'Knight Rider' movie begins to step on the accelerator

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

tharpdevenport
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: 'Knight Rider' movie begins to step on the accelerator

Post by tharpdevenport » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:20 pm

DevonStyles wrote:As long as we don't have any transforming cars I'm ok with it.
Ah, come on -- you mean you don't want a Michael Bay-directed film where Michael shouts into his wrist-watch, "K.I.T.T., I need ya, buddy!", and suddely a towering Transformers-like K.I.T.T. bursts through the wall, with a big pointless messy score by Jablonsky?

:wink:
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Skav wrote: But I don't want any slapstick comedy stuff a'la Starsky and Hutch. If they go that route then I am out.
That and the crud that was the Dukes remake, ok maybe 1 or 2 funny scenes but if they do this to Knight Rider I'll cry haha.

Nicholas Knight
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Nicholas Knight » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:54 pm

Have any of you guys seen Stealth???? If the KR movie is on THAT level, honestly I'd be satisfied. As for transformations, I did like the way they did Turbo Boost in the 08 series, with lil rockets under the car and the boosting sequence. Not any over-the-top mess. Keep a basic form, like the Original Series did til season 4.
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:52 pm

Nicholas Knight wrote:Have any of you guys seen Stealth???? If the KR movie is on THAT level, honestly I'd be satisfied. As for transformations, I did like the way they did Turbo Boost in the 08 series, with lil rockets under the car and the boosting sequence. Not any over-the-top mess. Keep a basic form, like the Original Series did til season 4.
Stealth was kind of a bad movie, some good action scenes no doubt but I'm not sure that would work well with a KR movie. If there is somewhat of a good script, good action and heart from the series involved in making the characters likeable bearing in mind suitable actors to play the parts, especially Kitt then they may be on to something and we could be talking a sequel or two even! you never know :)

I would mention JJ Abrams and what he did with Star Trek and how he respected the source material and added a bunch of new stuff for the the audience at the same time keeping the majority of fans happy, doubtful it'll be that way but we can't be condemned for wishing KR gets that kind of treatment for it's feature film debut.

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:35 am

Nicholas Knight wrote:Have any of you guys seen Stealth???? If the KR movie is on THAT level, honestly I'd be satisfied. As for transformations, I did like the way they did Turbo Boost in the 08 series, with lil rockets under the car and the boosting sequence. Not any over-the-top mess. Keep a basic form, like the Original Series did til season 4.
I remember watching Stealth and I didn't like it. If the KR movie is going to go down that route they might as well get Steven Seagal to play Michael Knight and the movie can go straight to DVD.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:27 pm

blowersho wrote:I remember watching Stealth and I didn't like it. If the KR movie is going to go down that route they might as well get Steven Seagal to play Michael Knight and the movie can go straight to DVD.
:mrgreen:

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Everybody's a critic...lol. Even though the movie isn't liked by everybody, it had great special effects, action, and a super computer controlled vehicle. As for Seagal....im just glad u didn't say Ryan Seacrest.... ;-)

Micaela Knight
Recruit

Post by Micaela Knight » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:18 pm

JamesBondMustangGT wrote:I hope it's done right. As long as the car doesn't transform. That was to me what ruined the 2008 series.
I know what you mean. KITT in Super Pursuit Mode is as far as I'm willing to see them go down *that* road.
I wouldn't touch that one with a ten-foot drive shaft!
Please remove the staple from my fender.

Life should be about love, about being happy.- David Hasselhoff

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:50 am

It could make a great joke if the modern KITT were to try to hold a conversation with one of today's 'smart' talking devices. Then, KITT would just grumble to Michael. "You would think that over the course of computer history, they could have figured out how to make computers hold a conversation, by now." Michael glares back. "Buddy. You're so one-of-a-kind, they'll need another 50 years just to re-invent you."

Pac-Man
Rookie

Post by Pac-Man » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:52 am

weeezl wrote: I would mention JJ Abrams and what he did with Star Trek and how he respected the source material and added a bunch of new stuff for the the audience at the same time keeping the majority of fans happy, doubtful it'll be that way but we can't be condemned for wishing KR gets that kind of treatment for it's feature film debut.
God, I hope it does not go the way of JJ or his ideas of a reboot. "This is not your father's Star Trek"...yep, nailed that one on the head. I thought the new Star Trek movies were horrible! I have been a Star Trek fan for most of my life and I just cannot get past the ridiculous lack of respect for everything the series have stood for. I mean sure he kept the characters the same, but the lack of consistency with everything else just ruined it. Being able to see Leonard Nimoy on screen as Spock one last time was, in my opinion, the only thing that saved the movies.

I will part with these last two points:

1) The fans of JJ's new Star Trek are not the ones that buy the merchandise or even the DVDs and Blu-rays, thus supporting the franchise. The first movie was considered a box office hit, but less than 3 months after the movie was available on DVD and Blu-ray it could be had on clearance for $1.99 at Wal-mart. Now that to me speaks volumes about it s success.

2) There was something good to come out of the two new movies though, and I am sure the same would hold true of a Knight Rider movie provided it did not tank. Merchandise! There was tons of new merchandise, and I am not talking about the new movie merchandise. Licenses were renewed and a slew of new products were released for the various series. That is my only hope for a new Knight Rider movie...It just will never be the same unless Glenn is behind it 100%.

Okay, I am off my soap box now. No disrespect was intended weeezl. I just felt that on behalf of Star Trek fans everywhere I had to step up.
Check out Project: K.I.T.T. - http://www.pac-attack.com/project-k-i-t-t" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Ultimate Knight Rider Map - http://www.pac-attack.com/project-k-i-t-t/replica-map" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Just found this video about them starting to work on the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxT9uTD ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Looks pretty interesting...I have faith it will be pretty good. I just hope Hoff plays as Wilton Knight.
:)

Tbird100636
Recruit

Post by Tbird100636 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:17 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Just found this video about them starting to work on the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxT9uTD ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Video is gone, YT account associated with it is terminated.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:21 pm

We need JJ Abrams to reboot Knight Rider, the same way Michael Bay did the first transformers movie (although the sequels stunk)

plus make the new corvette stingray KITT, make it have a ultimate molecular bonded shell,nano technology, ultra smooth and sleek and reflective, add super pursuit mode and attack mode (like in the KR 08 Pilot)

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:49 am

It's ashame that they can't put together a few top notch, Hollywood choices and produce a kind of opening scene for review by the general audience. A kind of 'What we will do' resume to earn the right to make this movie with. After all, job applicants have to be interviewed. Why not crews interviewing to the fan base?

Probably require too many millions of dollars to do. But, it's still an off-the-wall idea.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:15 pm

:::Ahem::::

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:40 am

That's the first half-way decent new K.I.T.T. I have seen!

Re-design the lights (too bigand oddly shaped), cover the ugly wide-open grill, and put the same buh caps from the original series on it, and I might like it.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

Pac-Man
Rookie

Post by Pac-Man » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:57 am

kitt34 wrote:We need JJ Abrams to reboot Knight Rider
:shock: :-?
Check out Project: K.I.T.T. - http://www.pac-attack.com/project-k-i-t-t" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Ultimate Knight Rider Map - http://www.pac-attack.com/project-k-i-t-t/replica-map" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:20 pm

I also added kitt's old spoiler and front bulbs to give him a bit of his old looks.

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:33 am

That's great that you spent that time to make those changes. I didn't even ask. :-)

Yup, I think I have a winner here. I'd make other definements, but I'm definately falling for this as the new K.I.T.T.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Pac-Man wrote:
kitt34 wrote:We need JJ Abrams to reboot Knight Rider
:shock: :-?
And make it in 35 mm film to recapture the glory of the 80's.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:00 am

Is technicolor still around?

David
Rookie

Post by David » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:27 pm

That Corvette is the tits! You could even make the whole upper part of the grille into a mega-sized scanner (not sure about putting it high up on the hood as some have already tried to do).

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:21 pm

This just about took my photoshop skills to the their limits.Had to lower the lip of the hood and move down the scanner,then make it all fit just right with touchups.

For those of you who feel kitt should always be equiped with t-tops:

OutRider
Volunteer

Post by OutRider » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:41 pm

Please dear gOD, leave David out of this movie. He jumped in on the horrid reboot and should now stay away from KR. Just get some ugly looking hot head that knows how to fight and be polite. Perhaps just out of the Marines? They start off with Devon dead, FLAG dead, and Michael hiding in some government protection program. The US is falling apart and its police are becoming oppressive and brutal. Militias are building vehicles in order to fight back against it. In the movie we simply follow this one man and an extreme couple others that happened to have access to wilton knights last remaining arsenal of parts and reconstructed kitt over the last 10 years (having only the same abilities using todays tech). The storylines follow regular american problems from the backwoods to the city streets were people cant rely on due process of Americas failed system.

SO simple and relatable to everyone in reality. Would have made a better show in my opinion.
-did i get a bit off topic?
OUTRIDR- pursuing the creation of the fastest replica