How many Knight 3000 are still around??

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

How many Knight 3000 are still around??

Post by krkitt1 » Sat May 25, 2013 7:07 pm

It just seems that everytime I turn around, I see people giving up on building a KITT 3000.
How many are completed?
How many are still being made?
How many gave up?
How many are keeping there KITT's
I tink I'm the only one in the Chicago Area. 2 years ago at the Knight Rider Festival, there was 6 of the Mustang KITT's, this time there were only 2, Mine and Richard's. Also did someone here just sold there Voice ORB on eBay? cause I'm already being asking about how to install it and about the program.

lphill01
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: How many Knight 3000 are still around??

Post by lphill01 » Sun May 26, 2013 12:41 pm

I'n still working on my KARR 2.0. Almost done with the body work.

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Sun May 26, 2013 2:58 pm

hey that is cool man share it with us.....

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Mon May 27, 2013 4:27 am

same with me ,as far as I know I'm the only one in France

Knightphoenix1
Recruit

Post by Knightphoenix1 » Mon May 27, 2013 3:53 pm

I'm still building a Knight 3000. I'm making what I consider a season 2/ season 6. I got the Super Snake hood instead and I plan to continue to build this car. Though I can't seem to get a real voice orb or find a good scanner. So I'm probably gonna wing it and make a season 2/ season 6 however you look at it.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:09 pm

Glad to hear there are still a few of us... I havn't seen Matt from Texas on or if he still has his KITT Mustang.
Knightphoenix1, if you need a scanner, there's Jason from Frankfort, IL that makes a very nice one. I have one in my car, as for the ORB, there are two people that are selling theres and I can check to see what kind of price if you like. As for me, I still have the HID headlights and the red inserts to do and then the car will be done. I'm working on some props for the car for carshows. If anyone wants the correct airvents for your car, please pm me. I drive mine everyday, after this past week driving to Vegas, I have 75500 miles on mine. I have no plans on selling or returning the car back to a stock Mustang. I'm looking for other Movie/TV cars near me to get together for shows , if you are near Chicago, please pm me. We do have a Car Stars here in Illinois but nothing is happening with it and I really want to get it going. If you are in Illinois and want to join, please contact Brian at the Volo Auto Museum in Volo Illinois.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:12 pm

Knightphoenix1 wrote:I'm still building a Knight 3000. I'm making what I consider a season 2/ season 6. I got the Super Snake hood instead and I plan to continue to build this car. Though I can't seem to get a real voice orb or find a good scanner. So I'm probably gonna wing it and make a season 2/ season 6 however you look at it.
That's cool!!! what are you going to add to the car? it don't have to be just like the show, I like when someone puts there own spin on a car. I wish our cars had more buttons like the Trans Am.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Pierre wrote:same with me ,as far as I know I'm the only one in France
Pierre, Your car is looking great!!!!!

lphill01
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by lphill01 » Tue May 28, 2013 3:46 am

AppleMacri1980,

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3074533/2 ... -coupe-2d/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Tue May 28, 2013 5:42 am

krkitt1 wrote:
thanks Ted you'r' advise and friendship were very helpful

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Tue May 28, 2013 8:03 am

we should consider putting a message board or a FB page for 3000 builders

2knight
Rookie

Post by 2knight » Tue May 28, 2013 9:19 am

I'm still building Knight 3000 in Norfolk, Virginia. The work has been slow because I bought a house last year and have needed to divert finances to home repair and improvement. I've also had some big repair and maintenance expenses on the car the past year - had to replace the struts and shocks and recently the ball joint / A-arms. I was also in a car accident a few weeks ago. Only the front bumper and lights were damaged, but I'm looking at this as an opportunity to upgrade.

I'm doing a hybrid Attack Mode KITT somewhere between the Pilot and the Series with some creative license. I figure KITT could transform into any configuration he was programmed to. A few months ago I upgraded the wheels. I didn't get the Alcoa. I went with black GT500 wheels. The new bumper (should arrive this week) will be a Street Scene bumper. I like this one because there's a wide lower grill area that I figure I can modify if I want to add any "gadgets". At the very least I plan to get a motorized retractable license plate for the front. I'm upgrading to projector headlights with the bumper upgrade and will eventually add headlight splitters. I will probably go with the GT-S style hood and Stallion side-skirts. I have the Stallion rear bumper. I also have side scoops and a wing style rear spoiler. I have the Auto Indulgence scanner - the smaller one they offered a few years ago for about $100. When I get the hood I'll upgrade to something better.

Inside I do have a car computer with an 7" LCD display replacing the stock radio, but no voice orb yet. I don't want to mess with moving the AC / Heater controls so I'm not going to do a full LCD panel in that area like the one in the Pilot. I may try my hand at creating my own version, especially if Taoworm's orb is no longer available. I plan to have a back seat console similar to the Pilot one. I also have ideas for a windshield HUD. At some point I'll change out the interior trim, upgrade the carpeting, and dress up the engine. I have considered adding a handful of buttons for accessories and gadgets I want instant control over - possibly behind the driver window controls on the door armrest. I plan to get the Fusion Brain controller for the car computer and most accessories and gadgets will be controlled through that. I'm hoping there's a way to add voice control through that, but will cross that bridge when I get the interface.

I have lots of ideas, but the car is a work in progress and continues to progress as I have the time and money to devote to it.

Perhaps we should have an online Registry for Knight 3000 replicas. I know there used to be one for Knight 2000s. It might still be there. I haven't checked in a while.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:46 am

Pierre wrote:
krkitt1 wrote:
thanks Ted you'r' advise and friendship were very helpful
Thank Pierre, The feeling is the same.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:50 am

2knight wrote:I'm still building Knight 3000 in Norfolk, Virginia. The work has been slow because I bought a house last year and have needed to divert finances to home repair and improvement. I've also had some big repair and maintenance expenses on the car the past year - had to replace the struts and shocks and recently the ball joint / A-arms. I was also in a car accident a few weeks ago. Only the front bumper and lights were damaged, but I'm looking at this as an opportunity to upgrade.

I'm doing a hybrid Attack Mode KITT somewhere between the Pilot and the Series with some creative license. I figure KITT could transform into any configuration he was programmed to. A few months ago I upgraded the wheels. I didn't get the Alcoa. I went with black GT500 wheels. The new bumper (should arrive this week) will be a Street Scene bumper. I like this one because there's a wide lower grill area that I figure I can modify if I want to add any "gadgets". At the very least I plan to get a motorized retractable license plate for the front. I'm upgrading to projector headlights with the bumper upgrade and will eventually add headlight splitters. I will probably go with the GT-S style hood and Stallion side-skirts. I have the Stallion rear bumper. I also have side scoops and a wing style rear spoiler. I have the Auto Indulgence scanner - the smaller one they offered a few years ago for about $100. When I get the hood I'll upgrade to something better.

Inside I do have a car computer with an 7" LCD display replacing the stock radio, but no voice orb yet. I don't want to mess with moving the AC / Heater controls so I'm not going to do a full LCD panel in that area like the one in the Pilot. I may try my hand at creating my own version, especially if Taoworm's orb is no longer available. I plan to have a back seat console similar to the Pilot one. I also have ideas for a windshield HUD. At some point I'll change out the interior trim, upgrade the carpeting, and dress up the engine. I have considered adding a handful of buttons for accessories and gadgets I want instant control over - possibly behind the driver window controls on the door armrest. I plan to get the Fusion Brain controller for the car computer and most accessories and gadgets will be controlled through that. I'm hoping there's a way to add voice control through that, but will cross that bridge when I get the interface.

I have lots of ideas, but the car is a work in progress and continues to progress as I have the time and money to devote to it.

Perhaps we should have an online Registry for Knight 3000 replicas. I know there used to be one for Knight 2000s. It might still be there. I haven't checked in a while.
That is a cool idea!!! You know, we don't know how KITT would of looked liked if we had got more Seasons,

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:34 am

Ok, I'm working on a Facebook page for us, it should be up later today. I want everyone to post pictures, if you need help or any info that will help others. I will post the name later today.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:55 pm

If you go to https://www.facebook.com/kitt.knight.520" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; then look in group for Knight Industries Three Thousand Builders. If this don't work, then I will just make a reg page for it.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed May 29, 2013 9:40 pm

i am still planning on making a Kitt 3000 replica (more appearance wise, no orb) but I am going to do it with a real GT500, just trying to find a GT500 with the options I want like the red inserts.

I already have the Shelby Alcoa wheels in my basement, just need the car hahaha
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

KoehlerIndustries
Recruit

Post by KoehlerIndustries » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:08 pm

Im still here Ted! I apologize for my in and out, but my wifes cancer keeps me busy and traveling. We still have KI3T and have been enjoying him since I took him out from winter storage. I still have the lower grille with bezzels to do, interior mods such as the dash pannels and faux orb I got from you a few years back, I have the head rest, just waiting to finish the dash to put them on, mount my scanner and lenses.. So he is almost there! I will try to post pics as soon as I can! :kitt2:

Knightphoenix1
Recruit

Post by Knightphoenix1 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Krkitt1, I thought about it and even the original Kitt changed a little bit. I'm keeping the wheel from the series, but if I can't get the orb I planed on putting carbon tech on the dash makeing the center flat like the movie, then putting the iPad in. But keep it upright, like the movie. I couldn't get the Alcoa wheels so I found a really nice set from a company called Vossen vvs-cs1's and they look very Knight Rider like, check em out. Outside I just need the front and rear bumpers. I think I'll use the duel black stripes they just look nice. Though if anyone has, or knows someone with the mycolor gauges I really would like that.