Sneak Peek of New Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT!!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Sneak Peek of New Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT!!

Post by Dave Knight » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:43 am

that's what i am thinking too, anyway, I want it so badly he he.
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:49 am

Dave Knight wrote:that's what i am thinking too, anyway, I want it so badly he he.
You and me both!

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:35 am

not so sure even the 1/43 aoshima has a sleeker nose and has electronic. Maybe japanese electronique are much more advanced^^

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:57 am

Hmm.. Possibly. I have the Aoshima 1/43 KITT, it is I think the most accurate model of KITT.. Here is the season 4 KITT in 1/43. Is the nose sleeker? I also have season 1 KITT but since i'm at work, i'll only have photos of it later. Image

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:21 am

With regards to the post abt the 1/43 KITT from Aoshima having a sleeker nose despite the electronics for the scanner light, I went and took some photos of my 1/43 Season 1 KITT, emphasizing more on the nose area. The nose still does not look as sleek even on this great looking model of the car. But still IMO, out of all the completed models released so far of KITT, nothing comes close to the 1/43 models Aoshima did last time. Too bad they were small though, but boy did they look great. If you guys remembered, they also did KARR as well as the season 4 KITT as shown in my previous post. Do let me know if you want to see photos of my 1/43 KARR. Maybe the 1/43 ones coming soon from Hot Wheels alongside the 1/18 model will look better than Aoshima's, then again maybe it won't. Here is the 1/43 Season 1 KITT from Aoshima that was released back in 2003..

You can see more photos of the 1/43 KITT here in my facebook >>> http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 7d138d4665

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:20 pm

That's a nice 1/43 model of KITT. Seems it was quite a limited production run and therefore difficult to get, probably sold out quickly too. Didn't see it in the usual online modelshops I use, hopefully I'll manage to get the Hotwheels models.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:37 am

Yeah.. I guess it was pretty limited. I remembered how difficult it was for me to acquire them at the time even though I'm in Asia as it took quite a while for my distributor to bring a few pieces in. Finally did get it though. I remembered it selling out quickly at HLJ shortly after it was released. You can still however find the season 4 variation which was released in 2009 at some online websites and at ebay. I've came across the 1/43 Season 4 KITT a couple of times. The difference on the model of the season 4 is obviously the nose area, an improved moving LED scanner as well as no side windows so you have clear access to view the dashboard without the obstruction of the windows like on the previous 1/43 KITT/KARR.

mvgs2011
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by mvgs2011 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:29 am

More pictures of my Revell Knight Rider 1:16.

I have received emails by website, but I have not been able to answer. If You want contact me, send an e-mail to mvgs2002@terra.com.br

Thank You,

Marcos
Attachments
DSC01551.JPG
DSC01551.JPG (87.23 KiB) Viewed 21027 times
DSC01552.JPG
DSC01552.JPG (81.53 KiB) Viewed 21027 times
DSC01554.JPG
DSC01554.JPG (90.55 KiB) Viewed 21027 times

KnightSlider
Volunteer

Post by KnightSlider » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:07 pm

why, oh why Hot wheels is not able to make such a beautiful , and accurate nose!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
it's just perfect!

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:18 pm

Me too. I don´t know why Hotwheels is not able to make that. I did mine at home. They are at a factory and are not able to make an accurate nose. I can not understand that!

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:21 pm

Does anyone know the Hotwheels email? I will send the pictures above to them.

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Front nose.
Attachments
DSC01372.JPG
DSC01372.JPG (77.35 KiB) Viewed 20950 times

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:29 pm

mvgs2011 wrote:Does anyone know the Hotwheels email? I will send the pictures above to them.
Just tweet them - @HotwheelsElite
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:28 am

I have been and will continue to gather all feedback in these threads and send it to them via email. They've been very receptive to working to make a awesome product, so if you want to email me at Neil at knightriderlnline dot com, I'll fwd them on as well

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:40 pm

neps wrote:I have been and will continue to gather all feedback in these threads and send it to them via email. They've been very receptive to working to make a awesome product, so if you want to email me at Neil at knightriderlnline dot com, I'll fwd them on as well
So, please, show to them the pictures above. And tell them that their model has problems how describe in this topic. Thank You! Marcos

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:45 am

pretty sure it is way too late in the game to change any of the body's tooling so the thicker nose is something you are all gonna have to live with.
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

KnightSlider
Volunteer

Post by KnightSlider » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:13 am

no, i won't have to live with it, because, if the final product is exactly the same that we see on those pics (with this awful nose), i will cancel my preorder, and i won' t buy this s..t!
i have already bought one inaccurate 1/18 (joyride), i will not make the same mistake twice..
and the joyride was way cheaper that this very expensive hot wheels elite..
so if for this kind of price, it's still so far from the real thing, you can count me out!

i'm sure they didn't even look at some footages of the show,or pics of the original kitt to make such a wrong nose!

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:06 am

The nose deisgn they used looks like the 4th season nose. they just added the turn signal covers to it. That is why it looks shorter and thicker.

As mentioned, I doubt they are going to change it at this point. The tooling has been done and I doubt they will go through the expense to modify it because of one persons opinion.

You have your 1/16th scale one, be happy with that.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:56 am

KnightSlider wrote:no, i won't have to live with it, because, if the final product is exactly the same that we see on those pics (with this awful nose), i will cancel my preorder, and i won' t buy this s..t!
i have already bought one inaccurate 1/18 (joyride), i will not make the same mistake twice..
and the joyride was way cheaper that this very expensive hot wheels elite..
so if for this kind of price, it's still so far from the real thing, you can count me out!

i'm sure they didn't even look at some footages of the show,or pics of the original kitt to make such a wrong nose!
I have a collection of over 150 scale models ranging in price from $15.00 to $300.00. Believe me, there is no such thing as 100% accurate. This is a toy replica of the real car and nothing more. If you're looking for 100% accurate, don't bother ordering or pre-ordering any toy replicas.

Just my 2 cents.
Phil

KnightSlider
Volunteer

Post by KnightSlider » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:12 am

i don't ask for 100% accurate, but at least a nose that look like the real one, and not some hybrid thing that doesn't even exist on any car in the show.
that's the most important thing on this car...that's what gave it his special look!
And look the nose that mvgs2011 made himself on his model...it's probably far from 100% acurate, but it's so close it doesn't matter....it's just perfect!
he made a brillant job making this nose by himself, and hotwheels with all their ressources are not able to even get close!
for the price they charge for this model, just a little work would have been nice!
i was very happy when this model was announced, but hot wheels just ruined it...so sad... :cry:
i know they won't change it for 1 person's opinion, but i doubt to be the only one disapointed..(again)
but at least they won't have my money...

it's very frustrating, that for 20 years, there has not been even 1 accurate model of this car...it's incredible,because it's not the most complex design there is!

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:26 am

For those not getting it or cancelling pre-orders coz its not 100% accurate etc, suit yourself. All the better for me and the others so we can easily get it once its released :-) Looking forward to it, just as I did for the 1/18 ERTL KITT a few years back!

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:38 am

KnightSlider wrote:i don't ask for 100% accurate, but at least a nose that look like the real one, and not some hybrid thing that doesn't even exist on any car in the show.
I own the Hot Wheels Elite Ecto-1, A-Team van and Ferrris Bueller Ferrari. Believe me, these are stunning models. True, KITT's nose may not be 100%, but I really feel you should look at the finished product before deciding. I think you'll be swayed.
Phil

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:45 pm

PBH wrote:
KnightSlider wrote:i don't ask for 100% accurate, but at least a nose that look like the real one, and not some hybrid thing that doesn't even exist on any car in the show.
I own the Hot Wheels Elite Ecto-1, A-Team van and Ferrris Bueller Ferrari. Believe me, these are stunning models. True, KITT's nose may not be 100%, but I really feel you should look at the finished product before deciding. I think you'll be swayed.
When it comes to the Hot Wheels Elite models, I think they're right up there with the likes of AutoArt in terms of quality and detail. I too have the Ecto-1 and yes, it is stunning. To certain Ghostbusters fans, it isn't a 100% accurate model of the car as well since it was based on a refurbished Ecto-1 movie car. Some minor differences here and there but still better than the ERTL Ecto-1. The Hot Wheels is just very intricately detailed and nicely done!

Here are photos of my Hot Wheels Elite Ecto-1 so you guys get the idea of what to expect from the Hot Wheels Elite line... >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/imranbecks ... 949052832/

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Think you guys are a little too critical of the Ertl toy, I'm sorry but for a massed produced toy that was available for $35-$40 the detail and quality were most definitely acceptable in my opinion. Same with the Ertl Ecto-1 car compared to the hot wheels elite, you would expect that big of a difference between $35 and $160. I tend to agree with the others here, for $160 we need those 13" rims fixed, and the nose adjusted to be more accurate. But who are we kidding here, they already have my money regardless and I am totally fine with that just to own a piece of KR collectable history. :) Considering this car comes out in 2-3 months, I think you are ALL crazy if you think anything is going to be changed this late in the game. I would bet these parts are already being pulled from their molds and being assembled.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KnightSlider
Volunteer

Post by KnightSlider » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:38 pm

that's what i meant..
what was excusable on the ertl, in regard of the price (very affordable), is not ,on a high price collectible like the elite..
so the nose is a deal breaker, at least for me...(and the wheels are very wrong too)..
of course, i will wait for the pictures of the finish product, but i don't have much hope.