I AM FILING A LAWSUIT AGAINST LECTRIC ENTERPRISES

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kittobregon
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

I AM FILING A LAWSUIT AGAINST LECTRIC ENTERPRISES

Post by kittobregon » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:37 am

It's been 2 years and a half since i placed the order.

I have contacted Lectric Enterprises by email and everytime they reply they say to wait for 2 more months.

They dont follow up. They dont get in touch with you for updates. They are just liars and scammers.

What kind of business or "successful business" runs like this?????

I need to get in touch with someone who wants to file the lawsuit with me. We might need to go to the small claims court. I can go personally to the county court, lets get toghether and give the guy a lesson at least he can learn to run his business the right way and to keep in touch with costumers for orders updates.

please contact me eap1987@ymail.com

Thanks for looking.

sfusco3
Rookie

Re: I AM FILING A LAWSUIT AGAINST LECTRIC ENTERPRISES

Post by sfusco3 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:53 am

Just be advised that you would need to file for small claims in his local area. In this case north Carolina

ivirscar
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by ivirscar » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:49 am

Are you sending emails to my proper email?? ivirscar@knight-f2k4.com
Lectric Enterprises - Anticipating another great year in 2010! http://www.knight-f2k4.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ivirscar
Recruit

Post by ivirscar » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:03 am

Because my account has NO RECORDS of receiving emails from eap1987@ymail.com

Forsyth county North Carolina

help yourself ;)
Lectric Enterprises - Anticipating another great year in 2010! http://www.knight-f2k4.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:09 am

While I have no love loss for Brenon, as I recently had a nasty run in with him, his quality of parts when you finally do get them is excellent. He is not always the fastest on a response but he is by far not the worst. He has recently sent out a lot of parts, and i'm sure he will take care of you. Brenon like everyone else has a life outside of this hobby and crap comes up. I have an OLD scanner which still works as well as the day I got it. Relax a little and let Brenon explain. He seems to be a little more open to speaking now then he was in the past.

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:12 am

By the way, liar I might agree with only because I could never get an explanation from him, but he's not a scammer.

kittobregon wrote:It's been 2 years and a half since i placed the order.

I have contacted Lectric Enterprises by email and everytime they reply they say to wait for 2 more months.

They dont follow up. They dont get in touch with you for updates. They are just liars and scammers.

What kind of business or "successful business" runs like this?????

I need to get in touch with someone who wants to file the lawsuit with me. We might need to go to the small claims court. I can go personally to the county court, lets get toghether and give the guy a lesson at least he can learn to run his business the right way and to keep in touch with costumers for orders updates.

please contact me eap1987@ymail.com

Thanks for looking.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:39 pm

The reality of this game is basically this: these vendors view themselves as West Coats Customs or something but they're nothing more than garage operations. Orders will take forever! Trust, me, I've never dealt with Fullbright but I've dealt with pretty much everyone else. I really wish the vendors would advertise themselves as they really are but just know your parts are pretty much being cranked out by one guy in his spare time out of his garage and they can get backed up pretty bad at times. I know they want to give the impression (and some really charge like they are!) that they are some major automotive parts vendor but they aren't. I think Mark Scrivani is the only one that actually runs a car shop, others may rely on this income alone but they are by no means a professional full-scale operation, but I hear that Mark is given up the game.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Rob Louisell
Volunteer

Post by Rob Louisell » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:12 pm

I started my business in my garage when I worked full time as a probation officer. Now I run a full time car customizing/ Knight Rider replica parts business out of my 5000 square foot shop with paint booth. No longer a garage operation.
Louisell Enterprises, Inc.
The world's first KITT replica company.

knightroto
Volunteer

Post by knightroto » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:26 am

either way, these parts take a long time to make. whether its the dashboard, the electronics, consoles etc. they're delicate parts, with complex configurations and alot of time is need to make them. in either type of business setup, in the garage, or full shop, they're are ways in either setup which cause delays. work in the garage? well, im sure that means you have another job, a family to take care of. you cant spend 24 hrs a day in the garage working on parts, you need to make money elsewhere. full size shop? well, chances are you don't only make KITT parts. you have alot of other orders and jobs to do, there is a long queue. in short, there are various things that cause delays. you just gotta trust these people, they understand they can get in serious trouble if they take your money and run.

jasper
Volunteer

Post by jasper » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:49 am

I recently got my scanner and its was worth the wait....

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:59 pm

Ive been waiting a lot longer than you for my dash electronics so i think filing a law suit isnt going to help anyone ! its gonna slow Brenon down in making things and piss his other customers off too.

I know your frustrated but you will get your stuff mate just hang in there, people have been posting up on various forums that they have started receiving their orders so Brenon is rolling out the good stuff once more.

Scott

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:43 pm

I hear you on the waiting thing.
I waited 2 years for my parts from Eric Nagy back in the day. ( I had to threaten legal action to get my parts in the end.)
Jupiter electronics just made me wait 6 months. (Cause Christian Forget is awesome beyond compare!)

I personally don't go over the 2 or 3 month mark before sending my customers my K3000 parts because of threads like this in public forums. It's bad for business to keep folks waiting two years or longer.
I am not even a business and just do this out of my work area at home and I still get parts out before the 2 month mark. Anything past 5 months is ridiculous in my opinion. But seems to be the norm in the Knight Rider replica world. (Sigh...)

I haven't heard anything bad about LECTRIC ENTERPRISES so I feel sure you will get your parts. He has always seemed to me to be a upstanding gentleman. But you should touch base with him on the phone if he is not receiving your e-mails after 2 years. I doubt you would have to take him to small claims court. His reputation is good in the KR replica community, and his parts are made VERY well.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 am

Newcastle knight wrote:Ive been waiting a lot longer than you for my dash electronics so i think filing a law suit isnt going to help anyone ! its gonna slow Brenon down in making things and piss his other customers off too.

I know your frustrated but you will get your stuff mate just hang in there, people have been posting up on various forums that they have started receiving their orders so Brenon is rolling out the good stuff once more.

Scott
I wouldn't wait 2 years.... If someone is doing a replica and has it almost done and then you have to wait for 2 years to finish....NO.....I'm in the same boat like you but with someone else. I'm tired of telling people that it's almost done just because I can't get help from someone I got parts from. I'm looking for someone near me that can finish my computer so I can have it done for World Of Wheels......To me, it just get old waiting for someone, and then the high price you pay just to open a box and find it's just stuff from your local Best Buy or on line and you could have got for a 1/4 of the money you spent. I work my ass for the money I make, I'm tired of giving it to people who don't come threw with the parts or send you crap.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:50 pm

krkitt1 wrote: I wouldn't wait 2 years....
I definitely hear ya Ted, but MANY folks (like me) HAD to wait 2 years or more for Knight Rider parts if they wanted to complete a replica K.I.T.T. car.

I know I had to wait YEARS for my K2000 parts to come in through various well know vendors.

I waited 2 and half years in particular for my Knight 2000 scanner. But I got it eventually and understood the wait time in the end.
(If I didn't want to wait and badmouthed the vendor publicly I would NEVER own a Knight 2000 car to this day.)

It comes down to the fact we can't just go walking into a national store chain and get a Jupiter Electronics DTMF phone-tone voicebox or speedometer for our cars. They are made by folks who have a talent in that particular field and it takes time. Prototyping a product and designing it makes time and money that customers who are not so technically inclined do not understand.

The VERY nice 4th season voice box I got years ago had consisted of about $20 in raw PCB parts but cost me hundreds to purchase from the particular vendor. (But it was worth it)

My Knight 2000 scanner I bought from another vendor was maybe $40 dollars worth of materials but I paid over $700 for it. But I was cool with it in both instances because I couldn't build something like that at the time. So I had to purchase from vendors in that field. So in the end it was worth it to me and I never bitched about it publicly or in private.
(When customers complain publicly about time delays or something they can't do on there own, it usually burns bridges between that vendor and the customer. Many times needlessly.)

There have ALWAYS been a small percentage of customers from EVERY KR vendor who complain about time delays/price of parts since this hobby started 20 years ago. It just comes with the KR replica hobby territory unfortunately.

Of course there are times when some vendors just take the money and run and NEVER send out anything and have to be sued in court. I can count the bad apples through the years on 1 hand though. (But it unfortunately happens) :(

I have five really good KR replica friends in particular who were taken for TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars who to this day never received anything from that particular vendor and had no success in taking the vendor to court.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:26 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:
krkitt1 wrote: I wouldn't wait 2 years....
So in the end it was worth it to me and I never bitched about it publicly or in private.
(When customers complain publicly about time delays or something they can't do on there own, it usually burns bridges between that vendor and the customer. Many times needlessly.)

Of course there are times when some vendors just take the money and run and NEVER send out anything and have to be sued in court. I can count the bad apples through the years on 1 hand though. (But it unfortunately happens) :(

I have five really good KR replica friends in particular who were taken for TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars who to this day never received anything from that particular vendor and had no success in taking the vendor to court.
Ok Josh, Here is my thing. There are a few of us who have been (Taken) from a certain person or persons, I don't want to say their name but you may know one of them. One was taken for over $2000 and has been waiting for there parts for over 2 years, this person will not return e-mails or phone calls, I was taken for $600 and you say (When customers complain publicly about time delays or something they can't do on there own, it usually burns bridges between that vendor and the customer. )? For my $600, your damn right I'm going to bitch and complain publicly, hell I may start posting names on the people that have burn me and a few other. I'm not afraid, only the people that rip people off should be afraid. If people would just put out a good product, explain that it's hand made and may take sometime and do this at a fair price, I wouldn't have a problem. Filing a lawsuit is just going to cost more money on top of what was already lost,I know this is the type of world we live in and if I need something done, then I need to learn to make it myself and not depend on others.
Just to let everyone know, I'm not talking about Josh, there are 2 vendors that took me and a few other people for some big bucks. I didn't want Taoworm to think this was about him.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:29 pm

krkitt1 wrote:there are 2 vendors that took me and a few other people for some big bucks. I didn't want Taoworm to think this was about him.
Sorry Ted. I didn't know about that. That sucks man. :(
Did you ever get your nicer scanner like the one I got for 4 grand from 'you know who' yet? (Is that one of the vendors your referring to?)

And I agree with you that sometimes you HAVE to name names publicly, especially if you never received the product after 2 years. (Like I did with Eric Nagy back in the day.)

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:51 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:Did you ever get your nicer scanner like the one I got for 4 grand from 'you know who' yet? (Is that one of the vendors your referring to?)
Yes, He did a few of us wrong. So, I'm talking to Jason on doing a better Scanner.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:55 pm

WHAT!? :shock:
Ted, PM me with the details man. I want to see if I can help you guys in anyway if your getting the run around about getting your part from him. That's messed up man. Did he take your money or was the scanner somehow not complete when you got it? He did this to other people too?
SO not cool since I was referring folks to him. God that pisses me off. Especially since he was 'official' so to speak. (Not to mention the thousands it costs to get one.) :x

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 pm

No, I didn't get it, I asked for a refund due to the problem I'm having with my dad's house and lawyer. He didn't have to make the scanner, it was a leftover from the show. Also he wouldn't replace my dash lights that only lasted 3 months, I understand a restocking , but these were made for the show and you know he got paid from NBC so he was making some extra cash. Also, if he would have said that there was no refunds, I would be fine. One person has called and emailed him for his stuff for over 2 years and he paid for a hood and a scanner and got nothing. We emailed each other for 2 days and then he wouldn't respond to me anymore. Not good.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:22 pm

Wow! Thats SO F'd up.
I'm glad I got mine when I did. When he sent me my scanner it was broken! I kid you not. (And thats when we were planing on working together through his website. One of the 4 LED panels (2 panels for each air intake opening) was damaged and on the fritz when he sent it to me. I had to send it back to him and he replaced the part but it still made some red flags go up.

This is my scanner as used in the TV Movie before he sent it to me.
Notice the section out on the far right hand side...

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Everytime I see the attack mode version of kitt in the movie I think how ugly is that thing.How dare they bestow the name kitt on that wretched monstrosity.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Everytime I see the attack mode version of kitt in the movie I think how ugly is that thing.How dare they bestow the name kitt on that wretched monstrosity.
Knight Racer, I don't think that kind of discussion is on topic is this particular thread and seeks to inflame/troll the many members here on K.R.O that DO like the 3000.

Come on man, your better than that...Image

Mods can delete this response post as well to not derail the thread.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:04 am

taoworm2323 wrote:Knight Racer, I don't think that kind of discussion is on topic is this particular thread and seeks to inflame/troll the many members here on K.R.O that DO like the 3000.
Meh.

There are people who think Super Pursuit Mode is a monstrosity. Yeah, a little off-topic but I for one ain't worried too much about it.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:57 am

Michael Pajaro wrote: Meh.
There are people who think Super Pursuit Mode is a monstrosity. Yeah, a little off-topic but I for one ain't worried too much about it.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:25 pm

The k3000 body grew on me over the years its just the attack mode in the pilot that really sickens me.While I didn't mention that to "inflame" people' on the forum.

I will say this about the thread though.To help cool down the person who is trying to to file a suit,how about anyone who received merchandise from them discuss the quality of the merchandise they received from them and exactly how long it took each person to receive theirs.