Hot Wheels Super Elite Kitt/Possible Karr

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jinkazama
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Hot Wheels Super Elite Kitt/Possible Karr

Post by jinkazama » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:45 am

Hi, folks.I just watched the youtube video for the hot wheels super elite kitt 1/18 car, and it's pretty awesome.I just wanted to ask, does anybody know when the voice box lights up when it talks, if it has 3 lines or is it the first season square box?[i'm hoping it has the 3 lines myself, as the headlights on the super elite version are showing, so it's possible that it might also have the 3 lined voice box].Also, does anybody know if they will make a super elite karr?[it would be awesome if they did, especially if karr said phrases from K.I.T.T vs K.A.R.R, like, ''IF I AM DESTROYED, SO SHALL YOU BE!''That would be cool. :karr:

Recruit

Re: Hot Wheels Super Elite Kitt/Possible Karr

Post by 86678 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:54 pm

From what I could see in the video KITT's voice box was season 1 style, Plus it goes with the season 1 dash. :kitt:

MrSmith
Operative

Post by MrSmith » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:16 pm

yeah its season one deashboard, sqare voicebox, but the pedals are from later seasons with the green lights in them

hopefully that is fixed so it is all correct for seson one.

jinkazama
Recruit

Post by jinkazama » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:11 am

I REALLY hope they end up doing the 3 lined voice box in the finalized super elite hot wheels kitt, as that's always been my prefered voice box.

tuske427
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by tuske427 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:16 am

It will be the season one square box, and the season 3 pedal will go away.

I don't think they make LED's that small to accurately replicate that voice box at that scale anyway. If they do, post a link..

DiggiDiDuck
Recruit

Post by DiggiDiDuck » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:17 am

Why don't you just apply an cover where these lines had been cutted out. Hence you only require one single LED and have optically a 3 lines voice box!?!

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:53 pm

DiggiDiDuck wrote:Why don't you just apply an cover where these lines had been cutted out. Hence you only require one single LED and have optically a 3 lines voice box!?!
Hmm... But at 1/18 scale, those would be extremely tiny lines to be cut out to form the 3 lines in the voice box... To cut out those lines would have to be really precise, otherwise it will end up being dots instead of lines. Its just too small... Maybe a 1/6 scale KITT would be possible to have those 3 lines. Just not easy to do them in 1/18 scale...

DiggiDiDuck
Recruit

Post by DiggiDiDuck » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:27 pm

imranbecks wrote:
DiggiDiDuck wrote:Why don't you just apply an cover where these lines had been cutted out. Hence you only require one single LED and have optically a 3 lines voice box!?!
Hmm... But at 1/18 scale, those would be extremely tiny lines to be cut out to form the 3 lines in the voice box... To cut out those lines would have to be really precise, otherwise it will end up being dots instead of lines. Its just too small... Maybe a 1/6 scale KITT would be possible to have those 3 lines. Just not easy to do them in 1/18 scale...
Espeacially to build scale models you can use photo-etched parts like these:
(just an idea!)

http://www.scalemodelguide.com/construc ... ts-models/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:06 pm

That would only probably make the model cost a lot more than it already is..

MrSmith
Operative

Post by MrSmith » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:09 pm

tuske427 wrote:It will be the season one square box, and the season 3 pedal will go away.

I don't think they make LED's that small to accurately replicate that voice box at that scale anyway. If they do, post a link..

Do you have any idea with the Elite KARR will be released?

thanks

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:39 pm

MrSmith wrote:
tuske427 wrote:It will be the season one square box, and the season 3 pedal will go away.

Do you have any idea with the Elite KARR will be released?

thanks
Hot Wheels says Elite KARR will be released before end of this year... Super Elite KITT will be in the first quarter of 2014..
Last edited by imranbecks on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrSmith
Operative

Post by MrSmith » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:48 pm

cheers thanks,

hopefully it is in time for Christmas 2013

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:10 pm

MrSmith wrote:cheers thanks,

hopefully it is in time for Christmas 2013
Hopefully.. That is according to an email I received from them when I asked about the release dates. KARR is most definitely on my list as the next Knight Rider buy..haha.. I'm more excited about KARR than I am of the Super Elite KITT... Hopefully KARR won't be delayed like KITT was...

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:21 pm

I just got a Elite KITT ordered. I can't imagine what the $uper Elite would entail. The biggest thing would be the voice I guess but If it's more than 50$ more than the basic Elite I'll just get the Diamond Select lol!!!
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:29 pm

The Elite KITT is probably as good and simple as it gets for a 1/18 model of KITT. Nice detailing, opening doors, hood and trunk, all standard 1/18 model features. Add up to the pop up headlights, rotating license plate and the only electronic feature being the red LED scanner. Overall, a nice model of KITT to have.

The Super Elite with all the electronics for the dashboard and headlights (and maybe taillights too) along with the scanner, its currently on pre-order with a price of more than double to that of the regular Elite 1/18 KITT.... >>> http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... UJ5GBlhPZs

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:49 pm

340.00!!!! Wowsers!! A year is a long ways off also. Think Ill pass on this for now. If they make as many as the first batch 5000 right? I think they will be a lot cheaper as 10,000 total is enough to appease most of us lol.
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:07 pm

10000 pcs was made for the Elite KITT and I think only 1000 are being made for the Super Elite..

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:15 pm

I want KARR

MrSmith
Operative

Post by MrSmith » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:33 pm

imranbecks wrote:10000 pcs was made for the Elite KITT and I think only 1000 are being made for the Super Elite..

HW confirmed on their website only 10,000 Elite's will be made.

tuske427
Recruit

Post by tuske427 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:07 am

Assuming this could even be done at this scale and still be legible- why would anyone want to? The lights would still all light up equally. You would not have the sequential light up effect that both the later KITT voice box and KARR voice box had. The convenient reality is the early KITT design is possible to make at 1:18 scale accurately.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:43 am

MrSmith wrote:
imranbecks wrote:10000 pcs was made for the Elite KITT and I think only 1000 are being made for the Super Elite..

HW confirmed on their website only 10,000 Elite's will be made.
Yes.. Like I said, 10,000 pcs of the Elites were made... But only 1,000 pcs of the yet to be released Super Elite will be made as confirmed in the YouTube video of the Super Elite model..

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:48 am

tuske427 wrote:
Assuming this could even be done at this scale and still be legible- why would anyone want to? The lights would still all light up equally. You would not have the sequential light up effect that both the later KITT voice box and KARR voice box had. The convenient reality is the early KITT design is possible to make at 1:18 scale accurately.
This is true. The flashing solid red voicebox look more true to the show than fully lit LED bars.
:dash:

I'm so happy to have the HW KITT I know I must have KARR as well :)
:karr:

jim010
Volunteer

Post by jim010 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:12 pm

Tuske427,

Please keep the LED on the pedal! It looks good, although too bright. Perfectionists can always fix that anyway. Keep it!

And I too would rather see a photoetched piece with the cutouts for the 3 lines to mimic the voicebox in later seasons. So what if it doesn't replicate the sequential effect? It will still look good. Promise I won't complain.

Suggestions for the SuperElite: I would like to see more detail under the hood - wiring and more decals for example. And seat belts would be nice. More detail under the car. I don't know if having separate parts instead of the molded parts currently under the car is possible at this stage, but would greatly improve the underside for a SuperElite. New tires possible?

What you could do is do the black out on the rear glass differently. It is too thick, and should be on the inside. Can it be thinned down and painted on the inside for the SuperElite? And defrost lines? That would replicate the Firebird rear glass better.

Too few are saying this, but thanks for the model. I just wasn't happy with the ERTL. Much more content with this model.

MrSmith
Operative

Post by MrSmith » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:04 pm

jim010 wrote:Tuske427,

Please keep the LED on the pedal! It looks good, although too bright. Perfectionists can always fix that anyway. Keep it!

no way!!!

We want the car to be a screen accurate season one car

jim010 wrote:Too few are saying this, but thanks for the model. I just wasn't happy with the ERTL. Much more content with this model.

agree, it really is a beautiful model, so glad HW made it.

jim010
Volunteer

Post by jim010 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:10 pm

no way!!!

We want the car to be a screen accurate season one car
Wouldn't you rather have it and just disconnect it, rather than not have it and then have to make it yourself if you wanted to make a later version of the car?

It just looks pretty cool with it.