It's Official! SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2013

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

It's Official! SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2013

Post by kitt1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:27 pm

Yes, it's official! The gears are already turning on the details of this years SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2013 event.

This years event will be July 12 & 13, 2013 at the same hotel as last year, Atlanta Marriott Gwinnett Place, 1775 Pleasant Hill Road · Duluth, Georgia 30096 USA.

Also, I will be posting a special link for hotel booking information for the special event room rate shortly. Everyone attending should book their rooms at the Marriott through this special link not only to get the special rate, but, so that the event gets credit towards a better rate for the meeting facilities for every guest room booked. Your help in this is greatly appreciated.

The website will soon be updated with all the latest information as well.

Also, be sure to visit the Facebook group page, SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA https://www.facebook.com/groups/1033889 ... 1/?fref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and the Facebook event page, SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2013 https://www.facebook.com/events/492149054175884/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Please post on the event page if you are attending. I wanted to go ahead and get this preliminary information out to everyone so that you can start making plans to attend this great event.

I would also like to announce Membership Rates. As of now, until May 31st, 2013, adult membership rates are $60.00 per person. After May 31st the rate will be $70.00. That may sound like a lot, but considering gas and airfares have gone up, as well as the cost of the hotel meeting room facilities, this is very affordable for what you are getting. To go ahead and pay your membership fee, Paypal your payment to mpuette@hotmail.com. Please be sure to include a note saying the payment is for SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2013 and telling me the names of the attendees, city & state or country of where you're from and web board name for the membership badges.

MEMBERSHIP FEES

Up to 12 years old:FREE

13-17:$30.00

18 & up:$60.00

Rates go up another $10.00 after May 31st, 2013.

Please Send In Membership Fees ASAP!

I am asking that if you are planning to attend the event that you get your membership fees in as fast as possible. Remember, the rate goes up another $10.00 after May 31st. These fees are needed to go ahead and pay for celebrity guest airfares and other expenses. All membership fees are PER PERSON and in US Dollars.

If you attended last years event, you already know how much fun we had. If you didn't attend last years event, and you saw the thread and posts of those that did attend, you definitely do not want to miss out this year. We are also working on some surprises and special displays. I look forward to seeing everyone from last year and all the new folks that are going to be joining us. If you should have ANY questions, feel free to post them here, or email me directly at mpuette@hotmail.com

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Pac-Man
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: It's Official! SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2013

Post by Pac-Man » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:35 am

Awesome Mark, thanks for the info! :good:

How big do these events get and do you have a lot of replicas show up?
Check out Project: K.I.T.T. - http://www.pac-attack.com/project-k-i-t-t" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Ultimate Knight Rider Map - http://www.pac-attack.com/project-k-i-t-t/replica-map" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:28 am

Pac-Man,
We had about 20 cars last year. Not all were completed conversions. Your car doesn't have to be complete to bring it to SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA. I don't care if you have a completed conversion, a red 1986, a blue 1992, or whatever. We had a 2008 Mustang last year, a 4th gen version of KITT, and the year before that a 1991 Dodge Stealth that will eventually be a Knight 4000. Everyone is in various stages of completion. I hope to have the exterior on mine finished by the event.

As far as turnout, we'll probably have around a hundred attendees, maybe more. A nice, laid back, event. The celebrities are very accessible and more than happy to spend time talking to everyone. Looks like were going to have some international attendees as well.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Pac-Man wrote:Awesome Mark, thanks for the info! :good:

How big do these events get and do you have a lot of replicas show up?

Robster
Recruit

Post by Robster » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:25 am

Hi there!
New to this board but long time KR fan and just lurking here,lol!

Have a fairly stupid question about this event. I don't have a car,or a driver's license for that matter,but thinking of attending nonetheless since I'll be in the US most of July. Flying over from Norway. Stupid question is this: Do you cater to all types of fans or does it lean heavily towards the ones with the cool cars and such? Sorry for the stupid question but since it's my first time,if I go,I'm just curious about it. I usually go to Comic Con in July and New York Comic Con,NYCC,in October. And LOVE going all over the place when I'm in the US. By Greyhound or Amtrak,lol!

Keep up the great work!

John-Robin!

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:51 am

John-Robin,
That is NOT a stupid question. This is an event for ALL fans. You do not have to have a replica to attend. In fact, this will be the first year that I will have my car there. It will only be finished on the outside. We are lucky that we have a good number of people that bring their replicas. However, we also have quite a few that do not have cars.

That's why we have celebrity guests from the show that acted or were behind the scenes production people. This is a very laid back event. Everyone has access to the celebrities. They are more than happy to spend time and talk to everyone. Usually after the celebrity talks, (each celebrity gets an hour to do a talk about their career, their involvement in KR, and question & answer,) we go outside to where the cars are and the celebrities sign cars, pose in them, etc... In fact, Rebecca Holden was telling people to open their hood and she posed like she was working on their car. To me that is incredible!

Speaking of Rebecca Holden, I received this message from Rebecca after last years event...

Hi Mark, I just wanted to tell you thank you again so much for the great time in your beautiful Southern City. You put on such a terrific event and I know how much hard work goes into it. But we all felt the warmth and love and everyone had a fabulous time..you made us all feel like family. Thank you again for my "ComLinks" ...which I will absolutely cherish. Keep up the acting, and who knows, maybe we'll get to work together someday! Hope to see you again soon. Hope to see y'all again soon!

Much love,
Rebecca

And this one from KITT creator Michael Scheffe...

Mark,
I hope you're doing great, and thanks for inviting me! Honestly, it was fun to make the car, if a bit of a nail-biter... but getting to meet you guys, and hang out with people who loved the show, is the best part of all. Seeing those cars is still like some crazy dream.

I have to say that my idea of the South has been formed almost entirely by Southern Knights. I couldn't ask for better ambassadors for your part of the world. I'd so look forward to coming back.

With every good wish to you -
Michael Scheffe

It's comments like this that make it all worth while. All of our celebrity guests have commented about how they were made to feel at home and how warm & friendly everyone was to them. So, John-Robin, if you want to attend a fun and friendly KR event, please, by all means I hope you are able to attend. It's looking like we're going to have several international attendees.

regards,
Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Robster wrote:Hi there!
New to this board but long time KR fan and just lurking here,lol!

Have a fairly stupid question about this event. I don't have a car,or a driver's license for that matter,but thinking of attending nonetheless since I'll be in the US most of July. Flying over from Norway. Stupid question is this: Do you cater to all types of fans or does it lean heavily towards the ones with the cool cars and such? Sorry for the stupid question but since it's my first time,if I go,I'm just curious about it. I usually go to Comic Con in July and New York Comic Con,NYCC,in October. And LOVE going all over the place when I'm in the US. By Greyhound or Amtrak,lol!

Keep up the great work!

John-Robin!

Robster
Recruit

Post by Robster » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:14 pm

Thank you Mark,for such a great reply! Makes me wanna be there even more! I'm gonna check out where I am when,and change it around a little if I have to,so I can be there. Sure sounds like my kinda fun,lol! Love Knight Rider,and a lot of other things,so I would love to try some other cons and events than the usual ones.

Is it ok if I e-mail you at some point if I have any further questions?

Anyways,thanks again for the nice reply,really appreciate it.

Regards
John-Robin!

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:25 pm

John-Robin,
Glad to hear it. Yes, feel free to email me. That's why I posted...

If you should have ANY questions, feel free to post them here, or email me directly at mpuette@hotmail.com

Also be sure to go to the Facebook event page...

https://www.facebook.com/events/492149054175884/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Robster wrote:Thank you Mark,for such a great reply! Makes me wanna be there even more! I'm gonna check out where I am when,and change it around a little if I have to,so I can be there. Sure sounds like my kinda fun,lol! Love Knight Rider,and a lot of other things,so I would love to try some other cons and events than the usual ones.

Is it ok if I e-mail you at some point if I have any further questions?

Anyways,thanks again for the nice reply,really appreciate it.

Regards
John-Robin!

Robster
Recruit

Post by Robster » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Hey Mark.
Thanks,will do. This sounds like a lot of FUN! And I bet there's some other stuff I can check out while I'm in Atlanta as well,lol!

J-R!

Darktalon
Rookie

Post by Darktalon » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Last year was our 1st time going....had a blast, met some good people & my younger son was treated like an adult and made to feel like one of the guys.

Hopeing to be there again this year with out new 200o pending my wife's schedule! :good:

Micaela Knight
Recruit

Post by Micaela Knight » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Sounds like a blast! If I didn't live so far away (Minnesota) I'd make plans now to be there. Hope there will be some KR conventions with all the trappings a little closer to home... sometime soon...
I wouldn't touch that one with a ten-foot drive shaft!
Please remove the staple from my fender.

Life should be about love, about being happy.- David Hasselhoff

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:22 am

Darktalon,
Thanks for the kind words. It was great getting together with you for the NFS Railroad trade show. Your KITT replica`looked great. Looking forward to seeing you and your family again at SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA.
Darktalon wrote:Last year was our 1st time going....had a blast, met some good people & my younger son was treated like an adult and made to feel like one of the guys.

Hopeing to be there again this year with out new 200o pending my wife's schedule! :good:
Micaela Knight,
Distance shouldn't matter, unless it's a finiancial reason (which I can understand). We have attendees coming from all over, California, Canada, Australia, and other countries. I hope you can eventually make it to one of our events.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Micaela Knight wrote:Sounds like a blast! If I didn't live so far away (Minnesota) I'd make plans now to be there. Hope there will be some KR conventions with all the trappings a little closer to home... sometime soon...

Robster
Recruit

Post by Robster » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Hey Mark.

Just a quick question. Are you still posting a link for attendees to book a hotel room,or should I just go ahead and book two nights at that hotel? And the membership fee,does that include this event? Yeah,stupid question time again,LOL!

And HAPPY PADDY'S DAY to all!

Have fun!

John-Robin!

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:48 pm

The hotel link will be up in a few days. Wait for it. The rate will be less than booking it directly.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Robster wrote:Hey Mark.

Just a quick question. Are you still posting a link for attendees to book a hotel room,or should I just go ahead and book two nights at that hotel? And the membership fee,does that include this event? Yeah,stupid question time again,LOL!

And HAPPY PADDY'S DAY to all!

Have fun!

John-Robin!

Robster
Recruit

Post by Robster » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:33 am

Thanks for that,Mark. I'll wait for that then. Gotta to rearrange some dates and bookings so I'll do it all after Easter or something. Gotta pay membership fee as well,lol! OH,you didn't tell me that one! Do I pay extra for the event after paying membership fee or is it included? Sorry for not being totally savvy in this. I'm used to Comic Con and that kinda thing,and you're not exactly a member and such for that,lol!

Actually looking forward to this! Going to a new place,doing some fun stuff....yeah,it'll be neat!

J-R!

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:41 am

Our guest list so far...

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:44 am

The Membership fee and the event fee are the same. Only one fee.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Robster wrote:Thanks for that,Mark. I'll wait for that then. Gotta to rearrange some dates and bookings so I'll do it all after Easter or something. Gotta pay membership fee as well,lol! OH,you didn't tell me that one! Do I pay extra for the event after paying membership fee or is it included? Sorry for not being totally savvy in this. I'm used to Comic Con and that kinda thing,and you're not exactly a member and such for that,lol!

Actually looking forward to this! Going to a new place,doing some fun stuff....yeah,it'll be neat!

J-R!

Robster
Recruit

Post by Robster » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:35 pm

That's great,thanks Mark! Loving the guest list so far. Funnily enough,just watched an episode oh KR right now,lol!

J-R!

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:50 am

Robster,
Looking forward to meeting you.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Robster wrote:That's great,thanks Mark! Loving the guest list so far. Funnily enough,just watched an episode oh KR right now,lol!

J-R!

Robster
Recruit

Post by Robster » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:23 am

Thanks for that,Mark! I'm looking forward to it as well. It'll be fun to go to a new place,for me,never been to Atlanta before,furthest South I've been is probably Raleigh,NC,lol!

This sounds like fun so I thought I'd try it,since I love Knight Rider,amongst other things,and love going to new places.

The episode I watched last time I posted was Lost Knight,with a very young Jason Bateman,lol! And yesterday I got my DST KITT! YAAAY! I LOVE it! Not gone over him with a fine tooth comb yet,but I'm not as nitpicky as a lot of other fans,lol! He looks fine to me,played with him a little yesterday,and that's all that matters to me,lol! I have a lot of other toys from DST and have been happy with almost all of them,my Trek ships,Marvel Select Spidey figs,my DeLorean....yeah,all fun toys.

Anyways,looking forward to all this. Just have to decide on going Amtrak or Greyhound,I love both,LOL!

J-R!

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:33 pm

OK everyone, the website, http://www.southernknightsatlanta.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is up and running. All information for paying for memberships and making hotel reservations is there. Again, if anyone has any questions that are not answered there, contact me at mpuette@hotmail.com.

I am asking everyone that is attending to go ahead and send in your membership fees. That money is needed to go ahead and book airfares for celebrity guests, pay for hotel facilities, etc... Thanks to everyone in advance.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Robster
Recruit

Post by Robster » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Hey Mark!

Just two superquick questions. I was on the site for membership payment and was wondering if there was any other way to pay than paypal? I don't actually have paypal,lol.

And when trying to book hotel room I get a message saying the code is wrong. Is there any way to sort it?

Ok,question time over,lol! Now I'm gonna check how far it is from Amtrak station or Greyhound to the hotel,lol!

Have fun y'all!

John-Robin!

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:08 pm

John-Robin,
The HOTEL link has been repaired for those wishing to make room reservations.

http://www.southernknightsatlanta.com/hotel/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for paying your MEMBERSHIP with another method besides Paypal, contact me privately at mpuette@hotmail.com.

thanks,
Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Robster wrote:Hey Mark!

Just two superquick questions. I was on the site for membership payment and was wondering if there was any other way to pay than paypal? I don't actually have paypal,lol.

And when trying to book hotel room I get a message saying the code is wrong. Is there any way to sort it?

Ok,question time over,lol! Now I'm gonna check how far it is from Amtrak station or Greyhound to the hotel,lol!

Have fun y'all!

John-Robin!

Robster
Recruit

Post by Robster » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:56 pm

Ok,thanks for that! Will e-mail ya later. Tried the hotel thing again but it's only giving me standard rates. Maybe the limited time only price is sold out already!? lol!

Get back to ya with an e-mail soon.

J-R!

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:04 pm

Robster,
The glitch is finally fixed on making hotel reservations. Let me know if you have any more problems.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Robster
Recruit

Post by Robster » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:47 pm

Thanks Mark,seems to be working now.

E-mail ya this weekend.

J-R!