Sneak Peek of New Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT!!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Sneak Peek of New Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT!!

Post by imranbecks » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:27 pm

KITTfan wrote:I'm very much looking forward to the 1/43 KITT as well.
I still like my ERTL KITT & KARR too, they were the first 1/18 models we got back in 2004 and before that I thought we'd never get any new Knight Rider merchandise again so I was really happy to buy ERTL KITT and KARR even if it isn't perfectly accurate and I'm happy to buy this new Hotwheels KITT too in 1/18 & 1/43.

I was even afraid in 1986 that I'd never see Knight Rider again and was really depressed when the show went off the air. Gladly I was mistaken and there was re-runs in the 90's & 2000's which I recorded on VHS tapes, we now have the DVD's, music cd's, this forum & others, modelcars, etc. :)
Here here... We should all be grateful for that! :good: :good:

mvgs2011
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by mvgs2011 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:17 am

imranbecks wrote:
mvgs2011 wrote:
imranbecks wrote:Cool it everyone. The photos of the model so far is of a prototype. So why get so worked up over them? To some of us, it looks good already. Some improvements needed such as the wheels of coz which I'm sure will look nothing like that on the prototype. Judging by the standard of the cars in the Hot Wheels Elite line, I doubt the wheels would look like the one on the prototype for the final model. So to those who aren't happy about the Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT, please kindly leave this thread alone and refrain yourself from posting anything else. There are some here who are pleased with what we have seen so far. Seeing as it is a prototype, Improvements are bound to happen on the final model. Whichever way it'll look once its released, I will still go buy it. I'm sure I won't be alone doing that.

On a side note, even if there ever will be a near accurate or 100% accurate model of KITT in the future, its people like the ones here that are criticizing it that will still mention all the minor inaccuracies. Its a toy. Its a model. Its a mass produced item. Whatever you want to call it. Its not the real car. Live with it. Its not like the custom model that you built etc etc which you all think is perfect. So enough with all of this. Where were you guys back in 2004 for the ERTL 1/18 KITT thread? I don't remember having this sort of argument in that thread.

I can't wait to get the model, then I'll post photos of it once I have it just like I did when I got my model of the 1/18 KITT and KARR back in 2004. So haters, we don't need you here.
Guy, sincerely, It`s convenience. I`m sorry.

I don`t agree with You. Model cars can be like the real cars. Guys, think, How much time we waited for a 1/18 KITT?

Only in 2004 we have ERTL model. A disaster. A model all out of scale with a bizarre nose.

And now, will we accept that again? (I agree that Hotwheels model is a little better than ERTL, but not enough).
Some of us here are willing to accept it. Its not like we get Knight Rider models every year. Whenever any Knight Rider toy or model comes around, I take it as a bonus. And I'm really glad of the KR products we have this year. 30th Anniversary to thank for that. If you can't accept the Hot Wheels model for whatever the reason, then thats your problem. Feel free not to purchase it, no one is forcing you. I can show you all my Knight Rider models/toys that I have, I'm sure you will have fun nitpicking the models pointing out all the inaccuracies.

I still love that ERTL 1/18 KITT.. It looks good in its own right whether its screen accurate or not. Its still KITT, and its still Knight Rider. Plus, the reason why I bought the Japanese version with the Goodyear visible on the tyres is because it gives the model character...

My friend, how You can see below, I don`t have problem. You have one problem and soon You will have two problems. :lol:
Attachments
DSC01383.JPG
DSC01383.JPG (76.56 KiB) Viewed 20756 times

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:19 am

Ohhh, I forgot, It´s not 1/18, It´s 1/16.

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:27 am

mvgs2011 wrote:Ohhh, I forgot, It´s not 1/18, It´s 1/16.
Attachments
DSC01419.JPG
DSC01419.JPG (78.44 KiB) Viewed 20753 times

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:36 am

What problems? You mean it will be a problem to have two models of KITT that is not screen accurate????? Hahaha.. Oh please. I have no problems with it. Maybe you would, but not me. Like I said before. Whatever. Unlike you, I don't really care if it isn't 100% screen accurate.

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:45 am

Your ERTL Isn`t accurate, but it´s looking good. The paint is new, well polished. Great!

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:31 am

I prefert the nose on many replicas flush and smooth with the body of the car and not too long compared to the orignal

kittvskarr1984
Volunteer

Post by kittvskarr1984 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:08 am

mvgs2011 wrote:Your ERTL Isn`t accurate, but it´s looking good. The paint is new, well polished. Great!
Making an inaccurate model of kitt is an insult to kitt and knight rider.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:31 am

Haha.. Ok. Don't get the inaccurate models then. More power for those of us who wants to get the models as they wld be easily available. Do the models yourself if u want 100% accuracy.

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:15 am

kittvskarr1984 wrote:
mvgs2011 wrote:Your ERTL Isn`t accurate, but it´s looking good. The paint is new, well polished. Great!
I agree with You. Many years to make a model car, They could make a accurate model. How somebody said here, I don`t remember who, but seems that The Hotwheels or any maker is doing a favor for us.

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:26 am

imranbecks wrote:Haha.. Ok. Don't get the inaccurate models then. More power for those of us who wants to get the models as they wld be easily available. Do the models yourself if u want 100% accuracy.
I did, how you could see the pictures. The problem is: ERTL is 13% accuracy and Hotwheels, until now, is 22% accuracy. So sad!! They can make better!!! More sad is see You saying that It´s ok.

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:31 am

mvgs2011 wrote:
imranbecks wrote:Haha.. Ok. Don't get the inaccurate models then. More power for those of us who wants to get the models as they wld be easily available. Do the models yourself if u want 100% accuracy.
I did, how you could see the pictures. The problem is: ERTL is 13% accuracy and Hotwheels, until now, is 22% accuracy. So sad!! They can make better!!! More sad is see You saying that It´s ok.
Honestly, shut up already.
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

Cam FR
Volunteer

Post by Cam FR » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:20 pm

PBH wrote:
mvgs2011 wrote:
Honestly, shut up already.
Well said PBH !

the problem is , MVGS that your model is not truly acurate so , stop flooding this thread, we are now awaiting for the next news.

so , to quote PBH "Shut up already"

Thanks.

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:33 pm

You think Hotwheels model is good, how come you want talk about mine. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, but You shut up already!!!

You could press them to make a accurate model and not accept this so easy.

tuske427
Recruit

Post by tuske427 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:02 am

mvgs2011 wrote:Tuske,

I did´t understand what you want to say with that, since the nose and tires with hubcaps are too different of Hotwheels car. I can see that clearly. The problem is: what is good for You Isn`t good for me.
So I don´t want continue with discussion, because how I can see You aren´t able to observe the lines of one car or model. My friend, sorry for to say, but You not born for this. If You think that the prototype of Hotwheels is like the car of screen, I´m sorry but you can play soccer, you can fix computers, you can ride a bike, less try to make a car model, please!

In other hand, if You like of hotwheels model, BUY IT! I think that We must press this makers to make perfect models like Autoart models and Minichamps models, but You think no, GOOD!!! BUY IT.

Marcos
Marcos:

Ok, let me try to explain more then since you don't understand...

1- I disagree with you. I truly do not believe that the Hot Wheels 1:18 KITT nose is not so far off like you describe. The screen shot I posted previously proves that.

I don't know about you, but I like to go to the source to get the best reference. Ideally, having a car used to film would be first on my list, and the DVD's are second. (CAD files would be great, but, obviously, they don't exist) One off images, replicas built years later, etc, I do not consider accurate reference.

2- I disagree with you. I think the tire sidewall height is reasonably proportionately accurate. I will concede that what is not accurate is the lack of a radius from the sidewall to the tire tread. (too sharp of corner, it should be softer radius) I believe this is what is throwing you off and making you think otherwise.

3- Do you know who else disagrees with you? The licensor does. Universal has approved the KITT sculpt, and they own the IP (Intellectual Property) for it. If it was off they would have disapproved it. So it must be somewhat close...

4- What also bothers me is from my first post on this thread all I tried to do was provide to you and the others on this board accurate information about the toy development in general, as well as this product specifically. Your reply was "IT´S A JOKE. ONLY THIS, A JOKE!" You couldn't have been more wrong...

I later replied with reference from the season one DVD showing the season one KITT. Again, all you come back with is negativity and insults towards me, leaving out any facts or evidence to aid your debate. If you're so sure that this is wrong- prove it. Show me. Get some screen shots from season one and show me how the Hot Wheels diecast is so far off like you claim it is. Yeah, it might be a little off, but you make it sound like it's another car altogether.

Now don't get me wrong, I also know it is not perfect. I have news for you- it can never be perfect. Nothing can. Everyone has a different opinion about what they like and, as such, there will always be disagreements over what is considered "perfect". And I'm Ok with the fact that you don't like it. But you don't need to go to the aggressive lengths you do to make your point. A simple "I don't like it" would suffice. People would get that. And not buying it would show your dislike. You don't have to rant on and try to form mob riots...

5- I also don't like how elsewhere in your post you brag about how great your own model is. (I should more accurately describe it as a mildly modified store bought model) If you have to show pics and then tell people how great it is, there is something wrong. All you need to say is "hey everyone, what do you think?"... One should not have to tell others how great their stuff is. That's bragging (which is a bad trait in itself), and an obvious case of personal insecurity. I also question the accuracy of your model. So let's talk about it. Take a real close look... and try to be objective. (One good way to do this is to review "mirrored" images of your work, or look at your work through a mirror. It works great when sketching) I see the following errors I think should be revised:

Revision 1- The top side edges are over radiused. They need to be smaller to match the radius of the top edge of the fenders.

Proof: Look at this pic Image

Notice the highlight from the fender to the nose piece remains the same size. Or look at the other pic below.

Revision 2- The raised center section is too sharp (area on top center in front of scanner). It needs a softer transition to the sides. Your model looks like it has corners.

Proof: look at the pic below.

Revision 3- The marker light covers look too tall. Perhaps it's the angle of the photo, but when I look at season one images, they look proportionately too tall.

Proof: Pic below:

So what's my point with picking your model apart? Your model isn't perfect. But so what. You're happy with it, yes? And that's all that should matter. Same for the folks here on this thread who like the KITT diecast coming out. They like it. Let them be happy with it. You don't need to try and rain on their parade.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:27 am

It's great if they make it 100% accurate but if they don't then.....well, it's just a toy.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:07 am

kittvskarr1984 wrote:
Unless you do the models yourself, there probably would never be a 100% screen accurate scale model of KITT. You might as well say that all the toys and models released in the past and present for KITT were all an insult to Knight Rider then...

No, its not the 1/18 KITT, but how's this for an accurate KITT? Insulted? Hahahaha.. Its my KITT minimates...I love it!

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:58 am

tuske427 wrote:Tuske,

I did´t understand what you want to say with that, since the nose and tires with hubcaps are too different of Hotwheels car. I can see that clearly. The problem is: what is good for You Isn`t good for me.
So I don´t want continue with discussion, because how I can see You aren´t able to observe the lines of one car or model. My friend, sorry for to say, but You not born for this. If You think that the prototype of Hotwheels is like the car of screen, I´m sorry but you can play soccer, you can fix computers, you can ride a bike, less try to make a car model, please!

In other hand, if You like of hotwheels model, BUY IT! I think that We must press this makers to make perfect models like Autoart models and Minichamps models, but You think no, GOOD!!! BUY IT.

Marcos
Marcos:

Ok, let me try to explain more then since you don't understand...

1- I disagree with you. I truly do not believe that the Hot Wheels 1:18 KITT nose is not so far off like you describe. The screen shot I posted previously proves that.

I don't know about you, but I like to go to the source to get the best reference. Ideally, having a car used to film would be first on my list, and the DVD's are second. (CAD files would be great, but, obviously, they don't exist) One off images, replicas built years later, etc, I do not consider accurate reference.

2- I disagree with you. I think the tire sidewall height is reasonably proportionately accurate. I will concede that what is not accurate is the lack of a radius from the sidewall to the tire tread. (too sharp of corner, it should be softer radius) I believe this is what is throwing you off and making you think otherwise.

3- Do you know who else disagrees with you? The licensor does. Universal has approved the KITT sculpt, and they own the IP (Intellectual Property) for it. If it was off they would have disapproved it. So it must be somewhat close...

4- What also bothers me is from my first post on this thread all I tried to do was provide to you and the others on this board accurate information about the toy development in general, as well as this product specifically. Your reply was "IT´S A JOKE. ONLY THIS, A JOKE!" You couldn't have been more wrong...

I later replied with reference from the season one DVD showing the season one KITT. Again, all you come back with is negativity and insults towards me, leaving out any facts or evidence to aid your debate. If you're so sure that this is wrong- prove it. Show me. Get some screen shots from season one and show me how the Hot Wheels diecast is so far off like you claim it is. Yeah, it might be a little off, but you make it sound like it's another car altogether.

Now don't get me wrong, I also know it is not perfect. I have news for you- it can never be perfect. Nothing can. Everyone has a different opinion about what they like and, as such, there will always be disagreements over what is considered "perfect". And I'm Ok with the fact that you don't like it. But you don't need to go to the aggressive lengths you do to make your point. A simple "I don't like it" would suffice. People would get that. And not buying it would show your dislike. You don't have to rant on and try to form mob riots...

5- I also don't like how elsewhere in your post you brag about how great your own model is. (I should more accurately describe it as a mildly modified store bought model) If you have to show pics and then tell people how great it is, there is something wrong. All you need to say is "hey everyone, what do you think?"... One should not have to tell others how great their stuff is. That's bragging (which is a bad trait in itself), and an obvious case of personal insecurity. I also question the accuracy of your model. So let's talk about it. Take a real close look... and try to be objective. (One good way to do this is to review "mirrored" images of your work, or look at your work through a mirror. It works great when sketching) I see the following errors I think should be revised:

Revision 1- The top side edges are over radiused. They need to be smaller to match the radius of the top edge of the fenders.

Proof: Look at this pic Image

Notice the highlight from the fender to the nose piece remains the same size. Or look at the other pic below.

Revision 2- The raised center section is too sharp (area on top center in front of scanner). It needs a softer transition to the sides. Your model looks like it has corners.

Proof: look at the pic below.

Revision 3- The marker light covers look too tall. Perhaps it's the angle of the photo, but when I look at season one images, they look proportionately too tall.

Proof: Pic below:

So what's my point with picking your model apart? Your model isn't perfect. But so what. You're happy with it, yes? And that's all that should matter. Same for the folks here on this thread who like the KITT diecast coming out. They like it. Let them be happy with it. You don't need to try and rain on their parade.[/quote]

Tuske,

We are with a problem. What you see I`m not able to see or what I see you are not able to see.

Let´s me explain, I`m model car collector. I´m not a toy collector. If You a toy collector there are many knight Rider toy cars to sell. How I can see, imranbecks is a toy collector. He enjoys and doesn`t mind if the model is accurate or not. Good, it´s a point of view.
In other hand, for the model car collector there aren´t one accurate model of Knight Rider to sell. When I was notified that HotWheels made a one and with Elite version I said: wow, finally. I understand that Elite is not for children, not a toy, since I have a F1 Elite Ferrari F10 and the model is very accurate.
But when I saw the prototype pictures was disappointing. The model has failures on the body. The T-tops are straight and not an angle behind. The fenders need to be more slim to, consequently, the nose to be more slim too. The tires are too big. The line in the middle of t-tops is too large. Ok, it´s too large to open, but I not agree in change the body to do some functions. The situation is simple, reduce a 82 Pontiac Trans Am and make the Knight Rider version, only this.

I need to say that my car was made for myself, not to sell. And It was made at home, not in a factory. It´s not perfect but, in my opinion and some people here too, It looks better that any other model made. I´m not a genius, but I wanted to have a good Knight Rider model. I worked for that. I saw hundreds pictures and videos of 82 Trans Am and Knight Rider Trans Am. I don`t make the nose and dash only. I changed lots of parts of the body since Revell 82 Firebird has some failures out of scale.

The nose that You showed me, I think be season 3 nose. I started to make this, but I changed. Look the picture 1.
After I wanted to change to the nose of the opening and one the first episodes, see picture 2.

What makes me angry is that there are many makers and none was able to make an accurate knight rider model car. Guy, my model was made at home. If I had all the tools that this makers have, I would to make the best model that you ever seen. But I don`t have, unfortunately.

Marcos
Attachments
Picture 1
Picture 1
DSC01215.JPG (81.03 KiB) Viewed 20322 times
Picture 2
Picture 2
frontofscannerflat.jpg (47.74 KiB) Viewed 20322 times

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:04 pm

Oh I forgot, when I said about the joke, was because You said that the car wasn`t accurate since existing the laws and rules. Of course I don`t agree with that. If it were, Minichamps, AutoART, Exoto couldn`t to make models.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:20 pm

I can't wait to get my hands on this Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT!!! Hopefully before the end of the year....

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Guys,

Things are getting out of hand now, so It's time to move on from the arguments and get back to the topic at hand. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:27 pm

yes I want a Knight3000 also:)

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Pierre wrote:yes I want a Knight3000 also:)
So get one :P (No scanner light though - Just the car)
http://www.amazon.com/Shelby-GT500KR-St ... B001JIM6I6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:15 am

Just like the one I have :-) An impressive model!

kittvskarr1984
Volunteer

Post by kittvskarr1984 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:55 am

imranbecks wrote:
kittvskarr1984 wrote:
Unless you do the models yourself, there probably would never be a 100% screen accurate scale model of KITT. You might as well say that all the toys and models released in the past and present for KITT were all an insult to Knight Rider then...

No, its not the 1/18 KITT, but how's this for an accurate KITT? Insulted? Hahahaha.. Its my KITT minimates...I love it!

Good for you. That is what car model manufacturing companies want is people like you who will buy anything as long as it says "knight rider" on the packaging no matter how inaccurate the model looks. And yes, past and present models (except for the 1/43, 1/24 aoshima kitt which are almost accurate and the model of marcos) are an insult to kitt and knight rider.