Welcome! New to the Board: Please read

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITT Conversion
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Welcome! New to the Board: Please read

Post by KITT Conversion » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Welcome to the Board iswaraKITT!! :good:

Enjoy ur time on this board!! :D

Best,

KC
KITT: Forget my body, where is my Random Access or my graphics board? I can’t even play a round of Pac-Man in here.
:spmgo: :kittconv2:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Jürgen
Volunteer

Post by Jürgen » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:27 pm

Hey guys,

I'm István from Hungary, 20 years old, have been an avid Knight Rider fanatic since kindergarten (which means something like since I was 3). I liked the new series with all its flaws, but I'm all for the old one with the Pontiac, Michael, Devon, Bonnie, April, RC, and the original guys. Actually I have never really had an easy life, and when I was younger, Knight Rider helped me a lot to go on with life. I've never really had an imaginary friend, but if I wanted to say I had, then it would be KITT. I always dreamed of having a talking, super cool car as a best friend when I was a kid, and secretly, I still have that dream. :D I'd be really happy to own a replica, or at least a Firebird, but I think I can already call myself lucky being 20 years old in Hungary and having a car. I'm not even sure how long can I keep my car now which (or whom) I am really emotionally linked with.

So yeah, I might have a few screws loose, but I guess you guys won't judge me because of that. Well, I'm glad I had a chance to introduce myself, hope you guys can see (or read) me more in the future! :wink:

MichaelKnightsWife
Volunteer

Post by MichaelKnightsWife » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:14 am

Hi, my name is Amber. I'm 28 years old. I'll be 29 five days before Christmas. I'm a huge Knight Rider fan mainly because of David Hasselhoff. I have all four seasons of Knight Rider on DVD. Although I wasn't born and than just a baby when it first came out. I just started recently watching it and I'm now on season 3. I watch one episode everyday at 5pm my time during dinnertime. I even have a K.I.T.T. Hot Wheels car that I ordered from Amazon. My older brother had a K.I.T.T. car with a Michael Knight figure and he also had a Knight Rider Big Wheels when he was a kid.

:kitt2:

84TAKR
Stranger

Post by 84TAKR » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:27 pm

Hey Everyone,
I'm a newbie here, my name is CJ and have an 84 TA which will have a exterior mods done to look like KITT--I won't be doing the interior. I think it will go nicely with my orange 69 Charger.

Here's where I need some help...I'm looking for pics/info on the Pontiac dealer installed "KITT option package" that GM was considering using in 1984. I was told that the prototype was sold on EBay a few years back. I had never heard this before so it really piqued my interest.

Thanks All!

RichardC
Volunteer

Post by RichardC » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:36 pm

New to the board name is RichardC been watching knight rider scince 1984 or so turned 30 this july

RichardC
Volunteer

Post by RichardC » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:13 am

Little bout me lol.
Been watching knight rider scince I was a kid even when it was still airing originaly, just recently got engaged and my fiance so her first episodes of knight rider recently. I had one of those talking k.i.t.t and Michael cars from kenner would love to have another one,as I played with mine till it fell apart lol. Collect marvel Universe figures and like.to dabble in custom figure work every now and then, had a firebird 96 model but had to sell got a SS cobalt 10 model wondering how a red tracer would look on it the cars blacked out lol

ScottyMan82
Recruit

Post by ScottyMan82 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi I'm sort of new here. I was a member before but left awhile back. Actually make that 11 years ago. I'm a huge Knight Rider fan and own my own 82 Trans Am. I would love to talk more about Knight Rider you guys.

Jonny_M
Stranger

Post by Jonny_M » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi there

Been a fan of Knight Rider since it began and just stumbled on this forum so thought i would join
Look forward to chatting to some of you on here :-))

Cheers

Jonny :-)

Hand-Schaub
Volunteer

Post by Hand-Schaub » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:31 am

A quick hello to introduce myself. My name is Brian, I'm 36 and groing up in L.A, I actually got to see KITT in person when doing a location shoot. I even got a postcard from one of the produciton crew! Been a KR fan for some time. I would like a KITT and could probably pull it off but too many other projects get in the way. People tell me a lot that I look like The Hoff which I take as a compliment. I figure I would start a Michael KNight costume. First stop - the comlink - then the jacket. The rest can be pretty much found parts because the 'costume' changed with each episode. Happy to be here!

KITT78
Stranger

Post by KITT78 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Hi, I'm Don. I've been a Knight Rider fan since 7, when the series came out back in 1982. I was hooked when I first saw the mysterious black machine zooming towards me through the desert in the opening sequence of Knight Rider. I soon learned that car was a Trans-Am, and I knew I wanted one someday. I ended up getting one many years later - a 1978 Trans-Am, which I named KITT. I used to like to imagine the car was a very early prototype for the Knight Industries 2000. :) Unfortunately, I had to sell this car a few years back (wish I never had to). I hope one day to own another Trans-Am, a third generation this time, which I will re-name KITT :D .

Micaela Knight
Recruit

Post by Micaela Knight » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:06 am

Hi everyone,

New to the board, and just getting into KR at the age of 36! I stumbled upon a few reruns back when I was in high school or college, and thinking, "what a cool show." But I never saw it again... likely due to the local station running it. Anyway, I just got the first two seasons on DVD and am loving it so far! Glad I found this board. Oh, and you can call me either Micaela (my screen name, 'cause Michael Knight is now one of my favorite characters) or Linnea, my real name. I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, and am in the health information management industry. Look forward to chatting with all of you!
I wouldn't touch that one with a ten-foot drive shaft!
Please remove the staple from my fender.

Life should be about love, about being happy.- David Hasselhoff

Parrain
Volunteer

Post by Parrain » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:32 am

Hi all!

I'm Parrain from France. New to this forum but long-time KR fan (1986 : first-run of the show in my country).
I found here a huge "knowledge database" on the series. Very good job guys (ahhh the fantastic "locations" thread) !

DeannaRusso
Stranger

Post by DeannaRusso » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Hey Neil!
This isn't weird that I'm on here, is it? Thought I'd check in. Hope you're great!
deanna

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi Deanna,

I'm glad you could join us. I'm sure you'll find us to be a geeky bunch that'll hang on your every word until the end of time. :lol: ;)

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Recruit

Post by 86678 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi, I'm Jonathan. I've been a fan of knight rider since I saw a talking ford mustang on tv, I'm 15 and plan to build a real KITT with AI. :kitt:

ivan campos
Stranger

Post by ivan campos » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi I am Ivan from Brazil, I am fan since nine years old I see kight rider, Super Máquina(Super Machine) in Brazil.

My drean : A.I. like Kitt :kittspin:

edouardo
Volunteer

Post by edouardo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:16 am

Hola my name is Edouardo! New to this webpage and hope i can be a good addition to the group

maximusstop
Stranger

Post by maximusstop » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi everyone! Does anybody know in which episode of original series played the song "she's fresh" from Kool&the gang? Also in which episode of original series Kitt clampes someone to the fence and acts as an alien?

Clare82
Rookie

Post by Clare82 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm Clare, 15 and I LOVE Knight Rider(the original TV series)!
I hope to have fun discussing KR with you guys!
:mrgreen:
:kitt:
"One man can make a difference"

Johnny
Stranger

Post by Johnny » Sun May 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Hello Everyone,
I'm Johnny and love the K.R. series back in the 80s. I'm looking forward to share with all of you for the common interested that we have : )

Johnny (Seattle)

82_KITT
Volunteer

Post by 82_KITT » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Hi all - Brad here from central Ohio (Hilliard). Finished (I use that term loosely!) my KITT replica in 2011 and added it to the new Knight Replica map. A great map if you want to see where other replicas are, plus filming locations are being added. Floor mats are all that is left, which I am trying to find (I contacted KITTEST2000 about the ones posted last year but haven't heard back).

Anyways, great to be on here. I have been on the Knight Registries for several years as well.

:kitt:

acpb1979
Stranger

Post by acpb1979 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:53 pm

Hello fellow knight rider fans... I was 3 years old when the original series debuted and spent my entire youth glued in drooling "I want" admiration to KITT and the General Lee on my tv screen. I hate to have to be doing this but the reality of my present life's situation has forced me to put my most cherished unopened and still sealed in the box with the original price tags still on them childhood toys on the auctioning block...One of these items is a still original tape sealed "Knight 2000 voice car." I was fortunate enough to have had one to play with and one that was put away for me when I would be able to really appreciate it's value. So if anyone is interested please let me know via email or post..atleast if someone here gets it I know it will be going to someone who is able to appreciate it the way I have all these years. And if anyone is interested in any of the other original "Kenner" (original super powers batmobile in the box among others) or "Mattel" (original un-opened He-man figures) toys that I am having to part with please don't hesitate to ask. Knight 2000 4life yall.

Tzigone
Volunteer

Post by Tzigone » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi, newcomer here. I watched reruns of Knight Rider growing up. Just recently, I decided to watch the dvds. Then Knight Rider 2000, then the 2008 series and Team Knight Rider. While quality varies, I enjoyed all of them except KR2000 (haven't finished the 2008 series - waiting on Netflix).

Some Knight Rider thoughts/preferences of mine - love to know what others think.
  • I really like Devon.
  • I prefer Bonnie over April, but don't dislike either of them.
  • I disliked what happened with Stevie - and would have no matter what show it was on (the character herself left no impression on me either way).
  • The later modifications to K.I.T.T. are not great but I can live with the changed look - the braking just looks ridiculous to me, though.
  • I don't dislike RC, but don't feel he contributed anything to the show
  • I do ship Jenny/Kyle for TKR and Mike/Sarah for the 2008 series
  • I do try to reconcile all three series together (and would enjoy discussing that)

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:07 pm

To all the New to the Board-On Behalf of All Knight Rider fans-WELCOME!!! GLAD YOU ARE HERE!!! As a Knight Rider fan for almost 31 years(and Proud to be One), and One who has been part of Knight Rider:Online for almost 4 years(and Happy and Proud to be Part of It), I welcome you. I know that you'll enjoy being part of this as much as I do. You'll learn a lot of information, some you may not know. For Example, Peter Parros(RC3 on KR:TOS) is in the New Tyler Perry show The Haves and the Have Nots, which airs on OWN. Have fun and again, Welcome.
:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :kitt: :kittside: :kittconv: :karr: :kitt2: :dash: :dash4: :good: :good:

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:13 pm

I"m responding to Tzigone's thoughts/preferences. I agree with Some ( I liked Devon and I don't like what they did to Stevie) but I disagree with Others. I liked the SPM Modifications a Lot(the braking was unique I'll say that), and I liked both Bonnie and April Equally. Tzigone had great thoughts/preferences. :good: :good: