What would Knight Rider have been like had KITT been female?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

chin-up-27
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

What would Knight Rider have been like had KITT been female?

Post by chin-up-27 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:29 am

It certainly would have made for a different kind of relationship between Michael and KITT. Hell would have made for some funny scenes between Bonnie/April and KITT/Michael.

I don't think it would have worked very well though. I must say KITT does sound more like a female name.

An idea they never used in the show could have been a KARR like villain except a female voice. Though had they done this in season 4/5 im sure it would have been regarded as the jump the shark moment.

Still, it would have been a funny goof if one of the times KITT had been destroyed he was rebuilt as a female, or one of the many times he was hijacked and reset/reprogrammed he became a female voice (either by accident or deliberate) .They never seemed to think of the idea though. Would have been so funny if the prototype or early model had an option for a female voice and they never got rid of it and somehow it got triggered.

Certainly would have been interesting to watch Michael fall in love with his car, and all the conflicting things this would bring. Given the show didn't want him and Bonnie to get together though I doubt this ever would have been on the radar, though the subtle innuendo could have been there all along.

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Re: What would Knight Rider have been like had KITT been fem

Post by pdennis93 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:23 pm

KITT would have copped an attitude and refused to do anything once every 4 episodes :lol:

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:38 pm

one of her replies would be like the one KITT gave in "Killer KITT"

"Not now, i have a headache" :lol:

theknightling
Recruit

Post by theknightling » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:11 pm

I think Michael would have taken to KITT differently. Instead of being a partner, Michael might be more protective and not so quick to send her into dangerous situations.

On another note, I wonder if the show would have been as successful. I don't know if all the young boys that were such fans of the show would like it as much if the car was feminine.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITTfan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:43 am

I think Knight Rider would've never gotten in the air as in the 60's there has been a tv-show called "My mother the car" which had female voice. That seems to have been one of the worst tv-shows ever.

As a one who was a young boy in the 80's it's now hard to say what I would've think of the show if KITT indeed had been female voice. All I know William Daniels's voice is perfect for sophisticated computer like KITT :)

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:36 am

Michael goes to the foundation and kits not in the garage.... he goes off looking and enters into the main lobby area, there he smells something cooking.....he goes into the foundations kitchen and there is Kitt with a apron on making up a fine cuisine.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

theknightling
Recruit

Post by theknightling » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:48 am

Would KITT's scanner be a set of big red lips???

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:51 pm

:lol:

kngtmat
Recruit

Post by kngtmat » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:33 pm

Funny, that reminds me of a Police or Sheriff's car from the 80's with the big red lips.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:32 am

We have to deal enough with the "Michael and KITT are gay" thing, KITT having a female voice would have made for truly incessant snide remarks about their relationship. No thanks.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"