Sneak Peek of New Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT!!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DiggiDiDuck
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Sneak Peek of New Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT!!

Post by DiggiDiDuck » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:57 am

When you push the seat down on top of the back rest, they should be easily locked. Pushing only the seat won't work at mine.

MrSmith
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by MrSmith » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:00 am

DiggiDiDuck wrote:When you push the seat down on top of the back rest, they should be easily locked. Pushing only the seat won't work at mine.
thanks, I must try that, I just didn't want to break the thing!

how firmly would you say you push down on it?

thanks.

DiggiDiDuck
Recruit

Post by DiggiDiDuck » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:25 am

It needs a little vertically push, but smoothly. Either it locks or you feel that it won't work. Unfortunately I do not have any comparison to see if all models responds the same

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:44 am

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but there are the familiar season 3 LED's on the pedal making it inaccurate.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:17 pm

I have received my 1:18 today and love it except the passenger seat won't enguage and stay down (the drivers one does, but even that is sensitive) and the T-Tops don't stay down, at the outer ends they pop up out of line, otherwise a great model.

I couldn't work out why I couldn't get the headlamps fully, up, but once I fully opened or closed the bonnet they worked OK.

I am still noticing small details, like the grille in the wings, the grille in the bonnet vent, that even the tailgate seals are painted in matt black. Love the feel to the seats, not shiny plastic like the ERTL.

I am so glad I sold the ERTL models. It has been worth the wait.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Hmmm... It seems the seats not being able to stay down is similar to what I faced on the passenger ejector seat on my ERTL KITT. It was so sensitive that just a bit of shake or touch would pop it up. It bothered me so much that I ended up removing the parts that made the seat eject. Hope I don't have to do that on the HW KITT....

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:22 pm

I wish they hadn't bothered with ejector seats, they're clumsy and unnecessary IMO. Same with the folding rear bench, it just adds hinges and seams in the seat for nothing, really.

They'd have been better off trimming the model out to a higher standard, by adding carpets or even better, fitting windows into the doors. It would look much cooler to open the doors and have the frameless glass in them.

Edit - two minutes in Photoshop. How much better does this look with the side window?

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Nice... Agreed.. So far, we've never had a KITT model in this scale with opening doors that have the door windows. The only ones I've seen with the door windows is the Aoshima 1/43 KITT and the Charawheels 1/64 KITT, but obviously, the doors can't open on those.. Maybe having windows like that in this scale would make the windows easy to break since it has no frames to protect it from getting knocked into accidentally... It would probably not be safe to produce. I can imagine them using a piece of thick clear plastic for the windows, but those too may break since it has no frames..

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Other manufacturers manage to put frameless windows into 1:18 models of sports cars. Take a look at a Minichamps Porsche 911.

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:30 am

if you all want i can e-mail the company and tell them how fans feel about the car.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:06 am

Doors would be much more difficult to open if it has a window in closed position. Also, thick clear plastic window might distort the view to the interior and of course we like to look KITT's wonderful dash very often :D

jim010
Volunteer

Post by jim010 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:32 pm

Doors would be much more difficult to open if it has a window in closed position. Also, thick clear plastic window might distort the view to the interior and of course we like to look KITT's wonderful dash very often
All of Autoart's 1 18 models have closed windows on the doors. They look just fine and open just fine. The ONLY reason I would see Hotwheels being unwilling (and may explain why all their cars have only half open windows, which I hate) is that they use a very thin plastic for their windows - much like the clear plastic used on packaging - while Autoart and the others use thicker plastic which doesn't deform.

DiggiDiDuck
Recruit

Post by DiggiDiDuck » Wed May 08, 2013 11:34 am

Update to the Super Elite KITT?

Have just found following new model on the Hot Wheels Elite website:
http://www.hotwheels-elite.com/model-ca ... ousand.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is this the Super Elite one which comes out 2014? I am just wondering about the number of limited production = 2000 instead of only 1000 pcs

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed May 08, 2013 11:47 am

Thats probably the Super Elite.. Maybe they increased to 2000 when they realized that 1000 pieces were just too little..hahaha.. Here's hoping the estimated price has reduced also..

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri May 17, 2013 4:28 pm

KITT is making an appearance at Shizuoka Hobby Show, I wonder if this is the already released "ordinary" 18th scale KITT or the Super Elite with voicebox etc.
http://www.minicarshop.jp/report/shobby ... 2-0718.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other Hotwheels models:
http://www.minicarshop.jp/report/shobby ... heels.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Main menu:
http://www.minicarshop.jp/report/shobby ... /main.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri May 17, 2013 8:06 pm

KITTfan wrote:KITT is making an appearance at Shizuoka Hobby Show, I wonder if this is the already released "ordinary" 18th scale KITT or the Super Elite with voicebox etc.
http://www.minicarshop.jp/report/shobby ... 2-0718.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other Hotwheels models:
http://www.minicarshop.jp/report/shobby ... heels.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Main menu:
http://www.minicarshop.jp/report/shobby ... /main.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looking at the price of 19740 JPY labelled beside the model, its definitely the regular 1/18 Elite KITT. More or less the standard retail price here in Asia for that model. I got mine around that price too, so its definitely the regular version and not the Super Elite. That display looks really dusty though...

I'd love to get that Elite 1/18 Ecto-1A soon to accompany my Ecto-1... And that DeLorean Time Machine looks pretty good as well...

iKnight
Stranger

Post by iKnight » Mon May 20, 2013 1:20 am

iKnight
Stranger

Post by iKnight » Mon May 20, 2013 1:22 am

Hi All,

I've posted this on another diecast forum, thought I might share with you my experiences with the new Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT. Some bad and some good things. First off I used to have a small collection of diecast cars and anything KITT from the original KR series. I eventually lost interest and sold everything away and moved on to other stuff. Big regret there. I recently got wind of the new Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT and the spark was reignited.

The picture above is from the first piece I got, I went back to the place I got it from for an exchange. They only had 2 pieces left, upon inspecting the remaining pieces, one had a huge blister on one of the tires and the other had some blemishes on the paintwork. I took home the one with the blemishes. :-(

At that time I had also contacted the Main Hot Wheels Customer Service and expressed my disappointment with the QC on their KITTs. They immediately replied and offered an exchange for a better piece with their local Hot Wheels distributor. Upon arriving, their Rep was extremely friendly, patience and allowed me to open and inspect pieces from a fresh case. Of course I left there happy with a Hot Wheels Elite catalogue. Kudos to the 2 Hot Wheels Customer Service Reps.

From the pieces I have seen, the QC on all the KITTs has been pretty poor. I don't have other Hot Wheels Elites to compare and I'm not a very fussy collector. But for that price range you would have expected better QC. Hope I didn't bore you.

Cheers,
Jerry :kitt:

Husami
Stranger

Post by Husami » Mon May 20, 2013 4:53 pm

I (german) also already had an exchange of my K.I.T.T. model... The reason was the grille in the front bumper which was installed (and glued) in a way that caused an ugly bending of the plastic "stripes" (sorry, I do not know more proper words without looking them up...)
So I think you're right: Quality control is not good at all.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat May 25, 2013 1:19 pm

KITT the 18th scale version has become available in Modelcarworld.de today with 136,95€ pricetag:
http://www.modelcarworld.de/relaunch/sh ... anguage=uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's also available now in Modelissimo.de, currently with nice discounted price, only 109,95€:
https://ssl.kundenserver.de/modelissimo ... tail=57111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT (18th scale) wasn't available in these places when I was looking for KITT about two months ago, bought it from Modelcarcorner.de. where it still is available too with the same 119,90€ price I paid for it two months ago:
http://modelcarcorner.com/Mitte.php4?Id ... &B4=detail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ferry yanes
Stranger

Post by ferry yanes » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:41 am

hii,, Iam ferry from indonesia,, Iam so much love and crazy about kitt,, I really want to get a car model kitt,but I dont have enough money to buy.......can somebody in this member help me to get it ? :kitt:

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:48 am

MrSmith wrote:
davejames wrote:Not to get nitpicky, but shouldn't there only be 2 foglights on either side? I know people sometimes put 3 on their full size replicas (for some bizarre reason), but I only remember 2 in the actual show. .
3 foglights on each side, this is a screen shot from S01E10 Inside Out

Remember this model is based on the Season 1 car, so maybe in the later seasons the foglights changed.
Have come to conclusion that maybe the outermost third foglight is deeper in the nose than the other two, like in this quick drawing I made:

When filmed, the third foglight wont show up as it's in the shadow, deep inside the nose. Only the two show up as they're closer to the outer edge of the nose. Third one shows up of course when it's switched on.

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Hot Wheels Elite 1:18 KARR photos from hotwheels-elite.com

jim010
Volunteer

Post by jim010 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:20 pm

It looks like the tires have been reprofiled as promised. I can't tell if the nose is different, though.

Nice to see the cargo cover.

I was hoping that the black paint on the hatch would be gone as well as the box under the nose, though.

I'll be getting this for sure.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:08 am

Very nice :) I'll get this model too + the 1/43 KARR.
Rear window black edge is too thick indeed but seems it follows better the shape of the window than in KITT. I think I'm going to remove the black edge from my models at some point and paint thinner edge from inside so it should look more accurate.