Knight Rider Merchandising Ideas and Questions

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knight Rider Merchandising Ideas and Questions

Post by krrdr2010 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:54 pm

I was looking at all the 2013 calendars a few months ago, and I wondered-Why hasn't there ever been a Knight Rider Calendar. I know it would sell very well, and If I see One more Honkin' Calendar about Twilight, I swear to GOD I'll go Bonkers.
I was also wondering about How come Hallmark(who have done ornaments ranging from Star Trek to Back to the Future) hasn't done a Knight Rider Ornament. It would be Cool to put KITT on a Christmas Tree.
And the One thing that I really need to know-How Come Hot Wheels Retro(which includes KITT) is taking so long to come out? I go to stores such as Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us to search for it-NO LUCK!!!
How many of you think it is Time for a KR Calendar, Ornament, and for the Hot Wheels Retro to become Available?

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Re: Knight Rider Merchandising Ideas and Questions

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:29 pm

try sending ideas

Robster
Recruit

Post by Robster » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:30 pm

There is a KITT Hallmark orny coming,apparently. I talk with Hallmark every year at Comic Con in July,and NYCC in October. Well,since they started showing up at these cons anyways,lol! And last summer at Comic Con one of the main guys,don't remember if he's one of the designers or decision makers,told me....when I yet again talked about how great a KITT orny would be.....just said,be careful what you wish for. So I immediately said,so there IS a KITT coming!? LOL! And he smiled and said yeah,but didn't say when. He wasn't in the Sneak Peek section at their booth.....the always have a Sneak Peek selection of pop culture orny's for the year after.....but that doesn't mean he won't be out this year. I just sent a message to a friend who works at Hallmark and asked him for any info,so as soon as I hear anything I'll let ya know. It's not much,I know,but at least it's SOMEthing. And seeing how well their DeLorean did last Christmas it should be a no brainer doing a KITT. Who DOESN'T love KITT,right? LOL!

Have fun y'all!

J-R!

Micaela Knight
Recruit

Post by Micaela Knight » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:19 pm

Count me as one who'd love to see a KR calendar. And I agree that a KITT ornament should be a big hit for Hallmark. I'd definitely get one.
I wouldn't touch that one with a ten-foot drive shaft!
Please remove the staple from my fender.

Life should be about love, about being happy.- David Hasselhoff

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Dave Knight » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:18 am

I hope that IF it does come out it has A: have a light up scanner or B: it plays the KR theme song. I have a 1960s Batmobile that plays the theme song from the Batman TV show when you press a button on the trunk lid.
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

Robster
Recruit

Post by Robster » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:28 am

I wouldn't say IF,it's more like WHEN. LOL! And I agree,light up scanner and theme music at the very least. Couple of phrases would be cool too of course. Yeah,that Batmobile was cool,so was the DeLorean. Hallmark should do a new series of iconic cars or vehicles.or something.

J-R!

Robster
Recruit

Post by Robster » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Well it's official. One of this years Hallmark Christmas ornaments is.....KITT! NEAT!

J-R!

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:21 pm

krrdr2010 wrote: And the One thing that I really need to know-How Come Hot Wheels Retro(which includes KITT) is taking so long to come out? I go to stores such as Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us to search for it-NO LUCK!!!
How many of you think it is Time for a KR Calendar, Ornament, and for the Hot Wheels Retro to become Available?
Actually, the Hot Wheels Retro Series KITT is out. I got the only two that were stocked on the shelf at the Wal-Mart in my town. I got them in February. In fact, it was the day after I got my tax refund. I was wishing they'd had more since I had the extra $$. :cry:

apollyon2012
Volunteer

Post by apollyon2012 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:49 pm

knightfever wrote:
krrdr2010 wrote: And the One thing that I really need to know-How Come Hot Wheels Retro(which includes KITT) is taking so long to come out? I go to stores such as Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us to search for it-NO LUCK!!!
Actually, the Hot Wheels Retro Series KITT is out. I got the only two that were stocked on the shelf at the Wal-Mart in my town. I got them in February. In fact, it was the day after I got my tax refund. I was wishing they'd had more since I had the extra $$. :cry:
I got mine also at walmart like 2 weeks ago for $5. they are going quick so you have to be on the look out or order online. i also found karr at toys r us. so i have both and will be posting a video on my youtube channel.

transambill
Stranger

Post by transambill » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:00 pm

The KITT and KARR are in two different case assortments. The assortment with KITT hit Pep Boys in small numbers at first but now are being found in Walmart as well the second assortment now hitting Walmart containing KARR.

Got a couple of both and have seen dozen's. The hard one to find which is considered an error by Mattel is a KITT with KARR license plate on the back.