, just "evvil". The new KARR is anything but identical to KITT. The only time we see KARR as identical, is the very rare glimpses we get of his yellow scanner, and then, a quick view when KARR transforms back to mustang to leave the wherehouse. Commercial, suddenly, we see KARR for a split second coming towards KITT, then boom robot mode. We never see KARR again, and never see his insides. We never get to see KARR as a character. KARR isn't built up. If anything, the focus was on the government shutting down the foundation. The storyline of KARR was lame. The foundation made a new car with a programming fault... Better writing? They found KARR's parts in the desert from his run-ins with KITT, and tried to salvage the CPU, since it was still in operation after their collision, thinking their new technology can fix KARR. But instead, they make some lame story line, saying the foundation made KARR, and accidentally programmed him wrong.... errr, already done. BUILD on the story, instead of trying to redo the story. It may have been cool for those who never saw the original Knight Rider, but for me, it was a real let down, and quite lame.

The original Knight Rider, focused on only a few people. Michael, Devil, Bonnie, and KITT as they solve crime, and combat powerful enemies. The characters were close to one another. you can really feel that family bond between them, which really made the series personal,warm, and sincere. The new show, they had too many characters, the government, and it was, well, nothing like the original in those respects. The characters were hard to like.

I think in the end, they started realizing this. I think the episode with KARR was brought about, in order to bring on a new direction of the show, and make it more like the original, with only a small group of people, who eventually, become like family. Would they have been successful? Who knows. However, I think they waited too long to bring about those changes, should not have used the episode with KARR to do it, as that is a huge thing for Knight Rider fans, and I think at that point, a lot of fans simply lost interest. Kind of a too little too late scenario when it comes to the new Knight Rider.

As for the car itself. One person said it best, in today's world, how do we make a car that is as magnificent as KITT during his time? In reality, if KITT was made today, his dash would seem archaic with the buttons, as everything is now touch screen. But hey,, maybe that's the answer. Make a dash like that in IRobot. A touch screen, kind of like a space ship. And an awesome voice modulator. Plus, a nice, sleek car, like the original KITT was. I think that would be an awesome beginning!

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:33 am

And here's a reason why I Think KR 08 sucked horribly, the last shot of the premiere of the most pathetic errors in recent TV History, michael knight gets shot to death by the FBI but after the black screen, he wakes up with his clothes on and no blood, truly pathetic.